Truth

Confused

A/N: I got a clear idea for this chapter so I could give a fast update after all! I think this chapter might be able to clear some confusion... Or not. Feelings and people are confusing in my opinion. This chapter is a little dramatic but I try to be realistic even though I have angels and gender swapping going on lol 

 

 

“What happened there?” Sunny asks when she enters the classroom and sees her female friend has what looks like scratches peeking out of her shirt. 

Taeyeon moves her shirt to cover it and blushes, “Sunny… yesterday I… um…” she begins then makes a circle and sticks her finger into it. 

Sunny immediately pushes Taeyeon’s hand down, “That was way more visual than it needed to be!” she lectures then sees Taeyeon is sitting with her legs open with a skirt ,”And your legs are open.”

Taeyeon closes her legs, “…Right.”

“So those nail marks are Tiffany’s work.”

Taeyeon grins, “Yeah.”

“Have you told her yet?”

“I thought about it… but then we had …”  Sunny punches Taeyeon’s arm, “Ow!”

“I cant believe you!”

“I like how things are…”

“The more you wait the harder it will be! It’s not going to be like this forever!”

Taeyeon sighs, “I know… I’ll try.”

It’s eating away at me anyway because I keep falling deeper in love… Especially after sleeping together I don’t want secrets anymore… 


*** 


During class Taeyeon doodles in her work book thinking about what she should say to Tiffany or if she should say anything. Things are going so well between them and she doesn’t have to worry about anything. She doesn’t have to worry about what people would think, if it’s right or about any kind of problems that come with being lesbian because if she’s a male it’s fine, it’s natural, that’s how you’re expected to be. She feels like there’s more benefits to lying then telling the truth and that’s why she hasn’t said anything. The problem is that when she’s a guy she always feels like she should be a girl and she realizes maybe that’s what transgender people feel like because she knows she’s a girl but her body is male. Her heart will always be female no matter. 

Sunny is right pretending to be someone you’re not for love… is wrong. If she doesn’t love me for who I am then… It’s not meant to be… 

Taeyeon sighs as she draws a flower still not paying attention to the lesson. 

“Jessica.” The teacher says and Taeyeon looks up to see the blonde girl stand up and answer the question correctly. She gets praised by the teacher and her classmates are also impressed as she sits down with a smug face. 

She’s like 220 something. Of course she knows everything by now. 

The fallen angel sees Taeyeon looking at her so she smirks. Taeyeon frowns back and faces the teacher. 

She’s actually probably just cheating. She’s so annoying she kept pestering me last night. I’m the one that’s letting her stay at my house even though thugs could come after me. Plus if Tiffany finds out she’ll kill me… why do I have so many secrets? 


*** 


The black haired Korean beauty works up the courage to go to Tiffany’s school as a girl for the first time. She sees the students staring at her with dirty looks as she walks closer to the school. 

Male or female this place is still the same. No wonder Tiffany hates it here. 

“Hey.” She gets interrupted and turns to see one of the snobby high school guys. 

“Hi?”

“You’re kind of cute.”

“Thanks… I’m actually kind of in a hurry.” Taeyeon says and walks past 

“.” He says under his breath but loud enough for Taeyeon to hear. 

And guys are all the same… I hope she’s still here. 

Taeyeon keeps looking to see if she can see Tiffany. When she gets closer to the gate she finally sees the brunette who stands out from the crowd. Taeyeon can’t help smiling till she sees an attractive male student talking to her. Her smile quickly vanishes and she unconsciously stops as she watches them. Tiffany looks annoyed and frustrated with the male so she tries to walk away but he grabs her wrist. Taeyeon’s hand turns into a fist. 

That must be the ing jerk who’s been bothering her! 

Taeyeon doesn’t even have to think because before she realizes it she’s grabbed the male’s arm, “Let go. You’re bothering her.”

“Taeyeon!?” Tiffany exclaims 

The male frowns, “This has nothing to do with you.”

She’s my girlfriend. It has everything to do with me. 

The short female looks up to see the strong guy and realizes there’s not much she can do like this but he let’s down his guard and releases his grip on Tiffany’s wrist so Taeyeon quickly grabs Tiffany’s hand and pulls her away. 

“Hey wait!” he calls but doesn’t think it’s worth chasing after them. It would just put more unnecessary attention on him. After he’s out of sight Taeyeon stops. They aren’t too far from the school but there aren’t many students around. She looks back while still keeping a tight hold on Tiffany’s hand. 

“Thanks.” Tiffany says and Taeyeon turns back to the brunette. She immediately notices Tiffany is blushing and she realizes she hasn’t let go of her hand. 

Taeyeon immediately lets go, “S-Sorry.”

“It’s fine. He’s been bothering me for a long time. I think he thinks I’ll fall for him if he’s persistent enough…” 

“If he tries to bother you again you must tell me and I’ll …” Taeyeon begins then realizes she shouldn’t be saying this right now. Her boyfriend-like protectiveness is coming out ,”I mean…”

“Did you come here to see me?” She asks thankfully not prying into Taeyeon’s statement however this brings the black haired girl back to the reason she came here. 

I have to tell her. No more waiting. 

Taeyeon’s heart races and she grips her skirt then swallows, “Yeah… there’s something I have to tell you.”

“What is it?”

“This will probably sound really crazy and I don’t know if you’ll believe me but I don’t want to lie to you because you’re really important to me…”

Tiffany is now very confused and she isn’t sure what to expect as she gazes at the nervous girl in front of her. 

Taeyeon gathers her courage and begins to tell Tiffany the whole story about Jessica and her situation. As Taeyeon tells her Tiffany’s reaction is hard to read. After the story is finished Tiffany just stands there staring at Taeyeon. 

“There’s also something else… um… well… I… um…” This part is surprisingly harder to say than her story but she wants to say it. Her heart beat is beating over thoughts and her palms sweat as she tries to push out the words, “I… love you.”

To Taeyeon’s surprise Tiffany tugs her shirt collar fully exposing the scratch marks the brunette left on her male shoulder the night before. Tiffany takes a deep breath after seeing it then slaps Taeyeon in the face. A good solid slap that leaves half of Taeyeon’s face red and stinging. The brunette starts to rush away and Taeyeon nervously walks forward, “W-Wait!” 

“DON’T FOLLOW ME!” Tiffany shouts and Taeyeon immediately stops and just watches Tiffany as she leaves her sight. 

Did I just make a huge mistake? 


*** 


“So why are you sulking on my bed?” Sunny asks her friend who came over to her house dejected and crashed on her bed without saying anything. 

“Tiffany slapped me in the face.” Taeyeon sulks into Sunny’s pillow. 

“Did you finally tell her!? Did she say anything?” Sunny asks sitting down on her desk chair. 

“She said… Don’t follow me…” 

“Sorry… But I mean you did pretend to be her boyfriend, have with her and then tell her you were actually a girl this whole time. What were you expecting?”

Taeyeon groans then turns around, “I don’t know! Maybe something like I’m actually bi and I don’t care that you’re a girl, I love you too! Happily ever after!” 

Then we go back to her place and have lesbian . 

“That’s a stretch. She’s either upset with female you or upset with both of you or she thinks female you is crazy and a lesbian or I don’t even know . Maybe just give her some time to think…” Sunny thinks for a bit, “Even I’m confused. How’d you manage to get in this situation?”

Taeyeon sighs, “I don’t know… but there’s no going back now…”


*** 


Sooyoung had some stuff to do but she agreed to meet up with Tiffany for supper. This agreement was made before what happened with Taeyeon just after school. Tiffany’s head is clouded with confusion as she walks through the mall to meet her friend who messaged her that she got them a table a moment ago. 

This is crazy! There’s no way! This is real life! That’s not possible! Why am I even thinking about this! She loves me!? She’s a lesbian!? I have a boyfriend! I like guys! But what if they really are the same… Well then she lied to me this whole time! She made me actually have feelings, love type feelings for… 

Tiffany thinks of the way Taeyeon looks at her and it’s the same way Taehyun looks at her. The way she gently touches her and when she put her arm over her. The things they say and their gestures and their favorite characters, the way they smell. Tiffany remembers the morning she woke up in Taeyeon’s bed, something she never noticed till now. ‘Fany-ah.’ Taeyeon’s voice saying the nickname Taehyun gave her enters her mind. The name ‘Taeyeon’ written on Taehyun’s work book. Everything links together too perfectly and just as her thoughts are the most confused she walks past the toy store she saw Taeyeon and the blonde girl at and sees the pink Teddy bear Taehyun gave her yesterday. Her feet stop and she stares through the glass at the shelf filled with a few of the very familiar teddy bears.

Are you jealous?’ The flash back of Taehyun’s question rings in her mind and Tiffany is forced to remember the most obvious and fresh memory in her mind. The nail marks she left on Taehyun’s shoulder that she clearly remembers looking at when he was lying on her bed were exactly duplicated on Taeyeon. 

Tiffany takes some deep breaths and holds her forehead. 

I can’t believe this… what am I supposed to think? How do you expect me to feel Taeyeon? 


*** 


“Are you OK?” Sooyoung immediately asks her friend after they order their drinks because Tiffany looks drained and shocked as if she was in an accident. 

“No…” 

“Did something happen? Do you want to talk about it?”

What am I meant to tell you? That my boyfriend might be a girl? It makes sense now why Taeyeon makes me feel… that way but… if it really is her I’m so mad at her! And there’s no way I can be with a girl… 

“Its complicated…”

“That complicated? Usually you love talking about stuff.” Sooyoung says because Tiffany has always talked to her about things and it looks like something is really bugging her. 

Tiffany takes a deep breath, “What if… I had feelings for a girl…”

Sooyoung’s eyes suddenly widen ,”A girl… do you… um… have feelings for a girl?” she asks delicately because she really didn’t expect this coming from Tiffany. 

“N-no! Well… I can’t say there’s nothing...”

Her tall friend takes a deep breath, “ If you’re bi Tiff… It’s fine. Lots of people feel that way. “

“I-I don’t know… I’m confused. “

“Girls or guys whoever you like I think you should follow your heart.”


*** 


Tiffany takes a shower but it didn’t help clear her thoughts like it has before. Its getting late but she’s not even sleepy. She lies in her bed and holds her pink Teddy bear then she picks up her phone and goes to Taehyun’s number. This would probably confirm everything. She hesitates and it takes her a while before she starts typing the message.

“Do you know what you told me today?” She stares at the button before sending. 

If they are twins . Taeyeon wouldn’t tell Taehyun because she wants me to be with her instead of him and if she did Taehyun would have messaged or said something. 

Tiffany doesn’t stop looking at her phone and a few moments later she gets a reply ,” I told you I’m a girl and I told you I love you and then you slapped me in the face.”

The brunette immediately let’s go of her phone and takes her pillow to cover her face. 

Tae you idiot… 


***


Taeyeon lies in her bed in the dark to sleep after the tiring day. She could barely concentrate on her homework and now she can’t sleep. Jessica is lying on the mattress on the floor playing on her phone. After replying to Tiffany she waits for a reply that doesn’t come. 

Maybe I should have said something else.

“Do you think I made a mistake?” She asks in the silence 

Jessica puts her phone down ,”She would have found out eventually.”

“My heart hurts… I don’t want her to break up with me…”

“If she breaks up with you she’s crazy.”

Taeyeon smiles, “Thanks.”


*Next day *


When the male opened her eyes in the morning she saw a message from Tiffany asking if they could meet up after school so Taeyeon spent the day wondering about what Tiffany is going to say to her. Even she knows that she thinks about Tiffany all the time but she can’t help it. The mesmerizing girl just enters her mind and it seems like there’s always some kind of drama going on. Before all this her life was pretty normal, she didn’t think it was boring, it was how most Korean students spent their time ,school, homework and the small amount of time left was used for relaxing, spending with friends or at after school activities. Taeyeon wasn’t really into the after school activities part so she’s glad her school wasn’t one of the ones which made it mandatory. Even without starting an activity now it feels like her day is somehow filled with so much more and the time she spends with Tiffany feels special. Besides being ually attracted to her the girl’s smile can brighten Taeyeon’s day and their conversations are fun making the black haired girl want to talk more and to see her cute reactions. 

Taeyeon is sitting opposite Tiffany in the café and it’s awkwardly silent. Tiffany breaks the silence, “Tae… yeon.”

The male can feel a slight sting to her heart from the awkwardness, “You can just call me Tae.”

I like it when you call me Tae. 

“Tae… so you’re a male today and you were a female yesterday?”

“Yeah… when I woke up I was like this. It’s weird but I’ve gotten used to it. Sometimes I forget I’m a guy for a second until I see my reflection… I’ve also gone into the wrong bathroom a couple of times…”

Tiffany tries to take this in and pushes her hair back ,”Um… you said this will wear off.”

“I think so… And I can sort of feel it is… when this first happened I spent more days as a guy but now it’s more equal... So it might get less and less… and then… back to being a girl.”

The brunette takes a deep breath to try gather her thoughts, “That’s why I thought that it would be better to… just be friends.”

Taeyeon gets a stabbing pain in her heart and she feels her hand naturally tense but words don’t come out because what can she say. She’s the one that was lying about her identity and she can see how hurt the brunette is in front of her. She’s hurt and it’s her fault. 

Tiffany tries not to show her emotional weakness as she continues, “Because our whole relationship was based on a lie… And I don’t think that’s good."

“I-I don’t want to lie anymore! I want to tell you things! Lots of things!” Taeyeon let’s out. 

Tiffany looks away from Taeyeon’s serious gaze, “You can tell me lots of things. You don’t have to hide things from me anymore. We can be… you know ‘female’ friends.”

The way Tiffany had to include the female friends part was another hit to Taeyeon. 

Female friends? That’s like a step worse than friend zoned. You’re saying you want to treat me like a girl but I don’t want you to treat me like a girl. I want you to treat me the same way you treated me as a guy. I want you to hold my arm and flirt and kiss me… We can still see each other so If I give you more time can we be like that again …

Taeyeon now realizes that this is what it truly feels like to fall for a straight girl. She finally got a taste of what it's really like to be a lesbian. Her fantasy world is broken but what happened between them is still there and even as a girl she felt there was a connection between them so she gathers her words with hope that Tiffany will trust her again and even accept her for who she is , "​​​​​I​​​​​ understand ... I never lied to you about things about me or how I feel but I was stupid. I wanted you to like me . I want you to know more about who I really am. We can start over as friends. I don't want you to be awkward around me."