CHAPTER 21

THE WIND SPIRIT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

       Cirque Restaurant was proud of its delicious food as well as the unique design of their building. An added bonus to any diner was the great view they could see through the glass walls of the restaurant.

 

 

       The restaurant was situated on a tower. On the top of that tower was a circular‑shaped disk that served as the restaurant's main dining hall. The four sides of the tower have cubicles that offered privacy to their customers as well as a good view.

 

 

       The Park family had reserved the whole restaurant for their grand reunion. Members of the family would be coming from different parts of the world. Dara was aware that she was the reason for this reunion. Everyone wanted to see her, and she also wanted to meet all her old and new relatives.

 

 

       Mino fetched her from the condo unit.

 

 

       "Where is your husband? Everyone wants to meet and talk to him, especially those whom he met fifty years ago. Grandpa made everyone swore then that no one was to ever contact Jaejoong. They are only allowed to talk to Jaejoong only after your second return. Only Uncle Jinwoo and I were exempted from that rule because we had to prepare for your arrival."

 

 

       "Jaejoong would soon follow us. The police arrived a few minutes ago and asked for his help so they could finally solve the case regarding the poachers of Blue Nature."

 

 

       "Well then, this reunion will be for the whole day and once it starts getting dark and he hasn't arrived yet, I am going to order my security men to drag him to the restaurant," Mino joked.

 

 

       When Dara and Mino entered the restaurant, she finally understood why everyone was saying that it offered the best view in the city. The right side of the restaurant showed a view of the sprawling forest and glades of Blue Nature. Anyone who could see Blue Nature from the restaurant would instantly feel he was very near nature since one can also get a glimpse of some of the animals that resided in the preserve if you used a binocular or one of the telescopes mounted on every window. The view on the left side of the restaurant showed the large and bustling city of Joseon where one could glimpse the colorful anti‑gravity vehicles traversing the city's roads. Dara could already imagine the city looking like a large Christmas tree when all the neon lights in the city light up in the evening.

 

 

       Nature and civilization side by side was the view diners would be able to behold inside Cirque Restaurant.

 

 

       Dara's attention was pulled away from the beautiful view by the various attentions she got from her relatives. Her reunion with them was bittersweet since most of those she had known fifty years ago were already gone. Those young enough fifty years ago now looked much older than her. But she was so happy to meet their new relatives. She discovered that she had now several dozens of grand nephews, grand nieces, and even grandchildren! She also got to meet the wives and children of Mino and Jinwoo. But the one that made her almost jump with joy was in seeing Aunt TaeHee and Uncle Rain!

 

 

       She and her aunt embraced each other tightly.

 

 

       "Oh my God! I thought, both of you were also gone," she said teary‑eyed. She also gave Mino a hard look. "That son of yours didn't tell me you were still here!"

 

 

       Aunt TaeHee chuckled.

 

 

       "Mino is still mischievous. Anyway, this was part of our surprise for you. We wanted to welcome you back ourselves," explained Aunt TaeHee. "And where is that husband of yours?"

 

 

       "He's coming. He just had to help sort out a problem in Blue Nature."

 

 

       Dara's ESphone rang. She smiled when she saw that Jaejoong was the one calling her.

 

 

       "Speaking of the man." She put her ESphone on speaker.

 

 

       "Dara?" said Jaejoong's voice.

 

 

       "Someone wants to talk to you."

 

 

       "Hello, Jaejoong," Aunt TaeHee and Uncle Rain said simultaneously.

 

 

       Jaejoong and the couple talked for a while before the former requested Dara for a private talk.

 

 

       Dara went to one of the private cubicles of the restaurant so she and Jaejoong could talk without any interference from her boisterous relatives. Her family hadn't changed at all. They wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter