Chapter 10

The Story of the Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I leaned back on my chair, closing my eyes and heaving out a tired breath. I lifted my wrist and checked the time. "You can go home, Eun. You have school tomorrow." Minah eonnie said when she came back into the room with more accessories. I smiled instead and replied, "I don't have classes tomorrow. All our professors went to this seminar out of the country." She stopped and looked at me then said, "Oh. Good for you." Winking at me as well making me smile and nod in agreement. We were making the boys' outfits for their comeback, which is days from now.

As soon as the boys landed in Korea last Sunday, the team and the board had a meeting about the comeback. Their concept this time is deeper and has a lot of solemn vibes. Spending 3 nights working on their costumes alone, imagine what it must feel like for the boys.

The month October passed by in a blur, and Now the whole team is preparing for their next album. But despite our late nights working inside the office, our efforts seemed incomparable to the work the boys are putting into the next phase of their career. The series of overseas events, fan meetings, and the shootings seemed to never end. I, personally, felt sorry for them. All these load being thrown at them all at the same time, it seems like they could really use a break. At this point, 12 hours of rest seemed like gold and a luxury to these boys. And as their staff, we were also doing our best to make it easy for them in any way possible.

As for Daniel oppa and I, we rarely got to see each other. For three weeks, they kept on traveling overseas. Other than that, when he came back to Korea, he was just nowhere to be seen. I, on the other hand, was stuck here. I'm an intern and our boss knows that this is a part-time job, so we can't go with them overseas. The other permanent staffs were assigned to go with them instead. I never really thought about it much, but being in the entertainment business requires hardcore commitment. It made me start to wonder if I can still keep this up for the rest of my year. The physical demand is just becoming overwhelming for me that I'm starting to have second thoughts if I should continue. I am a student preparing to become a healthcare professional, and right now school is my top priority.

The music from the other room turned off then in a moment, the boys started entering our room. One by one, they went in to grab snacks and drinks in the refrigerator. I watched as they all dropped themselves on the couch. "How was practice?" I asked when Guanlin sat beside me because everywhere was full. He placed his arms on the table looking at me lifelessly. "I'm so tired I want to die." He said in a monotonous tone. "You can't, you have work tomorrow." I patted his shoulder then went back to sewing on the zipper design on the costume. "I just want to sleep for 24 hours." He said, burying his face in his arms. I ruffled his hair instead. "Eun Noona, aren't you going home?" Daehwi asked when he also sat at our work area, looking at the costumes we were making. "We'll finish these first," I said, smiling at him. He nodded then went back to grab food in the snack area.

Then out of nowhere, I could feel someone's weight on top of my head. "Woah, it's pretty." He said. I could make out his voice, which belongs to none other than Ong Seongwoo. "Oppa, don't touch my hair," I said, tapping on his arm that was on top of my head. He ruffled it hard instead then combed it back properly while laughing. After I placed down the cloth and needle securely on the table, I turned around and slapped his hip. He winced in pain and laughed. "Go home, please," I said pushing him while he laughed, amused with me attacking him. "Ok ok. Work hard then." He said, raising his closed fist and whispering 'Fighting'. "He's so much like my older brother," I said to myself, shaking my head in disbelief. "Oh, you have an older brother? I thought you live alone." Minah sunbae said.

"Yes. But he's working abroad. As well as my older sister, and my parents." I said. "They don't like it here?" She asked. "They do. I guess we all just want to travel and be in other places." I said. She smiled and nodded. Another staff came in and gave her a folder, then she turned to me. "Eun, you can leave now. We're done for today." "Oh ok. I'll just clean up and go." I replied. "I'll go ahead then. I have to settle this. Thanks, Eun." She said. After scanning through the folder, she stood up and left.

I scanned the table which had a lot of little accessories and fabrics as well as tools. Then beside me was Guanlin, who fell asleep. Making me wonder about the boys, aside from Guanlin. Daehwi, Jinyoung and Minhyun oppa were all laying on the sofa, occupying the whole space. Sungwoon oppa was also on the single leather chair, going through his phone while almost laying on the chair. The others were nowhere to be found.

Standing up, I quietly went to the other room and saw the boys on the floor. "You all know that you can go home right?" I said to them, leaning on the door's frame. They all looked at me. "Just a little longer." Jaehwan oppa said. "Ok then," I said turning to Woojin and Jihoon still dancing and practicing the choreo. I watched intently at their back profiles, also learning the steps in my head. Woojin must've seen me because he turned around and waved a hand. I waved my hand back, catching Jihoon's attention. He waved at me to go to where they were standing and I obliged.

"Why?" I asked, looking at him then at Woojin. "We'll teach you the dance," Jihoon said, holding my arm and putting me in between them and a step back. I didn't mind because I actually wanted to learn it.  They taught me the chorus part of their song 'Beautiful'. I was too immersed in learning the steps I didn't realize that we spent another 20 minutes just dancing.

"Kids, what are you doing? Eun has school tomorrow." Jisung oppa said from behind us. "No, I don't. I'm free for the next three days." I said, quickly crossing my hands. "Oh. We don't too."  Jihoon said. "Yeah, I know."  I laughed. "But you can't go out so I guess you're stuck at home," I said, teasing him by sticking my tongue out slightly.

"Noona, are you teasing us?" Jihoon said, pushing his chest out and walking towards me. "Aye. She's a noona." Woojin said, pulling the lad's arm back. "So what if I am? Am I too weak for you two?" I said, walking my way towards Woojin. Then he walked forward making me hold back my laughter. I tried to put on a serious look but their toughness just made them look cuter I couldn't hold back my grin. "Oh. What's this? She's laughing." Jihoon said, looking at me then at Woojin. "Grab her," Woojin said. My eyes caught theirs then I quickly made a dash out of their sight. I ran around the room with them running from behind me. Woojin turned the other way and tried to catch me from the front but I quickly dodged his grab and ran around the room. "Woojin, grab her!" Jihoon said, slowing down from the other corner.

All three of us stood at each corner of the room, while I laughed because of Woojin's determination to catch me. Jihoon on the other hand sat and raised his hands. "Whatever. I'm tired." He said. In that instant, I looked at Woojin then pointed at Jihoon, it took him a second to figure out what I was saying before we both charged at Jihoon. He tried to make an escape but we quickly caught him and pushed him down. Woojin held him down while I poked his sides making him laugh out crazy. "Stop! I'm dying!" He shouted in the midst of his loud laughter. I looked at Woojin and gestured to let go and we both did. Playing like this with the guys, I missed it. I know they're stressed and tired but I silently hope I brightened up their night somehow. After resting for 10 minutes, I stood up once again.

"I should really go. You guys take care." I said, waving my hands at them. "Bye noona. See you in three days." They said, also waving their hands at me. I turned to the other guys who now sat around in a circle. "See you in three days~," I said, bowing my head and waving my hands goodbye. "See you~" They replied in chorus making me smile on my way out and back to the other room.

As soon as I entered, I was pulled to one of the changing cubicles. I looked up in panic only to sigh out in relief when it was only Daniel oppa. "A month of almost not seeing each other at all and you greet me with a sigh." He said, crossing his arms and looking down at me. I scrunch my nose in distaste of his sassy remark and also crossed my arms. "If someone, all of a sudden, pulled you in a cramped room would you be jumping in joy?" I asked. He kept silent before uncrossing his arms and keeping his hands in his pants pockets replying, "Good point." I nodded in agreement, also uncrossing my arms.

"Can I say something?" I said, raising my hand. He nodded making me continue. "Can we talk somewhere else? We don't fit in here." I said. "Who said anything about talking?" He said, taking a step closer. I raised a brow, keeping silent because I had to make sure if he was joking or not. He was also too damn tall for me, so I was really raising my head just to look at him in the eye. When he didn't budge, I looked away. Shy to even look at him because all sorts of things came rushing in my brain. Let's just wrap it as it's not fluffy, nope.

"Eun-ah." He called. I blinked and refused to look at him. "What?" I asked. "Are you scared of me?" He asked. I looked at him and was caught by surprise when his face was so close with mine. I shook my head no, I was too shocked to even speak. "You've been avoiding me. I noticed." He said, backing away and leaning on the closed door. I stared at him acting like I don't know what he was talking about but like him, I am very obvious with my feelings. I sighed and clasped my hands behind me. I stood in front of him like a little girl, confessing what she did wrong.

"I don't know what I should do when I'm around you. Lately, I'm more comfortable with just talking through the phone..." I said. "But why are you avoiding me? I thought we talked about giving this a try." He said, more quietly and seriously this time. I stood there in silence. I couldn't think of an excuse why I kept on pushing him away except for one.

It is true, that for the past few weeks, we haven't really seen each other. We spoke through the phone. We would message each other. But not as often as before. With their upcoming comeback and packed schedule, I doubt that he'll even have the time to think about being in a relationship.

"Sorry." was all that I could think of saying, as of the moment anyway. There was dead air between us before he sighed and pulled my arm towards him. Engulfing me in a hug, with his arm wrapped around my shoulders and his hand brushing my hair. I hid my blushing face and held on to his waist. "Seriously...What should I do with you?" He said, letting out a sigh. Feeling sorry for not showing much effort, I wrapped my arms around his waist, my face totally buried in his chest. I smiled a little when I heard his fast heartbeat because it was the same for me. "You smell nice," I whispered, but enough for him to hear. "What are you saying?" He laughed. "Oh. You smiled." I said while looking up at him. He smiled once more and patted my head.

"Oppa?" I called, hiding my face once again. "Hm?" he hummed. "I never really told you how I felt when you told me you like me," I said. "What's this? All of a sudden?" He said, pulling away to look me in the eye. I looked away instead, in fear that I might not say what I want to because of embarrassment. "I just thought... I never really told you anything about how I feel, but I'm acting this way and doing all these things with you. I just realized how I might seem like I'm not as serious as you are..." I said after much realization.

All this avoiding him, my reason behind it...it's because I like him too much already. I'm afraid that he won't feel the same way so I tried to stop seeing him. Because looking at him...it makes me fall for him more. All sides of him is worth falling for..and that makes me scared. Because he might not feel the same way.

"Eun-ah." He said, pinching my chin lightly and lifting it up to face him. "You're actions speak lou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter