CHAPTER 19

THE WIND SPIRIT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

       Jaejoong stared at his reflection on the bathroom's mirror. His conscience wouldn't stop bothering him! It was wrong to make Dara believed he loved her. He had made love to women he didn't love before. He had gone through that phase wherein it didn't matter if he loved the woman or not. He would still have with them without any commitment. He wasn't affected by guilt then since his partners then were also looking for a one‑night stand.

 

 

       But he had never made love to a woman in love with him whom he didn't love at all. He found that unfair for the woman.

 

 

       He opened the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. He took a small bottle of sleeping pills. The doctor had given him these pills to use when he couldn't sleep at night. Those sleepless nights first happened when he broke up with Krystal. He would now use these pills on the champagne.

 

 

       He would make Dara sleep tonight so he wouldn't need to perform his husbandly duties.

 

 

       Pity shouldn't be a reason for him to take advantage of Dara. As for the next nights, he would just think of other ways not to bed her. Or maybe he should pay a hypnotist to put false memories on Dara's mind so she would think that they had a wonderful honeymoon?

 

 

       Such things were now legal as long as the patient or his legal guardians would give their consent. Jaejoong was sure that Mino and Jinwoo would give their consent.

 

 

       He walked out of the bathroom.

 

 

       He found her standing before the glass window of the bedroom. She was looking at the view before her. She was a dying beautiful girl who loved him. A deep sadness welled inside Jaejoong. Despite everything, Dara was important to him. He did care about her, and he wanted to make sure that all of her remaining days on this world would be the happiest days of her life. But if they would become intimate, he was afraid, she would notice that he was just pretending he loved her. He might not be able to show such a passion only a man in love would be able to do. And once she noticed that, she would get hurt.

 

 

       He walked over to the counter where he had left the champagne and the tall glasses. Dara turned to him and smiled.

 

 

       Jaejoong began to pour champagne on the tall glasses. Like most glasses these days, it was self‑chilled.

 

 

       "Did you like the view?" He made small talk to distract her.

 

 

       She nodded.

 

 

       "I thought all the trees would be gone by this time and mountains would become barren. But there are trees everywhere in this city. And the mountains from afar looked so green!" Dara again focused her attention outside the window.

 

 

       "That is due to the reforestration law. Twenty years ago, every country finally agreed that they had to take action in order to stop the effect of climate change. They created an agreement that would reduce pollution as well as an international law that would force everyone to do some major reforestration." He crushed two sleeping pills in his fingers and dropped them on Dara's glass.

 

 

       He began telling Dara all the changes that had happened in the world for the last fifty years to make sure that the pills had completely mixed with the champagne. When the pills were no longer visible, he brought the glass of champagne to Dara.

 

 

       She took the glass and drank. She almost finished her drink.

 

 

       "Nervous?" he inquired.

 

 

       "I have never been with any man, Jaejoong," she confessed while coloring.

 

 

       He gave her a reassuring smile.

 

 

       "Don't worry‑" His words were cut short when she kissed him. He wasn't able to react immediately.

 

 

       Dara stepped back.

 

 

       "Told you so, I don't know anything. I don't even know how to properly kiss a man."

 

 

       Jaejoong put his glass of champagne down on the floor.

 

 

       "I could teach you." He encircled his arms around Dara's waist.

 

 

       She giggled nervously. Jaejoong bent down and gave her a gentle kiss on the lips. He waited until she reacted before he deepened the kiss. He opened her lips and used his tongue to taste her warm mouth. He also allowed her to taste him.

 

 

       The simple kiss began to deepen, to become passionate. That surprised Jaejoong especially when his body reacted to Dara's nearness. She was affecting him! She was the fires of desires in his body!

 

 

       She clung to him. But because she was still holding her champagne glass, the champagne spilled on them.

 

 

       "Oh my God!" blurted Dara. She looked chagrin. "I'm sorry, I heard that champagne stain is hard to get out of one's clothes!"

 

 

       "It's okay," he assured her.

 

 

       She pulled him into the bathroom. She tried to open one of the faucets there but since she wasn't used to such a faucet it resulted to the strong rush of water that almost drenched them. They started laughing at their situation.

 

 

       "I think the champagne is now gone from my shirt," he commented as he touched his dripping shirt.

 

 

       "Maybe, we should get rid of these wet clothes," she whispered before she pulled him toward her.

 

 

       Jaejoong bent down and kissed her lips. As their lips touched, it became apparent to Jaejoong that he could make love to Dara. He wouldn't need to pretend or force himself. His body was naturally reacting to her warmth.

 

 

       He leaned Dara on the wall. Their kisses became more passionate. Then suddenly, Jaejoong felt Dara's embrace loosened. She had also stopped kissing him back.

 

 

       "Dara?"

 

 

       The woman's eyes were closed. The sleeping pills were now in full effect.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter