CHAPTER 1

THE WIND SPIRIT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A whirlwind romance ensued between Aunt TaeHee and Rain Jung. Two weeks after they met, they got married and Sandara found herself calling Rain, uncle. She had also become the new owner of the platinum pendant. Despite this, none of the members of the Park family was surprised. It was an accepted fact that every Park woman always knew when the right man had walked into her life. No Park woman had ever married or gotten into a relationship with the wrong man because they only fall in love with the right one. It was an unwritten rule in her family that no Park woman would ever fall in love with the wrong man.

       

 

After six years, Aunt TaeHee and Uncle Rain decided to have a child. They named their son Mino, and Sandara found herself becoming his godmother during his baptism.

       

 

Because Aunt TaeHee and Uncle Rain were always busy with their jobs, they often drop off Mino in Sandara's house. Sandara became Mino's official babysitter and Jinwoo to her shock and surprise became best buddies with Mino. The two had the same personality and got along quite well. It was also clear that Mino was suffering from hero‑worship as he found everything that Jinwoo would say and do cool and fascinating. As to why, Sandara had no idea.

 

 

        Since Sandara now owned the necklace, she often found herself humming the wind song to herself. She now knew the meaning of each of the French words used in the song.

 

 

        The wind song was a love song. But it wasn't a love song for the singer. It was a love song for the wind. The song was promising the wind his heart's desire if he would grant the singer's wish.

 

 

        When Sandara became a teenager, she stopped believing that the song and the necklace had magical properties or that the wind had a mind and a personality. But she also discovered that whenever she was sad or stressed‑out, singing the wind song always helped her get through the day. The song could sooth her worries, clear her mind and bring her peace and calm. It would also bring back her fighting spirit.

 

 

        After graduating in college, she found herself working in a call center. She would often encounter irate and rude customers on the other end of the line. With such a job, the wind song proved to be of great help. All she had to do was hum or sing it silently and she would become cool and compose again. Ready to talk to whatever caller lay in wait at the other end of the line.

 

 

        "Thank you, ma'am, for calling. If you have any problem or inquiries, don't hesitate to call us again," Sandara said as she finished the call. She was still feeling okay, and this was her last caller for the day. Her shift was finally over!

 

 

        She stretched out her hands and then she started preparing her things. She had already seen Suzy who would be replacing her in the workstation.

 

 

        When Suzy walked toward her, Sandara smiled and gave the girl the headphone she would be using for her shift. They didn't have time to chat because the phone had started ringing again. The call center also had strict rules. Each agent was required to immediately answer any call. No agent could leave his workstation without his reliever.

 

 

        All call center agents assigned in the midnight shifts like Sandara started sauntering out of the building. The day was just beginning for regular employees but to them, their day had finally ended and most were headed to their bed to sleep and regain their strength. But some like Nickhun and his friends had other plans.

 

 

        "Do you want to join us? We are having breakfast" Nickhun said. Every payday, some of the call center agents often treated themselves with good food and drinks.

 

       

"I can't. There are some guys in our house waiting for me. I am required to treat them to their favorite breakfast every time I get my salary," she laughed.

 

 

       She saw the disappointment in Nickhun's face before he managed to give her a smile.

 

 

        "You don't know what you are missing, Sandara!" he said. "You shouldn't always give your time to your family. You should go out once in a while and treat yourself. Pamper yourself. You should go out with friends once in a while."

 

 

        "Maybe next time." Truth was, She often went out with her friends. She just intentionally avoided going out with Nickhun. She wanted Nickhun to remain in the friend zone. She didn't want to give him cause or hope for any possibility of a romantic relationship between them, despite the constant teasings from their co-workers who had turned them into a love team.

 

 

        She had already seen what true love was between her Aunt TaeHee and Uncle Rain. That true love spark never happened between her and Nickhun. She never felt anything for Nickhun except friendship, despite his obvious interest in her. And it was clear that she would never feel anything else for the guy.

 

 

        From the office, she took the bus home. After getting off the bus, she was enthusiastically greeted by two guys. Sandara wasn't surprise to find her brother, Jinwoo and her nephew, Mino eagerly waiting for her arrival. Mino as usual slept over in their house. The two guys had the habit of always staying in bed until mid-morning, but they would rouse themselves from bed to greet her whenever payday arrived.

 

 

        "Wohooo! We are ready for a delicious breakfast, Aunt Sandara!" screamed Mino with glee as he grabbed hold of one of her hands. Mino was nine years old, but he dressed and acted like a teenager already. Aunt Taehee even told Sandara that he had been calling one of his classmates his girlfriend.

 

 

        "You are just on time, Sis, McDo is already open. We smelled the delicious fried chicken when we passed by their store a moment ago." Jinwoo was now nineteen years old and would soon turn twenty. He had grown quite tall. Sandara often had to crane her neck to look him directly in the eye. Because of Jinwoo's height, most people often thought he was Sandara's elder brother.

 

 

        If Jinwoo didn't look so much like her, Sandara would have introduced her brother as her boyfriend to discourage all of her stubborn suitors. Jinwoo wasn't just tall and athletically built, he was handsome. And he would often use his looks to get the girl who caught his interest. Every month, his brother seemed to have a new girl clinging to his arm.

       

 

Their mother, Hyesun, had given up scolding her playboy brother. Their Daddy Jaehyun tolerated his behavior and simply advised Jinwoo not to get any girl pregnant.

 

 

        "You two haven't changed at all!" Sandara castigated the two grinning guys. "Remember, Jinwoo, once you get yourself a job, it would be your turn to buy breakfast!"

 

 

        "Of course! And I would even treat you to lunch!" he promised. Jinwoo was taking an engineering course. It would still be a few more years before he would graduate. But since he was often in the Dean's List, Sandara knew her brother would have no problem getting a high‑paying job. There was also the possibility that he would work in the family business like most of their relatives.

 

 

        After buying the required breakfast in McDo, all three of them headed home. Their mom and dad were already awake, so they all sat around the table and had breakfast together. Their breakfast was filled with laughter and stories. Moments like these with her family was something Sandara would never trade with any date with Nickhun. Her priority was still her family.

 

 

        Men, love and marriage were still far away from her mind. She was after all, only twenty‑thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter