Swapping

Confused

Taeyeon wakes up and notices straight away. She puts her hand under her shirt to feel her soft s then checks her pants. 

Gone! 

The black haired girl jumps up from the mattress and shakes her sleeping friend, “Sunny! Sunny! Sunny!” 

“What…” She mumbles 

“It happened! I turned back! I’m a girl again!” Taeyeon says excitedly 

Sunny opens her eyes to see her female friend in baggy men’s clothing, “Taeyeon! You’re back! What happened!”

“I have no clue! I woke up like this!” 

Sunny sighs in relief, “Thank God.. I was getting worried… I thought you might be into girls yesterday…”

“H-Huh! No! I was just happy I made a new friend…”

“Well it’s over now and you don’t have to see that girl anymore.”

I won’t see her? 

“Yeah…” Taeyeon replies kind of dejected, “I should go home and see my mom before she leaves for work . She was starting to leave me angry messages…”

“Yeah of course. I’ll see you at school.”


*** 


Taeyeon goes home and gets scolded by her mom for not coming home yesterday. She also gets questioned by her brother about some of his missing clothes but she manages to get away from him by insisting she has to get ready for school. The scolding didn’t even upset her because she’s just happy she can go home and she’s even happy to go to school. Although it was only 2 days she was filled with the worry that her life might never return to how it was. 


*** 


Tiffany sits at her usual table separated from the other tables at break in the beautifully decorated cafeteria which looks more like a ballroom. She sees the other students whisper about her and she sighs. 

Her best friend Sooyoung walks up to the table and sits down , “Look who came to school today.” She teases 

Tiffany smiles, “I wish I didn’t . I hate having to deal with this all the time.” She looks to the group of people looking at them and they immediately look away 

“Yeah I’ve heard the rumors, , snitch, . You know all that.”

“If they would just talk to me then they’d know that it’s all lies.”

“Well Tiff you know how jealousy works. They aren’t used to someone being prettier than them, richer than them but you have me so it can’t be that bad.”

“You’re the only decent person in this place.”

“Yeah… even the guys aren’t that great. Sure they’re handsome but that’s about it…”

Tiffany plays with her hair, “Yeah… guys…”

“Did you meet someone?”

Tiffany blushes, “Kind of.”

Sooyoung smirks, “Kind of? Who is it? Is it Nichkhun ?I thought you had a thing for him.”

“No! It’s not Nichkhun! He doesn’t go here.”

“He doesn’t go here!? Those guys are even worse. He’s either after your looks or your money.”

“He doesn’t know who I am ok!”

“So after your looks.”

“He’s not like that… he isn’t like the other guys… he’s really easy to talk to and I kind of feel like he understands me…and he’s really hot.”

“Maybe he’s gay.” Sooyoung jokes 

Tiffany thinks back to her interactions with the handsome young man, “I don’t think so.”


***


During break at school Taeyeon sneaks away from Sunny to go to the bathroom then she takes out her phone and goes to Tiffany’s number. 

Ill never see her again? But… I want to be friends… 

Taeyeon goes to her kakaotalk and adds Tiffany, “Hi its Taey…” She immediately backspaces to type, “Hi it’s Taehyun.”

“Hi (-;"

Taeyeon smiles at her phone like an idiot ,”Were you waiting for me to message you?”

This is how I talk to all my friend’s… right? 

“I’m always on my phone stupid .”

“You weren’t on your phone yesterday when we were talking.”

“I made a special exception… who’s that in your profile picture?”

! At least I set my name as Taengoo! 

Taeyeon completely forgot that she set a picture of herself as her profile picture ,”She’s my sister.”

“She looks like you. Isn’t it kind of weird to set her as your profile picture ?”

Taeyeon thinks for a while, “I lost a bet.”

I need to change that. 

“I like your sister already. Next time you lose a bet to me I’ll make you set me as your profile picture.”

Taeyeon grins, “What makes you think I’ll lose?”

“I’ll distract you with my beauty.”

“You are very pre…” Taeyeon back spaces, “That won’t work.”

“You seemed kind of distracted yesterday.”

Why does she have to be so pretty? Wait… do I still think she’s pretty? Well you don’t have to be a guy to think another girl is pretty ….

The bell rings for the end of break .

“The bell rang I have to go. Talk later.”

Should I tell her? But we hardly know each other what if she won’t believe me… 


*** 


Taeyeon goes back to her classroom to see the teacher isn’t there yet. 

“Taeyeon where were you at break?” Sunny asks 

“Just… the bathroom.”

Sunny looks at her friend who is obviously hiding something ,”And?”

Taeyeon sighs, “Why can’t I ever hide anything from you.”

“Because I’ve known you since we were kids. Now spill.”

“Ok… I was messaging Tiffany.” Sunny punches her friend in the shoulder causing Taeyeon to let out a moan and rub herself to take away the pain, “What was that for!?”

“I told you not to talk to her! Are you pretending to be a guy!?”

Taeyeon scratches the back of her head ,”Technically I never told her I was a guy…”

“But what if she likes you?”

Tiffany liking me… 

The black haired girl swallows, “T-that’s not… It’s not like that!”

“It definitely won’t be when she finds out you’re a girl.”

Yeah… 


*** 


After school Taeyeon has a lot of work to catch up on so she spends the rest of the day doing homework on her desk in her room. 

We get too much work… they already keep us at school till like 5. I wonder if Tiffany went to school today? Does she really go to SM academy? 

Jiwoong barges into Taeyeon’s room, “Are you sure you haven’t seen my black Jersey? It was my favorite one. “

That was your favorite?

Taeyeon sighs, “Haven’t seen it. What would I do with your Jersey anyway?”

“Just let me know if you find it.” He says before closing the door 

I gave that jersey to tiffany… 

Taeyeon pauses her studying and takes out her phone. She changes her profile picture to kaonashi then messages Tiffany ,”Did you go to school today?”

“I went and it was a total drag.”

“Same… I’ve been working all day.”

“School in America was way better .”

“When did you move?”

“End of middle school…”

“Why?” There isn’t a reply and Taeyeon realizes she might have asked a very personal question, “ Sorry.”

“It’s fine it’s just I might not have been that honest with you.”

Taeyeon takes a deep breath, “Really?”

“I’d prefer to tell you in person. Can we meet up tomorrow?”

The black haired girl stares at the message and sees her reflection in the screen. The reflection of her female self. 

“Tomorrow… I’m very busy.” Taeyeon types slowly and sends the message 

“Let me know when you have time.”

Taeyeon leans back on her chair and sighs. 

What am I doing? You’re not the one who hasn’t been honest… 


*Next day *


Taeyeon moves around in her bed fidgeting from her morning tiredness. She tries to stretch then pauses half way to put her hand down her pants. 

AGAIN! 

She gets up to look in the mirror and as expected she’s male again. A handsome young teenage boy. 

I changed back? Why? I’m so confused! Tiffany … this is great! This is great? 

“TaeTae I have to leave early today! Your dad has already left so make sure to wake Jiwoong!” She calls because she could hear Taeyeon moving around. 

Taeyeon tries her best to clear , “Ok!”

How am I meant to wake Jiwoong!? 

The young man goes to her brother’s bedroom door and knocks with no response. 

“Oppa!” She tries to call but is met with silence. 
She sighs and opens the door walking to her brother’s bed,  “Oppa!”

“5 more minutes…”

Taeyeon shakes her brother lightly but unexpectedly he opens his eyes to get a full view of his sister’s male appearance, “What the !”

“It’s a long story…”

“T-TAETAE!?” He shouts 

Taeyeon explains to her brother about what happened and he surprising accepts it easily probably because he was still half asleep. 

“I knew you took my jersey.” He accuses 

“Is that important right now!?”

“Maybe it will wear off.”

Taeyeon sighs, “… I need to call Sunny.”

She goes back to her room and calls her friend, “Can you cover for me again ?”

“Your voice… don’t tell me… AGAIN!?”

“That’s what I said! Maybe it’s not a permanent change and I keep swapping or something!”

Sunny sighs, “I thought we got this sorted out. Ok don’t worry I’ll cover for you… we’re going to have to come up with some kind of plan…”

“Yeah… I thought this was over… I guess not…. I’ll look for Jessica again today…”

“Sorry Taeyeon…”

“Its not your fault.”


*** 


The male Taeyeon put on one of the outfits Tiffany bought for her and spent the whole day searching again. This time she got a lot more girl’s coming up to her because of her stylish, expensive clothes. She finally decides to sit on a bench to relax. 

Is it even any use? Is it even that bad… I can’t see Tiffany if I’m a girl . She had something to tell me. This is my chance. 

Taeyeon takes out her phone ,” I have time to meet up.”

“Can you meet me at my house?”

Her house… 


*** 


Taeyeon goes to the address Tiffany gave her and has to stand in awe at the mansion. 

She is rich… 

Tiffany opens the door and Taeyeon is met with the stunning brunette still in the SM academy uniform. A short pleaded skirt, white shirt and tight blazer with the emblem. Taeyeon can’t help noticing that the girl’s s are practically dying to break out of that blazer and she ends up swallowing. 

“As you can see I go to SM academy.” She says and Taeyeon breaks her view on Tiffany’s assets to look at her face. 

“Was that what you were hiding?”

“Not only that... We can talk in my room.”


*** 


They sit on Tiffany’s pink bed located in her room on the second floor of the mansion. It’s beautifully decorated and very large for a room. There’s an overall feeling of emptiness. Taeyeon takes a moment to realize that technically she’s a teenage boy and she’s sitting on a teenage girl’s bed in an empty house. 

No! We’re both girl’s !

“My dad is the chairman.” Tiffany breaks the silence as if it the situation wasn’t that weird, “The other day when you wanted to walk me to the car I kind of panicked because when people find out they start treating me differently but that’s who I am so I decided I wanted to tell you.”

So Sunny was right… 

“You don’t have to worry about that. I think that it doesn’t matter where people come from. They can be rich or poor ,male or female what matters is how they are.”

She smiles at Taeyeon in a way that would make anyone’s heart race then she looks away, “It’s weird. I feel like I can tell you things . You don’t feel like a stranger. Remember you asked me why I moved…” Tiffany takes a deep breath, “Well my parent’s are divorced. I was living with my mom in America but then I came here to live with my dad for a bit… he’s not home much”

“I’m sorry…”

“It’s fine. That’s how life is sometimes right? I’m not the only one who has divorced parents… What about you? I want to know more about you.”

Taeyeon looks down at her male legs, “About me…” She looks up away from herself, “I’m not a very interesting person. I’ve just lived a normal life. Gone to a normal school, played with my brother Jiwoong, hung out with my best friend Sunny.”

“I think you’re interesting.” Tiffany says looking up to Taeyeon with her mesmerizing eyes and Taeyeon ends up returning the gaze. 

“I didn’t have a good image of SM Academy but you’re different from how I thought.”

“How am I different?” 

Taeyeon swallows at their deep stare and relatively close proximity. Up close she can clearly see the brunette’s features. Tiffany’s eyes are deep and inviting , her hair shines as it gets hit by the light , her skin looks smooth and perfect and her lips are big and glossy. They look more seductive by the second, “You’re … nice and… cheerful and… interesting… and your smile makes me feel…”

“Taehyun…”

Taeyeon notices their faces slowly moving closer together while she was staring at Tiffany’s lips and up close Tiffany just smells…so good, “Can you call me Tae?”

Her heart beats out of control as she can hear Tiffany’s breathing, their noses almost touching, Tiffany holds Taeyeon’s nervous hand ,”Tae…” She whispers seductively 

Taeyeon’s pants feel tight and she realizes she has a raging hard on that is starting to feel kind of painful which brings her back to reality. 

WHAT AM I DOING! 

She panics and moves back putting distance between them then she stands up but her is making her feel uncomfortable so she can’t help covering it with her hands. 

“S-Sorry I thought you liked me…” Tiffany begins then her eyes immediately go down to the hands Taeyeon is using to cover her pants. 

The black haired young man’s face goes bright red, “N-No! It’s not like that! This is just! I-I should… I should go!”


*** 


Taeyeon rushes out the house trying to take deep breaths to calm herself and make her go down 

WE ALMOST KISSED! AND I REALLY WANTED TO! BUT IM LYING TO HER! I SHOULDN’T BE FEELING THIS WAY! THIS IS BECAUSE IM A GUY RIGHT NOW! IF I WAS A GIRL I WOULDN’T !

She runs along the street no clue where she’s going until she sees a blonde girl in a white dress and all other thoughts stop ,”JESSICA!” she calls 

The girl looks back and there is no denying that is the girl she has been searching for.  She smiles widely from relief but the girl looks freaked out by someone running at her so she starts running. 

“NO!  WAIT !” Taeyeon shouts but she doesn’t stop. She follows the girl into an alleyway, “IT’S TAEYEON!” She tries to say out of breath and the girl stops. 

“Taeyeon?” She questions, “So your wish did work! I was kinda worried that it wasn’t going to.”

“It didn’t work! Well it did sort of! But I didn’t want this in the first place! I turned into a guy and then a girl again and now I’m a guy!”

Jessica takes a moment, “Ohhh…”

“You have to change me back!” Taeyeon takes a moment to think, “Actually turn me into a guy permanently!”

What am I saying! 

“Umm… yeah… that’s not happening.”

“What!? Why!?”

“Well you see I’m actually …not from here.”

“An angel?”

Jessica frowns, “Yes…how did you know?”

“It was either that or a fairy”

“So… I’ve been on earth for too long… my powers are kind of gone… mostly .”

“WHAT! SO WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!” Taeyeon freaks out 

“Your wish took up too much power! But thanks to that the guys who were following me gave up. But swapping genders… my superiors are going to kill me if they find out!”

“So can you help me?” Taeyeon almost begs 

“I can’t… but maybe if I wait a while I’ll get some power back…”

“How long?”

“No clue…”

“But I can’t even sleep in my own bed when I’m a guy! I can’t go to school!” 

Jessica takes out her wand and taps Taeyeon, “Now you can.”

“What did you do? I thought you had no powers?” Taeyeon frowns 

“This is something simple I always use on myself. It hardly takes anything. Basically now people won’t be so suspicious. You can go to school as a guy and people won’t even question you.”

Taeyeon sighs, “This is a mess…”

“Ok well bye.” Jessica says and is about to walk off but Taeyeon grabs her hand. 

“How am I meant to contact you.”

“Ill let you know if my powers come back.” She says nonchalantly 

“But what if I need to ask you somethin—“ Before Taeyeon finishes Jessica vanishes out of her hand. 

She isn’t lying to me is she? I don’t even know what I want anymore… 

 

A/N: Thank you for the support!!! I'm still not sure where this is going but please keep letting me know what you think! ^^