Chapter 1

The Story of the Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Finally done' I thought as I laid back on my chair letting my arms fall back and down from writing too much. Sighing out loud, I turned slightly to look at the wall clock that said 9:48 PM. I closed my eyes for a moment then jumped back up to fix my things for tomorrow's class. "I don't want to go to class." I said sulking while I gathered my pens and placed them in my pouch. I swirled in my chair and walked towards my bed where my phone was blinking. I took it and unlocked it.

"How are you?" the text read. "I'm fine Mom, I just finished doing my school work and am getting ready for bed. How are you and Dad?" I typed back. Shortly after, there was a beep. "We're fine. Just finished eating lunch with your sister. Rest and sleep then. Don't want you to be late tomorrow morning." it said. I sighed and laid down. Bringing up my blankets up to my chest. "Ok. I'll talk to you soon. Goodnight Mom." I let out a breath and placed my phone back on my headboard when another beep went off. Thinking it was probably mom, I let it be and slept immediately. 


5 AM, Wednesday.
I woke up turning around until I finally reached out for my phone to shut the alarm. Opening my eyes groggily, I turned it off and put it back down for a good 5 minutes before I finally sat up. I unlocked my phone and broke out with a silly smile on my face. "Oppa." I smiled, looking down at a picture of Kang Daniel as my wallpaper. I got up still staring at my phone and finally noticed the message that came late last night. Stopping in my tracks, I opened it. After reading what was said there, a grin broke out and I waved my arms up giving myself a little celebratory dance. I twirled around the room and skipped to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready. As I got in my shower, I smiled once again remembering what was said in the text I got.

"Congratulations! You have been selected to be one of the 5 interns for our 1 year-internship in CJE&M. You may start on Friday at 10 AM. We are looking forward to be working with you.

— HR team, CJE&M Entertainment " 

11 AM
I yawned and blinked before pressing the button for my bus stop. I stood up and walked towards the door and got down when it opened. Walking a few more blocks, I entered the cafe where I regularly went to. I smiled as soon as I entered and sat down near the counter where the waitress stood in front of me and smiled back at me.

"I'm guessing you got in?" she asked and I nodded showing her the message. She gave me a high-five and sat down in front of me. "I'm so happy for you Eun! What do you want to eat? It's on me." she wiggled my hands making me laugh. "In that case, I'll have my usual pasta and camomile tea." "Coming right up!" She cheerfully said and stood up to get my order. 

The only person who dared to make friends with me happens to also be my senior who graduated just months ago, Park Jieun. I met her a while back during my college orientation, she first approached me and instantly became my friend. I'm thankful to her in so many ways, introducing wanna one to me was one of them. If it wasn't for her, I would never have made it 2 years into college. That's also why I've been coming here for the past months because we would usually eat and hang out at school, but she graduated. 

"Here you go," she said giving me my meal. "Thanks sunbae." I said flashing her a smile. We both turned to the door when 2 guys walked in with masks and caps on. It isn't unusual though, everyone's been wearing them a lot because the weather was changing. "Go work now. I'll be fine here." I pushed Jieun sunbae out of her chair and to the counter. "Ok ok. Go sit back then. I'll back in a minute." I nodded and turned around, almost bumping into someone. "Oops, sorry." I bowed my head and looked up. My eyes met with the guy wearing a cap and mask on. I was entranced. I only saw his eyes but I blushed. Quickly looking away, I bowed once again and walked back to my seat. That was weird I thought to myself before turning back to the guy who I bumped into when he also turned to look my way. My eyes widened and I awkwardly looked elsewhere. From the corner of my eye, I saw him laugh by the movement of his shoulders. I slowly and awkwardly turned my back on him and felt my burning cheek. I smiled. His eyes are really beautiful. I wondered what he looks like without the cap and mask on. I picked up my fork and ate my pasta. 

The two guys sat 2 tables beside mine. And I could barely, but audibly hear them talk. "You think some of them will freak out when they see us?" "yah, you're making it sound like we're scary or something." "It's not that...what if we don't get along? What do you think will happen?" "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter