The Wish

Confused

The high school 3rd year opens her shoe locker at the end of the day to see another white envelope. A daily sight .

She sighs, “Again?”

Sunny her best friend looks over, “Just as popular as ever I see Taeyeon.”

Guys are always drawn to Taeyeon. She has perfect skin, smooth medium black hair , large brown eyes and milky white skin making her a natural Korean beauty. Thanks to her laid back personality she gets along with most people, guys and girls which leads to her current problem. 

Taeyeon picks up the envelope, “Aren’t girl’s meant to leave letters?”

“It could always be a girl. You get chocolate from them on valentines day.” Sunny says taking out her shoes 

It wouldn’t be so bad to get a love letter from a girl… 

Taeyeon thinks for a moment before opening the envelope and reading the contents of the letter. After finishing she folds it up and puts it back in the envelope. 

“He says I must meet him at the back of the school.”

“You could at least sound kind of happy about it. Some people would love to get letters… like me. Where are my secret admirers?”

Taeyeon laughs, “Don’t worry about it. I’m happy that they like me but…”

“You could always say yes to someone.” Sunny suggests 

“How can I say yes if I don’t like them…”


*** 


Taeyeon starts making her way back to her house after rejecting the first year who decided he was in love with her after seeing her in the passageway. 

How can you love someone who you haven’t even talked to? It doesn’t make sense. 

The sun is setting and three older men see the vulnerable high school girl walking alone so they approach her. 

“Hey.” The one guy says putting on a smile, “Want to hang out with us? We were planning to go to karaoke.”

Taeyeon doesn’t return the smile and keeps walking, “Sorry not interested.”

The other guy frowns, “We were inviting you nicely.”

“That doesn’t mean I have to go.” Taeyeon says firmly 

The third older man grabs Taeyeon’s wrist stopping her, “You shouldn’t be talking to your elders like that.”

Taeyeon breaks the grip ,”I said sorry.”

“You don’t have to be such a . Just hang out with us.”

Taeyeon is starting to get really angry, “Just because I said no that makes me a !? Girls can say no!”

“I don’t think you understand what kind of situation you’re in. 3 men. 1 little girl. You should watch your mouth.” He threatens 

Taeyeon takes a deep breath and looks at the three scary men in front of her slowly waking closer and she stumbles back before gripping her school bag tightly and running away as fast as she can. 

“HEY WAIT!” They shout 

WHY DOES BEING A GIRL SO MUCH! I GET HIT ON AT SCHOOL! I GET APROACHED IN THE STREET! THEY DON’T KNOW WHAT NO MEANS! 

Taeyeon runs not looking where she's going afraid they might be following her and ends up in an alley trying to catch her breath. She thinks she’s alone until she hears a noise and almost has a heart attack . She immediately looks to the source but sighs in relief when she sees it’s a girl like her. About the same age and height, pretty blonde hair and a frilly white dress. Someone you wouldn’t expect to see in a random alley. After the allure of her pretty face wears off Taeyeon immediately looks down to see the girl holding her leg with blood all over her hands. 

The black haired girl immediately rushes to her ,”ARE YOU OK!”

“Y-yeah it’s fine. I’m fine.” The teenage girl insists 

“You don’t look fine! W-wait here I’ll get some stuff from a store nearby!” Taeyeon replies 


*** 


Taeyeon comes back with supplies. Luckily she was carrying enough money with her . The blonde girl is where she left her. 

“This might hurt.” She warns and treats the giant cut on the other girl’s leg. The blonde whines a bit at the pain, “What happened? This is pretty bad.”

“I’m Jessica…”

A foreigner? 

Taeyeon finishes putting a bandage on the girl’s leg, “Will you be able to get home? I can help you get home.”

“What’s your name?” She asks 

Is she not good at Korean? 

“ My name is Taeyeon.”

Jessica pushes herself up, “Do you have any wishes Taeyeon?”

“Wishes?” Taeyeon says confused 

“Anything at all. I’ll grant one because you helped me.” She offers 

I wonder if she hit her head… 

“Let me take you to the hospital.” Taeyeon reaches to hold her hand but she moves it away. 

“Better make one before I change my mind.” She threatens 

She really needs to go to the hospital

“A wish? I guess ….” Taeyeon thinks back to her horrible day, “Can you turn me into a boy. Sometimes I think being a girl is the worst.”

Boys have it so easy.  

“Ok let’s take you to —“ Before Taeyeon can finish Jessica takes a wand out of her dress seemingly out of no where and closes her eyes as if concentrating. Finally she taps Taeyeon and a white light engulfs the black haired girl but it passes in a second as if nothing happened. 

“Hm?” Jessica seems confused at the lack of result and Taeyeon is very confused. 

“Uhhh… Ok… We should… we should get your leg checked out…” Taeyeon says and turns around to pick up her bag but when she turns back Jessica is no where to be found. She looks all around the alley and doesn’t see her anywhere. 

Where’d she go? 


*Next day * 


Taeyeon slowly opens her eyes when her alarm goes off for the beginning of the day. She turns it off immediately then groans at her sleepiness pressing her face into her pillow. The next second she notices something wrong. Her slightly loose purple pajamas she put on yesterday now feel tight and her body feels… different. Taeyeon slowly moves her hand underneath her long sleeve pajama top to feel her now flat muscley chest. Immediately after she puts her hand down her pants and her sleepiness completely vanishes as she feels the bulge protruding out of her . 

What is… 

“!” She shouts,  her voice sounding unfamiliar. 

She pulls her hand out her pants and stumbles out her bed running to her bedroom mirror. The person that looks back at her is a toned young man with short black hair in purple pajamas who looks as if he just saw a ghost. 

“No! No! No! No! No! No!” Taeyeon freaks out, and closes her eyes for a moderate amount of time before opening them again to see the same sight. “This is a dream! It has to be a dream!” She moves around and the reflection follows 

She doesn’t have anymore time to think because her mom calls, “TaeTae are you up!”

“Yes!” She instinctively answers 

“TaeTae!? What’s wrong with your voice!” She calls and Taeyeon can hear her mom walking towards her room .

No! What is going on! 

Taeyeon immediately goes back to her bed and pulls her blanket over her. She tries to clear , “I think I got a cold! I’m going to stay home today!”

“Do you need some medicine!” 

“No! I just need rest!” Taeyeon replies and covers her head as she hears her mom walk into the room. 

“Should I stay home today?” Her mom sounds concerned 

“Ill be ok by myself.” Taeyeon says from underneath her blanket and fakes a cough. 

“Your voice sounds pretty bad maybe we should take you to the doctor.” She tries to move the blanket down to see her daughters face but Taeyeon holds it firmly. 

“I don’t feel well. Just let me rest…” Taeyeon complains 

Her mom sighs, “Ok…  call me if you need anything. Get lots of rest and get better soon sweetie.”

“I will thanks mom.”

After her mom leaves the room. Taeyeon picks up her phone and calls Sunny ,”What’s wrong we can talk at school.” Her friend says 

“Sunny I have a problem! A big problem! Can you come over!”

Sunny is silent for a moment while she checks who phoned her, “Is this jiwoong-oppa? Why do you have Taeyeon’s phone?”

“It’s Taeyeon!”

“Taeyeon!? What’s with your voice!”

“I’ll explain when you get here!” 

Taeyeon convinces her friend to skip school to come to her house. After the phone call she stares back into her mirror and wishes so badly that it’s a dream because she really badly needs to use the bathroom. 


*** 


Sunny stares silently at the male who let her into the house and guided her to Taeyeon’s room as if were his own and then claimed to be her female friend, ”I’m going to call the police.” 

“Sunny I promise it’s me.” Taeyeon sighs 

“Yeah…” Sunny says and slowly takes out her phone while she sits on her friend’s bed. 

Taeyeon bends down and looks into Sunny’s eyes , “Can’t you recognize me?”

Sunny stops, “You look so much like her you could be twins but people don’t just swap genders over night.”

“Wait… I’ll prove it… your real name is Soonkyu.”

“Lots of people know that. If you really are Taeyeon then tell me something only she would know.”

Taeyeon takes a moment to think, “Ok… The one time you stole your dad’s soju and made me hide it at my house but my mom found it and I got grounded for a week.”

Sunny laughs, “Sorry about that… wait oh my god! TAEYEON!?”

“YES!”

Sunny stands up and starts feeling Taeyeon’s toned chest, “You definitely feel like a guy! Do you have a… you know”

Taeyeon looks away, “I don’t want to talk about it…”

“Have you seen it!” She asks super curious 

“I… needed the bathroom earlier…”

“Let me see!” Sunny says and goes to pull down Taeyeon’s pants which she borrowed from her brother but she pulls them up. 

“No! You don’t have to see! Trust me it’s there!” Taeyeon protests 

“Why are you embarrassed! It’s not even really your body! Or is it…”

“I-I don’t know! If I show you will you just listen to me!” 

“Yeah let’s see!”

Taeyeon sighs then pulls down her pants revealing her new male ia. 

Sunny stares, “Yeah… that’s a real … Not bad actually…”

Taeyeon blushes and pulls her pants up, “Don’t remind me…”

“So what happened?” 

“I think I might have met an angel or something.”

Sunny frowns not convinced, “An angel?” 

“I don’t know what she was but… I helped her and then she said she would grant me a wish. I was angry at the guys who were hitting on me so I said I wanted to be a boy. If I had known it would come true I would have asked for a super power or something! I don’t actually want to be male!”

“Ok wait… so an angel changed you into a male…” 

“Probably…” 

Sunny takes a deep breath, “Well you are Taeyeon… I think… and you’re definitely male… if she did this then… we’ll find this angel and ask her to change you back. Do you have any idea where she is?”

“No… she vanished.” Taeyeon can start feeling tears welling up in her eye’s because reality is finally sinking in 

Sunny looks at the male in front of her but right now all she can see is her vulnerable long time best friend in need of her help and she’s completely convinced. She gives Taeyeon a hug, “Don’t worry. We’ll look for her today and get her to change you back. No one will even know.”

Taeyeon holds Sunny with her unfamiliar arms, “What if we don’t find her… I can’t tell my mom. She’ll never believe me.”

“We’ll find her! If we don’t find her by today you can sleep over at my house.”

Taeyeon pulls back from the hug and wipes her eyes, “Thanks Sunny.”


*** 


They search all day but couldn’t find the angel called Jessica anywhere so Sunny had to go home before her mom worries. Taeyeon messaged her mom that she’s going to sleep over at Sunny’s and her friend is going to message her when everyone is asleep so she can sneak in. 

Its already dark and it’s getting cold. The short haired male Taeyeon walks to the convenience store close to Sunny’s house because of her starving stomach. 

I can't believe this... 

By the entrance she sees a group of three older men who she immediately recognizes. When she looks through them she sees a beautiful light brown haired teenage girl with milky skin, big brown eyes and plump pink lips fashionably dressed as if she were a celebrity. Taeyeon has to pause to take in her beauty. 

Wow… 

She snaps out of it when she sees the girl annoyed by the men surrounding her so she instinctively walks up to them. 

“Come on just play with us. We’ll—“

“I don’t think she’s interested.” Taeyeon interrupts 
The men turn towards the young teenage male, “Who are you?”

What do I do now!? I didn't think this through! 

“I’m—“

“Baby~” The beautiful girl says flirtatiously and links her arm with Taeyeon’s ,”I was waiting for you.” She looks up into Taeyeon’s eye’s cutely 

The black haired young man’s heart races at the sudden unfamiliar gesture while she looks into the girl’s dazzling eyes.

“Oh great she has a boyfriend…” The one older man says sarcastically, “Come on let’s go.”

After the men leave the stunning teenage girl lets go of Taeyeon’s arm, “Thanks.” She says simply then returns to her seat outside. 

“Uhh…” Taeyeon gathers herself because she got to caught up on it, “No problem…”

Taeyeon is about to go into the convenience store but she looks back, “Why don’t you sit inside? It’s getting kind of cold.”

“They wanted me to buy something so I had to sit out here.”

Taeyeon looks at the darkness surrounding them and the suspicious people walking around so she sits in the seat next to the girl. 

The girl smirks, “Are you going to hit on me now?”

Why would I… oh yeah I’m not a girl… I almost forgot. 

“No. Don’t worry I know what it’s like.”

She laughs, “How would you know what it’s like?”

Oh right.. 

“I have… a sister. She often complains about it.”

The brunette runs her finger across the table in front of her not even looking at Taeyeon ,“Yeah? I’ve heard that one. You’re going to have to do better than that.”

She’s treating me the same as those creepy old men! 

Taeyeon stands up, “Fine! I was wrong to be worried!”

She turns ready to walk away 

“Wait!” The brunette calls, “Sorry … I know all guys aren’t bad. I just had a horrible day and people have been coming up to me.”

I know what that’s like…

Taeyeon sighs and sits back down, “I also had a horrible day. Two horrible days actually… what’s your name?”

“I’m Tiffany.”

A foreign name… 

“Are you an angel?” Taeyeon asks staring seriously at the brunette who’s appearance is only made more heavenly by the moonlight. 

Tiffany bursts out laughing and Taeyeon is taken aback by the girls dazzling smile. Her eyes turn into crescents that rival the moon , “I knew you were hitting on me.”

The young man’s face goes red at the realization of how that could have came across , “N-No ! I didn’t mean it like that! You are pretty but…” Taeyeon stops before she makes it worse and she rests her head into her hand 

Now I’m flirting with girls!? I need to change back! 

She smiles, “It’s fine. You actually lifted my mood. What’s your name?”

“Tae…” Taeyeon lifts her head, “Hyun.”

“Taehyun?” Tiffany asks 

“Yeah. “

“What part of me made you think I was an angel Taehyun?” She twirls her hair in her finger with a sly smile 

“Your …name…”

She laughs again, “I’m from America stupid.”

Taeyeon is about to reply when she gets a message from Sunny telling her to come. 

“Is someone coming to pick you up?” Taeyeon asks concerned that Tiffany is out here so late. 

“Do I want them to pick me up…” She says softly. 

Taeyeon takes out her money, “I have to go now but here so you can get home.”

“No its fine. Really. Money is the last thing I need.”

Taeyeon puts the money in her brother’s Jersey pocket unnoticed by Tiffany then takes it off and puts it over her shoulders, “Here it’s getting cold.”

“You really don’t have to —“

Taeyeon gets up from the table and starts rushing to Sunny’s house, “I’m really sorry! I have to go! It’s getting late so be careful!”

Tiffany is left sitting at the table alone, “He didn’t even ask for my number? He was really just worried?” 

She smiles and pulls the Jersey around her then feels the money left in the Jersey pocket , “I kind of wish you did ask for my number…”

 

A/N: A new story. Let me know what you think! And also pls subscribe and upvote! 。^‿^。