Chapter 15

Siren

* No spanking in this chapter*

Shinhwa and BTS were sitting in the living room and waiting. They look like spectators at a tennis tournament. For about 20 minutes, it’s been like that until Eric finally spoke up.

“Tae Eun, will you stop pacing. You’re going to create a hole in the floor.”

Tae stopped pacing and looked at Eric and said, “And why shouldn’t I be pacing? My brother is in there bleeding to death.”

Eric sighed and said, “Well, if you hadn’t been trying to fight people then your brother wouldn’t have lost so much blood!”

Tae took a step back as Eric raised his voice.

Earlier...

Minwoo looks at Andy and says, “Call Ryeowook. He’s a good physician.”

Tae stood up and said, “No. Don’t you dare call him.”

Minwoo said, “Why not? He has more medical equipment than we do.”

Tae shook her head and said, “They threw us under the bus. I will not allow him to operate on Jin.”

Yunho said, “Tae. They threw YOU under the bus. Not Jin.”

Tae felt like she got slapped in the face. Minwoo looks at Andy and said, “Call him.”

Andy nodded and did as he was told. A few minutes later, Ryeowook, Leeteuk, and Zhou Mi walked into the house. They looked at who was there. They bowed and then they saw Tae.

Leeteuk said, “Why are we here? Eric hyung, you said someone important was hurt.”

Eric nodded and said, “He is in the infirmary.”

Ryeowook said, “He?”

Namjoon said, “Jin hyung.”

Leeteuk looked at Tae and said, “Was it your doing?”

Tae’s eyes had tears in them and she glared at him and growled as she said, “I hate you for what you have done. I don’t want you in this house.”

Leeteuk said, “Then why are we here?”

Tae said, “Because. I need you to save Jin.”

Leeteuk said, “Maybe it’s fate. You don’t need your brother.”

They turned to walk away when Tae stood in front of them. She fell to her knees in front of them and said, “Please. I will do whatever you say, but please. Don’t let him die. I beg you.”

Leeteuk said, “We don’t help beggars.”

They walked past Tae and she stood up. She turned around and said, “How can you call yourself doctors when you’re willing to let an innocent man die? How will you live with yourself when you allow this to happen?”

Leeteuk turned around and said, “Our conscience are fine. We won’t regret anything.”

BTS started to argue with Leeteuk when Tae took a few steps after them and said, “I swear...if he dies...you will not live to see another day.”

Leeteuk, Ryeowook, and Zhou Mi stopped walking and stood there and didn’t turn around. They heard her say, “You want to call me a monster, go ahead. You want to accuse me of things that I have done because of my father, go ahead. But, to condemn an innocent man just because his family is evil, will cause the greatest repercussions that you’ll ever see. You want to see the Siren so badly...let Jin perish. You and the rest of your group will be annihilated.”

Jimin said, “Tae, what are you doing?”

Tae stood there and looked at the three Super Junior backs and said, “I thought you were friends when TVXQ brought me to see you. But, I realized that your gang is nothing but a bunch of whiny girls. You care more about yourselves than someone else. You don’t even care to look up research before you condemn the person to hell.”

Dongwan walked into the living room and said, “KIM TAE EUN! SHUT YOUR MOUTH!”

Tae turned to looked at Dongwan. She gasped when she saw blood on his hands. Dongwan looked over and said, “Ryeowook, please. Don’t listen to Tae. Come and save Seokjin. He needs your help. I know you are a great physician. We will pay you however much to save his life.”

Ryeowook turned around and looked at Dongwan. He looked at Leeteuk and Zhou Mi and nodded. They walked past Tae and into the infirmary with Dongwan.

Tae moved forward but was suddenly pulled backward and pushed to the sofa by Namjoon. He stood there and pointed at her and said, “Stay there and be quiet. You running your mouth could cause your brother to lose more blood.”

Tae looked down at the floor and bit her bottom lip as tears filled her eyes and ran down her cheeks. For three hours, they worked on Jin, while out in the living room it was a different atmosphere. When the time had finally come, the door opened. Everyone stood up and watched as Ryeowook, Leeteuk, Zhou Mi, and Dongwan walked out. Ryeowook was wiping his hands with a cloth as he looked at everyone.

“Kim Seokjin...will be fine. He lost a lot of blood, but I was able to extract the bullet and sew him back up.”

Ryeowook looked at everyone but noticed someone wasn’t there. He said, “Where is Tae Eun?”

Jaejoong said, “I think she went out in the backyard.”

Ryeowook took Leeteuk’s and Zhou Mi’s hands and walked through the dining room and into the kitchen. Ryeowook was shocked to see the maids standing there with their hands over their mouths. Ryeowook walked over to the door and looked in the backyard. He gasped at what he saw. There on her knees in the grass was Tae. She had taken her shirt off and her back was bleeding. He watched as she took three or four twigs and whacked them on her back. He jumped when he heard the impact from the twigs.

Ryeowook looked at the maids and said, “How long has she been doing that?”

The one maid said, “She’s been doing that for over two hours.”

Ryeowook said, “Why didn’t you stop her?”

The maid said, “We tried. She threatened to kill us.”

Ryeowook walked outside and he stood next to her and listened to her sob and plead to no one to save her brother. Ryeowook’s heart hurt just watching this. The Siren, the one that killed people, was on her knees punishing herself.

Ryeowook calmed himself down and knelt down next to her. He grabbed the twigs and took them out of her hand. He looked down at them and they had blood on the branches. He also noticed that the branches had sharp spines on them. He looked on her back and he saw marks on her back that looked as if she was beaten. He wondered if she did it to herself.

He threw them away and grabbed her arms but was pushed away by Tae.

“LEAVE ME ALONE!”

Ryeowook said, “Tae.”

Tae kept her head down and looked at the grass as she said, “You...have no idea...how much this hurts. You have no idea how much I want to take my life. I...hurt everyone. No one wants to help me. I...I want.” She sniffled and said, “My life isn’t important....please God...let Jin live. Spare his life...take mine.”

Ryeowook said, “Tae. Your brother will be fine.”

Tae knelt there and said, “Y...Yunho is right. I...I am a monster. I...I have become my father. Jin shouldn’t be around me. No one should be around me.”

Tae started to get up but her legs gave out. She groaned when she fell onto the grass. Ryeowook was there and touched her arm. He felt her shaking and she flinched from his touch.

Ryeowook said, “Do you want to see your brother?”

Tae shook her head and said, “N...No. I...don’t want him to be ashamed of me.”

Ryeowook looked up and saw Shinhwa, BTS, and Jaejoong standing by the door. Jaejoong ran out and said, “TAE!”

Ryeowook held up his hand and shook his head. He looked over at Tae and saw her cower down and try to move away but Ryeowook held onto her arm. Ryeowook moved in front of her and took her face in his hands. He lifted her face and his heart skipped a beat. Her eyes lost all the life in them. She looked hollow. Her face had paled from the loss of blood.

Ryeowook sighed and wiped the tears from her cheeks and said, “I am sorry, Tae. I should’ve never turned my back on you. I saw how much you needed someone to be with you. I know it’s a little late, but I want to help you now.”

Tae shook her head and pushed him away again and said, “No. You don’t want to get mixed up with Ares’ daughter. Leave. Take care of Seokjin.”

Ryeowook sat there and watched as Tae started to rise again and staggered as she moved toward the patio table. Everyone looked to see why she was walking there. Jaejoong gasped. There on the table was a gun.

Ryeowook got up and ran after Tae but was pushed aside when Jaejoong ran over and grabbed the gun out of Tae’s hand. He stood in front of Tae and glared at her.

Jaejoong said, “How dare you do this to yourself. Your brother needs you and you’re out here beating yourself to death.”

He went and slapped her on the right side of the cheek. She staggered and fell to her knees as he heard Shinhwa in the background cry out, “JAEJOONG!”

Jaejoong said, “You want to get beaten so badly? Fine. Then you will get beaten.”

Jaejoong went over and grabbed the twigs and brought them over. He stood over Tae and lifted them up. Tae looked up and saw Jaejoong with the twigs and she suddenly covered her hands over her heads as she cried out and said, “Abeoji!”

Jaejoong stood there and looked down at her bloody back and was shocked to hear her call him father. Jaejoong lowered the twigs and stood there wondering if her father had beaten her when she was young. Jaejoong looked at the twigs and threw them away. He knelt down in front of her and uncovered her hands as he held her face in his hands. He wrapped his arms around her neck and let her cry on his shoulder. She kept calling out ‘abeoji’ and then he heard ‘mianhe’ and then she fell limp in his arms. Jaejoong’s eyes went wide as he pulled her away and saw her eyes closed. He looked over at Ryeowook.

Ryeowook ran over and felt for a pulse. He said, “Her pulse is faint. I need to deal with the wounds on her back. We need to bring her to the infirmary.”

Jaejoong nodded as he slung her over his shoulder and they ran inside as everyone stood there shocked. BTS were huddled together with tears in their eyes. Shinhwa ran inside as well.

Ryeowook and Jaejoong went into the infirmary and Jaejoong gently set Tae down on her stomach. He hissed when he saw her back. He looked at Ryeowook and saw that he was sad to see this.

Jaejoong said, “She had so much pain when you and TVXQ decided to push her away. She doesn’t deserve this.”

Ryeowook sighed and took a washcloth and put it in a bowl of water and said, “No, she doesn’t. I never thought it was this bad.”

Ryeowook started to clean the blood from Tae’s back. After an hour of gently washing her back, he got to see the extent of the damage. Which actually wasn’t that severe but when it was bloody he couldn’t tell. He didn’t have to stitch anything up. All he did was put gauze on the wounds and then he wrapped her back with tape to keep the gauze on her back. After two hours, he was done. They walked out into the living room.

Ryeowook said, “Tae is mentally unstable and in severe pain.”

Hoseok said, “What does that mean? Will she be all right?”

Ryeowook nodded and said, “She will be. But, she’ll need to be watched. From what Super Junior and TVXQ has done, we have caused this. I never realized the damage that we have caused. I am prepared to help her out.”

Leeteuk said, “Ryeowook.”

Ryeowook shook his head and said, “Hyung. I am a physician. I can’t allow people around me to get hurt. After what I saw. I can’t turn my back on her. She is the Siren, after all. I won’t let her kill herself.”

Taehyung spoke, “Why? Why would she do this to herself? Doesn’t she care about her brother?”

Jaejoong says, “She cares about him. More him than herself. She would rather give up her life in order to save the life of her only living relative.”

Taehyung had tears in his eyes and said, “But why?”

Jaejoong turned to look at him and said, “Love. She loves her brother so much, that she’ll go to great lengths just to make him happy.”

Namjoon says, “So, what do we do now?”

Eric said, “We help them. We are their only family now.” He walks over to the door and opens it as he looks at Jin and Tae on the beds and then he turns to look at everyone and says, “We need to protect them both.”

Jimin says, “Hyung isn’t going to like that. He doesn’t want people to go out of their way for him.”

Hyesung says, “Well, I guess he’ll have to change that.”

A couple days later...

Jin opened his eyes and looked around the room. He looked at the foot of the infirmary bed and saw Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok sitting on the chairs. He smiled at how they were busy playing a card game.

“Good morning.”

Three heads turned his way and they stood up. Hoseok walked over and said, “Hyung. How are you feeling?”

Jin shrugged and said, “I feel rested and better. How long have I been out?”

Namjoon says, “For three days. We need to make sure the bullet wound was okay.”

Jin nodded and said, “Ah, yes. I got shot.” He looked around the room and started to sit up but groaned. Namjoon helped him sit up and put the pillow on his back.

Jin says, “Where is everyone else?”

Yoongi says, “They’re around.”

Jin coughed and Hoseok got him some water. Jin nodded and said, “Can you get Tae for me? I want to talk to her.”

Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok all stood there as stones. Their faces paled as they looked at Jin.

Jin looked at them and said, “Well? Why are you guys standing there? Go get Tae.”

Hoseok bit his bottom lip and said, “Hyung. Tae...is...”

Suddenly, Namjoon spoke, “Out. She’s with Minwoo hyung.”

Jin said, “She is? Huh. Okay. Well, when she gets back, can you tell her that I want to see her?”

Namjoon nodded and said, “Sure thing.” He pulled Hoseok and Yoongi’s arms as they walked out of the room.

Yoongi pulled himself away from Namjoon and says, “Okay, explain to me why we just lied to Jin hyung?”

Namjoon said, “It would cause him, even more, pain if he sees Tae in the bed next to him. We can’t let him know about Tae.”

Hoseok says, “Jin hyung will find out eventually.”

Every time Jin would ask about Tae he would get some lame answer. He was beginning to wonder if his sister was hiding from him.

The next day…

Jin was able to get out of bed and walk around. The wound has healed nicely and he was finally able to leave the infirmary and go back to his room. Yoongi and Jungkook were helping him out of the infirmary when he looked to the left and he saw the curtain blocking the bed next to him. He stopped and looked at the curtain. He kept wondering why Tae never visited him, why every time he would ask about his sister, he would never get the correct answer. Finally, he got tired of the answers. He pushed Yoongi and Jungkook off him and walked over to the curtain. Yoongi and Jungkook tried to keep him from moving the curtain, but he got to the bed before them and threw open the curtain. His face paled and he gasped. There on the bed lay Tae. Her whole top half of her body was covered with tape and gauze.

Jin looked at Yoongi and said, “What the hell happened to my sister?”

Yoongi opened his mouth, but nothing came out.

Jin raised his voice, “Min Yoongi! What happened to my sister?!”

Before Yoongi could answer, Eric walked in and said, “Your sister beat herself.”

Jin looked at Tae and walked over to her. He gently touched her face and her wrapped back and looked at Eric and said, “Why?”

Eric said, “We are not sure. We think because the pain she got from Super Junior, TVXQ, and then you getting shot might have had something to do with it, but we might be wrong.”

Jin looked down at Tae and then at Eric as he said, “How long has she been here?”

Eric sighed and said, “Four days.”

Jin looked at Tae again and said, “She hasn’t woken up?”

Ryeowook walked in and said, “She did. We fed her and soothed her tears.”

Jin looked at Ryeowook and said, “You guys did this to her? You made her do this?”

Leeteuk walked in and said, “Seokjin, we are sorry. We were trying to protect our younger members from her. And, I guess…”

Before Leeteuk could finish Jin said, “Leave. Now that I’m able to move around, I’ll take care of her.”

Ryeowook said, “Jin.”

Jin looked at them and said, “LEAVE! Thank you for patching her up, but your services are no longer needed. I will take care of my sister on my own.”

Ryeowook bowed and walked out of the room along with Leeteuk.

Jin brought a chair over and sat down next to her. Jin touched her cheek and said, “Tae. Tae, please wake up. It’s me, your Jinnie.”

Tears filled his eyes as he watched her laying here. He looked away and then looked at her and was shocked to see Tae looking at him.

Tae said, “Mianhe.”

Jin wiped his eyes and said, “There is no reason to be sorry. You are fine.”

Tae said, “I know you’re ashamed of me. I’m sorry, Jinnie.”

Jin said, “Don’t talk like that. I am not ashamed of you. I want to help you. I love you.”

Tae gave him a little smile and Jin said, “Does it hurt much?”

Tae said, “Not as much as before.”

Jin stood up and helped Tae to sit up. She hissed a little but she was able to finally sit up and she looked at Jin. Tae said, “How are you feeling?”

Jin smiled and said, “I’m doing a lot better.”

Tae nodded and said, “Can we go back to our room? I feel more comfortable there.”

Jin nodded and said, “Let’s go.”

Jin helped Tae down off the bed and he waited till she got her legs back and then he helped her out of the infirmary. Jin stopped and saw BTS, Shinhwa, and Jaejoong standing there and smiling at them. Jin smiled, but then he looked at Tae and saw her face pale. He looked at the direction she was looking and saw Yunho standing there. Tae suddenly started to move behind Jin and she looked down at the floor.

Jin stood in front of Tae and looked at Yunho and said, “As seeing you’re part of the cause of this, I suggest you leave.”

Jaejoong said, “Jin!”

Jin looked at Jaejoong and said, “My sister is uncomfortable around him. If what you said is true, I don’t want anyone here who won’t help protect my sister. I’m even having doubts about you being here. I need to get her calmed down.” He looked at Yunho and said, “We are leaving the room, but I think for your safety you should leave. I don’t know what Tae will do once she feels better.”

Jin took Tae’s hand gently and he slowly led her toward the stairs. A shirt appeared in front of him and he looked over to see Andy standing there. Andy said, “I think she would be better wearing a shirt.”

Jin nodded and took the shirt. He placed it around Tae’s shoulders and they walked up the stairs. Everyone watched them and when they heard the door of Tae’s room close, Eric looked at Jaejoong and Yunho and said, “I think it would be best that you both leave the house.”

Jaejoong said, “But, Eric hyung?”

Yoongi said, “You heard what Jin hyung said. He doesn’t trust either of you. Right now, his main focus is Tae. But, I do agree with Jin hyung, you have no idea what she will be like once she feels better.”

A week passed…

Jin and Tae got closer and the marks on Tae’s back had healed, but unfortunately, they will not fade away. She has started to smile and joke around with BTS and Shinhwa. Jin smiled as he was outside and watching Tae playing tag with Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook. He laughed when Tae grabbed Jimin and tickled him.

Eric stood next to him and said, “So, has Tae said anything about what happened between you and her?”

Jin sighed and said, “She was debating on visiting Super Junior and TVXQ.”

Eric’s eyes went wide and said, “What? She’s not planning on doing anything, is she?”

Jin shook his head and said, “No. She wants to know if they still feel the same since she was hurt. If it was me, I would never forgive them, but she is different. She wants to forgive and forget.”

Eric looked over and saw Hoseok had now entered the game and grabbed Tae and put her over his shoulder. She was laughing as he was patting her backside. Then he started to twirl around with her on his shoulder. Jin smiled as he watched them.

Jin said, “I can’t believe that we almost got separated. We both almost died.”

Eric looked at Jin and said, “I, um, was wondering if you and Tae would like to accompany me somewhere.”

Jin looked at Eric and said, “Oh? Where?”

Eric looked and saw Yoongi and Namjoon along with Andy and Junjin have started to play and he said, “To Busan.”

 

To be continued…

 

Author’s Note:

So, what did you think of this chapter? Just so you know, Tae is so emotionally distraught after what happened to Jin, that she was whipping herself with the twigs. She was pretty much punishing herself because she thought it was her fault that Jin was shot. I am sorry that I have made Tae so emo. But, don’t worry, she won’t be like that for long. She’ll be back to her bad self soon.

For many of you that don’t know Korean:

‘Mianhe’ means sorry.
‘Abeoji’ means father.

I don’t like making Tae so emo, but whenever something happens to Jin it seems like she becomes emo, but she wasn’t kidding when she threatened Ryeowook, Leeteuk, and Zhou Mi if they didn’t save Jin. She will kill if she has too. And as seeing Jin is so precious to her, she wants him to be better.

But, now she seems to want to reconcile with them, but I’m not too sure. Plus, Super Junior doesn’t know anything about Ares.

Hmm, wonder what could be in Busan that Jin and Tae have to come along for?

We’ll find out soon.

 

If you liked the story and/or chapter, please…

 

                                                    SUBSCRIBE…COMMENT…UPVOTE!!!