CHAPTER 6

THE WIND SPIRIT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

        "He talks!" blurted Jaejoong. "Imposible, this is a trick!"

       

 

The large, black wolf began circling them as if he was about to attack. Sandara felt Jaejoong pull her and brought her behind his back. He kept himself between her and the wolf as the latter continued circling them.

       

 

"Calm down, Hero," said Jaejoong.

 

 

        "Stop giving me such a stupid name, human! A powerful being like me doesn't need a name! What you only need to know is how powerful I am!" said the wolf. "The wolf you are calling Hero died last night. His puny mind couldn't take my power. This body, is temporarily mine. The moment I leave this body, this wolf's body dies."

 

 

        Sandara noticed how Jaejoong was trying to understand the situation. His mind was trying to cope with the reality of a talking wolf.

 

 

        "If you are indeed a powerful wind spirit, what are you doing inside a wolf's body?" challenged Jaejoong.

 

 

        "It is not my intention to get trapped inside this body! This was done to me by that woman behind you! She ensorcelled me! She is a witch, just like her ancestor!" growled the wolf.

 

 

        Sandara stepped out from behind Jaejoong. She was curious about the changes in this future world but getting back to 2016 was more important to her.

 

 

        She approached the wolf.

       

 

"That's enough, wind spirit. I think you have already proven to Jaejoong that I was telling the truth. It's time we say goodbye to him and go back to 2016. I want you to take me back at the exact place and time where you had taken me. I don't want my family to suffer any grief from my disappearance."

 

 

        The wolf howled, and then laughed.

       

 

"History cannot be changed, Sandara Park. You disappeared fifty years ago. That fact cannot be changed. So what you want is not possible."

 

 

        Sandara was stunned. She turned to Jaejoong.

 

 

        "What happened to my case? Was it ever solved?"

 

 

        "No. After a month, your family stopped looking for you. Your disappearance had become a cold case."

 

 

        Sandara began thinking.

 

 

        "My family only looked for me for a month? That's not like them. They wouldn't stop looking until they have found me! They would make sure first that I am alive or dead before they give up..." Realization dawned on her. "They stopped looking…" A smile appeared on Sandara's face. "They stopped looking and hounding the police because I had come back! And with the kind of police records in  Busan, they must have failed to update it. It was never recorded that I came back!"

 

 

        Sandara faced the wolf.

 

 

        "I cannot go back at the exact time and place where I disappeared. But I can come back at another place and time! If you can't bring me back to the time when you have taken me, wind spirit, and then bring me back one month after you have taken me! That wouldn't change history! In fact, we will simply follow history!" said Sandara excitedly. She was starting to understand this time travel business.

 

 

        An angry growl emitted from the wolf. Sandara laughed. She was right all along! She looked at Jaejoong.

 

 

        "Thank you again. For everything. Maybe one of these days, we will see each other again. I hope you will still recognize me even when I am already an old woman."

 

 

        Before Jaejoong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter