Chapter 6

The Story of the Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11 AM, Sunday

I turned in my sleep and slowly, opening my eyes, I woke up with my head slightly aching. Thank God for that pain reliever. If not, I'd be crying in pain. I stretched in my bed and turned to lay flat on my stomach. Burying my head in my pillow and pulling the sheets on top of my head, I heard my door open and a loud voice shouting. 

"Choi Eun. I've been ringing the doorbell. Why are you still in bed? It's lunchtime already." Jieun sunbae barged into my room with no halt whatsoever. "You're here," I said from under my blanket. Then suddenly my phone started to ring. I looked for my phone under my sheets and grabbed it. I checked the caller with one eye then completely opened them to double-check if I saw right. "Oh!" I said in shock. Jieun sunbae, being the curious nosy person she is, immediately was beside me sitting on my bed. She pulled down the covers while I cleared my throat and swiped the answer call button. 

"Hello?" I groaned. "Eun-ah. Did I wake you?" Daniel oppa said. "Not really. My friend came over before you called." I said sitting up on my bed. Jieun sunbae stuck her ear beside my phone listening on our conversation but I pushed her away. "Oh. Jieun-ssi? The person from last night?" I nodded, then smacked my head because of my realization. He can't see me. Right. "Yep. That's her." I said, rubbing my forehead because I hit it too hard. Suddenly he was laughing on the other end. 

"Yah, did you hit yourself? I heard that." He laughed. I face-palmed myself, embarrassed by my actions. "Uhmm... Yes, I did." I answered. "Why?" He kept on laughing. "I nodded by myself when you asked me a question earlier. I'm half awake okay." I said in defense. His laughter soon died then he replied. "Okay. Next time don't hit yourself. You might get a concussion." He said. I laughed and said okay. "You sound like you woke up earlier than I did," I noted how his voice was awake and bubbly. "I have work. I just took a break cause it's lunchtime." He said. "Ohh. Enjoy your lunch then. I'll see you tomorrow." I said. "Thanks, kiddo. I'll see you tomorrow." Then he cut the line. 

"Wah. Choi Eun. I didn't know you were that close with Kang Daniel." Jieun sunbae said. "He's also human. It's really not shocking." I said. I stood up from my bed and walked to my bathroom, Jieun sunbae following behind. "Eun-ah. He's THE Kang Daniel. For consecutive months, he's been voted the most popular idol. His nickname is God Daniel. Don't you feel anything?" She asked while watching me wash my face and brush my teeth. When I was done, I answered her. "Other than a mixture of butterflies and embarrassment, none. Nothing really." I said wiggling my eyebrows at her and walking out of the bathroom. 


When we reached the kitchen, she still kept on bugging me about Kang Daniel but the moment I told her I was friends with everyone. She shrugged the matter off already. While Jieun sunbae asked what happened last night, I also recalled how I was acting. Jieun sunbae laughed all the while, why? I am so embarrassed to the point that I don't know If I can even face the three boys tomorrow at work. It bothered me the whole day. 

After brunch, we went out and shopping for stuff. I looked more on the skincare and makeup department while she looked around for clothes. We would occasionally ask each other which looked better, this or that, but when dinner came around, she left. And I spent the night alone wandering around the city. Unconsciously, I ended up going to CJ E&M's building, my workplace. I took the time to explore the area. I remember passing by the garden outside every night I went to work. 

Someone suddenly blew on my ear making me flinch and turn around in shock. "Hi." he pulled down his mask and smiled at me, waving his hand as well. I held my chest in shock and sat on the bench. "I shook," I said laughing when I thought of how shocked I was. He laughed and sat beside me. "What are you doing here, it's Sunday." Daniel oppa asked. I leaned back and pulled my legs up on the bench, hugging my knees. "I never really got the chance to hang out here. It's quite peaceful." I said. Pulling up my knees was to bury my face in. I suddenly thought of how he fed me the pill last night and how they took care of me and teased me while I was drunk. When he nodded, I nodded and hurriedly buried my blushing face. The spotlight was two benches away so it only shined faintly upon where we sat. Then he laughed. I felt him lean back and put his arm around where I was leaning. 

"Yah. Are you hiding?" He asked. I nodded silently. He tapped my shoulder making me peek at him. "Anyone can get drunk in front of anyone. It's fine. You're human." He said, tilting his head to meet my eyes straight. I blinked and raised my head, staring at my knees. "I know. But you're not anyone. I'm your fan." I said. "You're also my friend, Eun. I hope you'd loosen up to me a little like you do with the others." He said. I looked at him curiously. "I don't act the same with you?" I asked. Making him smile. He pulled me close to him and made me rest my head on his shoulder. "No. I don't want to feel like an Idol when I'm behind the camera but you make that hard for me." He said. I covered my face and murmured, "Sorry." He ruffled my hair and patted the side of my head. Even if I wanted to move, I couldn't. He was holding me back, literally.

"You don't have to feel sorry. I know you're a fan, but I want you to know that I also want to be a close friend." He explained. It took me a while before I could reply. I really wanted to think about how I would tell him that I also wanted to be his close friend, and so I tried. "I didn't mean to burden you like that. Trust me, I also want to be close with all of you like how I am with Jihoon and Ong oppa, so I'll try my best to act the same around you." All the while, I was looking at the tiny flower growing from a broken tile. It reminded me of myself because all these making friends and socializing skills are all still growing on me. It's not that I don't like socializing. I just don't know how to make people stay a friend, and I to them. "I'm still in the learning process of making friends with people. Please, bear with me."I said looking at him and bowing my head. He lightly ruffled my hair and patted it twice." You know, you're really adorable." He said. I immediately looked away and covered my mout

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter