CHAPTER 17

THE WIND SPIRIT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

       Jaejoong's life returned to normal. The daily operations of Blue Nature continued. The only difference was the presence of Jinwoo and Mino in Arbre compound. The two men were adamant in staying put. They were waiting for Sandara's arrival. They believed that it would happen any time now.

 

 

       Jaejoong didn't know why the two men were so sure that Sandara would appear here in Blue Nature. Both men couldn't give him a logical explanation. It was just a gut feeling on their part. Or maybe all was just mere wishful thinking.

 

 

       Despite this, Jaejoong remained worried about Sandara's fate if she did appear on this time. His fear increased when he found Hero's dead body. He felt sad for his friend. He thought that after everything he had gone through, he would get to live a full life. He couldn't help but blame the wind spirit for Hero's sad fate.

 

 

       But when Jaejoong did the autopsy for Hero's body, he was surprised to discover that his body didn't bear any scar from the injury he acquired while being possessed by the wind spirit. The only trace of wound Jaejoong could find from the body was a small needle mark on the right side of his body. The mark was made several days ago and it clearly came from a dart gun manufactured during this time. As Jaejoong continued with the autopsy, he soon discovered that the real reason for Hero's death was an unknown poison! When he made an experiment using Hero's poisoned blood, he realized that it would bring instant death to warm‑blooded animals.

 

 

       It became clear that Hero was already dying before the wind spirit took possession of the wolf's body. The wind spirit had extended Hero's life. Hero was given several more days to live.

 

 

       Jaejoong realized that Hero was poisoned during the time when the poachers got inside Blue Nature! He now suspected that the poachers were the ones who poisoned Hero.

 

 

       Jaejoong went into the cave where Hero and his wolf mate usually stayed. He found traces of a fight between humans and wolves. Hero must have fought the poachers and was shot with a poisoned dart. The poachers left several pieces of clothing. Jaejoong collected these and promptly sent them to the police authorities. Hopefully, those could help to trace the identity of the poachers.

 

 

       When Jaejoong tracked down Hero’s mate, he discovered that she was taking care of two wolf cubs!

 

 

       It seemed, the poachers' real targets were the wolf cubs. Hero fought, was poisoned, and was dying by the time the wind spirit possessed his body. If the wind spirit hadn't possessed Hero, Hero would have died instantly, his mate killed and the cubs taken. But the wind spirit made Hero's body stronger and enabled him to protect his family. And since the wind spirit‑possessed Hero was almost indestructible, the poachers' weapons proved useless.

 

 

       Jaejoong buried Hero's body in the forest.

 

 

       "I promise you, friend, I will continue to protect your cubs and family. I will make sure that those poachers will pay for what they did," he swore while standing before the wolf's grave.

 

 

       Jaejoong's ESphone rang. Mino was on the other line.

 

 

       "Get back here in the compound!" said Mino's excited voice.

 

 

       "What's happening?"

 

 

       "The wind spirit has appeared!"

 

 

       Jaejoong jumped into his jeep and quickly drove back to the Arbre compound. Upon entering the compound, he immediately saw a large whirlwind in the middle of the compound. All the staff and employees had gone inside the buildings. The only ones left outside were Jinwoo and Mino. The two men bravely faced the whirlwind.

 

 

       "Bring back my sister, Sandara!" demanded Jinwoo.

 

 

       A strong gust of wind swept the two men aside. They found themselves sitting on the ground. The whirlwind began to move. It slowly approached Jaejoong!

 

 

       Normally, when a whirlwind this size started to move toward you, one should back away and get out of its path. But this was no ordinary whirlwind. Jaejoong decided to remain where he was.

 

 

       The whirlwind stopped a few inches before it reached him. Jaejoong suddenly became aware that there was a human figure inside the whirlwind!

 

 

       "Sandara?" he called out.

 

 

       The whirlwind stopped spinning. It slowly lost strength and disappeared. From where it once stood, Sandara Park appeared!

 

 

       "You crazy wind!" screamed Sandara with anger. "Let me go or else‑" her tirades stopped when she noticed Jaejoong before her. "Jaejoong?"

 

 

       Jaejoong smiled.

 

 

       "Welcome back to Blue Nature."

 

 

       Sandara rushed toward Jaejoong and threw herself into his arms!

 

 

      

 
      

 

      

 

 

       Sandara was astonished when she finally met the older versions of Mino and Jinwoo. A t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter