Chapter 14

Siren

* No spanking in this chapter*

The next day, Yoochun, Junsu, Changmin, and Yunho walked downstairs and into the kitchen. They saw Jaejoong making some breakfast. But, as he looked around, he only saw one plate. He looked at Jaejoong.

“So, how is Tae?”

Jaejooong looked up and said, “Why don’t you see for yourself?”

Yunho walked over to the infirmary and opened the door. Tae was sitting up in bed and looked over at the door when Yunho had opened it.

Tae said, “Good morning.”

Yunho walked in and said, “Good morning.”

Right after Yunho, walked in Changmin, Junsu, and Yoochun. Yunho said, “How are you feeling?”

Tae sighed and said, “Besides feeling like after I realized what I did to you and Jaejoong.”

Suddenly, she gets scolded by Jaejoong as he walks into the room, “Kim Tae Eun, do not swear.”

Jaejoong walks over to the chair and sits down. He holds the plate and it had eggs, toast, and some milk. He takes a fork and puts some eggs on it and leans over as Tae went to grab the plate. Jaejoong moved away and shook his head.

“No. I’m feeding you.”

Tae said, “Aww, Jaejoong. You don’t need to do this. I’m perfectly capable of feeding myself.”

Jaejoong said, “I’m the omma here. Besides, if you want to go around killing bad guys you have to get your strength up.”

Tae sighed and said, “I guess you know now.”

Jaejoong puts some food in and says, “We do.”

Tae swallows the food and says, “I’m sorry Jae for not telling you.”

Before Jaejoong could say anything, Yunho spoke, “Why didn’t you or your brother say anything? It would’ve been a lot better to know this information.”

Tae looked at the blanket and said, “Because he didn’t know what the outcome was going to be if you found out. How were we to know whether you wanted to kill me or not.”

Jaejoong said, “Well, we don’t want to kill you. Though I might have a little talk with your brother about keeping secrets from us.”

Tae looks at Jaejoong and said, “Don’t do anything to him. He’s the only family I have left.”

Jaejoong smiled and said, “I’m not planning on killing him. Shinhwa and BTS are too precious to us. I want you to eat so that you can get your strength back.”

Tae sighed and opened as Jaejoong put the egg in and she ate it. It tasted delicious and it will help her empty stomach.

Once Jaejoong fed her, he sat on the chair while the others were sitting on the other chairs and he said, “Okay, so. Can you explain this?”

Jaejoong dangled the sapphire dolphin. Tae tried to grab it but Jaejoong moved it away and he said, “Ah, no. I want an explanation on why you are the Siren?”

Tae folded her arms over her chest and said, “Why should I explain to you? Why don’t you just feed me to the wolves like everyone else has?”

Jaejoong said, “I’m not that mean.”

Tae looks at him and says, “But...you’re a gang. I’m the Siren. Everyone knows about me and wants my head. Why not you?”

Jaejoong smiled and said, “Because, we are not just some lowly gang. We are fearless and dangerous, but we know innocent people when we see it.”

Tae looks at the other members and then at Jaejoong as she said, “But, I’m not innocent. I’ve killed people.”

Jaejoong nodded and said, “So you have. So what?”

Tae was shocked and said, “So what? I’m surprised that you don’t want to turn me over to the other gangs for a profit.”

Jaejoong glared at her and stood up as he pointed at her and said, “We don’t earn profits by slavery. We work for our profits. You know nothing about gangs.”

Tae sat there and opened to say something when Yunho spoke, “Tae, what happened to your back and what made you become the Siren?”

Tae closed and looked at Yunho and said, “I became the Siren because my family was killed. People made it look like an accident, but I know differently.”

Yunho said, “Then why not go to the police?”

Tae chuckled and said, “The police don’t care about my family.”

Changmin said, “Why not? They are supposed to protect the innocent, right?”

Tae’s eyes filled with tears as she looked down at the blanket and said, “My...father...is...Kim Myung Sook.”

Everyone looked at her and didn’t understand what the name meant. When no one said anything, Tae sighed and said, “In America, he was known as Ares.”

Junsu said, “Ares? Isn’t that from Greek mythology?”

Tae looked up and nodded.

Junsu said, “Wait. I think I’ve heard of him before.”

Jaejoong and Yunho looked at him and Yunho said, “Really? I’ve never heard of him.”

Junsu said, “Yoochun hyung told me about it, right?”

Yoochun nodded and said, “Yeah. Ares is a Greek God who killed people no matter who it was. Her father was the same.”

Tae nodded and said, “That is correct.”

Jaejoong looks at Tae and says, “I still don’t understand.”

Tae sighed and said, “My father had killed many of the members of other gangs. He stole things, killed other gang members and even murdered innocent people. He had tried to keep me from ever finding out, but eventually, I did.”

Yunho said, “Why didn’t you try and bring him into the police?”

Tae looks at Yunho and said, “He was my father. And also our provider. Could you truly take your father to the police, and live on the streets? I couldn’t. Neither could my mother.”

Jaejoong said, “So what happened?”

Tae shrugged and said, “I don’t remember much, but I remember getting into an argument with my mother and father and then they left...leaving me behind. I later find out that they were killed in a so-called car accident.”

Changmin said, “Well, maybe that’s what it was.”

Tae shook her head and said, “No. Their hands were tied in front of them, and they were shot.”

Changmin in a breath and looked at Tae.

Tae said, “I could never forgive my father for killing innocent people, but my mother? She was as innocent as any of you. She had never hurt anyone. She tried to persuade my father from doing any more killings. And he listened to her.”

Yunho stood up and said, “So, you’re taking over for your father.”

Tae’s eyes went wide and said, “NO! I am NOT! I don’t kill the innocent, only the ones that are judged.”

Yunho said, “So, you’re the judge, jury, and executioner?”

Tae said, “They deserve it.”

Yunho said, “So did your father.”

Tae looked at him and said, “What?”

Yunho said, “Your father killed my five-year-old niece and her pregnant mother in a car bombing.”

Tae’s eyes filled with tears again and she hung her head.

Yunho said, “I don’t know much about you or your brother. But, the way I see it...Seokjin is your mother. Innocent as the day he was born. You...Tae...are your father. Ruthless and deadly without a care in the world.”

Tae cried out and covered her ears as she cried out, “NO!!!”

Jaejoong stood up and said, “YUNHO!”

Yunho looked at Jaejoong and said, “You want to protect her. Fine. But, I’m not going too. I will NOT risk the lives of our precious maknaes. I suggest, Jaejoong, send her back to Shinhwa and BTS.”

Yunho turned and walked out of the room along with Junsu and Yoochun. Changmin stood there and looked at Tae who was sobbing in her hands. Changmin walked toward her when Yoochun came in and pulled him out of the room.

Jaejoong sat on the chair and touched Tae’s shoulder and saw her flinch. He didn’t like to see Tae like this. Jaejoong looked at the closed door and shook his head as he sighed. He looked back at Tae and said, “Don’t worry. I’ll protect you if I have to give up my life.”

Tae looked at him and shook her head as she said, “No. Please, don’t do that. Jae, do what Yunho says. Take me back to Shinhwa and BTS.”

Jaejoong says, “But, Tae?”

Tae shook her head and said, “I figured that no good was ever going to come from being sent to someone else. Shinhwa and BTS are my guardians. They will die to protect me.”

Jaejoong said, “Tae.”

Tae shook her head and said, “No. Take me back to them.”

Jaejoong sighed and nodded. He stood up and walked out of the room. Tears ran down Tae’s face as she sobbed in her hands.

The next day...

Jaejoong walked down the stairs with two bags as the rest of TVXQ were standing there. Jaejoong got to the front door and looked up. They looked up as well and saw Tae. She was pale and did not once look at them. She slowly walked over to Jaejoong and kept her eyes on the floor.

Jaejoong touched her shoulder and sighed as he looked at her. Jaejoong stared at Yunho as he turned and opened the door. He took Tae’s hand in his and walked to the car. Jaejoong helped her into the car and buckled her up. As he walked to the driver’s side he heard Yunho speak.

“When you get back, we will discuss what to do.”

Jaejoong looked at him and smirked, then he got into the car and drove away. Yunho watched as he drove away.

Yunho shook his head and walked into the house. He walked into the den and noticed an envelope on the table. He walked over and saw the name ‘Jung Yunho’ on it. He opened it.

Yunho,
I just wanted to write you this letter and tell you that because of your choice, I will no longer be under your wing. You have cared for me and loved me as if I was your own brother. I have loved spending time with you and the others, but I have come to realize that we are no longer fit to stay here.

I am saddened that you have made the decision to push Kim Tae Eun away just because of what her father was. Her father was a ruthless killer, but Tae Eun was not. If you have read the reports of each one of her killings, it states that they were murderers, rapists, thieves, and terrorists. She did the police and everyone else a favor. You have condemned her to hell by sending her back to Shinhwa and BTS. We gave her brother our word that we would protect her, but you have ultimately decided her fate.

I am in tears as I sit here and write this letter. We have gone through so much pain that I thought we would stay together, but unfortunately, that will never happen. As I take Tae Eun back to her home, I will not be coming back. You can do whatever you want with the gang. If Shinhwa and BTS want me, I will stay with them. I will protect Tae Eun with my life as I promised to her brother.

‘Never condemn the child to hell, with what the father had done’. Isn’t that what you told me years ago? I had taken those words and always remembered them. I had never condemned any child to hell if their father’s had done things that were deadly. You have not taken those words to heart. Because of that, you have lost a member and the mother. You are on your own. I pray the maknaes don’t follow your footsteps, or you’ll condemn them to hell as well.

 

Kim Jae Joong

 

Yunho sat there and couldn’t believe that Jaejoong is leaving him because of Tae Eun. He crumples up the letter and growls. He is not going to let Jaejoong leave the gang. Jaejoong belongs with TVXQ and nowhere else. He stands up and walks over to his desk. He opens the drawer and takes out a pistol. He makes sure there is ammunition in there and closes it up. He puts it in the holster that is hanging on his side.

Meanwhile...

Jaejoong drives towards the BTS house and he turns into the driveway. He turns off the car and gets out. He takes out the bags and then walks over to open the door and wait for Tae to get out. She steps out of the car and they walk up the driveway and up the stairs to the front door. Jaejoong sighs as he rings the doorbell.

The Butler opens the door and was surprised to see Jaejoong and Tae standing there. He steps to the side and they walked in. Shinhwa and BTS come walking into the foyer and their eyes went wide. There standing is Jaejoong and Tae.

Eric says, “Um, Jaejoong, what is going on?”

Jaejoong bows and says, “I’m sorry hyung. We are not fit to watch over Tae Eun.”

Tae looks around at the faces but she doesn’t see the one face she so desperately wanted to see. She finally sees someone walk out of the kitchen and her face lit up.

Jin looks at her and says, “Tae?”

Tae runs past everyone and into Jin’s arms. They wrap their arms around each other as Tae starts sobbing in his arms. Jin has tears on his face as he looks up at everyone.

Minwoo nods and says, “Go and take her upstairs. Be with her. You both missed each other.”

Jin nodded and he picked Tae up bridal style and walked her upstairs and into her bedroom and closed the door.

Eric looked at Jaejoong and said, “Explain to me why you and Tae are here?”

They walked into the den and Jaejoong sighed as he looked at everyone. He said, “First, I want to say that I feel ashamed because of the promise that I could not keep.”

Jimin says, “Jaejoong hyung, what happened?”

Jaejoong sighed and said, “Before I say anything, do all of you already know about the Kim siblings’ parents?”

Namjoon said, “Well, hyung told us that they died in a car accident, and Tae mentioned something about them being murdered.”

Jaejoong sighed and said, “That is correct. But, let me explain something that will pretty much explain why I’m here.”

Jaejoong proceeded to explain what Tae told them. Everyone was shocked at the news and looked at each other in disbelief.

Eric spoke, “So, her father is the infamous Ares. Now I see it.”

Jungkook says, “What do you mean?”

Eric looks at BTS and said, “Ares was a ruthless man that wanted nothing but to destroy everything in his path, just like Ares from Greek mythology. Eventually, Ares was killed for his wrongdoing, the same happened with the Ares now. I never really understood who Ares truly was.” He looks at BTS and says, “Namjoon, does Jin know about his father?”

Namjoon shrugs and says, “I’m not sure. He never talks about his family. He only talked about Tae.”

Eric said, “I think it’s about time that he knows who his father truly is.”

Andy spoke, “But shouldn’t we wait until Tae and Jin are feeling better before we spring this on them?”

Eric said, “At some point, Tae will tell him about their father. I’d hate to see him attack Tae, because if you look at it. Now that she is the Siren, she is falling down the same path as Ares.”

Jaejoong cried out, “NO! She is not. Do NOT say that. Yunho said that and look at what happened. He refused to help. If you say that, you and BTS will refuse to protect her as well. I will not stand by and watch her life be taken because of what their father did years ago.”

Eric looked at Jaejoong and said, “You care about her...don’t you?”

Jaejoong nodded and said, “I do. But, I also take promises seriously too. I promised Jin that I would protect her...and I will. Even if I have to give up my life in the process.”

A few hours later, Jin walks down the stairs and sits on the bottom step. Tears were running down his face as he leaned his head on the wall.

Jimin was walking out of the kitchen when he looked and saw Jin sitting on the steps. He runs over to the den and opens the door.

“He’s on the steps.”

Everyone walks out and sees Jin. He looks so sad and lonely. They walk over and Taehyung kneels in front of Jin and moves the fringe from Jin’s face. Taehyung gasped when he saw the empty look in Jin’s eyes.

Eric says, “Jin. How is Tae Eun?”

Jin was silent and everything thought he didn’t want to talk. Then he softly spoke, “What have we become?”

BTS and Shinhwa looked at each other and Namjoon says, “Hyung? What do you mean?”

Jin looks up at Namjoon and says, “W...What have we become? A...Are we monsters? A...Are we killers?”

Hyesung walked over and sat next to him and wrapped his arm around Jin’s shoulder and said, “No. You are not a monster, Seokjin. Neither is your sister.”

Jin wiped his eyes and said, “Tae told me about our parents. I never thought that we came from a monster. She also told me how TVXQ doesn’t want to help us. Shinhwa hyungs and BTS, if you don’t want to help either, I’ll...” The rest of Jin’s speech was muffled by Hyesung’s hand going over Jin’s mouth.

Hyesung said, “If you say anything like that again, you’re the one that’s going to be in pain. I will not listen to you talk about us not protecting Tae or you. Do you understand?”

Jin nodded and said, “Yes, hyung. But...”

Hyesung shook his head and said, “No, buts. Now. I want you to go back upstairs and be with Tae. She needs you right now.”

Jin looks at the BTS members and Namjoon nodded his head and said, “Listen to Hyesung hyung. You need to be with your sister. We’ll take care of everything here.”

Jin nodded and turned around to go back upstairs when he yelped as his backside was smacked. He looked behind him and saw Hyesung and he pointed to Jin. Jin ran up the stairs and into Tae’s room.

Yoongi spoke, “Okay, now we have a new mission. Protect the Kim siblings.”

Jaejoong nodded and said, “I want to help as well.”

Junjin walked over and put his arm around Jaejoong’s shoulder and said, “If I didn’t know better, it sounds like Jaejoong has a soft spot for our Tae Eun.”

Later that day…

Tae and Jin calmed down and came downstairs to be with the others. Tae missed her BTS family and wanted to spend some time with them. She didn’t know they already knew about her father. She told Jin and he couldn’t take the news. It broke her heart when she saw him crying and pleading to her that it was not true. But, it was true.

As they were in the den, they heard the doorbell ring. Everyone walked out and stood in the foyer. They couldn’t believe what they were seeing. Yunho was standing there. He looked at everyone and saw Tae standing behind Jin. Then, he saw Jaejoong standing with Shinhwa.

Yunho said, “Jaejoong, let’s go. You’ve spent enough time here.”

Jaejoong shook his head and said, “I told you in the letter. I’m not going back until you agree to take in Tae. I will not break my promise.”

Yunho said, “This is stupid. You can be serious. She is a monster.”

Eric took a step in front of Jaejoong and said, “Do not call Tae that. She is not a monster. Her father was the monster, not Tae. She doesn’t kill the innocent. She kills the condemned.”

Yunho walked over and grabbed Jaejoong’s arm and said, “I don’t care what you say, you’re coming with me.”

Jaejoong was struggling against Yunho’s grip. He was fighting him and yelling for Yunho to get off him. Even Shinhwa and BTS were trying to get Yunho off him.

Suddenly, there was a shot that rang out, which caused everyone to stop moving. They turned to look at the door which was still wide open. They looked at each other and very slowly they looked next to them and their eyes went wide.

Tae was on the floor crying and Jin was laying on her with a red stain appearing on his chest. Time seemed to stop moving as they stood there and couldn’t believe what just happened.

Then, they heard it. “Jin, please don’t leave me. Someone help him. Don’t let him die.”

 

To be continued…

 

Author’s Note:

So, what did you think of the chapter? Sorry that it took a while, but also sorry that I hurt Jin. But, they said that if Jin and Tae are together, someone is going to get hurt. TVXQ abandoned Tae, but at least Jaejoong decided to help her out.

It seemed like Yunho brought the assassin to the BTS house, but it was more that the assassin followed him. Who is the assassin? It could be anyone from the rival gangs, or it could be someone completely different.

I’m obsessed with Greek Mythology and after I read up on the Sirens, I created Tae Eun. But, after I started to write about her father, I decided to look up Greek Mythology and found Ares. I thought that it would be perfect.

But, do you think she is turning into her father? To me, she is trying to help the innocent more, than anything. She is killing the people who do harm to the innocent. I can just imagine what she will do if Infinite, B.A.P or VIXX were the ones that shot her brother. But, I don’t even know who the assassin is yet.

Super Junior doesn’t even know about Ares being her father. I can just imagine what Super Junior are going to be like when they do find out the information. But, will they help when they do find the information? We already know they don’t want anything to do with the Siren, but would they help when they find out who her father is?

Will Jin be all right? I hope so. Tae can’t live without her brother. If he dies, she will have no one left in her family. Not to mention, that could make her even more dangerous.

But, we’ll see what happens. I wanted to finish this chapter because I’ll be going to the salon today to get my hair colored and cut. I’ll show a before and after when I come home from the salon.

But, anyway…if you like the story and/or chapter, please…

 

                                                           SUBSCRIBE…COMMENT…UPVOTE!!!