Just Friends

Confused

*A week later * 

Before class the female Taeyeon can’t help looking at her phone while Sunny and Jessica talk. The two see Taeyeon distracted so Sunny says something. 

“If you want to see her just invite her out.”

“How can I invite her out that’s like a date but we’re friends…”

I can’t even message her because I don’t know what to say. 

“It’s only a date if you call it a date.”

“I don’t know…”

It will be awkward 

Jessica joins, “Why don’t we all hang out. I want to meet her anyway.”

Taeyeon looks up from her phone, “All of us?”

“Yeah, you, me, Sunny, Tiffany and she can also bring one of her friends.”

“Ohhh sounds fun. I feel like Karaoke.” Sunny is immediately into it 

Taeyeon smiles, “Thanks guys. I’ll ask her… but don’t scare her away.”

Sunny puts her arm around her friend, “Poor love struck puppy.” She teases 

Jessica laughs and Taeyeon blushes, “I’m not like that.”


*** 


After school they meet up at the Karaoke place like Sunny wanted. Tiffany agreed to come and she invited Sooyoung to come with her. It’s a bit awkward at first as Taeyeon sits next to Jessica and Sunny on the one side and faces Tiffany directly while she sits next to Sooyoung. Sooyoung and Sunny start off the conversation when Sooyoung teased Sunny for being short then went on to comment that she feels like a giant amongst everyone. After that everyone started talking and joking. They ordered some drinks and snacks then started to sing some songs. 

Taeyeon sips her coke while she looks in front of her at Tiffany. It feels like she hasn’t seen her in ages. The brunette is wearing a tasteful short black dress which just draws Taeyeon's attention to her. She's even wearing an extremely expensive diamond necklace almost as if she over dressed on purpose. Everyone around her is joking around but she’s silent as she gazes at the brunette’s stunning eye smile and watches how Tiffany crosses her legs revealing more of her toned thighs. Tiffany turns her head to see Taeyeon looking at her then immediately blushes and looks away. 

It’s still awkward. 

The black haired girl sighs and puts her coke down then looks to Sunny who just went up for her song. Jessica who is next to her nudges her and grabs her attention, “You’ve been so quiet.”

“I’m usually quiet.”

“Yeah so am I.”

Taeyeon laughs, “You? You’re just lazy not quiet. You’re so noisy it’s annoying “ she teases 

The blonde bashes Taeyeon, “You shouldn’t talk to your elders like that.”

Taeyeon smirks, “You finally admitted your age.”

“Shut up!”

Tiffany and Sooyoung sing along to the song Sunny picked but then Tiffany gets distracted by the two in front of her and stops singing. She watches Jessica casually touch Taeyeon’s arm and sees the black haired girl show a flirty smirk while they talk happily about something Tiffany can’t hear over the music. Tiffany’s heart hurts and she takes a deep breath while her hand curls into a soft fist. She picks up her water and takes a sip.

Sunny finishes her song and hits Taeyeon. 

“What was that for!?”

“You and Jessica completely ignored me.”

“Then hit Jessica not me!”

“I’m more used to hitting you.” She jokes and Jessica laughs. 

“Tough life Taeyeon.” Jessica teases then gets up to sing her song. 

“You three look close.” Sooyoung comments 

“I’ve known Taeyeon since forever. Jessica kind of just came out of no where. What about you and Tiffany?”

“I met her in first year. We sat next to each other. She kept asking me questions about everything then we just ended up talking. Korean still isn’t her strong point.” Sooyoung teases 

Tiffany’s face goes red, “I’m way better now!”

“Hello guys?” Jessica says through the microphone because no one was watching. 


***


“This is mine!” Taeyeon notices and gets up from her seat to sing. While she’s singing she can tell Tiffany seems a bit off because she doesn't even make eye contact so after she finishes she works up the courage to sit next to her. 

“You aren’t going to sit next to Jessica?” The brunette immediately says. 

She still doesn’t like Jessica? 

“I want to sit next to you.” Taeyeon says and Tiffany can’t hold back a smile ,” Did you miss me?” She teases the brunette. 

“It’s been like a week” 

A week felt like forever. I only met you a month ago but I got used to seeing you like everyday and talking all the time. Didn’t you miss me? 

“I think you got prettier” 

She really did… I really am a love struck puppy… 

Tiffany blushes and pushes Taeyeon ,”Stupid.” 

Taeyeon smiles, “I’m glad you came. I kind of thought… maybe you didn’t want to see me.”

Tiffany takes a deep breath, “It’s not like that… I want to see you…” She was angry but truthfully she missed Taeyeon… a lot 

Taeyeon grips her jeans to stop her nerves because when Tiffany says things like that it makes her heart tighten , “Really? Then is it fine if we… go to places together again like.. Just us?”

The brunette unconsciously fiddles with her hair, “Where did you want to take me?”

Taeyeon’s heart races as she gazes at the rich girl’s perfect side profile and styled hair as Tiffany looks down away from her because being alone with her still sounds so much like a date, “Um..” Taeyeon begins and Tiffany looks at her with her nervous brown eyes their proximity closer than she thought, “I don’t know… like the movies… or shopping… the amusement park again…. Or we could… just… go to your house…” Taeyeon says softly leaning closer and Tiffany’s heart races. 

“Tiff! Tiff!” Sooyoung calls and Tiffany immediately moves back from Taeyeon because they were too close, too close for friends, “Isn’t this your song?”

She didn’t even notice but she needs some space, “I-Im going to the bathroom.” Tiffany tells Sooyoung and gets up walking out the room. 

Sooyoung follows her out, “Wait Tiff.” Tiffany looks back and Sooyoung catches up, “Is it her?”

“What?”

“The reason you broke up with Taehyun. Is it because Taeyeon is the girl you have feelings for?”

Tiffany grips her dress, “W-what!? No! It’s not like that…”

“Are you sure because you’re acting the same way you do around a guy you like.”

Tiffany blushes, “No I’m not!”

“You were flirting with her and that dress? You definitely wore that to impress someone. Also you love heals but you wore flats. You can't fool me Tiff.”

Tiffany takes a deep breath, “Just leave it ok!”


*** 


“I’m going to order another drink.” Sunny says and goes to the phone. 

Taeyeon is left sitting and Jessica gestures with her hand for Taeyeon to come back to her couch ,”What?”

“Come here.” Jessica frowns 

Taeyeon reluctantly gets up and sits next to the blonde girl, “ I thought you said you were friends!?”

“We are.”

“Uhh no you’re not. You look like a couple.”

“We were a couple like a week ago and it didn’t last long… she likes guys. She’s made that pretty clear…”


***


When Tiffany gets back she doesn’t look at Taeyeon again and they’re back to where they started. She knew it would be like this because Tiffany does this. She gives these weird signals and then acts like it never happened and Taeyeon ends up thinking she’s the one that did something wrong because she can’t treat her as a friend at least not yet. The memory of touching Tiffany’s body is too fresh. She can’t all of a sudden change. Taeyeon isn’t really concentrating on anything as Sooyoung sings. 

Jessica links her arm with Taeyeon and that brings her back to the real world, “J-jess?”

“These seem to be the only things that get your attention.” She jokes 

“Sometimes I wonder what you think of me.”

The blonde girl thinks, “Truthfully… a lesbian ert.”

“It’s natural to be interested in those things…”

Jessica raises her eyebrow and whispers in Taeyeon’s ear, “Do you think I’m asleep when you …you know. What do you think about? Or should I say who?”

Is she talking about… 

Taeyeon’s face goes bright red, “You don’t get it! When I’m a male it starts to hurt!” she blurts out but the most surprising part is when Tiffany grabs her hand and drags her out the room. 

“Did you hear what I…” Taeyeon begins but Tiffany interrupts her. 

“What is your relationship with Jessica!” Tiffany accuses because she couldn’t stand watching them any longer. When Jessica whispered in Taeyeon’s ear it became too much. It irritates her that just a week after Taeyeon said she loves her she’s now flirting with someone else. 

“Nothing!”

“Nothing!? Did you think because we’re friends now you can just go get another girlfriend!”

Technically I could! You didn’t even message! 

“She’s not my girlfriend! I really don’t get it! If you like me just say it!” Taeyeon accuses, “This friends thing obviously isn’t working!”

Tiffany’s face goes red, “W-what! Is that what you think!? You think that I like you!? I’m just not used to this whole gender swapping thing! And I’m still angry at you! You lied to me! I like hot guys that are taller than me! You’re a girl and you’re shorter than me Taeyeon! It’s not happening!”

Taeyeon can’t hold it anymore so she steps forward and pins Tiffany against the wall. Taeyeon often sees Tiffany in her school uniform and she looks stunning in that but when she wears her fashionable casual clothes it's like she's a model. Her perfect flowy hair falls over her exposed milky skin shoulder and partially revealed cleavage only barely hidden by her black dress. Taeyeon's breathing and her heart rate increase as she stares at the shocked brunette in front of her that now looks so much weaker and more vulnerable than her strong words from a second ago, “You don’t feel anything? Because I feel a lot right now.” Taeyeon grips the wall, “I can’t stop the way I feel about you.” 

Tiffany swallows as her heart rate sounds through her head. She grips the bottom of Taeyeon’s sweater. Taeyeon doesn’t look the way a girl should look to her. She looks attractive, so attractive and when Taeyeon wears jeans and an oversized sweater like she is at the moment it makes her look handsome , like Taehyun and it’s confusing. She looks down away from Taeyeon’s eyes. 

Taeyeon stares at Tiffany’s lips and slowly minimizes the distance between them. The brunette looks back up and tightens her grip on the other girl’s sweater but doesn’t push her away. 

A moment before their lips touch the door opens and Sooyoung walks out, “S-Sorry!” she immediately apologizes but it’s too late because the moment is ruined and Tiffany pushes Taeyeon back. 

“Sooyoung let’s go!” Tiffany panics and grabs the taller girl’s hand dragging her out. 


*** 


Taeyeon lies with her face facing the wall in her bed. She’s curled up and frustrated because her argument with Tiffany. 

I can't believe her! She's so confusing! And hot! ing hot... But I'm not falling for it! 

Jessica can tell Taeyeon is sulking again so she speaks up, “She’s just making you depressed.” Taeyeon doesn’t answer but Jessica knows she’s still awake so she continues, “ Technically… I would also be your type. You don’t think I’m attractive?”

Why is she asking that? Well I've seen her before... 

Taeyeon swallows, “You’re …attractive.”


*Next day *


Sooyoung grins at Tiffany while they eat their lunch. The brunette sighs and eventually says something. 

“What?”

“You and Taeyeon make a cute Lesbian couple.”

Tiffany puts her chopsticks down, “This again?”

“How can I not say anything when she was pinning you against the wall and you were loving it.” Sooyoung teases 

“I told you we’re just friends!”

“Yeah friends with benefits.”

Tiffany’s face goes red, “I can’t believe you!”

“Does Taehyun know you have a thing for his sister?”

The brunette is about to retort but she gets a message from Taeyeon so she checks her phone to see what she has to say ,”I’m sorry, I won’t do anything like that anymore.”

Don’t apologize… 

“Its fine. Do you want to go shopping today…”

Girls go shopping together. That’s normal. Then we don’t have to be weird anymore and I can still see her...

“Who are you messaging?” Sooyoung asks 

Tiffany puts her phone away, “It’s no one.”

Sooyoung smirks, “Yeah I know what that means.”


*** 


Taeyeon and Tiffany meet up at the mall and she’s met with the male Taeyeon. She wants to hit herself for forgetting to ask because this wasn’t what she had in mind. She wanted to remind herself that Taeyeon is a girl through shopping together and talking about girly things but now she’s out shopping with a guy. The guy she’s slept with. 

“You should have told me you were Taehyun today!” She complains 

Taeyeon frowns, “I didn’t think it mattered. Male or female I’m still ‘Taeyeon’ remember.”

Tiffany sighs, “I know that…”

The black haired male sees how Tiffany seems kind of down, “About yesterday… “

Tiffany interrupts, “Let’s just… try to be normal.”

I don’t know what that means…

 

*** 


They walk around and Tiffany enters a small expensive shop. The ones that you look at and wonder who shops there. Sometimes Taeyeon forgets because when they're just normally together Tiffany doesn't talk about money or about the things she has. Taeyeon sits down by the change room while Tiffany tries on some clothes. She walks out wearing the last item , a beautiful red dress .

“What do you think of this one?” She asks hoping for some constructive criticism. However Taeyeon is blown away by how pretty the brunette looks and doesn’t have any good opinions in mind.  

“I think… it’s really pretty.” She says again 

You’re really pretty  as always 

“You said that for all of them.”

“They’re all pretty.”

“You’re making it hard for me to believe you’re a girl.” She comments 

“It’s not my fault! You’re so beautiful that everything you wear looks pretty!” Taeyeon says then gets embarrassed at her statement and realizes this is probably the not being normal Tiffany was talking about. 

Tiffany blushes and looks away, “Thank you.” She says shyly then walks back into the luxurious change room. 

A few moments later Tiffany calls, “Can you fetch the staff. The zipper is stuck.”

Taeyeon looks around but the only staff is busy with another customer. There aren't many staff because they don't expect two people to be buying their clothes at the same time. Taeyeon sees how scary the female client looks. She looks very important and she doesn't want to interrupt so she decides to enter the change room. 

Tiffany immediately bashes the male, “I told you to fetch the staff!” she whisper shouts 

“She was busy! I’ve seen you before I didn’t think it would be a big deal!”

The brunette’s face goes red, “Of course it’s a big deal stupid!” She sighs and turns around lifting her hair to reveal the zipper and her hidden nape, “Just do it.”

Taeyeon understands where Tiffany is coming from as she stares at the brunette’s seductive nape which makes her heart race. She grabs the zipper and tries to wiggle it and loosen it. It was slightly caught on the fabric but wasn’t too much of a hassle. She slowly moves the zipper down while her attention moves to Tiffany’s sensual back. The rich girl takes off the dress letting it fall to the ground. Now she’s left in her fancy white underwear. Her curves clear for Taeyeon to see and the male starts getting memories. 

Taeyeon stares at Tiffany’s and the brunette can see the male from the mirror so she takes a deep breath and turns around guiding Taeyeon out the change room, “Okay I need to change now.”

Taeyeon gets pushed out the change room but has to cover her from thinking about the time they had . 

Why now ? I hope she didn't  see... 


*** 


They start walking to the next shop while Taeyeon carries the bags, Tiffany ended up buying all the clothes she tried on in the end and Tiffany looks happy when she shops but Taeyeon hasn’t seen the usual happy Tiffany that she’s used to so Taeyeon is about to grab Tiffany’s hand but she hesitates and instead she grabs Tiffany’s wrist. 

The brunette is surprised by the sudden gesture, “Taeyeon!?”

“Let me take you somewhere.”

Taeyeon leads Tiffany to the game arcade and Tiffany gives a look to Taeyeon. 

“Too old for the arcade?” Taeyeon jokes 

“I don’t even think I went as a kid.”

“What!? You missed out on your childhood.” Taeyeon teases 

Tiffany pushes Taeyeon, “My childhood was fine.”


*** 


They play some games together and it’s like they’re back to before anything happened. They’re back to before Tiffany knew the truth and things became awkward . 

Taeyeon beats Tiffany at sinking more balls in the hoop and looks at her with a smug face. 

“You’ve done this before!” She makes an excuse 

“Yeah but you’re from America you should be great at this.”

“I am great at this.”

Taeyeon looks at her then laughs, “If you say so.”

The brunette punches the male’s arm then sees a hello Kitty claw machine and gets excited, “Oh my God! Tae! Those are so cute!” She points and rushes off to it. Taeyeon catches up and Tiffany looks through the glass, “I’m going to try.”

“It’s impossible to get anything from these.”

“Just wait and see.” She says putting a coin in. It ends in disappointment when the plushy falls out of the claw. 

“Told you.”

Tiffany looks up to Taeyeon cutely, “I was so close.”

“I’ll try…” Taeyeon offers and puts a coin in. Tiffany watches in anticipation as the plushy gets held by the claw then drops into the hole, “I got it!” Taeyeon can’t even believe it because this is probably the first time she’s actually got something from these. 

Tiffany jumps in excitement, “You actually got it!” 

Taeyeon grins, “Looks like today is my lucky…” Tiffany gives Taeyeon a big hug, “…day.”

Really lucky 

Tiffany let’s go of the male and takes the plushy out with a huge smile on her face. Her usual breathtaking smile that Taeyeon is so glad to see again. Taeyeon can’t help smiling as she looks at the brunette. Tiffany looks over at the handsome male, “Thank you. I had a lot of fun today.” She says shyly then looks back at the hello kitty plushy. 

Note to self, Tiffany loves gifts. 


*** 


Jessica is walking along the street back to Taeyeon's house when all of a sudden someone taps her shoulder. She immediately looks back and swears to herself. 

“Unnie.” Seohyun says 

“It’s been a while…”