Chapter 14

The Story of the Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 1, 2018

I woke up at the sound of my alarm, ringing loudly from somewhere. I stretched out my hand to the side, only to feel a person's body. Opening one eye, I peeked at the direction of the person and saw Daniel oppa, shirtless. Then my eyes landed on my bare arms. 

I quickly sat up and saw that I was wearing only my bra. Quickly looking underneath the covers, I saw that my pants were still on me. I sighed out loud in relief. He stirred in his sleep, turning to face up because he was on his stomach earlier. I pulled up the covers to cover my chest when he started opening his eyes. He looked at me then at the source of the noise. Reaching for it and taking it in his hand, he turned it off then sat up. 

"Morning." He grunted softly. I blinked at him. Was he aware that we were both shirtless underneath the covers? He looked down at himself, then crossed his arms, covering his chest. "Don't look." He said, still sleepy. I chuckled, raising a brow at him. "Shouldn't I be the one saying that?" I asked, my voice also a little hoarse. My eyes widened at the sound of my voice. 

"You lost your voice." He chuckled, still half awake. "What happened yesterday?" I asked. He looked at me with slit eyes, still unable to look at me properly. "You sang a lot last night." He said. I tried to recall when and where but couldn't remember. My head hurts too. The more I try to remember, the more painful it gets. 

He must've noticed because he reached out and gently caressed the sides of my head. "Don't think so hard about it. I'll tell you what happened, later." He said, smiling at me. I looked at him instead... I felt my worry and guilt starting to eat me up, wondering if I caused any ruckus last night. I must've drunk a lot to not remember what happened last night. And how I woke up topless beside him. Despite all the questions arising, I chose to ask about everything later. 

With that in thought, I looked at him just when he also looked at me, tilting his head to the side. "Why?" He asked. "I have to get up," I said. He urged me to, lifting his hand and pointing to the open space behind me. "I need you to close your eyes," I said, blinking at him.  He also blinked at me for a moment then mouthed the expression 'Ah' when he nodded and covered his eyes, obediently doing what I asked. I quickly got up and hurriedly grabbed some clothes from my closet while looking at him from time to time. I smiled to myself, seeing how he just sat there, covering his eyes and not saying a word. Usually, he'd be laughing at a time like this but I'm guessing he must still be sleepy and is probably half asleep right now. 

"Don't open your eyes until I tell you," I said to him before dashing to my bathroom. I quickly put on my hoodie then changed my jeans to sweatpants. I looked at myself in the mirror and made sure I looked okay before I went back to the room. He still had his eyes covered, the state he was in when I left to change. I laughed. He's surprisingly very obedient, it's so cute. 

I sat in front of him and pulled down his hands. He peeked at me slowly then fully opened his eyes when he saw that I was dressed properly. I handed him his shirt that I saw laying on my bathroom counter. He took it from me and wore it, smiling brightly afterward. 

"What time is it?" I asked. "It's 8 something." He answered. "You want to eat something?" I asked him. He shook his head no and instead pulled me in his arms, resting his chin on my shoulder. "Let's just stay in bed today. I still feel tired from last night." He said. I blushed at his words, and his husky voice didn't help either. 

"Y-yah. That sounds wrong." I said in a quiet voice. He laughed, pulling me down to lay on top of him. Isn't he uncomfortable? I pushed myself up and off of him so that my whole weight wasn't on top of him. "L-let go," I said, our faces inches away. He smiled at me then pulled me down by the neck, kissing me lightly before he placed me to lay on the side. 

"O-oppa." I froze a little. Why am I stuttering so much? "Mm?" He hummed, burying his face on the side of my neck. "What happened last night?" I asked, unable to let the curiosity about the events last night sleep in me even for 5 minutes. He sighed but still refused to let go of me. "You drank so much yesterday, I had to bring you home. Then you threw up, staining your shirt. I tried to clean you up in the bathroom but you splashed me with water so you got my shirt wet as well. Then I put you to bed." he said. Wow, Choi Eun. You really went all out this time. Blinking at the wall, I tried to absorb and process everything that he said. 

"Wait, so..you..took off...my shirt?" I asked. He chuckled. "Who else?" He asked. "That's not what I mean," I said. He let out an embarrassed laugh instead, making me slap his arm for not answering. "Kang Daniel-ssi." I said. He snuggled closer instead, sighing out when he said, "The lights were off. I swear." I blinked again. "Oh," I muttered. He chuckled again, brushing my hair at the same time pushing my head lightly to lay on the pillow. I tried to figure out...

"You could have gone in my closet and took a shirt for me or something." I said, pointing out that my closet was close to my bathroom. He looked at me, meeting my eyes, blushing slightly and surprisingly quiet. "I didn't think of that." He said. I laughed out loud, deciding to let the matter drop and leave it at that. Laying my head back down on the pillow, I thought more and started to remember a few events from last night. 

"Where are the boys?" I asked. "At home." He said. "Why?" I asked. "I picked you up alone." He said. I pushed him away slightly to look at him. He looked up at me and stared. I could feel my cheeks blush a little but shrugged the feeling away because I wanted to get some answers. "Picked me up from where?" I asked. "From the club." He said. Then he glared slightly. "I didn't know you had a lot of male friends." He said. I blinked. Male friends? Wasn't it wanna one? Just exactly what happened last night?

"Sleep more. You kept me up till 5 AM." He said, pulling me back down. I relaxed when he snuggled his face closer to my neck, his arms wrapping tighter around my waist. I guess I'll just keep on asking later then. The embarrassment and guilt slowly washed over me when I heard how tired his voice is. I his hair, resting my cheek on his temple. 

"Sorry for bothering you," I said. He chuckled. "It's ok. I was happy when you called me to pick you up. It finally felt like we were really dating." He said. "It didn't before?" I asked. "It did. But last night, you finally treated me like an ordinary boyfriend and not a celebrity kind of boyfriend. I like that." He said. 

"Did I do that?" I asked, unaware that I treated him that way. "Yeah. But I don't mind. I know you just kept on looking out for me. Especially cause I'm so famous." He said. I laughed. This is new. A rare cocky Kang Daniel. "Ok then. You can go back to sleep now Mr. Nation's Treasure." I said. He laughed and didn't say anything more. He just pulled me closer, if it was even possible, and went back to sleep. 

 

I sneaked back inside the room after cooking brunch for the two of us. I slept for an hour more then stood up completely to cook. He took care of me last night so I thought I'd prepare something, more like a feast, since I knew how much he loves to eat. 

I walked to his side and sat on the space beside him. I slowly reached out for his cheek and pinched it. He turned my way, awake in an instant. "What was that? Choi Eun." He said, shocked when I pinched him. I gave him a silly smile and grabbed his neck pulling him to me and kissing the cheek I pinched. "There's food downstairs. Wake up already." I said when I pulled away. He sighed and shook his head at me. "You're so violent." He said, laughing slightly. "That I am," I said, smiling and pulling him up from the bed. I wrapped his arms around my neck and dragged him out. 


"Woah. That's a lot of food." He said when he looked at the table. "You eat a lot," I said, shrugging my shoulders. He chuckled and nodded. We sat in front of each other and started digging in. He was smiling throughout the meal it made me feel glad that the food I prepared was edible and to his liking. 

"Babe. Do you want to live in our dorm?" He asked. I coughed out loud, choking from what he said. He started laughing out loud as well quickly handing me a glass of water. I took it from him and drank it. I looked at him who was still laughing and smiling crazily at me. "It's because you can cook a lot in a short period of time. The guys take forever when they cook." He laughed, still not recovering from what happened to me. 

"three people cook at once, how can that take forever?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders, also not knowing why. "They're just, slow." He said. I shook my head, drinking the rest of the water. "Oppa, next time you ask me something like that, let me swallow the food first," I said, thinking about what happened and laughing because, well, it was funny. He laughed and nodded. 

"So. Are you going to tell me about last night?" I asked. He chewed his food for a while then swallowed it before answering me. "Mm. You called me around 12. We just got back at the dorm that time." He said. "Ah. Right. You went to an event last night." I said, referring to MBC's Gayo Daejun. "Yep. You weren't wild screaming or anything. You just sounded drunk. Then you called to pick you up from there."  He said, pausing to let me absorb the new information. "I..called you? Really?" I asked, not believing I called him first. Usually, when I would start to feel like I'll be giving out because of drinking, Jieun sunbae would be there first. Which reminds me...

"Jieun sunbae wasn't with me?" I asked. "She was. She helped me to get you out of the club." He said. "Oh. Really?" I asked. He nodded, sipping on the juice. "Yes. Really. I went back inside for your bag when Jieun-ssi's boyfriend met me by the stairs to hand me your bag." Bits of pieces started flashing through my mind. I remember getting invited for a new year party by Jisoo-ssi. It finally makes sense why there were a lot of guys. I sighed out in relief. I thought I was with Haesung sunbae- Oh. That's not his name though. I guess it's Wonwoo sunbae now. 

"Those guys aren't my friends then," I said, explaining. "They're Jieun sunbae's boyfriend's friends," I said, smiling at him. Feeling relieved that Wonwoo sunbae wasn't there. 

"You risked yourself out there last night," I said, realizing the situation last night. "I'm really sorry," I said, looking down at my plate. He sighed, reaching out his hand and holding mine. "It's okay. Really. No one recognized me there. Plus, it was dark." He said. I looked at him, smiling a little at his attempt to not make me feel guilty. But still, I felt that way. "Thank you." Was all I could say before we continued eating. 

 

"Let's watch a movie." Daniel oppa said, scanning through my laptop and looking for a movie to watch. I walked to the blinds and pulled them, blocking the light from outside to enter the house. Then I sat beside him and pulled the pillow to my lap. "What do you want to watch?" I asked. "How about you?" He asked back. "Mm. I can watch anything." I said. "Anything. Okay." He said, smiling as he scrolled back up and clicked on an icon. I looked back up at the tv and saw the movie's intro playing on the screen. 

"Oh. Is that step up?" I asked when he leaned back on the couch beside me. "Yep. I haven't watched it yet." He said. My eyes widened and I looked at him. "Really?!" I asked, not believing what he said. He nodded. "Heol." I gasped. "I just heard that it's about dance." He said. "Heol." I gasped again. He chuckled and pulled me back to sit properly and lean on the couch. He slid down slightly then he tilted his head to rest on my shoulder. I felt his hand pass behind my back and to my side, pulling me closer to him. "Is it good?" He asked, referring to the movie. I nodded vigorously, making him laugh. "Ok then. Let's watch it then." He said, facing the tv again. 

We didn't talk much through the movie. I have this habit that I don't talk to anyone while watching. And it seems that he has that habit too. But we both would react here and there, mimicking their moves and reacting accordingly to the intensity of the dance steps showing. We both were so into their moves that we leaned forward a few times while watching intensely at the fast movements and what not. We sat there in silence for a while, leaning on each other, as the credits flashed on the tv. 

"Is there only one of that?" He asked. I shook my head no. "they have 5 movies of that." I said. He clapped excitedly and looked at me. Is he implying that we watch 5 movies straight? We could but..."Ah. Wait. You told me the other day you haven't watc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter