Chapter 2

Siren

*Swear word in the beginning*

The next morning, Tae Eun woke up and opened her eyes. She looked around and noticed that she was in a different room. She sat up and then realized where she was. Jin’s house in Korea. She gets up out of bed and puts her shirt on. She walks over to the window and opens the drapes. She noticed the sun was slowly creeping up on the horizon. She looked at the time and it was 7 am. She sighed and decided to go downstairs. She can’t go to sleep now that she’s awake. She opens the door and notices it is dark in the hallway. She closes the door and walks down the hallway. She walks down the stairs and it’s still quiet and dark. She got to the bottom landing and looked around. There was no one anywhere. She walked around the downstairs to look around. She walked into a closed door and opened it. She walked in and turned the light on. She couldn’t believe her eyes. A library in a den. She walked over and was looking at the books that were there. She knelt down and was looking at the books at the bottom and didn’t hear anyone enter the den.

She was so interested in the books that she pulled one out and was looking at it when she was grabbed around the waist. Tae Eun struggled against the attacker and she twisted around and whacked the attacker’s head with the book. She stood there and was ready if the attacker decided to grab her again. Suddenly, she heard groaning and the attacker sat up. The attacker stood up and said.

“Kim Tae Eun.”

Tae’s eyes went wide and she couldn’t believe it. The attacker was Jin. His left side of his face was red from the book. Tae bit her bottom lip and walked over and touched his cheek. Jin grabbed her arm and glared at her.

“What the was that about? You don’t go around and hit people.”

Tae cringed and said, “I’m sorry. I didn’t know it was you. I thought I was alone. I’m sorry Jinnie.”

Jin sat down on a chair and touched his face. He knows it’s going to bruise from the direct hit he got from the book.

Tae stood up and said, “Wait here.”

Tae ran out of the room and into the bathroom. She grabbed a hand towel and then ran into the kitchen. She pushed the button for ice and it dropped into the towel. She proceeded to roll it up and she moved the ice around. She tied the ends with a rubber band and ran back into the den. Jin was still sitting there. Tae closed the door and knelt down in front of him and moved his hand away and touched the cold towel to his face.

Jin growled and pushed her away from him. He closed his eyes and touched his face again. He doesn’t do well with pain. He never did. Tears filled his eyes from the pain in his cheek when he felt the coldness again and he looked at Tae’s sad brown eyes. Tae looked into Jin’s glaring eyes and she looked down at the floor.

Tae felt a finger under her chin and she looked up at Jin again, but this time his eyes were softer and sadder. Tae bit her bottom lip as she looked at his cheek as she pulled the ice away. It was red and there was a little bruise starting to form. Tears sprung up in her eyes as she stood up and put the towel in his hands. She looked at the floor and with a quivering voice said, “Make sure you keep the ice on it to keep any swelling down.”

Jin said, “Tae.” But, she didn’t hear him. She had run out of the room and up the stairs. She ran into her bedroom and closed the door. She started to panic and pace around her room. Her fidgeting became worse as she gets nervous or worked up about something. She ran her fingers through her hair and kept calling herself an idiot for doing what she did. She continued to pace until she heard footsteps walking in the hallway.

Tae gasped and looked around. She saw the closet. The bedroom door slowly opened and someone walked in. They said her name.

“Tae Eun.”

She covered with her hands and tried to be as quietly as possible. The person called again.

“Tae Eun. Where are you?”

She realized it was Jin. He walked over to the bed and looked under it. But, she wasn’t there. He looked around and then his eyes moved toward the closet. He slowly got up and walked toward the closet. Tae’s eyes filled with tears as he came closer. He opened the doors slowly and knelt down. He sighed as he looked at his sister covering her head and shaking. He heard her softly crying.

Jin sighed and said, “Tae Eun. Look at me.”

Tae shook her head but continued to keep her arms over her head. Jin wondered what happened to make her scared and cower down. He hates to see his sister like this.

Jin got up and walked over to the light switch and turned it on. The room was flooded with light. He walked back over to the closet and sat down. He waited for her to calm down. That’s when he noticed her arms. They were littered with cuts and scratches. His anger was rising but he didn’t want to show his emotion to Tae or she’ll get even more scared of him.

Jin sighed and softly said, “Tae, please. Look at me. I won’t harm you. It was an accident. I shouldn’t have grabbed you. Please, my heart hurts seeing you like this.”

Finally, Tae slowly looked up but didn’t uncover her head. She looked at Jin and she saw him give her a little smile. Tae cocked her head to the side and tried to figure him out. Just a few minutes ago, he was angry at her, and here he’s sitting in her room and smiling at her.

Jin smiled and said, “That’s my Tae.” Jin slowly stood up and moved back a few steps. He said, “Come out of there, Tae. It’s too cramped in there for you.”

Tae sat there for a few minutes and watched as Jin sat on her bed. He crossed his legs and looked at her. Tae looked around and then slowly she crawled out of the closet. She stood up and Jin got to see how beautiful his sister really is. She has long feminine legs, thin arms but with some muscle on them. She had an hourglass figure. Her shorts showed off her long legs and muscular thighs. She walked over to him and stood in front of Jin.

He looked at her and touched her arms. He felt her flinch and said, “I’m sorry for getting mad at you. I shouldn’t have grabbed you like that. Do you forgive me?”

Tae looks at him and she steps forward. Jin opens his legs and she stands in front. They wrap their arms around each other and hold tightly.

Tae says, “I forgive you. I’m sorry that I hit you.”

Jin pulled her away and looked at her as he said, “I do have to say you are very strong.”

Tae bites her bottom lip and says, “Am I in trouble?”

Jin shakes his head and says, “No. It was my fault. But...don’t make it a habit of hitting people. Understand?”

Tae nods and says, “I understand.”

Jin says, “You should think about wearing something less revealing next time.”

Tae looks down and says, “What’s wrong with the way I dress? No one ever had a problem before.”

Jin stands up and says, “You have six other guys living here. I don’t want them to get the wrong idea. You ARE my sister, after all.”

Tae rolls her eyes and says, “It’s not my fault, your boys can’t keep their hormones down.”

Jin turns around and smacks her on the backside not hard but hard enough to make her yelp. She turned around and looked at him.

Jin said, “Start changing the way you dress. You are not living by yourself. Be respectable to the other men in the house.” He looked at the time and saw it was now 9 am. He said, “I want you showered and dressed. We are having guests over and I want you to look presentable.”

Tae nodded and said, “I understand.”

Jin walked out of the room and Tae walked over to her dresser and pulled out some clothes to wear. She walked into the shower.

Jin had walked into his bedroom and put on some makeup on the bruise so that the guests and his other members don’t ask questions about the bruise on his face.

Around 10:30 am, the doorbell rang and the butler went to open it. BTS walked over and saw who it was. They bowed to the people standing at the door. It was Shinhwa.

Jin stood up and shook hands with all six members of Shinhwa. They walked into the den and sat down. The maids brought in some drinks and appetizers if anyone was hungry.

An hour later, Tae came walking down the steps with somewhat dried hair. She was in blue jeans that hugged her legs and a long sleeved shirt that came to her waist. She walked into the kitchen and saw some fruit on the table. She reached for it and yelped when she felt a sharp pain in his backside. She turned around to see the senior maid standing there with a wooden spoon in her hand.

Tae said, “What? I was going to have a snack.”

The senior maid said, “Master Jin wants you to go into the den. There are visitors he wants you to meet.”

Tae whined and said, “Really? Why can’t I just hang out here with you?”

The senior maid, Sena, chuckled and said, “As much as I would love to have you help me out cooking, your brother was insistent on making sure I send you there. Now, you can either go there feeling fine or with a sore behind. Your choice.”

Tae sighed and put the apple down. She said, “No. I’ll go.”

Sena chuckled as she heard Tae mumbling in English. Even though she has no idea what she was saying.

Tae walked past a mirror and fixed her hair. She walked over to the den and she put her ear to the door and she heard talking. She knew the voices of BTS, but not of the guests. She was ready to leave when she backed away from the door and she felt someone behind her. She turned to see Sena.

The senior maid glared at Tae and said, “Open the door and go inside. I still have the spoon with me.”

Tae bit her bottom lip and opened the door. She walked in and moved to the side to let Sena in. Sena put the tray of tea down, walked out and closed the door, leaving Tae standing against the wall frozen.

Shinhwa stood up and bowed. Their eyes were staring at her and she looked down at the floor because she couldn’t handle the stairs.

Jin saw her and stood up. He walked over and grabbed her arm. He nudged her to walk and they stood in the center of the room. She started to move behind Jin. Jin smiled and grabbed her wrist and brought her to stand in front of him. He said, “Gentlemen. Meet Kim Tae Eun.”

They bowed and looked at Jin. Jin said, “She is my little sister.”

Shinhwa’s eyes went wide and Andy walked over to shake her hand but she backed away from him. Andy showed surprise and hurt in his eyes from being rejected.

Jin shook his head and said, “Sorry, Andy hyung. She’s not good around strangers.”

Andy shook his head and said, “It’s fine.”

Jin looked at Tae and said, “This is Shinhwa. Eric is the leader. Then there’s Minwoo, Dongwan, Hyesung, Junjin, and the one that wanted to shake your hand is Andy.”

Tae looks at them and doesn’t say anything until she gets nudged by Jin and she looks at them and bows as she says, “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

Junjin says, “Tae, how old are you?”

Tae looks at him and says, “It’s Tae Eun, and I’m 21.”

Jin scolded her and said, “Tae. Don’t be rude.”

Junjin laughed and said, “It’s fine. Don’t worry about it.”

Jin says, “She’s very touchy about how people address her.”

Jin looks at Tae and says, “Why don’t you go out in the back and stay out of trouble.”

Tae narrowed her eyes at him and said, “If you didn’t want me here, you shouldn’t have had me come into the room....pabo.”

Jin’s eyes widened and he gritted his teeth. She is walking on dangerous ground right now.

Tae turns and looks at Shinhwa and says, “It was nice to meet you.”

Tae turned and walked out of the room and closed the door.

Jin sighed and said, “I’m so sorry about that. She can be a handful.”

Eric shakes his head and says, “No problem. We’ve had our own younger sibling problems too. Hell, Andy here was a problem child when he was young.”

Andy blushed and said, “Hyung, you don’t need to tell them.”

BTS and Shinhwa laughed. Then Jin said, “Anyway, we were surprised to see you have come back to the city. I thought you were in Japan?”

Eric nodded and said, “We were. Until we found out the Siren had made an appearance in Korea.”

Hoseok said, “Wait, the Siren is here in Korea? The last time I heard she was in America.”

Dongwan nodded and said, “Yeah. But, our informants have told us that the Siren found her way to Korea. We need to be on guard because we never know when she'll strike.”

Taehyung says, “Do we even know what the Siren looks like?”

Dongwan shrugs and says, “No one knows. She’s like a ghost. She’s here and then gone. Sometimes I wonder if it’s people’s imagination that created the Siren.”

Junjin put his hand in his jacket and took out a picture. He said, “This is the only thing that we can find of the Siren’s.”

Jin picked up the picture and looked at Junjin and said, “It’s a hand drawn picture of a dolphin necklace?”

Dongwan said, “That’s not just any necklace. That’s a sapphire dolphin necklace. One that is VERY rare. That necklace was created just for her.”

Jin looks at it and says, “Well, I’ve never seen it before.”

Andy said, “The Siren always wears it.”

Jimin says, “So, she likes dolphins.”

Minwoo says, “No. If you remember reading history, not Korean history, the Sirens were women who could lure men into the water and drown them.”

Jimin says, “So, this Siren is going to lure someone into the water?”

Minwoo shakes his head and says, “No. But, she’s dangerous. For some reason, her targets are men.”

Jin says, “Do you know the reason why she would target them?”

Eric says, “There’s a rumor going around that the Siren was either attacked, , tortured, kidnapped, we don’t know. But, that’s been running around and our informants have told us the same thing. So, it could be anything. We just need to be careful.”

BTS nodded. What they didn’t know is that Tae was standing outside the door and listening to the conversation.

Tae moved away from the door and whispered, “Siren, huh? Dolphin necklace?”

She took a few more steps back and she gasped when she heard a creak from the floor. She looked around and dashed away from the door. A minute later the door suddenly opened quickly and Jin looked around. He knew someone was listening to their conversation. He walked back into the room and closed the door.

Sitting on the floor behind a pillar just a few feet away from the den was Tae. She had her hand over and she waited to hear the door close. She slowly stood up and peered out. The coast was clear. She walked through the kitchen and opened the back door. She walked outside to show her brother that she was outside. She laid on the grass on her stomach. She laid her head on her arms and closed her eyes and letting the cool breeze ruffle her hair.

She heard the back door open a few minutes later, but she figured it was probably one of the BTS members, so she kept her eyes shut. She heard the person walk closer and then the person sat next to her. She waited but didn’t hear anything. Then she heard a voice that she wasn’t familiar with.

“Little Tae.”

Tae opened her eyes and looked up. There sat Junjin as he smiled. Tae looked at him for a second and then jumped away. She sat on her knees and looked at him.

“What do you want?”

Junjin leans back on his hands and says, “Nothing. Just wanted to come out and sit here with Jin’s little sister, Tae.”

Tae narrowed her eyes at him and says, “Since when did you become MY friend?”

Junjin looks at her and says, “What? We aren’t friends?”

Tae shook her head and said, “No. We aren’t. We only met each other for a few minutes. That doesn’t make you or me friends.”

Junjin sighed and said, “Bummer. I wanted to get to know you.”

Tae narrowed her eyes at him again and said, “Why?”

Junjin shrugged and said, “I don’t know. Maybe because you’re interesting.”

Tae raised an eyebrow and said, “Okay, how come my brother is working with a gang?”

Junjin looked at her.

Tae said, “Yes. I know who you are. Your group is a gang. A “legendary” gang that’s been around for quite some time and has kept Seoul, Korea safe.”

Junjin smirked and said, “I’m impressed. Never thought that a girl from the States would know about us.”

Tae rolled her eyes and said, “Oh please. What? You thought that I’m a sweet tempered little girl that lets everyone run all over her? Think again. I read.”

Junjin nodded and said, “Reading is good. It helps the brain.”

Tae says, “So? Are you going to spill?”

Junjin sits back up and looks at her and says, “If I tell you, can you explain to me why you were listening in on our conversation?”

Tae sat there and tried to keep all emotion from her face as Junjin was looking at her. Suddenly, her hands started to fidget.

Tae said, “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

Junjin nodded and said, “Of course. Then you fidgeting doesn’t have anything to do with you being nervous because you were found out?”

Tae’s eyes went wide and Junjin smiled. Then Tae stood up and said, “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I wasn’t listening. Jin wouldn’t let me.”

Junjin snickered and said, “He probably doesn’t know half the things you’ve done. Of course, if he did, your precious little backside would be beet red.”

Tae blushed and said, “How dare you? You have no right to talk to me that way.”

Tae walked over and punched him in the right arm. He laughed as she punched him again.

Junjin said, “Does your brother let you hit people?”

Tae stopped and looked at him then looked at the house. She bit her bottom lip and then she was pulled to sit next to Junjin.

Junjin said, “I won’t tell him that you were being a brat if you tell me why you listened to our conversation.”

 

To be continued...

 

Author’s Note:

 

So, what did you think of this chapter?

Tae heard the conversation but she doesn’t want anyone to know that she did. She knows that Jin won’t hit her. He doesn’t have the means to hit her. He’ll swat her, but to actually discipline her, Jin doesn’t have the heart to hit her hard. So, who knows, he might end up having someone else do it. I wonder who he’ll give the go ahead to discipline Tae.

 

If you like the story, please…

 

                                                      SUBSCRIBE…COMMENT…UPVOTE!!!