Chapter 2 : Stay Away

My 12 classmates

Yoona's POV

"Hey Yoona, wanna join us for lunch?" I turned around and saw Luhan talking to me while the others looking at me.

"Ah kwenchana, I have something to do, you guys go ahead." I said.

"Well okay, don't bother to find us if you need anything." Suho said and they smiled while I slightly smiled back.

Actually, I didn't have anything to do. I wanted to go with Yuri, but I didn't want to be a third-wheel. It's not that I don't like the boys, they are pretty nice and friendly, but the image of a girl together with 12 boys just isn't right for me. Besides, sometimes I just don't feel like getting close to anyone anymore. So I decided to go to the cafeteria alone instead.

 

EXO's POV

*She was the first person we would invite her to join us for lunch but she kind of rejected us. But why?*

*Is there something wrong?*

*Did she dislike us?*

*It's okay, it is only our first day meeting each other, we could try to be closer to her everyday.*

Meanwhile at the cafeteria...

"Hey isn't that Yoongie?" Sehun said and the others followed his gaze to a girl sitting at the corner alone reading a book.

"I thought she said she had something to do." Baekhyun frowned.

"Did she just thought of an excuse just to ditch us?" Chanyeol said. Sadness could be seen through his eyes.

"She was probably just awkward around us. Don't think too much." Kris said coolly but actually frowning from the inside.

"I agree. Didn't you see how nervous she was while talking to us in the classroom? She's probably still not used to it. Besides, for a girl, who wouldn't be nervous when suddenly 12 guys approach them?" Xiumin stated.

"But look around hyungs, all the girls are looking at us, screaming for us while fangirling, no one ever treated us differently. She was indeed different. Did she never like us at all?" Sehun frowned.

"You really like her huh Sehunnie?"

"I just feel like being friends with her."

"Not just Sehunnie, we all want to be friends with her, hyung." Kai stated while the others nodded vigorously.

"Well, me too. I want to be friends with her too. But let's just take it slow okay. Don't scare her away instead." Xiumin said.

"Uh guys we were so busy talking, we didn't even notice she's gone already! Where did she go? I don't think she know the school well yet, hope she's not lost." D.O realized.

"Eat faster, we'll separate ways and go look for her."

 

Yoona's POV

*Wait...isn't that EXO?!* I thought as I saw a table with 12 guys just 2 tables across my table. *I better get out of here before they approach me, it's going to be awkward.*

I was walking around the school, feeling quite lost. I forgotten to tell Yuri to show me around the school since I'm new. I walked for about 15 minutes and finally found the classroom. I went to my locker to take out some books, when I saw a folded paper. I was about to unfold it and read it. Suddenly I heard a loud slam on the classroom door.

*Seriously can't the students be more normal, it's scaring the hell out of me.* I accidentally dropped the paper on the floor, I looked up and see who is it while I realized it was Chen and Chanyeol.

"Ah so you're here." They said while catching their breathes. I looked at them with a question look. "We saw you in the cafeteria a while ago and after few minutes you suddenly disappeared. We were worried about you since you are still new you may get lost." I smiled upon hearing that. It feels good that some friends would worry about you even when that is your first day you meet each other. I felt very touched.

"Yoona?" Their voices brought me back to sense and looked at them. "What is that? You dropped it the minute we reach the classroom." They said pointing at the paper on the floor in front of me.

"It's nothing. I don't think it's important, probably some notes since Ms Tan said she would pass me some to read back home. I could read it at home later." I said as I slip the paper into my mathematics textbook.

"Okay then." They just shrugged it off.

"Where are the others? Class is starting soon." I asked them.

"We separated ways looking for you just now. I told them we found you. They are on their way back here." Chanyeol said.

I apologized to them for worrying about me as soon as I saw them all in the classroom. They just said it's okay and it's their responsibilities to take care of new students anyway.

 

Regular POV

It was Maths class. Yoona was quite good in Maths and she jotted down everything teacher said in the textbook. EXO was having a hard time catching up. Trying to be a good friend as she was, she lend them her textbook. They were passing around the textbook to copy down what Yoona wrote while preventing the teacher seeing them doing that.

Kai finished copying and finally it was Baekhyun's turn as he was the last one, Kai quickly passed the textbook to him that is 2 seats away, it was too far and the textbook fell on the floor before it reaches Baekhyun's hand. Fortunately, the teacher didn't hear the chaos behind there. But unfortunately, the paper fell out from the textbook.

Baekhyun immediately pick up the paper and the textbook. He was curious of what was written on the paper so he just put it aside before he start copying. The teacher let them have their free time after the students finished doing what they were supposed to do. He told Yoona that he would return her the textbook a while later because he haven't finish copying.

Few minutes later, Baekhyun finally finished copying everything. Some of his friends were talking to each other while some are resting their heads on the table. He saw Yoona and Yuri talking and laughing together so he decided to take a peek at the paper.

 

EXO's POV

Baekhyun read what was written on the paper and was shocked.

Transferee, STOP BEING A AND STAY AWAY FROM THE EXO OPPAS. You have no rights to be with them. You know I warned you now. You better stay away before I take any action on you. I will make you pay for it. We will make you pay for it. Better be aware. -J

Baekhyun immediately get the attention from his friends without Yoona knowing.

"Hey guys, have you all saw this paper before?" Baekhyun asked his friends with a slight panic on his face while holding the folded paper as soon as his 11 friends look at him.

"Yoona accidentally dropped it on the floor the minute when Chen hyung and I found her at the classroom locker. Why? Did you read it? It's not nice to look at people's stuff without permission, hyung-ah." Chanyeol stated.

"Did you two saw her reading it?" Baekhyun looked more panic as he heard the younger stated she saw the paper.

"I don't think so, hyung. She said it is probably the notes Ms Tan wants her to read it back home. But before that she did stared into space again before we called her and she said that. Why do you look so panic, hyung? What happened?" Chen asked Baekhyun when he saw his expression changed.

Baekhyun's hands started to shake. Not answering the younger's question again, he asked again, "Are you sure she haven't read it?"

"Believe him hyung. Now tell us what happen. You look panic and nervous and your hands are shaking." Kai said also realized there was something wrong.

"I know it's wrong to read other people's stuff without their permission. But I'm glad I did it this time. You guys must look at this." Baekhyun said as he passed the paper to them. Upon reading the paper, the boys turned shock and some even clenched their fist.

*Who on earth wrote this?!*

*We were the one approaching her first but why is she the one threatened?!*

*Don't let me find out who did this.*

"Who on earth is this J? She have no rights on choosing our friends." Sehun stated clenching his fist and showing his anger.

"Calm down guys. It's not the right time to be angry now. Better think of a way to protect her and no I do not accept anyone saying the only way to protect her is staying away from her." Suho said.

"Please hyung even if you said we should stay away from her. We would say no. A BIG no." Tao said earning vigorous nods from the others.

As if on cue, Yoona appeared out of no where, "Baekhyun-ah are you done copying? Can I take it back because I want to start doing my homework." Her voice scared the out of them.

Thanks to Lay and his fast response(for the very first time), he immediately hid the paper into his drawer before Yoona could see it. Baekhyun immediately return her the textbook and Yoona went back to her seat.

*Phew, that was close.* The only thing they could say in their mind.

 

Yoona's POV

They looked so shocked and uneasy when they saw me. I wonder what happened. I just shrugged it off thinking probably they were talking about the maths homework.