Chapter 12

Siren

*No spanking in this chapter*

After they had left the BTS house, it was quiet in the car. Jaejoong was sitting next to Tae in the back seat and he kept looking over at her. He saw how sad and lonely she looked. He remembered how she was acting tough at the house, but now she shut everything out. Jaejoong sighed and looked to his right and saw Junsu had fallen asleep. Changmin was sitting in the seat across from Jaejoong and looked at Tae.

Changmin bit his bottom lip and said, “Tae Eun, when we get to the house, do you want to go shopping?”

Changmin’s face lit up, but his face frowned when she didn’t respond. Changmin looked at Jaejoong. Jaejoong shook his head at him, and then looked over at Tae. She hadn’t said a word.

Finally, Yunho turns onto a road and Tae’s expression changes. Tae rolls the window down and her eyes widens. There is the most beautiful blue lake that you could ever imagine. There were geese, ducks, cranes, and other water birds on the lake. She saw how the lake mirrored the sky. They drove past it and Tae’s face changed to a pout. She heard Jaejoong next to her speak.

“Don’t worry Tae. You can go see the lake.”

Tae looked over at Jaejoong with a surprised expression and said, “Really?”

Jaejoong could tell that Tae’s personality changes drastically. He had to keep from laughing at how she bounced from being mopey to being overjoyed about a lake.

Jaejoong nodded and said, “Yeah. But, first I want you to put your things away and then come back outside and I’ll take you to the lake.”

The car stopped and immediately Tae jumped out of the car and was shocked to see the lake was right next to them. She started to run toward the lake when she heard her name called.

“KIM TAE EUN!”

Tae turned around and looked at Jaejoong. Jaejoong had his hands on his hips and said, “What did I just tell you to do in the car? Come inside the house and I’ll show you to your room.”

Tae turned to the lake and sighed. She turned and walked over to Jaejoong. He reached out to take her hand but she moved past him. Jaejoong sighed and knew that it’s too soon for her to think of them as friends yet.

Jaejoong walked up the stairs with one of Tae’s bags while Tae brought up the other two. Jaejoong opened a door and stood to the side. Tae walked over and looked inside. She was amazed at the beauty of the room. It looked like something royalty would stay in.

The walls were a deep red with gold filigree around the edges. Paintings littered the walls. A huge Queen Size bed was against the wall and it had a red velvet blanket. The floor was wood but on top of that was a beautiful red and gold carpet. She looked over and saw a desk and chair. Then on the other side was a dresser with a mirror.

Tae turned to look at Jaejoong and said, “Um, is...there another room to stay in?”

Jaejoong was surprised by her question. He said, “What do you not like the room?”

Tae shook her head and said, “No. It’s lovely, it’s just that it’s too much. I’m not used to being a grand room like this.”

Jaejoong smiled and said, “Well, we don’t offer simple rooms here. Every room is grand. I just figured that the sister of BTS would love to live like a princess.”

Tae blushed and looked away. Jaejoong realized that Tae doesn’t take well to compliments much. He’ll have to work around it.

He cleared his throat and said, “Why don’t you put away your things and come outside. I’ll show you around and especially the lake.”

Tae nodded and watched as Jaejoong closed the door. Tae started putting all her clothes in the dresser drawers and she was about to put her bags in the closet when she ped a pocket and took out a necklace. Not just any necklace. The dolphin necklace. She sighed and put it around her neck. She made sure the necklace was covered by her shirt. She put her hair in a ponytail and walked out of the room. She walked down the stairs and out the door. She saw Jaejoong standing at the pier. She walked over and saw some of the hired help as they bowed to her. She nodded her head and jogged over to Jaejoong. He was watching some cranes in the middle looking for fish when Tae stopped next to him.

He said, “This is one of my favorite places to be when I need to calm down.”

Tae looked at the lake and watched as some geese were flying over the water as their wing tips touched the water and created a ring.

Jaejoong smiled as he saw a pair of swans swimming when he heard sniffles. He turned to look and saw Tae standing there with tears running down her face. Jaejoong went to touch her, but she flinched and took a step back.

Jaejoong looked at Tae and said, “Tae are you alright?”

Tae wiped her eyes and said, “I...I did something wrong.”

Jaejoong said, “My dear. What did you do wrong?”

Tae whimpered and said, “Jin is mad at me. That’s why he had me go with you. I’m a burden to him.”

Tae covered her face with her hands and started to sob. Jaejoong couldn’t believe that Tae would think that Jin was heartless enough to send her away. Jaejoong’s heart hurt as he watched her. He walked over and lightly touched her shoulder and when she didn’t flinch, he wrapped his arms around her. He felt her hands go around his waist as she continued to cry.

Jaejoong said, “My little Tae. Jin isn’t mad at you. He’s trying to protect you. He doesn’t want to see you hurt, so he had to send you away.”

Jaejoong rubbed her back for a while in order to get her to calm down. After a few minutes, she pulled away from Jaejoong and looked at him. He smiled and wiped the tears from her eyes.

Tae said, “But, I wanted to be there with him. I need to protect him too. He’s the only family I have. I can’t lose him.”

Jaejoong said, “You’re not going to lose him. He’s got the Shinhwa hyungs and his other BTS members. He’ll be fine. If he was able to manage without you there, he’ll still be able to manage.”

Tae sighed and looked at the ground as she said, “I’m sorry.”

Jaejoong lifted Tae’s chin and said, “Why are you sorry?”

Tae said, “Because I cried. I try not to because it shows weakness.”

Jaejoong laughed and said, “Tae Eun, crying is the best medicine. I have learned to NEVER let whatever bothers me held up inside. It will eventually eat away at you and make you even MORE miserable. Crying is the best thing.”

Tae sniffled and said, “Really?”

Jaejoong nodded and said, “I cry all the time. Though most of the time I don’t show it around the other members. But, I do cry. I’m like the most sensitive in the group.”

Tae sighed and said, “Thank you, Jaejoong.”

Jaejoong smiled and said, “You’re welcome. That’s the other thing about this lake. It helps to bring out your feelings. Did it help?”

Tae nodded and said, “Yes it did. Can...Can I come to the lake whenever I feel down, as seeing I don’t have Jin around?”

Jaejoong nodded and said, “Yes you can. Just as long as you stay close to the house. The lake goes past our territory and I don’t want you to get hurt. Understand?”

Tae nodded and said, “I understand. Thank you again.”

Jaejoong smiled and said, “No problem. I saw how your face lit up when we passed by. I figured this would make you happy.”

Tae nodded and said, “I like being near lakes. I was by a lake back home in the States.”

Jaejoong nodded and said, “With your parents?”

Tae bit her bottom lip and wiped her eyes again. Jaejoong realized he hit a nerve and he sighed as he said, “If you don’t want to talk about it, I won’t push. But, I know talking about it will help.”

Tae sighed and said, “I know. But, I still have gotten over it.”

Jaejoong sighed and ran his hand over her head and said, “Don’t worry about it. I’m a good listener if you ever need me.”

Tae looked at Jaejoong and smiled. Jaejoong was so pleased to finally see her smile. He thought she had a pretty smile.

Jaejoong said, “Aww, my little Tae smiled.”

Tae blushed and said, “Little Tae? I’m not little. I’m 21.”

Jaejoong ruffled Tae’s hair and said, “You’ll always be little to me.”

Jaejoong looked up when he heard Yunho call him. They walked over and Yunho said, “I just called Leeteuk and he said that we could go over by them anytime.”

Jaejoong looks at Tae and said, “Do you want to meet the Super Junior gang?”

Tae bit her bottom lip and said, “I...I don’t know. Can I just stay here?”

Jaejoong shakes his head and said, “No one is going to be here. You have to stay within our sight. So, sorry but you’ll have to come with us.”

Tae sighed as they got into the limo again and Yunho drove to the SuJu hideout. Tae was shocked at how big the house looked. It looked like a mansion. They got out of the car and were ready to walk into the house when they stopped. Jaejoong turned around and saw Tae still sitting in the car.

Jaejoong was about to go over to the car when they heard shouting. They turned and saw so many guys running down the steps and over to them. They gave hugs to each of them. Leeteuk was so happy to see them.

Leeteuk said, “I was just surprised to get a call from Yunho.”

Yunho laughed and said, “Well, we were pretty busy ourselves. So, we never had time to call and talk.”

Leeteuk said, “Well, let’s go inside. We can talk there.”

Jaejoong held up a finger and said, “Uh, not yet.”

Everyone looked at Jaejoong and he pointed at the car. Sungmin walked over to Jaejoong and said, “Who is that?”

Jaejoong said, “That, my dear Sungmin hyung is a very special person and the reason for our visit.”

Sungmin’s eyes went wide and said, “Really?”

Jaejoong nodded and said, “Yes.” When Sungmin started to run over to the car, Jaejoong grabbed him and took a few steps back.

Sungmin said, “Jaejoong, why did you do that?”

Jaejoong said, “Because Tae Eun is very shy and she doesn’t do well with new people. We need to be polite and not hyper around her.”

Sungmin nodded and he walked with Jaejoong over to the car. Jaejoong opened the car door and immediately Tae moved to the other side of the car. Sungmin saw how scared she looked. She looked behind Sungmin and saw the other people. She kept her eyes on Sungmin. She saw he had a nice smile, but even with nice smiles, he could be a mean person.

Sungmin slowly brought his hand towards her but she tensed up and pushed herself more to the side of the car. She moved her hands around behind her and found the door handle. She opened the door and she fell out the side of the car. Sungmin and Jaejoong immediately ran over to see if she was alright. By the time they got over to the other side, Tae was surrounded by the Super Junior guards. Jaejoong wanted to run over and protect her from them, but Siwon stood in front and they watched.

Tae looked at the guards and then over at Super Junior and TVXQ and she said, “Jaejoong?”

Jaejoong wanted to help her. After all, he promised Jin that she wouldn’t be hurt. Jaejoong watched as one of the guards walked over and grabbed her arm and then used his other hand and grabbed the back of her neck which caused her to bow to him. She felt the pressure on her neck and arm. She tried to struggle but he held her. She looked around and noticed that he has a gun in his belt. She felt more pressure on her neck and she could feel him trying to get her kneel. She wasn’t going to let him take advantage of her. She stepped on his foot which caused him to cry out and loosen the hold on her neck. She grabbed the gun out of the belt and aimed it at him. She lowered it and shot his thigh, causing him to cry out in pain as blood seeped out of the wound.

The other guards took out their guns and aimed them at her. She looked at the bleeding man and then she looked up at SuJu and TVXQ. She narrowed her eyes at Jaejoong.

“Was this supposed to be a test, Jaejoong? Or are you going against your promise you made to Jin? I should warn you that I don’t like being used for other’s enjoyment.”

Jaejoong moved away from Super Junior and held up his hands and said, “Tae, believe me, I didn’t know they were going to do this.” He saw the gun in her hand and said, “Tae, can you give me the gun?”

Without batting an eyelash Tae said, “Not until someone tells their hounds to put away their guns first.”

Jaejoong turns around and looks at Leeteuk and said, “Hyung. I made a promise to her brother that she wouldn’t be hurt. Can you get your men to lower their guns?”

Leeteuk stepped forward and said, “First, I’d like to know, who is her brother?”

Jaejoong sighed and said, “Kim Seokjin.”

Super Junior gasped and Leeteuk smirked as he said, “A BTS sister? Nice.”

Leeteuk motioned to the guards and they lowered their guns and helped their colleague up.

Jaejoong walked over and took the gun from Tae. He handed the gun to Leeteuk.

Leeteuk said, “Let’s go in.”

Jaejoong nodded as he saw everyone walk in. He looked over and saw Tae standing there with her head lowered. He sighed and walked over. Jaejoong touched her shoulder and felt her flinch.

Tae lifted her head and looked at Jaejoong. His eyes widened when he saw that her eyes were empty. She walked toward him and in a low yet dangerous tone, she said, “If you let anything happen to me...I will not hesitate again.”

She moved away from him and walked toward the house. Jaejoong turned around and he looked at his hands as they were shaking. What in the world just happened? Tae threatened him, but the tone she took was very sinister and deadly. He’s never heard a tone like that before. Now, he’s wondering if he did the right thing by taking her under his wing and bringing her to see Super Junior. He walked in just as the maids were coming around and handing drinks to everyone. He noticed that Tae wasn’t in the room.

Changmin walked over and said, “She’s in the kitchen.”

Jaejoong takes a beer and a glass of water and walks into the kitchen. He couldn’t believe what he was seeing. Tae was talking to the maids, chef, and butlers. He walked over to the kitchen island and just leaned on the counter as he watched her help the chef by putting a strawberry syrup over some ice cream for dessert. She walked over to the refrigerator and took out some whipped cream canisters and started to put whipped cream on them and then a cherry.

Tae looked at the chef and said, “As seeing, we’re not having dessert, put it in the refrigerator until it’s time to bring them out. At least they will be nice and cool. They won’t melt, and the whipped cream won’t go bad.”

The chef was so happy with Tae. He helped her put them in the refrigerator and he watched as she was helping the maids with putting the drinks on trays. She walked with the maids until she saw Jaejoong. She set down the tray and walked over to him.

“How long were you standing there?”

Jaejoong smiled and said, “Long enough to watch you make a dessert that looks delicious.”

Tae blushed and looked away.

Jaejoong put the glass of water in front of her and said, “I don’t know if you drink liquor, so I figured you’d like water instead.”

Tae nodded and drank the water as she said, “I drink liquor.”

Jaejoong looked at her but didn’t say anything.

Tae said, “Red wine. But, I don’t drink it much, and Jin knows that I can’t take liquor too well.”

Jaejoong nodded and said, “Good to know. I, um, wanted to say ‘I’m sorry’.”

Tae looked at him and said, “Why?”

Jaejooong sighed as he looked at his beer and said, “For what happened outside.”

Tae sighed and said, “Whatever happened out there doesn’t matter anymore.”

Jaejoong looks at Tae as she picks up the tray and walks out of the kitchen. He shakes his head and can’t figure Tae out. She definitely has a split personality. One minute she could be ready to kill and the next she can be the nicest person.

He walks into the other room and sees that Tae is sitting with TVXQ. He can see how insecure she is with Super Junior.

Siwon speaks up and says, “Okay, Yunho hyung, what is going on? Leeteuk hyung gets a phone call from you saying that both groups have to talk. What’s up?”

Yunho looks at Jaejoong and then at Super Junior and then says, “Three gangs are gathering together to try and take down the Shinhwa hyungs...and BTS.”

Siwon looks over to Tae who had her head on Junsu’s shoulder and looking at the floor. Siwon looked at Yunho and said, “How did you find out about this and what gangs?”

Yunho said, “Infinite, B.A.P, and VIXX are the three gangs and they found out by a spy. Someone planted a cassette in the room and taped Bang Yongguk talking about taking down Shinhwa and BTS.”

Donghae stood up and walked over to Tae. He knelt down and he saw her tense up. He reached out and took her hand in his and said, “Don’t worry, Tae Eun. We will protect you and your family.”

Tae looked at him and pulled her hand out of his and quickly stood up. Everyone tensed up and she glared at Donghae and said, “How dare you say that. How can you sit there and say you will protect me and MY family.” Tears started to fill her eyes as she stood there and said, “My family was murdered by EXO! Don’t talk to me about family!”

Tae ran out of the room and through the kitchen, eventually going outside in the night air. Donghae looked at Jaejoong and said, “Did you know about that?”

Jaejoong sighed and said, “We knew that her family was killed, but we didn’t know from who.”

Yunho said, “Right now, our main priority is protecting Tae. For some reason, she is being targeted by those three gangs and we don’t know why. Shinhwa and BTS didn’t tell us.”

Ryeowook said, “What about Jin? How is he taking it that you have his sister?”

Jaejoong says, “He gave us Tae. He strictly told me to protect her. But, I’m wondering if I’m doing the right thing. I might screw up.”

Ryeowook sighed and said, “Hyung, don’t worry. You’re doing a good job with her. She has to get accustomed to something different now.”

Jaejoong nodded and said, “I know. But my heart hurts each time I find out something that went wrong with her.”

Zhou Mi spoke, “So, why did those gangs come out?”

Junsu said, “Someone annihilated EXO.”

Shindong’s eyes went wide and he said, “Wait. EXO is gone? How can that be? They were one of the most powerful gangs aside from Shinhwa.”

Junsu shrugged and said, “We don’t know. Again, we weren’t given any clues as to what happened. But, right after EXO was killed, Tae was targeted.”

Leeteuk said, “Did Tae do anything to EXO?”

Sungmin said, “Hyung, how could she do anything like that? She doesn’t have any knowledge of gangs.” Then he said, “Aside from Shinhwa, BTS, TVXQ and now us.”

Heechul finally spoke up and said, “What about the Siren?”

Everyone turned to him and Siwon said, “What do you mean about the Siren?”

Heechul said, “Think about it. Everything started picking up once the Siren made her appearance known on Korean soil.”

Leeteuk said, “So, what does that have to do with Tae?”

Heechul looks at Leeteuk and says, “When she came to Korea, that’s when the Siren appeared and now she’s targeted.”

Kangin says, “Wait. Are you suggesting that Tae is the Siren?”

Heechul looked at Kangin.

Kangin shook his head and said, “There’s no way in hell that Tae is the Siren. The Siren is a cold-blooded killer. You heard what she did back in the States. She killed at least five gangs.”

Eunhyuk said, “Yeah, but those five gangs were ruthless killers. She did the law enforcement a favor.”

Heechul looks at everyone and says, “I’m just saying. Watch Tae. See what she does. I’m not saying she is the Siren, but you never know. Besides, you saw what she did to our guards.”

Yunho said, “True, but you have to look. Her family is in a gang.”

Heechul shook his head and said, “Zhou Mi and Henry are in a gang, but their families are not. Neither of them can fight.”

Jaejoong stood up and said, “I’m going to check up on Tae.”

Jaejoong made his way through the kitchen and outside. He saw Tae laying on her back on the grass. She had her arm covering her face.

Jaejoong sits down but doesn’t say anything. He waits and then Tae says, “I’m sorry, Jae.”

Jaejoong could hear the pain in her voice as he sat there and said, “You don’t have to be sorry.”

Tae sat up and looked at Jaejoong and said, “Because, I never told you about my family. I didn’t want any of you to find out.”

Jaejoong sighed and said, “Why not?”

Tae looked down at the grass and plucked a few stems of grass and said, “Because, you’re so nice. I didn’t want you to know how messed up my life is.”

Jaejoong sighed and said, “Don’t worry about it. I was as much surprised as the rest.”

Tae sighed and said, “Jae, what would you do if you found out I killed someone?”

Jaejoong was surprised by what she said, “Did you kill someone?”

Tae didn’t want to tell Jaejoong about herself. She sighed and said, “No. But, what if I did. What would you do?”

Jaejoong thought about it and said, “Well, if you killed someone in the past, I’d probably help you along with trying to free yourself from your painful past. But, if you killed someone now, your might get blistered.”

Tae bit her bottom lip and said, “Okay. I just wanted to know.”

Jaejoong stood up and said, “Let’s go back in. It’s a little chilly out.”

Tae stood up and they walked back into the house. They walked through the kitchen and into the living room. When they got in there, everyone stopped talking. Tae moved behind Jaejoong and hung her head. Ryeowook walks over and lifts Tae’s face and smiles at her.

He says, “Don’t worry. We were surprised about what happened, but we are also sad that you had to go through that. We talked it over with TVXQ and we want to protect you as well.”

Tae nodded her head and said, “Thank you.”

Jaejoong said, “I think it’s time for Tae to go to bed. She’s had a long night.”

Everyone said their goodnights and TVXQ along with Tae walked out of the house. TVXQ got into their car and Tae turned around. She looked at the house and then she saw Heechul standing at the front door. He watched her and he noticed a strange look that she gave him. Then she turned and got into the car. The car drove away and Heechul closed the door. The members all gathered in the living room and talking about the day’s events.

Leeteuk saw Heechul and said, “Heechul, what’s wrong?”

Heechul looked at Leeteuk and shook his head as he said, “Nothing. Everything’s fine.” He gave them a smile.

 

To be continued...

Author’s Note:

What did you think of the chapter? I know I was trying to decide on whether to write about Tae being with TVXQ and Super Junior or Shinhwa and BTS with the three gangs. But, I wanted to know what was going to happen with Tae. Did you notice that Tae is calling Jaejoong, Jae? LOL!

Just for many of the readers who don’t really know my way of writing, I let my mind make up the story. I don’t just come up with it. The way the chapter got laid out, is the way my brain works. Some people like it, some people don’t. To tell you the truth I really don’t care what people think about the way I write. If they don’t like it, they don’t have to read it.

I might have rushed pushing Super Junior into the story, but I wanted them to meet Tae and get an understanding on why they are having to protect someone.

Yes, there are a few times that Tae being the Siren almost slipped out, but she quickly changed it. Does Heechul know something that the others don’t? He’s starting to come up with scenarios on how the Siren came to Korea around the same time Tae did.

 

If you like the story/chapter, please...

 

                                         SUBSCRIBE...COMMENT...UPVOTE!!!!