CHAPTER 16

THE WIND SPIRIT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

 

2066

 Blue Nature, Northern Korea

      

 

 

       Jaejoong's eyes grew dim as Sandara started singing. The ancestral home of the Park family, Sandara, the wolf and even Park Seojoon started to disappear before him. He blinked.

 

 

       He suddenly felt cold wind blowing and chilling his whole body. He stared around him. He was no longer in front of the Park family's mansion, he was back on top of Mt. Koryu! He noticed that the sun was also about to set.

 

 

       Did he just return at the exact time they left this place? Jaejoong walked toward his jeep. Its engine was still warm. He stared at his reflection at the vehicle's side mirror. He had a bandage around his neck and the clothes he was wearing wasn't his Blue Nature uniform, they were the clothes bought by Sandara while he was in the hospital. What happened to him wasn't a dream, it was all real.

 

 

       He had indeed travelled back to 2016. He glanced at the clock on the dashboard of the jeep. The neon lights were showing the time and date. Four thirty PM. September 5, 2066.

 

 

       Jaejoong knew he needed to talk to Mino Jung. He started looking for his ESphone only to realize that he had left his phone in the Park's house.

 

 

       He was about to climb to his car when he heard loud barking behind him. He turned. A large, black wolf was running toward him!

 

 

       It was Hero!

 

 

       Hero rushed toward him but instead of attacking him, he raised both his front paws, leaned them on his chest and began his face. This was how Hero would normally behave when he was happy to see him. Jaejoong laughed. The wind spirit no longer possessed Hero! He was back to his old self! Jaejoong hugged his friend tightly and began to caress his head.

 

 

       He couldn't talk, but he wanted to make his friend know that he was okay and he bore no grudge or anger toward his past behavior. After a few minutes, he let go of the wolf. He allowed him to run back into the forest, back to his mate.

 

 

       After Hero disappeared from his view, he climbed on to his jeep. He was going back to the Arbre compound. He would use the public ESphone in the compound to contact and talk to Mino Jung. He had a lot of questions that needed answers. He also wanted to be sure that the future wasn't changed because of his time-travel.

 

 

       When he got into the Arbre compound, he was surprised to see that the helipad was currently occupied. The helicopter parked there was clearly owned by Park Conglomerates International because of the company's logo printed on its side.

 

 

       Before Jaejoong could climb out of his jeep, the door to the main office opened. Out came the fifty‑nine‑year‑old Mino Jung.

 

 

       The man smiled when their eyes met.

 

 

       "It seemed my coming here today was perfect timing."

 

 

       Jaejoong started to speak, but no voice came out of his mouth. He remembered that he needed to heal first before his voice could return.

 

 

       Mino signaled him to get into the helicopter. The helicopter was much faster than any land vehicle. It also carried its own source of energy. It was made from materials with anti‑gravity properties. If not for the helipad that kept it locked in place, the helicopter would have simply floated up.

 

 

       "We better get you to a hospital and have you fixed, Jaejoong. We have a lot of things to talk about, and I don't want our conversation to be one‑sided."

 

 

       Jaejoong also had many questions that needed answers.

 

 

       "And by the way, thank you for helping our family. We are all okay."

 

 

       Jaejoong wanted to ask about Sandara. He didn't even have the time to properly say goodbye to her. But if Mino was telling him the truth that his family was indeed okay, then Sandara was also okay.

 

 

       "And after you get out of the hospital, you can expect a big raise and bonus. You deserved that." He patted Jaejoong's shoulder before signaling the helicopter's pilot to take off.

 

 

       Jaejoong nodded and smiled to signify his thanks.

      

 
      

 

 

      

 

 

       After two hours, Jaejoong was out of the hospital. Thanks to modern medical breakthroughs and equipment, the doctors easily healed his wound. There wasn't even any trace of a scar. Jaejoong also got back his voice.

 

 

       Mino's driver and car were waiting for him outside the hospital. The CEO of Park Conglomerates International after all didn't have the time to wait for Jaejoong. The driver quickly brought Jaejoong to the office of the company in Joseon.

 

 

       When Jaejoong entered the large private office, he didn't just find Mino waiting there for him. Jinwoo Park was also there. jinwoo at age seventy was still very fit. His features hardly changed. The only noticeable change Jaejoong noticed was his gray hair. In this time and age, there was already a simple procedure to prevent hair from getting gray. But it seemed Jinwoo preferred to have the natural color of his hair.

 

 

       The president of Park Conglomerates International firmly shook Jaejoong's hand.

 

 

       "Nice to finally see you again, Jaejoong. And this time, I don't need to keep quiet since you already know the truth."

 

 

       Jaejoong nodded in acknowledgement.

 

 

       "Yes, sir."

 

 

       "Are you still going to call us sir and mister?" teased Mino. "After all that we three had gone through, I think we should drop all kinds of formalities. We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter