Chapter 13

Siren

* No spanking in the chapter. Swear word. *

Now that Tae is out of the picture, Shinhwa and BTS can focus on more important matters: dealing with the three gangs who want to overthrow Shinhwa and target the Siren.

It just so happens that one day while Andy and Jin were out, they were stopped by Myungsoo and Sunggyu.

Sunggyu walked towards them and said, “Well, isn’t this special. Shinhwa and BTS together. I never imagined that BTS would get together with Shinhwa.” He looks at Jin and said, “So, you haven’t asked your leader if you can take his job? You are the eldest.”

Jin said, “It doesn’t matter how old you are, but how much you know. Namjoon is perfectly capable of taking care of BTS better than I can. Besides, I don’t want that responsibility anyway.”

Andy says, “So, what do you want? Having a morning walk?”

Myungsoo chuckled and said, “Hardly. We heard from Yongguk that a young girl cheated on him and now he wants her.”

Andy says, “So? What does that have to do with us?”

Myungsoo says, “He found out that she is Jin’s sister.” He looks at Jin and says, “He wants Tae.”

Jin says, “Tae’s not here. She went back to America.”

Myungsoo said, “Do you think we are idiots? We know she is still here. Not only that, but the Siren is here as well.”

Jin and Andy tensed up when Myungsoo said that. They hope that the Infinite members won’t realize that Tae is, in fact, the Siren.

Jin says, “So the Siren came around the same time as Tae. So, what?”

Myungsoo says, “It’s a coincidence if you think about it. I have a sinking feeling that Tae and the Siren are the same person.”

Jin laughed and said, “Give me a break. My sister is not even capable of killing a person. So, you think that she is the Siren is just plain bull.”

Sunggyu looks at Jin and says, “You can try and pretend that she isn’t. But, we will find out and when we do. Your precious sister won’t be alive after we are done with her. She stepped over the line when she killed EXO.”

Andy said, “EXO got what they deserved. They acted like they were a bunch of badass guys, but nothing more than brainless teenagers. They got caught up in the Siren and she actually did us a favor. At least one of the big gangs is gone.”

Myungsoo growled and started to walk toward Andy when Sunggyu stopped him and said, “Don’t. We don’t need to make a scene here. We’ll take care of this at a later time.” He looks at Andy and Jin and said, “Make sure you guys keep your eyes open. You never know when someone might jump you.” Then he looks at Jin and says, “Watch out for your sister. We’ll find out where she is and take care of her.”

They turned and walked away as they were laughing. Andy looked at Jin and saw that he was worried. They walked back to the BTS house and stepped into the house when Namjoon walked out of the kitchen and saw them. He says, “Hey, guys. I didn’t expect you guys to be back so soon.”

Hoseok ran out and said, “Did you get any ice cream? We ran out.” He started to pout.

The others walked out of the den and saw Andy and Jin, but were surprised when Jin turned and walked past Namjoon and Hoseok and toward the kitchen. They looked at Andy.

“We have a problem. We just got stopped by Sunggyu and Myungsoo.”

Eric says, “Infinite stopped you? Why?”

Andy says, “To inform us.”

Eric says, “To inform us of what?”

Andy sighed and looked in the kitchen but didn’t see Jin. He saw him outside. Andy said, “Infinite knows that Tae is the Siren.”

Everyone gasped and Junjin said, “How do they know?”

Andy shrugged and said, “I don’t know. But, they must’ve figured two and two and they were able to figure out that around the same time the Siren came to Korea, was the same time that Tae came here.”

Namjoon looked at Andy and said, “How is Jin hyung taking it?”

Andy motioned with his head and said, “You saw how he looked. It broke his heart that his sister is still targeted even though she is with TVXQ. He’s regretting letting her go.”

Yoongi sighed and said, “So, what do we do?”

Eric said, “I think I’ll need to talk to Yunho. Let him know what we found out.”

Meanwhile...At the TVXQ house...

It was late at night. Everyone had gone to bed and it was dark in the house but the light of the full moon brightened the inside a little.

Tae looked at the clock and it was 2 am. She was pacing around the room. She is having a panic attack because she’s in a different house. She was busy fidgeting and whimpering as she was pacing the floor. She would go to the door but back away. She didn’t know that much of the house, and it scared her because she’s afraid she’ll get lost or go somewhere she’s not supposed to go. She kept pacing from one end of the room to the other and whimpering.

Suddenly Tae stopped moving. She heard rumbling. She looked around and tried to figure out what that was. She heard a sound coming from the window. She looks over and sees it’s getting wet. Rain. Then her eyes went wide when she saw it...lightning. Then a few seconds later, came the thunder. She cried out and covered her ears. The thunder was so loud it shook the house and rattled the windows.

Tae started to shake and her breathing started to quicken. She waited and she saw the lightning again and the thunder was louder and rattled the windows again as she cried out and opened her door. She ran out and down the stairs. She was running around the downstairs. She ran into the kitchen and opened all the drawers. She found a sharp knife.

She walked around as she was breathing heavily and looking around. She was sweating and she held the knife tightly in her hands. She heard movement upstairs and she moved behind a pillar. She heard voices as they were coming downstairs.

“I don’t know. I went to check up on her because this is her first time in a new house, and she was gone.”

“Well, she couldn’t have gone far. We’ll see where she could be.” Went to flip the switch and nothing. “Ah, . The lightning must’ve hit a power line.”

“Yunho, we need to find her. I don’t like it that she’s scared of the lightning and thunder.”

Yunho sighed and looked behind him to see Junsu, Yoochun, and Changmin awake as well. Yunho said, “Come on, we have to find Tae. She’s scared. But, be careful when you find her.”

They scattered and went looking for her. Another flash of lightning and the booming sound of the thunder vibrated the house and rattled the windows again. Jaejoong walked into the kitchen and looked around to see wherever Tae could be.

A flash of lightning again lit up Tae walking toward Jaejoong as another flash came with an even louder thunder as Jaejoong turned around and saw Tae with a knife. He cried out as the knife sliced his right arm. Tae cried out and tried to stab him as Jaejoong cried out for some help. Tae used her foot and was able to trip Jaejoong on his back. She straddled his waist as she tried stabbing him again and he grabbed her wrist. She pulled his hand off her wrist and she punched him in the face as she cried out in pain. Her hand hurt from hitting Jaejoong in the face, but she went to slice Jaejoong again when her wrist was grabbed and she was pulled off Jaejoong.

Tae struggled against the person holding her and she used the knife to slice their arm as well. She was able to move away as she heard the next person groan from the slice. She watched as they were on the floor holding their arms. She looked over and saw three more walks into the kitchen.

Tae held up the knife and said, “Move any more feet, and I swear I’ll kill them.”

Yoochun sighed and he could see her eyes were round like saucers. He realized that she was very scared, but also she could be reliving a part of her life that caused her to go psychotic.

“You’ve already killed my family, I will NOT allow you to kill me. I’ll fight you till one of us dies.”

Yoochun was right. She is reliving after her parents dying. She must’ve been attacked after that. Yoochun stepped forward and said, “Tae Eun. We are not here to hurt you. We want to help you.”

Tae gripped the knife tighter and said, “Bull, you’re only saying that so I won’t kill you. Forget it. YOU took EVERYTHING away from me!”

Tae lunged at Yoochun and he grabbed her wrists and tried to keep himself from getting hurt.

The Butler ran in just in time to see what was going on. Yunho looked at him and said, “Turn the generator on. We need to get her to see who she is attacking.”

The Butler ran downstairs to turn the generator on. He wished the power button for the generator was closer. He found the power box and opened it. He prayed that nothing happened to the generator. He touched the red button and waited. He felt his heart sink when nothing happened, and then a few seconds later, the downstairs was flooded with light. The butler smiled but then he jumped when he heard a scream upstairs. He ran upstairs to see Tae standing there with a pale face.

The bloody knife had been dropped as it spattered blood on the marble floor. She whimpered as she saw Yunho and Jaejoong holding their arms as blood was seeping through the shirt sleeves. She looked over and saw Changmin and Junsu run over to help them. Yoochun stood next to her with his hand on her wrist. He could feel her shaking. Suddenly, she forcibly pushed Yoochun away from her and backed away.

Jaejoong stood up and looked at Tae. He said, “Tae Eun, don’t be afraid. We aren’t going to hurt you.”

Tae shook her head and said, “No. I...I hurt you...I can’t do this.”

Jaejoong walked toward her but stopped when she took a few more steps away. Jaejoong said, “Sweetie, what’s wrong? Why are you so scared?”

Tae’s eyes filled up with tears and she said, “I...I’m a monster. I...I kill people. I...I killed my parents.”

Jaejoong sighed and said, “No, you didn’t. They died in a car accident. You had no control over it.”

Tae shook her head and said, “NO! It wasn’t a car accident. They were murdered, but I led them outside. They wanted me to go with them to a party! I didn’t want to go.”

Jaejoong’s heart went out to Tae. He took another step and said, “Little Tae, you didn’t do anything wrong. We will find the people responsible for their death.”

Tae stood there as tears ran down her cheeks as she said, “EXO...is dead.”

Jaejoong looked at everyone and then at Tae. He said, “Sweetie, how do you know EXO?”

Tae wiped her eyes with her hands and said, “I...I killed them.”

Tae looked down at her hands and noticed blood was on them. Then a flashback of when she killed EXO in cold blood. She took another few steps until she felt her back hit the wall and she looked over at Jaejoong. Another tear slipped down her cheek as she slid to the floor.

Jaejoong ran over and used his good hand and brushed her bangs from her eyes as he lifted her face to look at him. He gasped as he saw clearly an empty look in her eyes. He said, “Tae Eun, can you hear me? Tae Eun, it’s me Jaejoong.”

Tae kept her eyes on Jaejoong, but everything was fuzzy. She said, “Jinnie.” And then everything went black and she fell limp and if Jaejoong hadn’t been holding her, she would’ve collapsed to the floor.

Jaejoong looked over and said, “Yoochun. Take Tae to the infirmary. Junsu calls Ryeowook. We need him to come over and see Tae.”

Jaejoong stood up when Yoochun picked up Tae. Changmin said, “Should we call her brother?”

Jaejoong shook his head and said, “No. We don’t need him to worry about her. She needs to stay safe and being away from her brother is the best thing for her.”

Changmin said, “But, hyung, they are family. Shouldn’t we let him know?”

Yunho spoke up and said, “No. Jae is right. We don’t let Jin know. If we do, he’s going to come here, which could cause someone to see him and everything will fail. No. We will notify him if it’s REALLY serious.”

Some of the maids woke up from the all the noise and the senior maid said, “I’ll get some towels and a bowl of water and wash the blood off her.”

Jaejoong nodded his thanks.

Ryeowook arrived at the TVXQ house within a few minutes. He brought along Sungmin and Leeteuk as well. Jaejoong led them to the infirmary and they gasped as they saw a pale Tae on the bed.

Jaejoong explained to Leeteuk what happened and Leeteuk wrapped his arms around Jaejoong. They had walked out of the room and sat down in the living room waiting for the news from Ryeowook. It was almost an hour later, that Ryeowook walked out with Sungmin.

Jaejoong looked up at Ryeowook and said, “Well? How is she?”

Ryeowook sighed and said, “She’s stable. She had a panic attack which led her to go on a rampage. As I was conducting an examination of Tae. I came across scars on her back. Do any of you know about this?”

TVXQ shook their heads. Jaejoong said, “No one had told us about that. I wonder what happened.”

Ryeowook nodded and said, “Same here. Also, I found this on her.”

Ryeowook took from his pocket a small bag. He handed it to Jaejoong and said, “It’s a beautiful piece of jewelry.”

Jaejoong took the bag and looked at it. It was a sapphire dolphin. Jaejoong nodded and said, “It sure is. I never knew that Tae would have something so lavish on her person.

Junsu walked over and took it from Jaejoong as he looked at it and said, “Hyung, I’ve seen this before.”

Everyone looked at Junsu and Jaejoong said, “Oh? Where did you see this?”

He handed the necklace back and said, “One second.” He ran up the stairs and into his room. He fumbled through all the books he had. He threw them on the bed. They were law books. Some of the books showed some of the many cases that were still open and some that were closed. He looked through two more books before he found what he was looking for. He ran back downstairs and over to Jaejoong. He opened the book and laid it down in front of them. There in a book was the very same sapphire dolphin.

Jaejoong looked at it and said, “What?” Then he looked at the inscription under the picture that read, ‘Siren’s sapphire dolphin.’

Jaejoong looked up at Junsu and said, “Siren? You mean the ghost that no one has seen? The one that has never been caught?”

Junsu nodded and said, “Yes, the very same one.”

Jaejoong said, “But, why would Tae be walking around with a killer’s necklace?”

Leeteuk sighed and said, “I wonder if Heechul was correct.”

Yoochun said, “What do you mean?”

Leeteuk stood up and looked at everyone. He said, “Remember what Heechul said? The Siren appeared on Korean soil at the same time that Tae did. Then, the sudden annihilation of EXO by the unknown Siren. And now we have the dolphin.”

Jaejoong gasped and said, “Tae Eun...is the Siren?”

Leeteuk nodded and said, “I believe she is. Did BTS or Shinhwa not tell you?”

Jaejoong shook his head and said, “No. They didn’t say anything.”

Leeteuk said, “I wonder if we should call Eric hyung and let him know about her being Siren.”

Jaejoong shook his head and said, “No. Don’t call them.”

Ryeowook said, “Why not? We can’t have a killer walking amongst us.”

Jaejoong said, “She’s not a killer.”

Sungmin said, “But, look at what she did to you and Yunho.”

Jaejoong sighed and said, “She’s at a different house. She got scared with the lightning and thunder. Please, don’t call anyone. I made a promise to her brother that I would protect her.”

Yoochun spoke up and said, “You still want to protect a killer?”

Jaejoong stood up and glared at Yoochun and said, “You too? Are ALL of you against protecting her now that we know who she is?”

Yunho said, “Jae, we need to figure out what we’re going to do.”

Jaejoong said, “I can’t believe you guys. One minute you’re willing to protect her, but now you know she’s the Siren and you want to throw her under the bus. I’m sorry, but I can’t give up on her. I gave my promise to Jin, and I can’t break his heart. They already lost their parents. I can’t destroy the family even more.”

Jaejoong started to walk toward the infirmary when Yunho spoke up, “Hyung.”

Jaejoong stood there and said, “How could you do this Yunho? I thought you’d at least back me up. She needs help. I can’t abandon her. She’s like my little sister.”

Yunho said, “She’s not related to us.”

Jaejoong glared at Yunho and said, “It doesn’t matter if she’s related to us. I won’t give up on her.”

Jaejoong walked out of the room as the rest looked at each other. Ryeowook had patched up Yunho and he sighed as he walked into the infirmary and saw Jaejoong was laying his head on the bed and his eyes were closed. Ryeowook went to work to patch up Jaejoong’s arm without him waking up. Once that was done, he walked out of the infirmary and looked at everyone.

“Call me if there is a change in Tae. We will have to figure out what to do now that we know she’s Siren. I still think we should talk to the Shinhwa hyungs or even to BTS.”

Changmin spoke, “What about Jaejoong hyung? He doesn’t want them to know because it could hurt her brother. I know we are shocked with the news, but if you think about it, since we’ve had her in the house and over at Super Junior’s house she hasn’t tried to kill us.”

Junsu said, “True, but she attacked one of the guards.”

Changmin looked at Junsu and said, “Wouldn’t you if people you didn’t know grabbed you, and wouldn’t let go? She was scared.”

Yunho said, “So, we should give her a chance?”

Changmin nodded and said, “Yes. Give Tae and Jaejoong hyung a chance. I don’t like him taking care of her alone.”

Yunho stood up and said, “Well, apparently our maknae is wise beyond his years.” Then he looked at Leeteuk and said, “When you get back home, don’t tell anyone about what you found out. Just tell them that we got hurt or Tae got hurt. Nothing more.”

Ryeowook, Sungmin, and Leeteuk left the house. Junsu, Yoochun, and Changmin all went back upstairs to their beds while Yunho walked into the infirmary. He saw Jaejoong sitting next to Tae’s bed with his head on the bed sleeping. Yunho walked over and looked Jaejoong and smiled, then his eyes traveled over to Tae and he gasped. She was staring at him. He could see the pain, anger, and emptiness in her eyes.

She looked to see Jaejoong sleeping and then she looked at Yunho and softly said, “You know.”

 

To be continued...

 

Author’s Note:

What did you think of this chapter? Wow. All I can say is WOW. I never expected this. I know I haven’t brought up the reason for the scars on her back. I’ll bring it up in later chapters. But, now they know she is the Siren. But, the question is, will they still protect her? Jaejoong still wants to protect her because of the promise he made to Jin.

Just so you know, Tae sometimes will have flashbacks of times she has killed whether it’s in the States on in Korea. She’s been having nightmares for a long time. But, now there is more of a reveal on her life and about the death of her parents. Did she really get mad at them and their death is her fault? So many things were going on, so she might’ve done that, or it might not be.

So Heechul was correct. When he told them that he was suspicious about Tae and Siren being one in the same.

So, do you think Super Junior and TVXQ are going to stick around and protect her? I wonder if Jin will find out what happened. I hope not, it could crush him.

I wanted to post a chapter today, as seeing in the morning, I’ll be going to my school for the ambulance ride to a hospital. Don’t worry, nothing happened to me. Apparently, it’s a hospital simulation drill. Not sure what they are going to do, but I have to get to my school and they will drive us to a hospital (there are two of them, so not sure which one I’ll be going to), and then we’ll do the simulation drill and then be driven back to the college and I’ll go home.

I’ve never ridden in an ambulance before, so this will be exciting. Anyway...

 

If you like the story and/or chapter, please...

 

                                                     SUBSCRIBE...COMMENT...UPVOTE!!!