CHAPTER 18

THE WIND SPIRIT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After Jaejoong married Dara in the small chapel, their group promptly proceeded to a restaurant chosen beforehand by Mino and Jinwoo for dinner. Jaejoong had no control on everything that was happening. He was simply following the two men's plan. He felt like an actor moving and talking in accordance to a written script.

 

 

       Mino and Jinwoo created all, even the words he used during his proposal to Dara.

 

 

       "Excuse me for a moment, I need to go to the men's room," Jaejoong said to the group.

 

 

       "Don't try to escape, Jaejoong," Jinwoo jokingly warned. "I am going to put a large reward on your head so that all bounty hunters would find and bring you back to Dara."

 

 

       Dara giggled. Mino laughed. But Jaejoong felt there was some truth to Jinwoo's words.

 

 

       Inside the men's room, Jaejoong stared at his reflection. He took a deep breath. He felt guilty.

 

 

       All of them were acting except Dara. The happiness in Dara's face was real. Even her love for him was true.

 

 

       When Jaejoong agreed to marry Dara, he thought it would be a cinch. That he wouldn't have a hard time making Dara happy in the short time remaining in her life. But he just discovered that his conscience wouldn't stop nagging at him. Dara didn't deserve these lies!

 

 

       But if he told her the truth, she would be deeply hurt. She would become miserable and heartbroken.

 

 

       That would be a far worse situation. Jaejoong wouldn't be able to live with himself if Dara suffered because of him. He wanted her to be happy!

 

 

       He was jolted from his thoughts when the door to the restroom opened. Mino walked in. He had followed him.

 

 

       "I wanted to give this to you, but I just couldn't find the right time." Mino gave Jaejoong an envelope.

 

 

       "That's your honeymoon itinerary for one month."

 

 

       Jaejoong opened the envelope. Written on the paper inside the envelope was a well‑detailed plan of the places where he was to take Dara. They would be travelling all over the world.

 

 

       "Don't worry about your job. Your job will still be waiting for you once you and Dara have returned."

 

 

       Aside from the itinerary, Jaejoong also found a money card.

 

 

       "I have put one million delros in that card. If that proved inadequate, call Jinwoo or me, and we would put more money on the card. Money is no object when it comes to making sure that your honeymoon with Aunt Dara would be perfect and most enjoyable for her."

 

 

       "Paris..." Jaejoong read the first place she and Dara would be going.

 

 

       "She had once told me that she wanted to go to France to trace back our family tree. And since most people still believe that Paris is the most romantic city in the world, it's perfect as the first leg of your honeymoon. Uncle Jinwoo and I really put careful thought on each of the places you and she will visit. Each of those has special meaning for Aunt Dara.

 

 

       "You two will be using our company's jet. And we have made sure that a proper transportation and guide would be waiting for the two of you in every place you will visit. If you don't like the guide, you can always fire him and we will replace him immediately," joked Mino before leaving.

 

 

       Jaejoong again looked at the itinerary. He couldn't just follow Mino and Jinwoo's script! If he was going to make Dara happy, it should be on his own terms.

 

 

       He crumpled the paper and threw it in the nearby trashcan. He kept the money card and put it in his pocket.

 

 

       When he got back to their table, he saw Dara holding a key. She gave him the key.

 

 

       "It's a new car. It's their wedding present for me. But since I don't know how to drive a car in this period, you have to be my driver until I get to learn how to drive."

 

 

       "Let's finish this food, Mr. and Mrs. Kim. Your plane is waiting for you at the airport," said Jinwoo.

 

 

       "Plane? Where are we going?" Dara was confused.

 

 

       "Jaejoong will be taking you to Paris, Sis. Your honeymoon will start there. Or at least one of your honeymoons. You two will go on a world tour so you could personally see the changes that have happened in this period."

 

 

       "Wait, I don't have any clothes!"

 

 

 

 

       "Since Uncle Jinwoo and I know your size, we have already bought you a whole wardrobe. All of your things and clothes are already packed in the jet plane. By the way, have I told you that the jet plane is capable of going to the moon and that there is already a resort there?"

 

 

      

 
      

      

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter