It Never Works

Confused

“Taeyeon. Taeyeon. Taengoo.” Sunny shakes her friend that is burying her head into her school desk. Trying to block out all her surroundings, “Did something happen?”

“My mom… saw me and Tiffany… sharing a bed …”

“! What did she say!?” 

Taeyeon has a minor flash back of how her mother kicked Tiffany out the house and shouted at her until she escaped to school. She seems strong now but she’s actually trying to hold back her tears so the other students don’t see her crying, “She doesn’t believe me…” Taeyeon raises her head to look at Sunny ,”I told her that I’m gay and she grounded me.”

Sunny bends down and gives her friend a hug after she sees Taeyeon’s pain in her eyes, “Don’t worry Taeyeon. She was probably just shocked. Your parents are really nice. Their idea of punishment is shutting you in the house without taking away your phone or your ipad.”

Taeyeon can’t hold back, “I feel like I let her down!”

Sunny pulls back from the hug and looks at her friend, “Taeyeon. Your girlfriend’s pretty, rich and has a good personality.”

Taeyeon smiles as she thinks about Tiffany, “She is really great...” her smile fades, “But I can’t see her because I’m grounded.” Taeyeon buries her head into her desk again. Amongst her sadness she can still feel herself falling asleep from lack of sleep. 

Tiffany has so much… energy…wow 

“I shouldn’t have said anything.”

Yuri and Jessica walk into the room cheerfully chatting and laughing. Taeyeon raises her head as she hears them. Her eyes meet Jessica’s but the other girl looks away. Taeyeon stands up and walks up to Jessica pulling her away, “Can I talk to you privately?”

Jessica feels Taeyeon’s hand around her. She blushes, “What is it?”

“I don’t think you can live with me anymore…”

Jessica frowns and breaks Taeyeon’s grip, “What!?”

“My mom knows I’m…” Taeyeon leans forward and whispers, “Gay.”

“So? That doesn’t affect me.” Jessica says sternly upset that Taeyeon is kicking her out. 

“It’s not just that… I don’t like lying to Tiffany. Yesterday I had to tell her all your clothes were mine.”

“Are you serious!? You’re kicking me out because Tiffany will get jealous!? That’s her problem! Don’t you see how controlling she is!”

“She just has good leadership skills” Taeyeon says softly 

“I can’t believe this.” 

“I’ll talk to Sunny and see if you can stay with her. We’ll still see each other at school.” The bell rings for the beginning of the lesson, “We’ll talk about this later. “

What else am I supposed to do. If Tiffany was sleeping in the same room as another guy every night I would hate it. 

Before going to her class Yuri stops to talk to Jessica who now looks upset, “What did she say?”

“She told me I can’t live with her anymore.”

“Maybe… that would actually be better. She’s already seeing someone but you have feelings for her. You were so upset yesterday… distance would be good. You can stay with me.”

“I thought out of everyone you would have my back.” Jessica turns away from Yuri and continues walking to her desk leaving the tan girl who isn’t sure what to say because she thought she did have her back. 

 

*** 


After school everyone decided to travel around to show Yuri the living world. Seohyun was excited that now she was the knowledgeable one as she already started explaining things to Yuri as they walked out of school but Taeyeon is grounded and has to go straight home. She opens the door to her house to see her mother doing dishes in the kitchen. 

“I’m home…” Taeyeon announces and her mom looks back. 

“Welcome home. I told your father he’ll have to work by himself at the store in the evening so I can come home earlier.” She explains as if her anger from the morning was an illusion as she dries the plate in her hands. 

Taeyeon slowly walks closer, “Mom… about this morning… about what I told you… about being—”

Her mom’s hand stops circling the plate with the towel, “We don’t have to talk about that because it’s never going to happen again. We can pretend it never happened.”

The black haired girl loses her voice as she feels like something is stuck in , “I’m …going to my room…” 

Taeyeon collapses on her bed and hugs her pillow. Her phone vibrates but It takes her a while before she checks the message. 

“<3 <3 <3 Taeyeonie don’t be sad. I’m always here for you. I think I understand how you felt when my dad talked about who he wanted me to be with because I felt that way this morning when your mom kicked me out... She doesn’t want me to be with you either...she told me never to get close to you again. Even though I understood, it hurt a lot… and I can’t do what she wants. I want to be close to you. “

Fany-ah 

Taeyeon reads the message many times while she thinks about what to reply it takes her an hour before she sends ,” I know my mom will love you. I should have told her sooner so she didn’t have to find out that way… please don’t be hurt. I got grounded so I might not be able to see you for a while but why does it already feel like I haven’t seen you in a long time?”

Taeyeon sees her sent message in the chat and cringes at herself pushing her head into her pillow. 

I’ve been saying a lot of things like that recently. I used to hate couples like this  

Her phone vibrates and she quickly looks at her new message, “Do you miss me already Tae? I miss you too! <3”

The small girl blushes and smiles at her phone . She can see Tiffany’s amazing eye smile and cute heart gesture just from the message ,”How was your day?”

“I hate biology and maths so much! I can tell you now I’ll never need to use these weird equations we have to do! I’m not planning on being a physicist! Why can’t we learn about fashion at school!? And Biology OH MY GOD! I felt so sick! Just ew! Can they not put such gross pictures in our text books?? What about your day”

Taeyeon takes a few moments to decipher the English and Korean mess. Sometimes Tiffany just gives up on trying to turn her thoughts into Korean especially in her messages. 

Uhh…Physicist? Just ew? Tiffany I’m not American… 

As soon as she gets what Tiffany is saying she holds back a laugh ,”Fany-ah the pictures aren’t that bad. I think they’re cool. Your day seems more exciting than mine. I was having a hard time staying awake during class.”

“Oh really? Was something keeping you up?” 

You! 

Taeyeon grins while she thinks about yesterday ,”Someone wouldn’t let me go to sleep.”

“Be grateful because you’re grounded now. ;)” She teases 

No … 

“How could my mom do this to me?”

“Some people wait till marriage Tae. I think you’ll be fine.”

She says this but she’s worse than me 


***


Jessica enters Taeyeon’s room and her eyes immediately meet the shorter girl’s ,”Sica…” The black haired girl sits up on the bed and Jessica looks away avoiding further eye contact while she puts her school bag down. 

“Sica.” Taeyeon reaches for Jessica’s wrist but as if predicting it the blonde moves her hand away .

She looks at Taeyeon, “Do you expect me to be like oh yeah I’d love to move out because it was so horrible here and I didn’t enjoy talking to you every night or spending time with your family! Eating together and thinking this is what it feels like to actually have a family!” She confesses in the moment 

“I didn’t know that’s how you felt…”

Jessica takes a deep breath to calm herself but her emotions aren’t listening,” I’m the stupid one… for getting too comfortable here…”

Taeyeon stands up and walks closely to Jessica, “It’s not stupid. You’re always welcome here. I want you to know that…I care about you.”

“But you care about Tiffany more! Obviously!”

“It’s just a different kind of care! Just like how I care about Sunny, I care about you! I can’t care about you the same way as Tiffany! You wouldn’t like it either right!? You’re always grossed out by it!”

Jessica grips Taeyeon’s arm and leans forward pressing her lips against the korean beauty’s .Taeyeon is frozen solid by the surprise and what’s happening doesn’t even register. Jessica doesn’t try to deepen the kiss but it’s already obvious it isn’t a kiss between friends. Only a few seconds pass but it feels like minutes before Jessica pulls back ,”You don’t know me as well as you think.” She says before looking towards her clothes scattered by Taeyeons cupboard, “I-I’ll get Yuri to transport them.” She looks back at Taeyeon who hasn’t moved and she blushes before she rushes out the room. 

Taeyeon stumbles back a few steps till she hits her bed and collapses into a sitting position. 

What was that… I kissed another girl… 

 

*** 


Jessica groans on Yuri’s bed and turns but her motion is interrupted by the taller girl’s body who is innocently playing on her new phone. 

“Can’t you get us another bed?” Jessica asks 

“It’s God’s power we aren’t allowed to misuse it.” Yuri says without turning her gaze. 

“Did you really just explain that to me?” Jessica sees Yuri making strange faces, “What are you doing?” She shuffles closer to see Yuri playing with the Snow app 

“Look I’m a rabbit now! This is so fun!” She exclaims when Jessica’s face enters the screen and the filter goes onto her as well ,”So cute!”

Jessica smiles, “Me? Yeah I know.”

“Come closer let me take a picture.”

The blonde snuggles herself up to Yuri and the tan girl takes a cute picture of them together. She smiles at the picture then notices Jessica resting her head on her shoulder. She feels her heart rate increasing, “The living world has such nice things I might not want to leave.” She says to hide her awkwardness. 

Jessica sits up and grabs Yuri’s phone, “Let me put my number in.” as she types in her number she begins again, “So you still want to go back?”

“I don’t know… I can’t just stay… I’m already in trouble. I heard that they’re putting a ban on angels coming here because of all the fallen angels recently so I snuck out before it’s too late. That’s probably why Seohyun is making use of her time too.”

Jessica puts Yuri’s phone down, “They’re putting a ban!? Again!? Why didn’t Seohyun say anything!?”

“I’m not meant to say anything to you either! You’re a bad angel!” Yuri teases 

Jessica bashes Yuri, “Do you want me to turn you into a bad angel!” She threatens 

Yuri laughs, “How are you going to do that?”

Jessica uses Yuri’s phone to search something then hands over the phone with a sly smile, “Here watch this.”

“What is it…” Yuri’s words stop as soon as she sees the male on a females s. She covers the screen in a rush and jessica laughs. Yuri slowly moves her hand and watches intently. 

The blonde frowns, “Ok I think you’ve seen enough.” She says as she tries to take the phone away but Yuri moves it. 

“Wait I want to see what happens.”

Jessica’s face goes red as she hears the moans coming from the video, “You can watch more in your own time!”

“? I thought this was ?”

The blonde grabs Yuri’s arm and presses her down onto the bed while she takes the phone out of the other girl’s hand, “Watching is called .”

“Did you do that stuff?” Yuri asks while she looks at the smaller girl pinning her down. 

“Kind of…” 

Yuri’s heart races and she swallows and pulls Jessica down onto the bed pinning her down like how the guy did in the video, “Like this?” 

She stares at Jessica’s flushed face and vulnerable body. She’s never seen Jessica looking this way before and it gives her a weird feeling. The same feeling she got when she felt Jessica’s body on hers. Jessica looks away from Yuri’s stare, “You’re only supposed to do this with someone you’re attracted to.”

“How do you know you’re attracted to someone?”

“You’ll just know.” Jessica pushes Yuri back, “I shouldn’t be the one to show you these things.”

“Why? You want to do these things with Taeyeon.”

Jessica looks away from Yuri in embarrassment, “J-Just because. You haven’t been here long enough. Yuri you don’t get it …those types of feelings…”

“Yeah I don’t get it. is for reproducing. I don’t know why you’d want to do it with a girl.” Yuri gets up from the bed, “I’m going to have a shower…”

 

*** 


“We haven’t had a sleep over in ages.” Sooyoung says while Tiffany is busy painting her toenails a pretty pink on her bed in her frilly white pajamas and the taller girl is reading one of the rich girl’s recently bought fashion magazines in her baby blue pajamas next to her. 

I’m still scared from the horror movie… 

“Sleep overs are fun.”

“Now that you’re into girls do I have to worry about anything? Maybe I should sleep in another room” Sooyoung jokes 

“No way! I can’t imagine doing anything with you.”

Sooyoung puts her magazine down, “What? Am I not pretty enough?”

Tiffany smiles and bashes her with her free hand, “You’re never going to let this go are you?”

“I feel cheated that I listened to you go on about Dennis Oh for three years.”

Tiffany closes the lid on her nail polish ,”Dennis Oh still has a special place in my heart.”

“Ok then if Taeyeon and Dennis Oh were drowning who would you save first?” The brunette covers as she thinks about it, “Be honest it’s Dennis Oh.” 

 ”Taeyeon.” Tiffany blushes 

“You got it bad~” Sooyoung smirks 

Tiffany lies back down on her bed and covers her face, “Really bad.” She slowly moves her hands down to touch her heart and smiles , “So bad…Like I can kind of see a future…with Taeyeon.”

“A future?”

“N-nevermind.”

Sooyoung smiles, “No tell me. I think it’s nice. I want to find a boyfriend who I can settle down with. I always think about those things too.”

Tiffany lightly fiddles with her pajama top out of shyness ,”I-I don’t know like moving in together and getting a puppy. ” She blushes 

Then we’ll be like a family 

“Did you tell Taeyeon?”

“No I haven’t told Taeyeon! We haven’t been going out for that long! I’ll tell her after a while…”

“You’re so cute Tiff. "

 

*One week later *


“So you’re not grounded from tomorrow?” Tiffany asks while she video calls Taeyeon at night while they’re both lying on their beds 

“Yeah so I can finally see you again.” 

“You’re looking at me right now.” Tiffany jokes with a sly smile 

Taeyeon blushes, “But it’s not the same.”

Tiffany adjusts her position on the bed and Taeyeon gets a clear view down the brunettes loose pink pajama top to see her s and she’s left staring trying to see through the fabric, “Um Taeyeon?” Tiffany comments 

Taeyeon immediately returns her gaze to the brunettes face ,”There’s been something else on my mind too…”

Tiffany lightly grips her shirt and fiddles with it for a moment because she knows what Taeyeon is talking about. She breathes deeply and slowly lifts her top. Taeyeon watches as Tiffany’s torso is revealed and the rich girl drops her pink top on the bed. The black haired girl swallows as she stares at Tiffany’s milky skin, toned yet soft abdomen and moderate sized s with picturesque pink s through the screen. It’s almost hard for her to believe she’s seen Tiffany right in front of her and felt her body with her own hands. 

“Was this on your mind?” Tiffany asks 

She’s so hot 

Taeyeon’s hand unknowingly moves down to her ,”Can you play with your s?”

Tiffany’s face goes bright red, “What!?”

“Just a bit…” Taeyeon says softly 

The brunette hesitates before touching her s with her fingers. Because Taeyeon is watching it feels really good and the hesitation fades as she teases them. She let’s out a small moan. Taeyeon watches in awe and starts feeling very aroused. Tiffany looks so hot… better than any . Taeyeon breathes deeply and touches her over her . Tiffany can’t see but she can tell what the other girl is doing and it’s just turning her on more. 

Tiffany moves her hand down to her pajama shorts but then stops and covers her s, “We can do something tomorrow.” She says and picks up her shirt putting it back on. 

But I’m so right now! 

Taeyeon stops but doesn’t move her hand, “Can’t we do both ?”

Tiffany gives a playful flirty smile, “Wait till tomorrow and I’ll do ‘whatever you want ‘” 

yes! 

 

*Next day *


Close to the school gate Jessica brings up the topic again to Yuri, “I just want her to forget. She’s been avoiding me. I know you can do it Yuri.” She says referring to the kiss she shared with Taeyeon. 

Yuri sighs, “Sica… if you wanted her to forget then why did you do it in the first place!”

“I-I don’t know it was just in the moment. I thought maybe it would make her change her mind but… it’s just awkward now and she’s still in love with Tiffany....”

“Ok… I’ll do it…” Yuri replies reluctantly and gets a big hug from Jessica. 

“Yuri I love you!” she says excitedly and the taller girl blushes before she can put her arms around her but Jessica pulls away because she can see Taeyeon walking from the other side. 

Taeyeon sees her and looks away awkwardly. Jessica walks forward quickly so she doesn’t have to deal with the awkwardness but she pushes Yuri back lightly hinting to her. 

Yuri waits behind and walks up to Taeyeon ,”Morning.”

“Morning.” Taeyeon replies, “Does Sica have something to do?”

“I don’t think so why?”

“No… I just thought because you’re usually always together. How has she been?”

“She’s fine but what happened between you too?” Yuri asks even though she knows. 

Taeyeon takes a deep breath, “N-Nothing. It was nothing… I think. I’ll talk to her I just need some time to think…”

Yuri takes Taeyeon’s hand, “I have something I want to ask you privately…”

Yuri leads Taeyeon to an empty area, “What is it?” the shorter girl asks 

“You like girls right?”

Taeyeon blushes and looks away, “Yeah I like them.”

“How do they make you feel…”

“Like… nervous and awkward but I never feel that way around guys.”

Yuri is silent for a moment, “I see…”

“Do you feel that way…” Taeyeon asks delicately 

Yuri can’t answer that question and it’s making her feel uncomfortable she closes her eyes for a moment to try gather her power to do what Jessica wants and deep down she also wants it because she’s scared Taeyeon does feel something for Jessica. She can’t take out her wand because the other girl would get suspicious so she reaches out her hand and touches Taeyeon’s shoulder. She hopes it works because it’s harder to direct her power this way 

She can feel the power going to Taeyeon but it’s unlikely the other girl noticed, “Thanks for talking with me Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon smiles, “No problem Yuri. You can talk to me about anything.”

Yuri feels a slight guilt but is comforted by her own thought that this is for the better for Jessica and Taeyeon. Now they can be friends again. 

Taeyeon and Yuri walk back to the classroom where Jessica and Sunny are talking before class. 

Taeyeon greets Sunny and Jessica normally. Jessica smiles to Yuri as a show of thanks because the awkwardness is gone and Taeyeon likely doesn’t remember. 

“So you’re not grounded anymore? I’m glad I don’t have to hear you whining about Tiffany anymore.” Sunny jokes 

Taeyeon frowns and looks confused, “Tiffany? Who’s Tiffany?”

 

 

A/N: Drama!! I hope you don't mind! ::>_<:: 75 upvotes ! 400+ subs yay! Thanks everyone ! Please keep supporting! ^^