Pleasant Mistake

Confused

The sound of her alarm disrupts her sleep and Tiffany tries to fight out of her morning sleepiness to turn it off. After rubbing her eyes she takes a look at her phone.

She sees the usual message from her father, “Sorry darling. Had to leave early. If you need anything you can use my card.”

Tiffany looks at the next message from her mom, “Morning ! Have a great day <3 I’m always thinking about you.”

“I miss you too mom!”

Tiffany has a quick look at Instagram while listening to some music before getting ready for school. 


*** 


Her limousine pulls up at the SM academy school entrance .

“I’ll be here after school ends, Miss Hwang.” The driver informs ,”Have a good day at school.”

“Thanks.” Tiffany says simply then takes a deep breath before exiting the car to face the school full of people. 

She steps out and can already feel the stares. She tries to ignore them but after a couple of steps one of her male classmates walks up to her .

“Tiff how about that date we were talking about ?”

She sighs, “We weren’t talking about it. You were. “

“It will be fun.”

Tiffany stops and looks at the typical rich jock, “Why me?”

He smiles, “You’re the prettiest girl in school.”

“How about no.” 

He grabs her hand ,” Come on. You’re the girl all the guys want. If you’re with me they’ll back off. ”

The brunette can see a group of girls whispering in the distance after seeing her and she breaks his grip, “Ask someone else.”

I’m not some kind of prize you can brag about to your friends…

*** 


“Did you talk to Taehyun?” Sooyoung asks her friend at break while they eat their food. 

“He wasn’t at school… I can’t believe I went there. That’s so embarrassing. Am I a stalker or something?” Tiffany complains 

“I think it’s cute. You’re like a love struck puppy.” Sooyoung jokes

Tiffany blushes, “I actually… feel a bit confused…”

“About?” Sooyoung asks nonchalantly taking a bite of her pasta 

“Taehyun’s sister…” Tiffany says quietly 

Sooyoung slowly stops chewing and swallows as she takes in what she thought Tiffany just said, “Confused… About his sister? What… kind of confused?”

“N-Nevermind it’s nothing.”

They’re just too similar… 

Tiffany feels her phone vibrate so she takes it out to see a message from her father, “ Can I see you in my office?”

She sighs and replies, “Coming.”

“Your dad again?”

“Yeah… I get that he wants to make time for me but the other students think I’m some kind of daddy’s girl.”

Sooyoung laughs, “Aren’t you? I know he loves you.”
Tiffany gets up from the table, “The favoritism is the problem…”


*** 


The brunette goes to her father’s office and he immediately gets up from his desk , ”I’m sorry I’ve been so busy. I bought you a desert. I was hoping we could spend some time together.”

“Thanks… daddy.” Tiffany says and sits down opposite her fathers desk as he places a plate with a delicious looking piece of cake, “Dad…um…” the brunette begins softly wanting to tell him that meeting him during school is causing the other students to distance themselves from her but before she can continue he speaks .

“When I was with your mother… I never made time and well… I don’t want to make the same mistake with you.”

Tiffany can’t bring herself to say anything because she knows he wants to try get closer to her since he hasn’t been there for her that much in the past and after school she’s going back to America to live with her mom, “Thank you for making time. The cake looks delicious.”

“How is school?” He asks as Tiffany takes a bite of the chocolate cake. 


“Its ok…”


*** 


Tiffany exits her dad’s office and immediately sees Yoona the school goddess. She’s the girl all the other girl’s like because she’s pretty, elegant and hard working and apparently Tiffany is a who steals their boyfriends. 

“Hi…” Tiffany greets 

“Hi.” She greets back but after a few steps she says, “Must be nice to have someone fixing your marks.”

Tiffany immediately turns back, “Fixing ?That’s what you think!?”

Yoona looks back, “I saw. You didn’t make the attendance requirement last year but well guess it doesn’t matter right.”

The brunette has nothing to say as Yoona walks away. She storms back into her dad’s office, “I DIDN’T MAKE THE ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENT LAST YEAR?” 

“… Darling it’s fine. I took care of it.”

“YOU TOOK CARE OF IT?” 

“I can’t let you repeat a year…”

Tiffany stares at her dad ,”Fine! Guess I can leave early today then!” she says and walks out 

“Tiffany wait!” He calls but she ignores him 
The brunette runs to the bathroom holding back her tears till she can let it out in the stall. 

It’s so hard! They don’t get it! Learning in Korean when it isn’t your first language is a nightmare! But I couldn’t go to another school because of my dad! And I get these looks all day! I can’t spend everyday here till 5 then go home and study! I’ll go crazy! I don’t want this! I just want to run away! 


*** 


Tiffany leaves the school early because she can’t let people see she was crying. Her phone vibrates and she expects it to be her dad but its Taehyun, “Sorry I haven’t messaged.”

“Do you think I’m a spoilt brat?”

“No! Why would you say that!?”

“Because I am one! I’m a spoilt brat Tae! I’m not even at school!”

“What happened?”

“Life!”

“Where are you?”

“I’m at home”

“Wait there.” He messages 


*** 


Taeyeon arrives at Tiffany’s house in her male school uniform slightly breathless from rushing. She woke up as a male in the morning and went to school but after seeing Tiffany’s message she decided to leave school early. Tiffany opens the door to let her in. 

“Tae you idiot. Why did you come here?” She says softly trying to hide a slight smile but the handsome male can immediately tell that Tiffany’s usual perfect skin is now red. 

She was crying… 

Taeyeon gives Tiffany a hug, “It’s ok.”

The brunette can feel her tears coming back as she feels the males warm embrace, “It’s just so hard…”

“You can talk to me.” Taeyoen says as she tries to calm her racing heart from hugging the girl she realized she has romantic feelings for. 


*** 


The two talk in the lounge on Tiffany’s white couch and the brunette tells Taeyeon about her problems. 

Tiffany looks down, "When I first transferred I didn't know much about the Korean culture and at school they all want you to act a certain way... Sometimes I just feel like I want to run away." 

"Like the day I first met you...Were you running away?" 

"Yeah... That day I just wanted to be away from everything... Im alone a lot but I still feel ...suffocated... Maybe I'm just weak..."

"No... I get it... I've felt like that too. There's days when I just want to run away... Lots of days."

"Do you?"

"Sometimes... I've gone all the way to the beach before... Alone but I don't want you to do that. Doing those things it's dangerous... If you ever feel down or suffocated or you want to run away just tell me. " Taeyeon tells Tiffany reassuringly looking into her eyes.

The rich girl blushes then looks away, “Um… Tae… are you gay?”

Taeyeon stops breathing, “H-Huh!”

Gay!? How does she know! Wait … I’m a guy right now 

“Because… you aren’t like most guys… you listen to my problems and… you didn’t kiss me…” She says softly 

I really want to kiss you but… it’s not right because… this isn’t me… You’re not attracted to me… 

“I… um… I’m not gay.”

I guess… 

“Do you like Sunny?”

“What!? No! She’s my best friend!”

“Then what ? Am I also your friend?” She looks at Taeyeon seriously 

“Yes! I mean ….N-no. Well you are a friend but—“

Tiffany frowns, “Oh ok we’re friends right Tae. Well you should learn to control yourself because I don’t want my ‘friend’ getting a every time I get to close.”

“That only happened twice!” Taeyeon defends 

“TWICE!?” Tiffany exclaims 

Oh no… 

“I meant once…”

Tiffany stands up ,”Well it’s getting pretty late so I think you should go home before you ruin our ‘friendship’!” She complains 

“Why are you at me!” 

“Go hang out with Sunny! I bet she won’t moan at you!” 

Taeyeon stands up, “Fine I will! I don’t need you getting angry at me after I was just trying to help!” 

I don't get her! 

*** 


“What happened?” Sunny asks her moping male friend that is lying flat on her stomach burying her head into her pillow in her room. 

Taeyeon turns around, “I had a fight with Tiffany.”

Sunny laughs, “A couple fight?”

“Its not funny. I don’t even know what happened… She asked if I liked you but I said we were friends then she asked if she was my friend and I said yes but I didn’t finish and she started getting angry.”

“You’re just as clueless as a guy.”

Taeyeon frowns, “What does that mean?”

“It means…” Sunny begins while going onto Taeyeon’s bed and sitting on the handsome male’s lap then leaning forward over Taeyeon’s face ,”That she’s jealous of me and she doesn’t want to be friends.”

Taeyeon’s heart races at her friend’s gesture while she feels Sunnys weight on her lap ,”U-um.”

Sunny bursts out laughing and moves off Taeyeon’s lap, “Don’t look so serious. You might be a guy but I still see you as my female childhood friend.”

Taeyeon moves over Sunny pinning her down flat onto the bed. Taeyeon stares into Sunny’s eyes while the smaller girl swallows from her friend’s handsome male appearance. Taeyeon’s body is strong but her face is feminine but not too feminine and her short slightly messy hair adds to the teenage boy charm. 

After a moment of silence Taeyeon smirks ,”Payback.” She teases and moves off the shocked Sunny who needs another moment to recover. 

“Ok I deserved that…” Sunny says quietly trying to pull herself together. 

“Why would she be jealous…” Taeyeon thinks 

Sunny gets up and hits her friend, “Because she thinks you’re a male with a female best friend! Stupid!”

“Ow! Ok I get it! 

“But I shouldn’t even be telling you this because I don’t support what you’re doing.”

“Im not doing anything! Well I haven’t done anything… I’m confused. I think we became friends…”

I want to be more than friends… But I don't know what I'm doing... 

“I know you like her but there’s a line you can’t cross .”

“I’m still me…”


*Next day * 


Taeyeon wakes up to find herself as a girl again and freaks out. 

What!? I thought I had one more boy day! I was going to apologize to Tiffany! If Jessica just would have given me some answers! 

She’s gotten used to the changing and being a boy . In fact too used to being a boy because she puts her female school uniform on then realizes she forgot to put her bra on and she put boxers on underneath her skirt. 

I must be half asleep… 


*** 


Sunny is also surprised to see the female Taeyeon at school when she enters the classroom, “Wasn’t today a boy day?”

“Thought it was a pattern but I guess not…”

“This is good though right. What if it’s wearing off?”

“Wearing off!? I don’t want it to wear off!” Taeyeon panics 

“Most people get one or the other. This swapping stuff isn’t natural.” Sunny explains 

“This morning I jumbled my clothes…”

“Soon you’re going to be going into the boys bathroom when you’re a girl or randomly kissing girls.”

Taeyeon frowns and hits Sunny, “That’s what you think of me now?”

“I’m just joking. What’s wrong you seem kind of down?”

“I wanted to apologize to Tiffany today…”

“You could always message her?”

“I guess…”


*** 


After school as soon as Taeyeon arrives home she gets a message from someone she doesn’t know called Sooyoung, “Is this Taehyun ?”

“Who is this?”

“I’m Tiffany’s friend.”

“Did she give you my number?”

“Something like that. So I was thinking I want to meet you.”

“Um… sure. When?”

“Today.”

It will have to be when I’m a guy… I don’t know… I might swap again tomorrow 

“Can we meet tomorrow?”

“It has to be today. If you don’t come I’m going to tell Tiff you hit on me.”

WHAT! 

“Are you serious!?”

“Very serious and Tiff hates cheaters.”

Cheating!? We’re not even together! Maybe if I go there and say Taehyun couldn’t come she’ll give up on that plan …

“Ok fine I’ll come.”


*** 


Sooyoung wanted Taeyeon to meet her at karaoke. When she arrives Sooyoung says she already got a room so she goes to the room number and opens the door to see someone she was not expecting. Tiffany in her fashionable casual clothes. The brunette is just as confused as the black haired girl. 

“Taeyeon!?” She exclaims ,”What are you doing here!?”

“I thought I was meeting Sooyoung?”

“Sooyoung!? That makes even less sense? Do you know her?”

“She…um got my number and wanted to meet.”

“I don’t even have your number.”

Taeyeon laughs nervously, “I have no clue how she got it…”

“I thought I was meeting her here…”

I think I know what’s going on… she wanted to get us together … Tiffany must have told her we fought… 

“Well do you want to sing something?” Taeyeon asks sitting down next to Tiffany. 

“Yeah…sure …sorry about this my friend can be weird sometimes…”

And threatening! 


*** 


They sing some songs and talk for a bit getting along really well. Completely forgetting about Sooyoung. Taeyeon is kind of forgetting about the gender thing and just being how she usually is with Tiffany. 

“I was a little bit down today… because of something but it’s really fun with you.” Tiffany says shyly because there's something about Taeyeon that makes her kind of nervous. 

I think I might have been what caused you to be down in the first place….but you’re upset because you want me to… 

Taeyeon takes a deep breath and stands up for her song

*A whole new world

Tiffany smiles recognizing straight away, “Aladdin?”

“I love Disney. It’s a duet.” Taeyeon looks to the brunette 

“I love Disney too… Um... But isn’t this song kind of…Romantic.”

“I can show you the world~ Shinning, shimmering, splendid~” Taeyeon begins to sing the male part while staring at the lyrics. 

“Oh my God.” Tiffany half teases 

Taeyeon turns to Tiffany and reaches out her hand, “Tell me, princess, now when did You last let your heart decide ~

Tiffany blushes and hesitates before seeing the other girl's serious eyes. She slowly takes Taeyeon’s hand, “Fine.”


***


“Do you want something to drink?” Tiffany asks feeling embarrassed about the cheesy duet Taeyeon talked her into and the weird atmosphere it caused. 

“A coke.” Taeyeon says as she stares at the back view of the beautiful brunette while still caught up in romantic feelings.

I feel like Aladdin lying about my identity so you’ll like me… 

Her eyes wonder down to Tiffany's curvy perfectly accentuated by the tight pants and Taeyeon wets her dry lips. 

A erted Aladdin... 

Tiffany giggles and looks back, “That’s cute. I meant alcohol.”

Taeyeon snaps out of her daze, “Alcohol!? Aren’t we kind of under age…”

“Barely. I’ll order you something.” She insists and picks up the phone to order 

The drinks arrive quickly and Taeyeon picks up what looks like a cocktail . She smells it and hesitates. 

“Come on Taeyeon ~” She taunts and Taeyeon takes a sip, “How is it?”

“It’s ok…”

“If it’s too much for you. You don’t have to drink it.” Tiffany teases leaning forward a little too much so Taeyeon can smell the rich girl’s fruity scent and almost see completly down the girl's loose top getting a full view of Tiffany's smooth skin making her heart race. 

Taeyeon takes a large gulp, “It’s not too much for me .”


*** 


Taeyeon finishes her cocktail and things feel more fun and relaxed. She was kind of nervous before from being alone with Tiffany. She goes all out at singing a western song she hardly knew the lyrics too. 

Tiffany bursts out laughing, “Oh my god! So professional.” She jokes 

Taeyeon smiles from seeing the brunette’s breathtaking eye smile, “You’re so pretty. You’re the prettiest when you smile.”

Tiffany blushes and takes a sip of the new drink she ordered . 

After the brunette finishes her song she sits next to Taeyeon who stares at her seriously and her heart races. With the haze from being slightly drunk the black haired girl is starting to look even more like Taehyun. When the stare doesn’t end she pulls Taeyeon’s hair to see if it’s a wig 

“Ow! What was that for!” Taeyeon rubs her scalp 

“N-nothing!” Tiffany gets up to sing her song. She lifts up the mic but then slowly puts it down ,” What’s with your brother?”

Jiwoong? 

“My brother?”

“Yeah Taehyun.”

Oh right… 

Taeyeon frowns, “Why? What’s wrong with him? I think he’s great.”

“How about how he keeps giving me mixed signals?”

“Mixed signals!? No he doesn’t!”

“Yes he does! He was acting like he liked me then he said I was his friend!?”

Taeyeon stands up, “Maybe if you let m—him finish you would have known that you’re more than just a friend!”

“I think he’s got a thing for his ‘best friend’ Sunny!” She accuses 

Taeyeon can slowly feel her anger building, “He doesn’t!”

“If he doesn’t and I’m more than a friend then why didn’t he want to kiss me!? Am I not attractive or something!?” Tiffany complains 

You’re so ing attractive! 

Taeyeon starts moving forward to the Brunette while she keeps stepping back, “Do you want to be kissed that much!?”

Tiffany steps back once more and is met with a wall behind her while she sees Taeyeon step forward minimizing the distance between them, “I do actually…”

Tiffany’s heart races as the pretty yet handsome black haired girl grabs her hand pinning it against the wall preventing her from moving. Taeyeon’s thoughts are hazy and she just sees the girl she desires right in front of her. Her mesmerizing eyes nervous, her inviting lips perfect and her breathing accelerated. She looks so… attractive. 

“OK.” Taeyeon whispers and closes the gap kissing Tiffany. Tightly grabbing the brunette’s soft hand it’s like electricity for Taeyeon as she feels their soft lips together. Her heart races and she feels hot like she wants a lot more…so much more. She’s about to try turn the peck into a deep kiss when she feels Tiffany’s s pressing against hers and she realizes she kissed another girl… as a girl. 
Taeyeon immediately pulls back, her breathing accelerating and her heart pounding through her head she stares at the girl in front of her trying to read her reaction but Tiffany feels very confused from the way she’s feeling and can’t think of anything. 

Taeyeon lets go of Tiffany’s hand and stumbles back, “I’m sorry!” she apologizes and runs out the karaoke room. 

I-I kissed her! I kissed her as a girl! And it felt so… amazing. Did she like it? 

After she exits the karaoke place she realizes that Tiffany was kind of drunk and it’s late. She can’t just leave her. 

Taeyeon nervously goes back to the room , “I’ll take you home.”

Tiffany doesn’t meet Taeyeon’s eyes, “Thanks…”

 

 

A/N: Over 10 upvotes and over 120 subs!!! Yay! Thank you everyone!! <3 I'll keep trying to give fast updates and an interesting story!!