CHAPTER 7

THE WIND SPIRIT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

        Jaejoong was at a loss. He didn't know what to think and believe anymore. A part of him was telling him he should accept what he had just seen this day as truth and part of reality.

 

 

        And that Hero's body was currently occupied by an arrogant and selfish wind spirit while Sandara Park came from the past.

 

 

        Jaejoong again studied the picture of Sandara Park from a newspaper that came out fifty years ago through his ESphone. The woman in the picture looked exactly like the Sandara Park currently having an argument with a big, black wolf in the middle of his clinic.

 

 

        Today was Jessica's day‑off so she wasn't a witness or a participant in the strange events that just happened to him. He knew he could continue to believe that Sandara was just a product of illegal cloning by some scientists. But how could he explain what had happened to Hero? Even if Hero wasn't capable of human speech, it was clear that the wolf's personality had changed. And there was of course the small whirlwind that continues to follow the wolf like some pet.

 

 

        "Stupid woman!" Hero barked at Ceara. "Can't you understand the situation? I can't access my full powers! This small whirlwind is not enough to send us back to 2016. I need to create a tornado or at least if I could get near a tornado, I could use its force and energy to send us back to the past!"

 

 

        "So, you are saying that you are like a cell phone with low battery and needs to be plugged in an electrical socket in order to function?"

 

 

        "Finally, you have understood the situation!" Hero said in exasperation. "Or if you could get me out of this wolf body, I will become pure energy and‑"

 

 

        "Out of the question! The moment I take you out of that wolf's body, you are going to hurt me and leave me stranded here!"

 

 

        Jaejoong remembered Hero's accusations against Sandara minutes ago. Hero said Sandara was a witch. Despite Hero's words, He would still need enough proof to accept the fact that Sandara was indeed a witch. Since he met her, he had yet to see her using or exhibiting any sort of powers. He also couldn't help but suspect that Sandara was simply tricking the wolf so he would follow her orders.

 

 

        "Then find me a place where there are lots of tornados or at least very strong winds!" demanded the wolf.

 

 

        "There are very strong winds in Koryu Mountain," interjected Jaejoong. "And it is only a few kilometers from this compound."

 

 

        When the wolf and Sandara both turned their heads toward him, he pointed at the Koryu Mountain which could be clearly seen from the windows of his clinic.

 

 

        "And if we use my jeep, both of you could be on the mountain's peak before dark."

 

 

        "Thank you!" exclaimed Sandara.

 

 

        "Why are you very helpful, human?" said Hero suspiciously.

 

 

        "The name is Jaejoong. And I have no hidden agenda here. I simply put myself in your shoes. If I were in the same situation, I would also want to go back to my own time. And I am not going to deny that your continued presence here is something that is hard to explain to my bosses."

 

 

        "So, you do have some personal reasons," said Hero.

 

 

        "Do you want my help or not? If you prefer to stay here, you would need to go back to the wolf pack and live your life as a wolf!"

 

 

        Hero growled. But there was more fear in that growl than anger. It was clear the wind spirit abhorred the thought of living his life as a wolf.

 

 

        "Then let's get going! I do not want to stay in this place a second longer!" barked Hero.

 

 

        Jaejoong laughed. Sandara was right. The wind spirit was like a spoiled rich brat. And for a spirit it was too emotional.

 

 

 

The travel to Mt. Koryu was fast thanks to the hover jeep. Sandara felt like they were flying. Unlike cars with wheels, the hover jeep moved smoothly and without any vibration. It was also very maneuverable. When Sandara first saw the hover jeep floating two feet from the ground, she thought that was the only height it was capable of flying. But when they reached the thick wooded area in the preserve, Jaejoong adjusted the jeep and made it float above the trees!

 

 

        They were now flying above the trees. Sandara was seated on the passenger seat while Hero was on the back seat. Since the hover jeep started flying, the wind spirit ceased talking and arguing with her. His eyes were now slightly closed as if he was feeling the wind coming from the open windows of the jeep.

 

 

        When they reached the foot of Mt. Koryu, Jaejoong again adjusted the controls of the hover jeep.

 

 

        "Fasten your seatbelts, guys. From here on, we are going to fly vertically."

 

 

        Sandara wondered about that.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter