Chapter 19

Secretly Loves You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook laid down on his bed while smiling widely as he recalled back what happened earlier. He still could not believe that he kissed Chaeyoung. He hope Chaeyoung knew about his feelings already.

“Should I confess? But I never confessed before?” Jungkook murmured to himself. He reached for his phone and smiled when he saw his wallpaper was a picture of Chaeyoung that he secretly took when she was eating just now.

“Park Chaeyoung..” He chuckled and put his phone on his bed before going to the bathroom to take a quick shower and go to sleep.

 

 

Chaeyoung was preparing the ingredients to cook for lunch. She was sitting on the chair while peeling the onions. But her mind was occupied with other things. Occupied with what happened on yesterday’s night to be exact.

Haish ! Why did I kiss him back ! You are so stupid, Chaeng ! Chaeyoung slapped her own forehead with her palm. I shouldn’t have done that, what will he think now.

Her thought was interrupt when Jennie took a seat across from her and started to peel the onions too.

“Aren’t you getting closer to Jungkook now?’ Jennie asked while eyeing Chaeyoung with a teasing smile.

Chaeyoung scoffed. “What a nonsense.”

“Really? You went out with him yesterday, right?” Jennie asked with a teasing smile still on her face.

“Yes. I went out with him. He want to treat me, so I just go along. It’s not easy to get free food nowadays.” Chaeyoung shrugged.

“He took you for a dinner? Wow! Where did you go yesterday?” Jennie asked.

“Just a random café.”

Jennie slumped her shoulders. “Why don’t you just ask him to bring you to the 5-stars hotel?”

Chaeyoung threw a few on onions skin onto Jennie’s face while Jennie chuckled. “I don’t mind whether it is a café or hotel or what. As long as it’s food then it’s fine.”

Jennie pursed her lips. “I think he likes you.” Jennie said while winking.

Chaeyoung flinched.

“Well, while we were still studying, he never entertain any girls. He won’t even look at them.” Jennie said.

“How do you know? It’s not like you really know him.” Chaeyoung frowned.

“Duhh. Of course. Namjoon Oppa said the same thing. Most of the bangtan were shocked when they know that you are close with Jungkook.”

“I am close with him? I thought I am only close with Taehyung?” Chaeyoung frowned again.

“Well, you are close with the two of them. But Jungkook is a bit different.” Jennie said while smiling.

“What is the difference? He is still a guy. Stop talking nonsense, Jennie. I am only friend with Jungkook. Only friend, okay?” Chaeyoung said sternly.

Jennie chuckled. “But I am just wondering. Don’t you even have a tiny bit of feelings for Jungkook?” Jennie asked while gesturing the tiny part with her fingers.

Chaeyoung stopped from peeling the onions and looked straight at Jennie while shocking her head. “Ani. No at all. I don’t like him.”

Really, Chae? But you just kissed him back yesterday you moron. Chaeyoung mentally smacked her own head.

 

 

It was lunch hour but Chaeyoung was alone because Jennie had to go outstation. While passing by the parking lot, suddenly a car stopped in front of her.

“Lunch?” Jungkook said as the window rolled down.

Chaeyoung widened her eyes. What is he doing here?

“Where are you from?” Chaeyoung asked while frowning.

“From my work place duhh. Hurry up now, it’s hot you know.” Jungkook said desperately.

Without arguing further, Chaeyoung got into the car and Jungkook drove away from her work place.

“Why are you here?” Chaeyoung asked while glancing at him.

“I had a meeting somewhere around here just now. Coincidently, it is already lunch hour so I just thought why not we have lunch together.” Jungkook answered her while driving.

“Why you didn’t call me first? Luckily I was just passing by the parking lot.”

Luckily? What the heck Chae? I almost went into coma when I saw his car just now.

“Well, it’s my instinct that you are gonna be there.”

Chaeyoung scoffed and threw her glance towards the window.

 

 

“Waeyo?” Jungkook asked when he saw that Chaeyoung had been spacing out. She barely touched her food.

“Huh? What?” Chaeyoung frowned. She looked at Jungkook’s face with a questioning look.

Jungkook admired that beautiful face in front of him for a moment. “You look stress.”

Chaeyoung remained silent. She was feeling awkward with him to be exact. She already told herself to avoid Jungkook at any cost but then here she was, having lunch with him. Chaeyoung continued to eat her food.

“Do you have any problem?” Jungkook asked softly. The usual Chaeyoung he knew was the one who is so cheerful not the one who is so quiet like this.

“Ani.” Chaeyoung replied shortly.

Jungkook didn’t want to ask further as he knew she might yell at him saying he’s being busybody. So, he decided to stay silent.

“Are you free on this weekend?” Jungkook tried to change the topic. He felt horrible about the silence atmosphere just now.

“Wae?”

“Weekend for outing.” Jungkook chuckled.

“Are you asking me out?” Chaeyoung asked.

“Can I?” Jungkook raised his eyebrow.

“I think it’s okay. But only for Sunday because I had another appointment with someone on Saturday.”

“Who?” Jungkook quickly asked.

“Do I have to tell you?” Chaeyoung scrunched her nose.

Jungkook snorted. “I don’t even care who are you going out with on this Saturday. Alright, this Sunday. But, let’s go with your car!”

 

 

His ringing phone that he placed on his table made he averted his gaze away from his laptop. The caller id made his heartbeat increased.

“Hello.” A girl’s voice could be heard.

“Hi, what a surprise to receive your call today.” Taehyung said and chuckled.

Chaeyoung chuckled too. “Eo Taehyung-ah, are you free? I want to ask you out.”

“Where to?” Taehyung asked excitedly. He had been waiting for this invitation, he would never decline the offer.

“Watch a movie. Hmm, I’ll treat you a dinner. I already promised right.”

Taehyung burst into laughter. “Really? When did you ever promise that?”

“Yes, I did. I told you the other day that when I receive my pay I would treat you. It’s okay, whether it’s a movie or a dinner or both. Haaa, are you free or not?”

“For you, princess, even if I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter