Chapter 14.2

The Story of the Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ok. First, of, I'm sorry for not updating. I got busy with school and I had to prioritize that so....here.

And second, HEADS UP TO THE CHILDREN OUT THERE. You're gonna want to read this alone.

LASTLY, you might want to read the previous chapter for a recap.

That's it. And thank you for waiting and not leaving me. *finger hearts*

Enjoy.

- Author-nim

 

"So, what exactly do you do on anniversaries? I mean, yeah. There's gifts, and a special date and what else happens?" I asked, turning to him. He tilted his head to the side and pinched my cheek, grinning. "That's pretty much it." He said. I nod my head in reply. "What do we do then?" I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders and took my hand, rubbing his thumb with mine. "You want to go out?" He asked, making me shake my head vigorously no. "Thought so." He nodded. "Let's play a game."  I said. "Okay?" He agreed, raising a conscious and suspicious look at me.


"I say two things about myself, then you guess which is the lie. Ok?" I said. He nodded almost immediately, sitting up properly so that he was comfortably looking at  me.

"Ok. I go first....1, I was always a dork. 2, I was always an introvert." I said. He looked at me, and smirked. "2. You weren't always an introvert." He answered. "Correct." I said. It was pretty obvious. "Why is that?" He asked instead. Oh... I looked at the ceiling, thinking of the proper words to sum it all up. I thought about this a lot already when I first came to Korea. All that new people, new culture kind of thing. I was bound to open up to someone right?

"When I was 10, my dad got fired from his job. He's the only one working and providing for our family and at that time, we didn't have any money saved. So we basically went broke. Everything was going downhill that time. And with all the things happening at home, it affected me as well when I was outside the house." I said, shrugging my shoulders. It was something I could casually talk about because it happened a long time ago already.

"Affected you how?" He asked again. I looked at my lap this time. Hmm. "Well. I hung out less with my friends. I didn't talk to anyone unless I needed to. I became way less affectionate with my parents. My siblings were studying here that time so I didn't really talk to them that much. All I had was my computer and school." I said. I watched as he nodded, letting whatever I just said sink in for him to understand. "I just, shut everyone out. No one seemed to care or notice either." I laughed bitterly.

I glanced at him for the slightest second. To see if he caught on the hint of bitterness I let out, but it seemed like he didn't catch that. Mentally letting out a sigh of relief, I turned to him again when he caught my attention.  "How'd you become friends with Dahyun and Hansol then?" He asked. I smiled, thinking about the time how it happened. It's actually quite an odd story...but I'll keep that for later.

"Wait a minute. We're in the middle of a game." I said, looking up at him and giving him a skeptical look. Sneaky boy. He's trying to let me talk about my story. "Later then, hm?" He smiled making me nod yes.


"Ok. You guessed mine right. Your turn." I said, tapping his hands. He gave it quite some thought before he gave the items to be guessed. "1, I'm gay for Seongwoo hyung. 2, I'm a ." I choked on my own saliva then I burst out coughing at what he said. He laughed out loud instead, patting my back. "Oh my God." I coughed. "There is no day that you will never surprise me."  I said, hitting his knee when I regained my composure.

"So, what's your pick?" he asked, smiling at me when I shook my head at him. This man, sometimes he's so crazy to blurt something like that so casually. But then again, I'm the same. I must be rubbing my personality on him because he wasn't like this before. He was more shy than me. And now.... "I think you're forgetting that I just turned legal."  I said to him. "Oh please. You're 21 today. It's January 1st, remember?" he said. I can't make out if he's embarrassed by what he said earlier or sarcastically blunt with what he said now.

Shrugging that off and recalling the choices, I thought for a while which among the two is the lie. It was pretty obvious, for me anyway. "2. You're not a ."  I said, 'firing' a 'gun' at him. He gasped at me. "Choi Eun. How could you think that? I most certainly have not done that yet with anyone, ever." he fake-scoffed at me. I smiled at him, looking at him weirdly with his shy self behind all that amusing acting he's pulling off.

"How come you haven't done that when most of your ex-girlfriends are older than you? I mean, clearly some of them must've made a move on you, or looked at you with lustful eyes or something." I said. Just talking about this and thinking about it is making me sick. I can't believe we're going to have this conversation.

"What are you saying?" he laughed, leaning back on the sofa while clutching his stomach. I puckered my lips and  watched as he kept on laughing. I could already feel my cheeks heat up. Why did I say that out loud? When he sat up, he pinched both of my cheeks while grinning. "Why are you like this? You're so weird and cute, Gosh. You're going to give me a heart attack."  He said, clenching his shirt across his chest area.

"Why did you ask that then? you're going to make me puke. Can we not talk about that?" I said, feeling goosebumps at the thought of older ladies making a move on him. Gosh, it feels so weird.

"Yah. Just to be clear. I don't date women 10 years older than me. That would be a sugar mommy." He laughed. I finally chuckled, feeling the disgust slowly fade away. "Ok. Whatever. Let's just not please talk about this." I said, shivering one last time.


"You know what? Let's change the game instead." I said, tapping my cheeks lightly when he instead grabbed them and held my hands, our palms touching. "Let's play Truth or dare, call?" He asked, bouncing our hands on the pillow placed on top of his lap. I shrugged my shoulders and nodded. "You ask first." I said to him. "Ok." He clapped his hands once and threw the question.

"Truth or Dare?" "Truth." I answered. He smiled at me, making me feel slightly nervous. "Out of all the contestants of produce 101, why me?" He asked. I blinked at him. Oh, I did not expect him to ask that.

"I...Well. You're very positive, that's one." I peeked at him ever so slightly to check how he reacted. The ends of his lips curled upwards but still remained quiet, listening to what I have to say. "Uhh...You're dancing is amazing. You show so much passion with what you do. You don't limit yourself to just excelling in dancing but you challenge yourself constantly. And you're very humble." I said, chuckling. Memories of me fangirling over him and crying when he won suddenly flashed through my mind. my heart suddenly felt all warm and fuzzy that I felt the slightest urge to tear up because of the journey I watched him take, to become who he is today.

At times, he seems too proud and too confident. But in reality, I feel like it's his way of boosting his self-esteem, as well as telling himself that he did that and he should be proud of it. I'd think that way because that's also what I do, when I want to feel proud of myself. But, I can never get myself to believe in those compliments that I say to myself. Kind of like...white lies.

I turned to look at him, finally having the courage to face him after showering him with compliments and good points that I see in him..... Well, isn't he the cutest. He was hiding his face behind his hands. His body was curled up and leaning on the sofa it made him look small. A grin broke on my face as I continued to look at him squirming.

"Oppa. Are we going to continue?" I asked, laughing as I tried to pry his hands away. He batted his eyelashes at me, smiling widely and nodding. "Ok. I'll ask then." I laughed. "Truth or dare?" I asked. "Wait. Wait. Let me just-" His words were cut short when he giggled one last time before looking at me with a composed look.

"Ok. I'm calm. I choose dare." He said. I pouted at him. No fair. I pushed aside the question I prepared to ask him and instead thought of a dare for him to do. I wonder if..."Reenact the scene Seongwoo oppa did in the 3-minute boyfriend video."  I said to him, holding back my laughter. He gaped at me making me smile and raise a challenging brow at him.

"I don't know how it goes." He said, stubbornly crossing his arms. I tilted my head at him. "We just watched that this morning. You know how it goes." I said, busting him of his lie. He scoffed at me then stood up. I giggled excitedly, walking near the glass door and the wall in between them. He followed me, also stopping when I did.

"Ah. Why this..." He groaned, making me smile more. "Go on. Say the line." I said, urging him. I imagined this multiple of times in my head, but never did I think that one day it'll come true. I even thought that Seongwoo oppa would do it just cause I know Daniel oppa will just cringe. And here we are. Dreams do come true kids.


"I-I'm sorry I did that. I just wanted to make you laugh." He said the line, also caressing my shoulder and looking at me with loving eyes. I slapped my hand against my mouth and tried to block my laughter and cringe. "Oh God." I said, trying hard not to burst into laughter.

"Ok! That's done. Let's go." He said cringing at what he said while pulling me back to the sofa. I pulled him back instead, making him stop and turn to me. "Pick truth then." I said, challenging him. He stared at me, making me stare back at him. "I don't like you right now." He said making me laugh instead. "Why'd you pick dare in the first place?" I said, raising my brow at him with a smirk.

"Why Seongwoo hyung? I'd rather do Jihoon's scene." He said, pulling my arm and swinging it side to side. "Are you acting cute?" I asked him, holding back my smile. "But I'm not acting~ Daniel is just upset~" He said, his pitch higher and his words coming out like child's words. He's doing aegyo. Oh God. I stared at his pouting lips and puppy eyes, that made me want to kick and squish him at the same time. This I can say, I am most definitely more weak for a soft and fluffy Kang Daniel.

"Ok ok." I said, breaking out a grin and going weak because of his oozing cuteness. "That's not the dare but, fine, you win." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and giving him a long smooch on the cheek. He laughed and fist-bumped the air. "Oh yeah~" He cheered, before bringing us back to the sofa.


"My turn. Truth or Dare?" He asked, raising a brow at me with a devious smile growing. Why is he smiling like that? Hmmm. "I'llI'l go for Dare." I said, taking on his challenging look. I felt a little nervous but excited as well. He laughed and clapped, rubbing his palms before telling me his most anticipated dare.

"Close your eyes. Don't open them until I say so." He said. Huh? "What?" I asked. What is he playing at? "Just do it." He said, giving me a reassuring smile. I looked at him weirdly, but nevertheless, listened and obeyed to the dare. I shut my eyes, clearly showing to him that they were shut. "Stay here." He said. Like I can leave oppa. Seriously.

I felt the couch rise from his side. I focused my attention  to the sound of my surroundings instead. Trying to listen and guess whatever he's up to. I didn't hear anything for a while, and when I finally did. I heard crampling noise and his footsteps. He's not gonna throw paper balls at me, right? The couch dipped again, probably him sitting back and settling on his seat. "Okay. Open." He softly said.

I opened my eyes slowly, peeking at him and adjusting to the light as well. When my eyes were fully open, a smile broke from both of us. Starting to feel warm and fluttering inside, I looked at the bouquet in his hands then back at him to meet his eyes.

"Happy second-month anniversary." He smiled, reaching the flowers out to me. I looked at them again, admiring the soft colors of the petal and the minimalistic arrangement of the flowers. When did he find the time to prepare this? I suddenly feel bad for looking like I'm not giving thought in our relationship.

He must've noticed my guilty look because he reached out his hand and cupped the side of my face. I closed my eyes, resting my cheek on his palm feeling how warm and soft his hand is. For a man, he has rather feminine hands.

It's times like this, that I become very grateful to the universe. All this time, it felt like I haven't been living for 20 years. What I went through when I was young, brought me so much loneliness and sadness it made me forget all the happiness I felt as a kid. All the joyful memories. All the laughter I had in me. Gone.

But thanks to him, I finally found a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter