Chapter 19

The Story of the Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I sneaked a glance at the person beside me and the other person who sat in front of us. Very slowly, I looked at our surroundings that seemed to become smaller than I remembered. Turning to my friends who stood behind the counter I silently made desperate signals, asking for help to break this deadly silence. 

"Eun-ah." I whipped my head up and looked at the person who called me. "Why do you keep looking around?" Daniel oppa asked. I blinked, not really knowing what to answer. He flashed me a soft smile, making me frown instead. How can he smile like that when we've been caught?

 

Before all this awkwardness started, Wonwoo, Daniel and I decided that we should talk somewhere private. We felt the need to explain this situation, after all, Wonwoo isn't some stranger nor a friend of ours. So I led them to the café where I always went to. The place where the three of us once faced each other for the very first time. Except that back then, the air was less...suffocating.

 

"If I'm going, to be honest with you, never in my wildest imagination did this ever pass my mind," Wonwoo said. I frowned. Was that suppose to mean something? "Why not? Eun's a real catch. You should know well." Daniel oppa replied, making me widen my eyes at him. Is he picking a fight or something? He should be helping me deny this. Then again, Wonwoo oppa saw and heard everything. What's the use of denying it now?

"I do actually,"  Wonwoo smirked. This is becoming more annoying and nerve wrecking by the minute. I hate situations like this. Ugh. I held the bridge of my nose, closing my eyes and sighing out loud. I opened them again and looked at them both. They flinched when they got a taste of my stare. 

 

"Ok. Should we try this again?" I said. What's the point in hiding and denying right? If Wonwoo decides to tell on us, who would believe him? If my name or face gets out without my consent, I'll just sue. Ah. Whatever. "Sunbae, this is Kang Daniel, my boyfriend. Oppa, this is Jeon Wonwoo, my senior." I said, introducing them to each other. 

"I'm also an Oppa," Wonwoo said, correcting the way we agreed on how I should be calling him. "Ah. Right. Wonwoo oppa." I said, earning a glare from Daniel oppa. "I'm also the other guy who likes Eun," Wonwoo said, smiling. My mouth gaped at him. He did not just say that. Is he picking a fight too? These children seriously. 

Daniel oppa only smiled back at him then quickly took it back. "I heard. I also heard about you going on a punching spree for Eun."  He said.  I looked back at Daniel oppa. I tried to read what was on his mind, what he's currently thinking about, and why on earth is he bringing this up. 

"I did. It's ok though. Eun took care of me really well so my bruises healed fast." He said making me cover my face in frustration. Just what the hell are they trying to brag about?

 

Standing up from my seat, I stared them both down. They shifted their gazes elsewhere when they saw how I was turning annoyed and frustrated with this twisted situation. "Wait here. I'm getting us drinks. I'm going to order something cold. In case you two decide to start splashing drinks on each other."  I gritted my teeth at them before walking myself to the counter where my two friends watched quietly. 

 

"What's with this weird sight happening inside the café? The atmosphere is no joke. I'm getting scared." Jisoo oppa said, still looking at the two men sitting in front of each other. "I don't know. I don't even have the slightest idea why we're sitting together like this. We should be talking about things like how to keep it a secret or there should be a lot of denying happening right now but ugh. Nothing is happening." I complained profusely. 

"Why don't you bring up the talk? I mean before they start cursing at each other." Jieun eonnie said, handing me 3 lemonades. "Maybe I will." I sighed, taking the tray from her before going back to our table. 

 

Once I settled our drinks, I clasped my hands and fingers catching their attention. "We need to sort this out," I said. "I agree. It's true that I'm dating Eun so please keep it a secret for us." Daniel oppa suddenly blurted, bowing his head politely while placing his hands on his lap and sitting properly. My eyes widened. What is this?

"I realized that much. And I won't tell if that's what you're worried about." Wonwoo oppa said, also making me widen my eyes at him. Did they sort this out on their own while I was gone? 

 

"You'll keep it a secret?" I asked him. He turned back to meet my eyes, then he flashed a reassuring smile. "I would never put you to harm Eun."  He said. I blinked his way. That's....pretty cool of him. "She won't be. She has me." Daniel oppa retorted back, taking my clasped hand and intertwining his fingers with mine. This possessive man, he's also quite cool like this.

I caught how sternly Daniel oppa was holding my hand and how he stared at my senior like he could have bore a hole through his head minutes ago. Wonwoo was the same, he tensed up when he stared at me and Daniel oppa's hands, then he looked away. 

 

"So...that's settled then?" I asked quietly.  "Pretty much. I mean, isn't that why we're here? To convince me to keep my mouth shut." Wonwoo said. "Well...yes." Jeez... "It's all good then. He agreed to keep this a secret." Daniel oppa smiled at me. Just like that? Really? "We should go, it's getting late." He added, standing up. "W-wait. We're done talking?" I looked up at him, asking in confusion. 

"What's there to talk about?" Wonwoo asked, also standing up. "H-hold on. You're not going to ask anything?" I looked at him. He shook his head no and gave me a small smile. "We agreed not to talk about your boyfriend when we're together, remember?" He said. I rolled my eyes. "Does that matter now? He's literally standing right here."  I said, pointing my hand at Daniel oppa who stood tall beside me. 

They scanned each other once before they both looked away again. "I get why you like each other. That's the truth. I don't need to hear it straight from you or him."  He said. I shut my lips tight. "In case you forgot. I still have strong feelings for you. So this is hurting me by the second."  He said. I felt Daniel oppa's grip on my hand tighten and he was about to step forward but I stood up and held him back. 

I walked in front of him, standing calmly with Daniel oppa behind me. Suddenly, all the annoying stress vanished like thin air and all that was left was my guilt. I looked him straight in the eye and said, "I'm sorry. For all this. Now you know why I can't talk about him. I was just trying to protect him." He stared back at me, showing no attempt to fight back or say something. Instead, he nodded his head. 

"I understand. I'm sorry for pushing you to tell me. It must've been difficult for you hiding all this."  He said, his words more gentle and his tone softer than when he spoke with the man behind me. "Thank you." Was all I could make. "I'll see you on Monday." He said before bowing his head at Daniel oppa and my friends then leaving. 

 

Sighing out loud, I turned to my friends. They showed me a thumbs-up for doing a good job handling the situation. I smiled at them, feeling relieved at ease that they're here with me. They even opened the café this late at night for us to talk. I will forever be grateful for having them. 

 

Then I turned up at Daniel oppa, who is also now looking down at me. We both sighed out loud. Hugging each other in silence. "For a second there I thought you were going to break his spine." I chuckled. "I was supposed to break only his face but if that's what you want I'll do it." He said, earning a punch from me. "You should have gone with your mom to her friend's house," I said, suddenly feeling more guilty that I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter