Chapter 23

Secretly Loves You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the weekend, Jungkook accompanied Chaeyoung to the shopping mall, she wanted to do her groceries. He had been following her around since they started dating. Even if Chaeyoung only wanted to do her groceries, he still want to follow her. He just felt like it because it made they looked like a married couple.

“I really would like to taste your cooking.” Jungkook said while Chaeyoung was busy picking the vegetables.

He leaned his elbows on the trolley while admiring Chaeyoung from behind.

Chaeyoung lifted her head and turned to look at Jungkook who was grinning at her.

“Are you asking me to cook?”

Jungkook shrugged while still grinning.

Chaeyoung chuckled. “I don’t know how to cook. I only can cook for myself. I’m not ready to let other people taste my cooking.”

Jungkook laughed at her answer. “Hmmm, how about you cook lunch for me? Can you?”

They were staring at each other for a moment before they both burst into laughter.

“Sure. But I won’t take any responsibilities if you cry when you eat my food.”

“Why would I cry?” Jungkook asked.

Chaeyoung groaned. “Because I don’t know how to cook. I’m serious!”

Jungkook smiled. “It’s okay. You just have to cook like you normally do. Whether it is delicious or not, it’s different matter.”

Chaeyoung pouted. “What do you want me to cook then?”

Jungkook playfully rubbed his non-exist moustache. “Anything.” He flashed her his bunny smile.

 

 

“Woah! Why are there so many food in here?” Jennie exclaimed as soon as she entered the kitchen.

There were kimchi stew, roasted chicken wings, stuffed tofu, and rolled eggs. Chaeyoung just smiled while glancing at Jennie.

“Wow Chaeyoung, you cooked a lot.” Shiho said as she entered the kitchen.

“Yah. What’s with the smile? Why did you make a lot of food? Are we having a party later?” Jennie asked.

Shiho just laughed and went to drink a glass of water.

“Where is Nayeon?” Chaeyoung asked.

“She went out.” Jennie said as she went to the sink and washed the dishes.

“Where did she go?” Chaeyoung asked again.

“Duhh. She has a boyfriend. So obviously she went out with her boyfriend.” Jennie shook her head.

“Oh.” Chaeyoung nodded. “Are you going anywhere, Shiho-ah?”

“Yeah. I have something to do.” Shiho said while smiling.

“She might have a date too.” Jennie laughed.

Shiho chuckled. “I’ll get going now.”

“Bye!” Chaeyoung and Jennie said in unison.

Chaeyoung was scooping the rice into a Tupperware when she glanced at Jennie who was wearing her big shirt with a black legging. “You are not going out today?”

“Me? With who? Namjoon?” Jennie scoffed.

“Yeah, who else?”

“He’s working overtime today until afternoon.” Jennie turned off the faucet, went to dry her hands and sat on the kitchen stool while watching Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung just chuckled while continue packing the food.

“Yah. When are you and Jungkook are going to get married?” Jennie asked while raising her brow in a teasing manner.

Chaeyoung pursed her lips. “Another 10 years…”

“Yah! Faster get married already! What are you guys waiting for?” Jennie whined.

“I’m not ready.” Chaeyoung sighed.

“Yah! Park Chaeyoung! What kind of nonsense is this? You are old enough to get married! Even Jisoo is already married. Lisa is already engaged.”

“How about you?” Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes at Jennie.

“M-me?” Jennie stuttered.

Chaeyoung nodded. “Yeah, you. You and Namjoon have been dating since we were in university.”

“Pffftt. How can we get married when all we have been doing is bicker?” Jennie pouted.

“Really?” Chaeyoung raised her brow.

“Y-yeah!” Jennie blinked her eyes innocently.

“Fine. I want to go out for a while.” Chaeyoung said and placed all the Tupperware in a bag.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m going out with Jungkook. I cook extra today because I’m going to have lunch with him. He urged me to cook for him.” Chaeyoung folded her apron and hang it behind the kitchen door.

Jennie’s jaw dropped. “You cook all this for him?”

Chaeyoung nodded while smiling.

Jennie smirked. “How romantic! Then, go now! Eo, it’s fine if you want to spend the night with him. I won’t mind. You both are already adults.”

Chaeyoung pinched her waist. “There are still some food I left for you. Make sure to finish it.”

“Alright then. I might as well eat it with Namjoon when he finish his work. We can save our money.” Jennie grinned.

“Sure.” Chaeyoung chuckled. “I need to get ready now.” Chaeyoung left the kitchen and went to her room.

 

 

They were sitting together at the park. Jungkook already laid a mat for them to sit on. Chaeyoung was setting the food, arranging them neatly while Jungkook admired her with a smile on his face.

“Aren’t you going to help me?” Chaeyoung glanced at him.

“It’s the wife’s job to prepare the food for her husband.” Jungkook said while smirking.

“Huh? Since when I am married to you?” Chaeyoung asked while blushing.

Jungkook chuckled while staring at her face. He pinched her chub

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter