Chapter 16

The Story of the Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sighing out loud, I flipped through the series of chat boxes on my phone, waiting for a desperate call to let me leave the place.

Nothing.

I know I applied for a double major and now I'm taking up classes for two degrees, but this is just.....wow. 

I joined a study group so my grades for my science degree wouldn't flunk, but this study group is slowly annoying me. It's not even a group, it's like a small library with 6 people. And it's not even helping me. 

Finally, a text came along. Without reading it, I started packing my things. I signaled my friend that I'd be leaving first because I was being 'called'. She nod her head and waved goodbye as I went out of the room and shut the door. 

Getting out from that deafening silent room, I pulled out my phone and got a text. Oh, it's from Daniel oppa... I tapped my foot nervously before opening the text.

Before we spent our own time with his work and my study group, I got a call from him that they would have a meeting. What it's about? He didn't know...until now. 

"Ok ok. Here we go." I said to myself leaning on the wall and reading the text message. The ends of my lips curled upwards and I burst out into a grin. Happy laughter also came out from me but I held it in in case the people inside my study group would hear me. 

"We're having another season of Wanna One Go!" the text message said. 

Running to the parking lot and to my car, I started the engine and immediately clicked on the call button. I smiled when he answered right after the first ring. 

"Hello?" He laughed. "Oppa! That's great news!" I beamed, backing out of the lot and to the road. Just last night we were talking about their wanna one go that they did in Jeju. It was funny, but it seemed a little short. And it was technically just a day. Just last night that we were hoping that mnet would offer another season. 

"I know! It's giving me goosebumps. We were just talking about it yesterday and now it's here. And get this, we're having a travel show too!" He laughed excitedly. I cheered for him with all sincerity and joy. The boys really wanted to go on a trip before they disband. So this is just perfect for them. While we talked a little more about the details and when they would start filming, I was already on the road moving forward to my destination.

It seems like they're having one last comeback before their world tour. *sigh* No matter how much I want them to see on stage and performing, just generally living their lives as artists, I can't help but think about how tired they must be. I guess the company head still has a heart, seeing that he made wanna one go season 3 happen, plus an additional exploring show. 


"So, how's school?" He asked. Oh. We're talking about me now... "Fine. I guess." I said. "The study group isn't helping me at all. I think I'll cancel that." I said, chuckling at the thought of that study group. "I think so too. That group isn't doing you good." He laughed. "Do what you need to do. Just don't study too hard. I don't want you skipping meals or losing sleep." He said. 

"You're one to talk. You do that." I said to him. He jokingly scoffed but nevertheless agreed to me. Parking in an empty spot just a few steps from the street light, I turned off the engine and got off the car, not forgetting to lock the door of course. I walked a little more and turned the familiar corner before finally getting inside.

"Are you even eating? Tell me how many times you ate today and how many hours of sleep you got." I asked as I went up the stairs. "Mm. I ate twice, and I slept for 5 hours." he beamed at me. "You should get some sleep later then. Don't get sick. Please." I pleaded softly. I remember him when he got sick. He couldn't speak or even get up for too long. He looked so weak, unlike how he is most of the time. 

"Yes yes, noona. I'll be healthy. You should too. And don't stay out too late. The world is such a dangerous place." He shivered, making me laugh. Noona? Really? Haha. 

"speaking of, where are you?" He asked. "In front of the conference room," I said. "What conference room?" He asked. At that exact moment, I thanked heavens for my strong instincts. Because when I opened the door, In front of me sat Kang Daniel who was utterly shocked when he whipped his head towards me. 


"Hi," I said, hanging up the call. He beamed and ran to me, engulfing me in his huge arms. "You're here~" He smiled, kissing my forehead. "Yes, I am,"  I replied, closing my eyes as he kissed my forehead. 

"Did you miss me? Is that why you're here?~" He said, looking down at me and puckering his lips while he talked with his cute voice. "I'm here for my sons. Where are they?" I smiled back. His smile faded away and he was looking at me with distaste, totally letting go of the hug. "Your babies are in the other room." He said, his voice low and his eyes narrowed at me. His lips were also in a straight line finishing his unamused face. 

I laughed out loud, grabbing his hoodie and making him bend down on my level. I cupped his cheeks and kissed him long enough for him to smile again. "You're so cute when you're mad." I beamed, pecking him three more times before letting go. I wrapped my arms around his waist once again and placed my chin on his chest, looking up at him. "Tease." He said, pinching my cheek while looking down at me. 


"Ah yes. I thought I heard you through the walls." Ong oppa said when he came inside the room, catching us embraced in each other's arms. "Hi, Oppa," I said, waving at him. "Hi." He smiled, patting my shoulder and walking past us. "I'm just here to get my phone, so please-" I heard him stop midsentence making me look at him. 

"At least wait until I leave the room. No one wants to see you two all mushy with each other." He said. Ahh. He must've seen us kiss while he was talking. Oops. "I do! I think they're so cute." Sungwoon oppa said suddenly entering the room and walking towards us. "Aigoo. Well if it isn't my favorite couple." He cheered, hugging us both. "Hyung, what are you doing?" Daniel oppa said, shifting his eyes at the smaller man at our side. 

"Eun was our stylist too. We miss her from time to time." Sungwoon oppa said, sticking his tongue out at him then turning to smile at me. "Nice hair by the way." He said. "Truly. I was supposed to comment about your new hair, but I saw you two kiss, and it completely slipped my mind. But yes, I definitely approve the new length." Ong oppa said, showing me a thumbs-up and an ok sign, telling me he really liked my hair. 

After their Boomerang era, I packed my things and left the company. The very next day, I went to cut and dye my hair. So now it's above shoulder length, with electric blue ends. Not shocking for Daniel oppa though, I was talking with him the time I was in the salon so he knew what I did with my hair. 

"Why the sudden change though?" Seongwoo oppa asked. "I just want to?" I said, not sure if it was what he wanted to hear. "So that people will look at us as a power couple when we go on dates." Daniel oppa said, leaving his arm around my shoulder and facing the two. "That's some high self-confidence you got there," I said, looking at him while crossing my arms. "Let's be honest, we're really charming." He said, giving me a side smirk. 

"I just wanted to change it. Every year I change my hairstyle. Or on some occasions, I change it whenever I want to." I said, answering Ong oppa's question. We totally ignored Daniel oppa's comment making him pout and shrug it off as well. 

"By the way, we're leaving in 20 minutes."  Sungwoon oppa said before dragging Ong oppa with him, leaving us two again. 


"I think that we look like a power couple." Daniel oppa started. I chuckled and shook my head at him. "Ok King Daniel, whatever you say," I said, facing him and fixing his hood. "You're hair looks way cooler in person." He said, ruffling it then fixing it again. We spent a solid 5 minutes just fixing each other's appearance until our eyes met and we just laughed. What's there to fix, really. We were just passing time being silly. 

"I really wish you were still working here." He sulked, letting out a sigh. "I sometimes wish you weren't so famous like now, but wishes are there for us to fantasize about, right?" I said, smiling to myself. I really did wish that he wasn't as eye catching like before he started ranking number 1. 

Don't get me wrong, I love everything that he's gaining and achieving for himself and for his group. But there are times that I want to be selfish and I want him all to myself. Like a normal couple. But, that can never happen. He just belongs in the spotlight and I don't. 

All of a sudden, he lifted my head to look at him. His brows were knitted and his lips were pressed in a straight line. "Is something bothering you?" He asked in a soft tone. I sighed instead, hiding my face in his chest and just sinking in his tall being. "I miss hanging out with you," I muttered. He silently laughed, guessing by the movement of his shoulders.  

"I miss spending time with you too." He said, leaving a small kiss on the crown of my head. "especially, in bed." he whispered, making me slap his hip. "I meant seeing you first thing wake up."He said, knocking my head. Oh. 

"You'll come to visit me like this every now and then?" He asked in a cutesy voice. I nodded my head silently. "Just tell me when you're here." I said, still savoring the warmth of his chest." I'll visit you too as much as possible." He said, cupping my cheeks and raising my head. He smiled at me making smile back. He laughed then started leaving kisses, on the top of my head, my forehead, my nose, my cheeks, my chin, then finally my lips. 

"I'll take you downstairs. Let's go." He smiled, taking my hand and walking towards the door. We stopped by the practice room for a minute, informing Sungwoon oppa that Daniel oppa will be dropping me off before they go home. All other employees were either at home, or inside the rooms fixing up before leaving, so it was all good.


Walking down the same dark alley I've been taking for the past months, there wasn't a dull moment between us. We were enjoying each other's company so much we almost passed my car that. 

"You drove here?" He asked in shock. I nodded my head, leading him to the side of the car where I leaned back on my door. "but it's late..." He said. "It's ok. I had coffee before I left." I said to him, giving him a smile. Sighing in defeat, he nodded his head, letting me be. 

"Drive safe, Choi Eun." He said, lifting my hand and kissing my knuckles. "Worry about yourself, Kang Daniel-ssi," I said, kissing his cheek. He shook his head laughing at me. I chuckled, pressing on the button of my car keys and unlocking the door. As quick as always,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter