CHAPTER 14

THE WIND SPIRIT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Sandara didn't know what to say to her Great‑Great‑Great Grandfather Seojoon. She had always seen his large portrait on one of the walls in the living room of the Park ancestral house, He looked formidable and arrogant in his picture. The image of a powerful patriarch. He seemed to know almost everything and was capable of facing whatever adversity barred his way.

 

 

       The portrait was done while Park Seojoon was in his early forties, but the tall, stately man standing before Sandara looked like he was in his middle twenties. Despite his age, he still possessed the arrogance and strong personality his older self had. An amused smile was on his face.

 

 

       "Hello again, Sandara," he repeated his greeting.

 

 

       Sandara blinked. It was clear from his grandfather's words that he knew her. That he had seen her before!

 

 

       "You know how to speak English?" were the first words that came out of Sandara's mouth. She felt intimidated by the presence of her great ancestor. Park Seojoon was pure French and during his time, the English language wasn't so prevalent. Sandara knew that her ancestor grew up in France and had travelled to different places. But she thought he used an interpreter since most of his notes and journals were in French.

 

 

       "I am multilingual," explained Seojoon.

 

 

       "How come you seem to know me?"

 

 

       "Because this is the second time we have met. You have met my younger self before." Seojoon's grey eyes, so uncannily like Sandara's, twinkled with mischief. A loud growl from behind made Seojoon turned around. He laughed aloud upon seeing the wolf. "How is the life of a wolf?" he teasingly asked the wind spirit

 

 

       "You haven't changed at all! You are still one proud son of a who thinks so highly of himself!"

 

 

       Seojoon laughed louder.

 

 

       "And you are still immature, Hero!"

 

 

       "Don't call me Hero!" he barked.

 

 

       "The name of your current body is Hero, so it's just proper that everyone should call you with that name."

 

 

       The wolf began howling and barking like a mad dog at Park Seojoon.

 

 

       "Be quiet, Hero! I am talking to my granddaughter," he reprimanded the wolf.

 

 

       The wolf stopped making noise, but he began berating Seojoon.

 

 

       "You and your family had only brought me grief, misfortune and trouble! What you did to me before is still unforgivable! But this spawn of yours even had the audacity to imprison me inside a wolf's body!"

 

 

       "I need to correct you on your misconception, Hero."

 

 

       "Don't call me Hero! I will never accept that name given to me by your wretched descendant!"

 

 

       Seojoon ignored Hero's tirade and continued talking.

 

 

       "Nature has her own rules that cannot be ignored. Time travel also has its rules. One example is what happened to you, Hero. You may be a powerful wind spirit who can travel in time but you cannot ignore the rules."

 

 

       "Time travel has no rules!" insisted the wolf.

 

 

       "You are wrong. One of the consistent rules of time travel is this, no two objects can exist on the exact same place and time. When you travelled in time, you appeared in a space currently being occupied by a wolf. Since you are a spirit, you merged with the wolf's body instead of destroying yourself and the wolf. You were lucky since you are a spirit, Hero, because if you had been a person with a solid body and you suddenly appeared where the wolf was currently standing, your human body and the wolf's body would have merged. That would have created an awful‑looking monster," Seojoon chuckled.

 

 

       "That's nonsense! I have been travelling for centuries‑"

 

 

       "But every time you travel, you appear on a space where no object occupies it. You often appeared in the air where there are no solid objects that could collide with you. On that particular time travel to the future though, you had the misfortune of appearing exactly on the space being occupied by the wolf."

 

 

       Hero growled.

 

 

       Sandara found herself admiring the reason presented by her great‑great‑great grandfather! He was able to come up with the same theory as hers about Hero's predicament using logic despite the prevalent superstitious beliefs during his time. No wonder he was able to control and tricked the powerful wind spirit. He had a very intelligent mind.

 

 

       It was then that Sandara noticed that the whole Park family was watching from the windows of the mansion. It was clear from the expressions on their faces that all of them were seeing and hearing Park Seojoon!

 

 

       Sandara turned to Jaejoong. The whirlwind around him had disappeared. He began walking toward her. Jaejoong's eyes were full of questions. Even if Sandara wanted to answer them, she wouldn't know what to say. She barely understood what was happening.

 

 

       She again turned to Park Seojoon.

 

 

       "Grandpa, I need your help!" she butted in w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter