Tiffany's Mom

Confused

A/N: Sorry again for another wait !!! Getting close to the end now. I'll try not to take as long with the next update. 

 

“Taeyeon-ah?”

Taeyeon’s face immediately brightens up by a smile, “Heechul oppa?” She let’s go of Tiffany’s hand in the moment. They were busy shopping and Taeyeon is still carrying Tiffany’s shopping bag in her other hand. 

As she talks happily with heechul catching up she feels Tiffany link her arm with hers and tug her unhappily. Taeyeon represses a smile as she talks from Tiffany’s cute jealous behavior. 

“Oh sorry was I interrupting?” Heechul asks 

“Yes.” Tiffany says softly only loud enough for Taeyeon to hear. 

“This is Tiffany. She’s my um…”

“Girlfriend.” Tiffany finishes for Taeyeon still holding tightly onto the other girls arm. 

I must be crazy about you to think your possessiveness is cute

After heechul leaves Taeyeon turns to Tiffany with a smile, “What’s wrong?”

Tiffany still has an obvious frown on her face, “Heechul oppa? I’ve never heard about a heechul oppa?”

“He was my sunbae at school. We took art classes together.” Taeyeon explains 

He used to be interested in me so it made it harder to introduce Tiffany. As expected he was shocked 

“You were smiling all stupidly and you’re still afraid to tell people about us. That’s why you let go of my hand.” Tiffany mopes 

Your jealousy might have been the cause of my stupid smiling 

Taeyeon leans forward and gives her a kiss on the lips in front of the crowds of people walking past some people look and show a bit of a shocked reaction before moving on. Taeyeon tries not to pay attention to the other people. It is still difficult for her to be open when she knows how much Tiffany suffered at school but then she sees Tiffany’s small smile from her public display of affection and shyly begins, “I’ll buy you lunch.”

Tiffany blushes, “Ok I forgive you.”

Taeyeon smiles and holds Tiffany’s hand, “Follow me.” She says playfully as she guides Tiffany and the brunette chuckles. 


*** 


Tiffany takes a big bite of her subway sandwich and chews happily. Taeyeon grins as the brunette continues to eat unaware of the sauce smudged on her cheek. 

“What?” She asks 

“It’s nothing.” Taeyeon says with an obvious smile 

“I don’t believe you.” She doubts ,”You’re always trying to fool me. Do you know how horrified I was when I found out sachultang is actually dog meat!”

Taeyeon bursts out in a laugh, “Stupid~ how can you eat iron bars!”

“I’m not trusting you anymore!” Tiffany protests 
The shorter girl picks up a tissue and wipes

Tiffany’s cheek, “There.” She smiles 

The brunette blushes, “Thanks.”

“Maybe I’ll try to improve my English.”

“Really?” Tiffany says with a smirk, “Maybe I’ll just talk in English then.”

“I think I already have a couple of new words down thanks to you.”

“What words?” She asks curiously 

“I don’t think you want to know.” Taeyeon jokes 

“What why?”

“Um… think about it. When do you use English the most.”

“I guess… Talking to my American friends or my mom. Or when I watch American shows?”

Taeyeon takes a drink of water, “But when do you use English the most when you’re with ‘me’.” She hints 

“Hmmm the most?” Tiffany says confused, “I don’t know. I use a lot of Korean with you.”

“You don’t think there’s times when it just comes out. Like when you’re not thinking. You’re lucky I’ve seen American before so I know what you’re talking about because it’s like 100% in English.”

Tiffany chokes with a bright red face after she picks up on what Taeyeon was talking about, “What!? Oh my god! Are you really talking about ‘that’!?”

“It’s fine… I like it…”

English is so hot 

“I think you might have developed a weird .” Tiffany flirts 

Taeyeon blushes and looks away, “No I haven’t…”

“Oh my God Tae! Keep doing that! That feels so good!” Tiffany says sensually in English.

Taeyeon’s heart races as she looks back at Tiffany who meets her with a grin while she plays with her hair, “Are you sure? Because I’m pretty sure I know what you like.” she teases 

Taeyeon swallows, “Do you want to come over… to my house…”

And make American

“I have to go to the airport so you’ll have to keep it in your pants today.” Tiffany teases 

“Excuse me.” A male voice breaks the conversation and they both look towards him, “I was just wondering if… uh there’s this event coming up.” Taeyeon has heard enough and looks to the side noticing three other guys watching the scene from another table she frowns and sighs then gets drawn back into the conversation, “And we need dates so if you’re interested could I get your numbers…”

“Sorry but—” Tiffany begins then gets cut off 

“She’s seeing me. She’s my girlfriend, we’re lovers, together romantically. Whichever one makes things clear.” Taeyeon says bitterly 

The male takes a moment, “Oh… I see… ok sorry for bothering.” He says awkwardly before leaving to his friends 

“You’ve become way more straightforward.” Tiffany says

“I guess the more it happens the more it bothers me…. It’s like even though I’m serious to other people we’ll just be friends. Even though I kissed you and held your hand nothing changed.”

Tiffany reaches forward to hold Taeyeon’s hand that has been tightened into a light fist and smiles, “Guys are so blind because I don’t look at my friends like that and I don’t hold their hands like this. You’re special Taeyeon…” She says shyly with slightly pink cheeks 

Tiffany

“You’re also special to me Fany-ah.” Taeyeon replies softly and Tiffany shows her a dazzling eye smile that makes Taeyeon wish they were alone right now. 

 

*** 


Jessica lightly touches Taeyeon’s cupboards, “It’s kind of nostalgic… your room.”

“I remember when I woke up to you in my bed. So much has happened that it seems so long ago but it was this year.” Taeyeon says while she watches Jessica’s back 

Jessica looks back, “Are things going well with Tiffany?” Taeyeon is silent as she thinks of what to say, “It’s ok Taeyeon. You can tell me. I’ve always known besides… you deserve to be with someone who’s actually ‘alive’.”

“Sica I’ve never cared about something like that. I’ve always seen you as a normal teenage girl. And you’re fun, pretty, attractive…”

Jessica stops Taeyeon’s words with her index finger that she places gently on the other girls lips, “You’re going to get yourself into trouble.” She jokes ,”Don’t worry I won’t tell Tiffany about the time you came onto me.”

Taeyeon looks away, “I’m sorry… about that. I didn’t mean to lead you on. What I felt then wasn’t fake. It’s like… you’re different from Sunny but different from Tiffany.”

“I think I get that… you’ll always be different from other people to me Taeyeon.” Jessica smiles ,”I was very vulnerable and alone. Now I have you, I have Sunny, Seohyun, Tiffany… I don’t know about her but Sooyoung isn’t too bad and… Yuri.” She says Yuri’s name a bit differently from the others but not in a bad way. 

“I think you’ve always had Yuri. Way before me.”

“I just… I don’t know if I feel the same way that she does. I’m not a lesbian Taeyeon… neither is Tiffany—”

“Tiffany won’t be with a man again! She just… won’t…” Taeyeon defends because thinking about Tiffany being with anyone else male or female hurts. 

“I’m not saying she will what I’m saying is… she’s not into girls. It’s like… sometimes you find someone where gender doesn’t matter. I know I like boys but then I met you and it’s like it didn’t matter anymore.” Jessica explains 

Taeyeon thinks about Jessica’s words and the way that Tiffany seems oblivious to pretty girls yet gawks about her favorite actors ,”So you don’t think Yuri is an exception?”

“I guess she is… sort of.” Jessica says shyly thinking about when they kissed, “But I like how things are now. Relationships change things. It could be good… but you don’t know. You know?”

“Yeah… I know. It has been hard sometimes but right now. Things are good. I know what people say about being young and you don’t really know but…I just…” Taeyeon stops her words

Jessica smiles, “You’re in love. Even after you forgot about her you fell in love with her all over again. I think that says something.” Taeyeon lies down on her stomach and pushes her face into her bed cutely. Jessica laughs, “What?”

“Hr mom is comingto Korean today. Shesgoing to be here in a couple of hours. Imnervous .” Taeyeon says slightly muffled by her bed

“Does she know?”

Taeyeon turns over, “Yeah and apparently she wasn’t that happy about it.”

“You can’t please everyone.” Jessica says then comes across a blue notebook which doesn't seem school related, "What's this?" She holds it up and Taeyeon immediately shoots up from her bed in record speed. 

"It's nothing!" She exclaims with a red face taking the notebook from Jessica's hand. 

"Now I'm really curious."

"It's a just a diary. So I won't forget." 

"I really want to read it." Jessica says with a sly smile. 

"It's not that interesting I promise." Taeyeon denies hiding the notebook away deep in her cupboard 

"Hmmm... I'll leave it. For now." She teases 


*Next day *


Taeyeon hasn’t heard anything from Tiffany and she’s starting to get worried. She hasn’t replied to her message which is weird since Tiffany is always on her phone. It’s only been a day but Taeyeon thought she would be meeting Tiffany’s mom today. There’s a chance Tiffany has just been occupied with catching up with her mom who she hasn’t seen in a long time but Taeyeon can’t help being concerned. She has a weird sick feeling in her stomach for some reason so she decides to message Sooyoung to see if she knows something. Taeyeon sends a simple message while lying back on her bed as the late afternoon sun enters her room. The reply she receives was something that never entered her mind for a moment. She reads it and her heart sinks. She freezes unable to emotionally process the situation. 

Her hand shakes then she grips her shorts while she stares at the words, “I thought you heard…. Tiffany’s mom passed away in a plane crash yesterday.” 

She can’t bring herself to reply. 


*** 


Taeyeon rushes to Tiffany’s house and rings the door bell almost out of breath. She can’t imagine what Tiffany must be feeling. She isn’t even sure if seeing her right now is the right thing to do but she wants Tiffany to know that she’s here for her. 
The door opens and it’s Tiffany’s father not looking like himself. He looks drained and his face is blotched red from tears. 

“Sir I’m so sorry…”

His voice is more faint and not as stern as he answers, “Tiffany is in her room.” He says simply without protest 

Taeyeon nervously makes her way to Tiffany’s room as she gets closer she can hear crying. She stands by Tiffany’s door quiet for a moment then she gathers herself, “Fany-ah…”

She hears movement and the door opens. Tiffany’s hair is ruffled, her eyes red from tears that are still dripping down her face while still in the outfit she wore yesterday. 


“F-Fany-ah… I’m sorry! I’m so sorry!” She hugs the frail girl in her arms, “If you need me I’m here! Always!”

The brunette grips her shirt tightly before pushing her back ,”Taeyeon I can’t !” She cries 

“You can’t ?...” She asks confused 

“I can’t do this anymore! I thought that things would be good now! Finally ! But I was so wrong ! It’s obvious the universe is trying to tell us something! Am I meant to sacrifice everything for this! There’s too many signs!”

“What…” Taeyeon says softly in shock 

“And my mom! The last conversation I had with her was an argument about you! If I didn’t meet you I would have gone to America and she never would have died! And she’s right! Who are we fooling! If we live in Korea we won’t be able to do anything! It’s better to end things now!” Tiffany shouts in a cry with a face full of tears 

“W-What are you trying to say…” Taeyeon says faintly almost shaking 

“I’m breaking up with you Taeyeon!” Tiffany let’s out the horrible words. 

Taeyeon moves closer to Tiffany, “F-Fany-ah you’re just emotional right now and you don’t mean—”

Tiffany pushes Taeyeon out her bedroom, “I mean it! Don’t come here anymore!” She wipes her tears and turns around so she can’t see Taeyeon. 

Taeyeon stands still frozen before she feels tears falling down from her face, “Fine. Fine! You want me to go I’ll go! I wanted to be there for you but now you’re blaming me for everything! All I’ve ever done is tried to make things nice for you but you obviously don’t get it!” She shouts before running out the house. Taeyeon still can't even process everything. She's sad for Tiffany and angry at her and sad and her heart hurts. She can't even tell if Tiffany was serious. It doesn't make sense. They're so happy together. They love each other. At least that's what Taeyeon thought but if Tiffany loved her why would she do this? 

I don’t deserve to be treated like this! All of a sudden I’m the one responsible for all the bad things! I just wanted you to be happy! I wish I could bring your mom back but I can’t ! Go ahead and be alone if you want

 

A/N: Sorry everyone for the drama ::>_<::