CHAPTER 22

THE WIND SPIRIT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

      

 

 

       Jaejoong stepped inside his clinic in Blue Nature. He wanted this to be over soon. The minutes he spent away from Dara was lessening the time he had left to be with her. They had only seven more days before Dara's body began to weaken. He wanted those last days to be the best days of her life. He wanted to go to the Park family reunion, but he also wanted justice for Hero's death.

 

 

       "Doctor!" blurted the surprised Jessica upon seeing him. "I thought you are on your honeymoon? Your new bride will not like it that you choose to continue working rather than be with her," she teased.

 

 

       "I'm only passing by. I came here to get something from the storage shed. Could you hand me the key for the shed?"

 

 

       "Just tell me what you need, and I'll get it for you."

 

 

       "Last time I asked you to go to the storage shed, you got attacked by a wolf."

 

 

       Jessica laughed.

 

 

       "You have nothing to worry about, doctor. That wolf is dead. And security measures had been added to this compound so it is now impossible for any animal to get in. Even the perimeter security around Blue Nature is much tighter. No poachers could ever harm our animals again."

 

 

       Jaejoong sat on one of the stools in the clinic.

 

 

       "Did you know that the police had already caught the two poachers who entered Blue Nature last month?"

 

 

       "Really? How?"

 

 

       "Hero injured them, and they had to go to the hospital for treatment. The police found their hospital records. And despite how such injuries can be healed nowadays without leaving any visible scars, when the police would use their special scans, they could still see the scars left by deep wounds. And it was clear that the scars left on the poachers came from the teeth of a wolf. And the only wolves in this country are wolves found in Blue Nature Preserve."

 

 

       "How come I didn't hear that from the news?"

 

 

       "The police are still keeping it a secret since they discovered that someone else was involved. A mastermind. And they believe that this mastermind works for Blue Nature. That was the only logical answer as to how the poachers were able to bypass the security measures of Blue Nature and avoid all the hidden cameras. They also knew the exact location of the animals they were hunting."

 

 

       "Who among us did this?"

 

 

       "Unfortunately, the poachers couldn't tell the police since most of their communication with their boss was done through ESphone. They had only met their boss once and that was during the time they were given the poison to use on the animals or any of the rangers they would accidentally encounter. They couldn't even say if their boss was male or female since his face was covered by a cloth, and he used a voice changer. For now, the police have two suspects. One is Hoonie since he was the one watching the monitors of the security cameras and Ranger Yoo Jaesuk because he knew the position of every security camera as well as the location of the animals."

 

 

       Jessica shook her head.

 

 

       "I don't believe it. Those two wouldn't do that!"

 

 

       "I know. I told that exact words to the police. I told them that anyone could evade the security cameras as long as they know where they are positioned. And the list of the positions of the camera can be easily acquired in the office of Mrs. Boyoung. I said, that I myself could have gotten the list and even crack her computer password. I told these policemen that Yoo and Hoonie wouldn't know how to make the kind of poison used on Hero. That poison was newly created and only someone with a background in chemistry could make such a poison. The poison was created by combining natural poisons from poisonous plants and animals."

 

 

       "That's what killed Hero?"

 

 

       Jaejoong nodded.

 

 

       "But even while dying from poison during the attack, Hero tried to avenge his death from the mastermind. He smelled the scent of the mastermind from the poachers." But maybe Jaejoong should have said that the wind spirit attacked the mastermin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter