Chapter 9

The Story of the Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The annoying sound of my phone ringing echoed throughout my room making me turn in my sleep. Groggily, I reached for it under my pillow but it wasn't there. "Ugh. Stop calling." I whined at no one. When it rang again, I sat up and followed the sound of the ringing. Pulling up my blanket, I found it beside my foot. I picked it up and swiped the answer button.

"Call me back later," I said. "Open the door." The person on the other line said instead. In shock, I opened my eyes and checked the caller ID. Then I let out a groan. "Go home," I said to the line. "I have food." He said. "The passcode is 1012," I said before I hung up and went to the bathroom and washed up. "Oh. Right." I said when I felt that I was missing something. Grabbing my bra from my bathroom, I wore it under my hoodie and went downstairs.

"How are you such a sleepy head?" Daniel oppa said while I descended down the stairs. "And you're not alone, apparently," I said, waving my hands at the others. At the sight of Daehwi, I opened my arms for a hug. He smiled and skipped his way to me only to be blocked by Kang Daniel's long arm. "Go fix the table." He said, smiling down at the lad. Daehwi pouted and waved his hand instead, making me make a heart sign with my hands.

"What time is it?" I asked, standing beside Daniel oppa. He placed his arm around my shoulder and led me to the kitchen, where the guys were preparing the food they brought. "It's 7 AM." He said. I turned to him in shock. "How'd you get out in broad daylight?" I asked. "We used a van?" Ong oppa said, poking my cheek when he passed by us. "What day is it?" I asked. "Wednesday." Jaehwan oppa said. I nodded then looked back at him when I saw him in front of the stove. In a rush, I went to his side. "Oppa. You don't have to cook." I said, laughing worriedly. "Yah. Trust me. I can cook this." He said pushing me back gently to the other kids. I looked back at him worried. "I'll help you then," I said, but Jihoon came and pushed me out of the kitchen and in front of the kitchen counter by the wall.

I stood outside the kitchen border as I watched them do their own thing inside my kitchen. Jisung oppa stood beside me shortly and handed me a cup of coffee. "Here. Sorry for the chaos." He said, showing me a warm smile that made his eyes turn crescent in shape. "It's fine. I'm kind of glad that you came." I said, smiling down at the cup of coffee he gave me. The warmth of the coffee transferring to my hands felt really nice, especially with the view of all these noisy people arguing and just being a live mess.

"They're a mess but I like how loud they can be," I said, watching the boys enjoying themselves cooking. "Thank you, for coming. I know that it's also disappointing you can't go home today." I said, turning to Jisung oppa who patted my head. "Daniel thought of it. You should thank him." He said before he entered the noisy kitchen to help out the confused Jaehwan oppa.

I took out my phone and typed in a text. After a minutes or so, I smiled when I got a quick response from my mom saying "Have a wonderful Chuseok Eun-ah. I miss you. Eat well and stay warm this winter. I'll call you later. You enjoy the day.". Smiling down at it, I looked up and to see that everyone was quiet and looking at me. "Why?" I asked. "Tears..." Jihoon whispered, pointing at me. I turned around and quickly wiped the tear that was about to fall, then I looked back at them and showed them a bright smile. "Eun-ah!" Jisung oppa cried, walking towards me to give me a hug. I hugged him back, laughing. Then Jihoon also came, then Guanlin, then Daehwi, and soon everyone was engulfed in a group hug. I, on the other hand, was laughing.

"You guys are adorable," I said. "And you're a baby." Ong oppa said, brushing my head with his palm while in his embrace. "He's the baby," I said, pointing at Jihoon. "I'm what?" He said, standing in front of me like some thug. "I said, you're the baby." Sticking my tongue out at him, I hid behind Guanlin who was the nearest person I could grab to block me from the charging Jihoon.

"Ok. Go back inside." Sungwoon oppa said, grabbing Jihoon's jacket collar and pulling him back inside. Despite his small figure, he's such a strong and tough guy it's so funny how it's not proportional. "Noona, Why did you have to drag me to be your shield?" Guanlin said, looking at me with an unamused look. "You're tall and Jihoon wouldn't hurt you," I said, winking at him. He laughed and nodded. "Touche." He said before going back inside as well.

Soon, the food that they were all making was set on the table and we were all eating and chatting about our own chuseok memories. Some of them would do the tradition in the morning and go out for the rest of the day. Some of them would spend the entire day with their families and relatives. And some would just simply do the tradition, visit their ancestors and proceed with their usual day. They asked me how do we celebrate ours and I answered, "In our family, we never really got to spend chuseok traditionally. My parents met abroad and we've lived there ever since. We would go to Korea only when there's no school for us." Then Woojin suddenly raised his arm in excitement. "Let's play a game! So you can experience it, Korean style." He said. I laughed and raised my hand as well. "Call!" I said. "Me too!" Daniel oppa raised his hand and so did the others.


"First one out of the carpet, fails. No use of hands for pushing." Jisung oppa said, standing outside my living room carpet. We cleared the living room so that we could play freely without breaking the furniture. Minhyun oppa suggested that we play Hwatu, which is a card game. But I brought up the Dak Sa Um or the Chicken Fight as they call it. "I saw it on TV. And I really want to play it." Was my reasoning when I tried to convince Jisung oppa, who was the eldest. After a few times or persuading them, I eventually turned to Woojin and Jihoon for help. Well, they can be...really persuasive.

So here we are, inside the rectangularly shaped carpet, standing on one leg with the other folded. Since we were 12 people in total, we divided ourselves into 3 teams. I, of course, recruited myself with the best, Park Jihoon and Park Woojin and Sungwoon oppa. The other team composed of Daniel oppa, Ong oppa, Guanlin, and Jisung oppa. The other, has Jinyoung, Daehwi, Minhyun oppa and Jaehwan oppa. Looking at the other teams, we were divided nicely, since everyone had their weak and strong members. "On the count of three. One..two..three!"

Jisung oppa was the first one eliminated, courtesy of Daniel and Ong oppa. Next was Daehwi, who I pushed to fall on the sofa. I noticed how Daniel oppa and Woojin played aggressively because they were the ones who kept on eliminating people. No one, so far, has tried to eliminate me yet but when we were narrowed down to 4 people, I was targeted. Only Woojin, Jinyoung, Daniel oppa and I were left. "Yah, you guys are no fun. Why won't you hit me?" I complained when we all took a short break because we were jumping for a while. "You're a girl. We can't hit you." Daniel oppa said. I narrowed my eyes at him and aimed to push him out, but he quickly regained his posture and jumped to the side. Then I turned to Jinyoung who was beside him and quickly pushed him out. I turned to Woojin who quickly got my message and charged towards Daniel oppa who was jumping away from us. They jumped in circles and when I found the chance to corner him, I quickly pushed him to fall on the bean bag but in the process, I also lost my balance and ended up falling.

"Wah, you're really aggressive." Daniel oppa said when we both stopped laughing from the fall. He landed on the bean bag while I landed beside him on the pillow. "I used to play with my brother a lot," I said, wiping a tear from laughing too hard. He smiled at me, showing me his eye smile and teeth. He was smiling so widely, it made me smile and chuckle at how happy he is. I looked at Woojin who was running inside the carpet laughing crazy happy he won. "One more round!" I said, standing up and running to the center once again.


"I'm so tired," Jihoon said, laying down on the rug with the other guys. "Why would we play 5 rounds of that..." Jinyoung said, losing the energy to even breath. "It was fun though, right?" I said, coming back from the kitchen and giving them each a glass of water. "I want to sleep," Guanlin said, after downing the whole bottle I just gave him. "Why don't we set up the camping bags I have and you can all take a nap?" I said. In a blink, Daniel was up and beside me. "Let's go. Let's go. We'll get them." He said, linking arms with me. "Kids. Help them." Minhyun oppa said, beat and tired also sitting lifelessly on the sofa. "It's fine. We can manage." Daniel oppa said, quickly pulling me to leave the boys in the living room while we went to the storage room to get the camping bags.

As soon as we were out of sight, I laughed. "What are you doing?" I asked him, while I looked through the drawer for the key. "Helping you get the bags?" He said, unsure. I turned to look at him, then smiled. "You were rushing to get out of there," I said, with a hint of embarrassment. He smiled and walked towards me. He pinched my cheek saying, "I wanted to get back at you for pushing me so much in the game." laughing, I let him be. "It was fun though," I said after he let go of my cheek. "It looked like it." He said, smiling. I couldn't help but smile back at how happy he looked, standing here in front of me. We stared at each other unknowingly for a while before he slowly raised his hand to reach out for my cheek but I turned to look for the key once more. I rummaged for a while and when I found it, I unlocked the storage room and switched on the light.

"I'll bring them out. Wait here." I said in a rush, before walking inside and grabbing all the sleeping bags we had. Looking around for stuff to bring out or not, Daniel oppa suddenly came in. "There are only five sleeping bags." He said. "two of them are good for pairs. The others are already sleeping on the sofa." I said. "I'm sleeping upstairs of course," I said. "Oh." He whispered. I hid back my smile at his embarrassed reaction. "Kidding. I'm camping outside." I said, pulling on the small bag with a tent inside. "I want to camp too!" He said, excitedly, like the five-year-old he is. "They're all asleep anyway right?" I asked. He nodded and smiled widely taking the tent from my hands. We went back downstairs only to find everyone passed out on the floor and on the sofa. Some were awake, some had their eyes closed. The weather is getting pretty cold, it must have added to their tired bodies that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter