Chapter 14 : Visit them

My 12 classmates

Regular POV

Another peaceful week of school, Yoona enjoyed in this school. She had 12 best male friends that adore her much and a twin sister from another mother, Yuri. Sometimes Yoona and Yuri would hang out after school, they would even go shopping together after class finishes. The boys told Yuri about Yoona's background, she was shocked but at the same time pitied Yoona. She didn't expect Yoona would go through this much, especially alone.

On Thursday, Yoona started acting cold. The boys and Yuri were worried. They were afraid something happened to Yoona. On the same day during breaktime, Yoona said she want to get some fresh air and she left the cafeteria. The boys and Yuri immediately used this opportunity to call Yoona's uncle. They went into an empty room and dialed the number. Suho put his phone into speaker mode so everyone could hear the conversation.

Boys : "Yeobuseyo samchon?"

Uncle : "Ah annyeonghaseyo boys."

Yuri : "Annyeonghaseyo samchon. Yuri's here, we've met before the other day."

Uncle : "Ah ne I remember it's my niece's twin friend. Annyeonghaseyo Yuri-yah."

Chen : "Samchon, we know everything about Yoongie's family already. She told us on the same day you came to visit us. She was okay after she exposed her secret to us. But today was different, we called by is because we felt something weird about Yoongie today."

Kyungsoo : "She was acting cold today. Her face almost expressionless, and the way she talk is so cold too, she even ignore us sometimes."

Yuri : "It was the first time seeing her like this, she's usually so happy and cheerful. Even our classmates are curious too. Do you perhaps know what happen to her?"

Uncle : *sighed*  "I think I know why...tomorrow is a special day for her...not a good day...but a bad day..."

Xiumin : "What bad day?"

Uncle : "Remember I told you that the day is coming soon?"

Lay : "Of course we remember, but we don't know what day is it and what does this got to do with it?"

Uncle : "Tomorrow is the day guys. Her birthday, but at the same time her appa and unnie's death anniversary."

*Awkward silence*

Uncle : "So...tomorrow I will be bringing Yoona early back from school, we will go visit her appa and unnie."

Sehun : "Can we come along?"

Uncle : "I had never brought Yoona to visit her appa and unnie before, she is already acting cold today, I have no idea what will happen tomorrow, you will need to have psychological preparation that her mood and emotions would be a mess tomorrow, so are you sure you want to come along?"

Kai : "Yes samchon, we want to go too."

Kris : "We can help if there's anything."

Baekhyun : "We want to talk to Yoongie's appa and unnie too."

Yuri : "Samchon, I will stay in school and mark down the homework and everything we did in class for them."

Uncle : "Kamsahamnida Yuri-yah. Okay then, I will get permission to bring you boys too. But be prepared, she would be acting very cold, her mood and emotions would be in a mess, in short, completely opposite from her usual self, you might need to tolerate her a little. And actually, Yoona's omma will be there too, they were sent from the US to Korea together so I specially requested to put them together. Just that the death anniversary would be different, we only visit them once a year as the place is too far from here."

Boys : "Ne kamsahamnida samchon."

-

-

It was currently Friday, a normal Friday to other people but not to Yoona. It was her appa and unnie's death anniversary. The boys and Yoona went to school together as usual. Yoona was a total different Yoona today. She was cold and expressionless, but the boys expected this to happen and they would just look after her.

10am in class...

"Im Yoona, Kim Minseok, Luhan, Kris, Kim Junmyeon, Lay, Byun Baekhyun, Kim Jongdae, Park Chanyeol, Do Kyungsoo, Tao, Kim Jongin, Oh Sehun. The students I mentioned, you are excused to leave right now. Yoona's uncle will be waiting for you at the gate. And Kwon Yuri, this is for you, from Yoona's uncle."

Yuri took the plastic bag from the disipline teacher politely. She opened it and suprised to see food, she loved Yoona's uncle's cooking. He specially made a lunchbox for Yuri to thank her.

When the boys and Yoona packed their bags and get ready to leave, they heard the students murmuring 'Why did Yoona's uncle bring them back?' 'Even her uncle knows the boys?' 'Why she get to be together with them every single time?'

They felt irritated but they could care less. All they need to do was leave.

Yoona reached to Yuri and hugged her with a cold expression. Yuri was glad that although on the outside Yoona was cold, but she was still her Yoona self inside. Yuri planted a kiss on her cheeks and hugged her warmly while muttering 'Everything will be okay.' Yoona pulled back and smiled weakly to Yuri. Yuri was like her unnie, she would be a little girl in front of her and Yuri adores her as much as her unnie did.

Yuri made some 'Please keep an eye on her' eye contacts with the boys while they nodded.

Before Yoona leave, she sent death glares to the students that murmured a while ago and that shut them up. Yuri chuckled upon their shock reaction. Soon, Yoona and the boys left for their trip.

It was a long journey from Seoul High to the hill. The boys would doze off but at the same time peeked at Yoona once in a while in the van. Yoona just kept looking outside the window. Tears would secretly escape from Yoona's eyes and she would quickly wipe it off. The boys noticed it. It was kind of heartbreaking looking at her like this, but all they could do is stay by her side and make sure nothing bad happen to her.

2 hours later on a small hill in Seoul...

They've finally reached there. Standing in front of the grave, with a beautiful scenery behind them.

"Your appa and unnie only spent their time in the company, they barely get to see such a beautiful scenery, while your omma loves beautiful plants, so I decided to settle them here." Samchon mentioned.

"Long time no see my beautiful sister...my brother-in-law...and my beautiful niece...how have you been...Yoona and I missed you all..." Samchon said smiling weakly. Yoona took a deep breathe while face still expressionless.

"Annyeonghaseyo Mr Im, Mrs Im, and Noona. We are Yoona's friends." The boys bowed.

"Just call them appa and omma, they are friendly and they usually let Yoona's close friends call them like that." Samchon mentioned and the boys nodded. Yoona smiled slightly upon hearing that.

"Dongsaeng-ah...why did you leave oppa like this...oppa missed you a lot...did you get to meet brother-in-law and my beautiful niece there?...Please take care of yourself...although you're not here anymore...but I still worry about you..." Samchon held on his tears like any men would.

Samchon soon gestured the boys to talk to them. Looking at the tension atmosphere, the boys decided to brighten up the mood a little.

"Appa...omma...this is Chanyeol...we are now living together with Yoongie...she took great care of us...we spend a lot of time together...we used to miss breakfast before school...but ever since we stay with Yoongie...we started living a healthy lifestyle..." Chanyeol giggled.

"Appa...Xiumin here...we know fathers would be protective at times...but we promise we would protect Yoongie as much as you did...we would be her superman whenever she needs us and be a ninja whenever she wants us to go away while she enjoys her alone sweet time...and yes she likes being alone sometimes...whenever she's reading..."

"Omma...I'm Kyungsoo...I'm currently learning cooking...Yoongie taught me a few dishes...I wonder if Yoongie got her cooking skills from you..." The boys heard some details from samchon about how Yoona's family was like.

"Panda Tao here...I agree...Yoongie could be a chef in a Michelin Restaurant already...I support her for opening her own restaurant...I would be the manager..." Tao laughed.

"Yah Tao-ah...you wish...and you said it so exaggeratingly...but its true omma...her cooking skills are so good...she is like our personal and private chef and Kyungsoo's teacher...by the way...I'm Kris..."

"Noona...do you still like eating that much?...I heard that you were an expert in eating...I heard you loved bubbletea too...I'm Sehun and I LOVEEEEE bubbletea too...we could be bubbletea buddies along with Yoongie..." Sehun laughed lightly.

"Annyeonghaseyo...I'm Luhan...appa...omma...noona...you don't have to worry anymore when Yoongie gets into the water...she knows how to swim now...although so far only the basics...but we will give her further swimming lessons..."

"Appa...my name is Lay...after for so long I finally found a female dancing buddy...there was once I was trying to imitate a dance on a video...I kept getting it wrong...Yoongie came in and she only watched the video once and she got it right already...she is very impressive...you were right when you told samchon about her dancing skills before..."

"Annyeonghaseyo appa...omma...noona...I'm Chen...Yoongie sings so well too...she is now part of our school's choir team...her voice was so nice so many students melted during her solo part..."

"Appa...omma...noona...nice to meet you...I'm Baekhyun...I love sticking to Yoongie...I have no idea why...the other boys always said I'm like a puppy sticking to the owner...whenever I'm hungry...Yoongie would cook food for me...and whenever I'm annoying her...she would playfully slap me in the head and shoo me away..." Baekhyun laughed.

"Appa...I'm Kai...you have a girlfriend material daughter...but what i wanted to say is...no matter who wanted to date our Yoongie...they would have to get through 12 of us first...Yoongie's heart is our priority and we won't let a jerk hurt it..."

"Omma...appa...noona...my name is Suho and I'm the leader of the boys...I used to take care of them...but when Yoongie appears...it's like she is our omma...she is a total sweetheart to us...she is too precious to hurt...as Kai said...we will take care of her and protect her until the day she found a perfect boyfriend that got through us and Yoongie dump us..." Suho laughed.

"Please take care of yourselves, don't worry about Yoongie, we would take care of her and protect her at all cost." The boys said smiling and bowed.

Samchon felt happy for Yoona for having such great friends. "Don't worry about them...they are good boys...they will take care of Yoona...now I'll leave Yoona with you to chat for a while...Yoona-yah we'll wait for you at the other side..." Samchon gestured the boys to give some space for Yoona.

They hid behind a big tree and watched Yoona. After they left, Yoona stood there staring at the grave.

"Silly boys huh?" She said smiling weakly.

The boys let out a breathe, they were relieved that Yoona managed to stay strong.

"Oh no this is bad..." Samchon muttered.

"What is?" Tao asked.

"That face that expression. She would act like this before her emotions hunt her down. She is like that since young." The boys widened their eyes and raised their brows.

"They really are precious...they changed my life...they were the only ones kept insisting on staying by my side and added colours to my black and white life after this incident...they spend a lot of time with me...they really adore me...they protect me whenever someone tried to attack me...they take care of me when I was ill...I really had a lot of fun with them...I really love them...I hope they won't leave me like you did..." Yoona continued while trying to hold onto her tears.

Suddenly, Yoona fell onto her knees and teared up hard. The boys jumped in shock. They were about to approach Yoona but samchon held them back.

"Let her be...she had a hard time holding on...let her explode all her feelings at once...she will feel better..." The boys hesitated but decided to follow.

"Appa...Omma...Unnie...why did you left me so soon..." Yoona said crying non-stop. "I really...really...really miss you...so much..."

"I think of you when I do everything...I dream of you every night...my emotion hunts me down every single time...please tell me a way to stop this...I really can't hold on anymore..." She cried looking down. "I would always dream of a big lorry crashing into appa and unnie's car...your bodies lying on the ground like in the newspaper...and dream of omma hanging herself...the pale face and the lifeless body...I can't seem to forget...I'm really so tired of it...I wanted to give up...but until I met the boys..." Yoona paused.

"I love the boys...they are really good to me...they are like my new family...they adore me like you did...protect me like you did...take care of me like you did...they mentioned before they hate shopping the most...but now they would even go shopping with me..." Yoona gulped.

"Other than that.. I met my twin friend...our friends would always call us twins...her name is Yuri...she has a boyfriend named Minho...they are always together...I'd always admired their relationship...Yuri is not here today...she is in school paying attention in class so she could help us after we go back...she treats me like how you did unnie...she annoys me sometimes but she adores me as if I'm her dongsaeng...we would hangout after school sometimes...or even go to the shopping mall or watch a movie...everything just seems like it is you and me..." Yoona cried again.

"Could you please...bless them always...let them be safe...I know they would leave me one day...they would have their own partners in life...soon married...and then have their own family...but please...bless them...the boys and Yuri...let them live a healthy life...I want them to be safe and healthy..." She said still crying.

"I have so much to tell you...how I met Yuri and the boys...how is my life in the new school...how did the boys took care of me when I was in the hospital...they even begged for their day off just to take care of me...how did Yuri and I got so close all of a sudden...then how the boys love the house...how they protected me when a queenka in school bullied me...how Yuri always stay by my side even going to the comfort room as if she's my bodyguard...how I requested for the boys to stay with me...I have too much to tell you...they are the best friends a girl could ever have...they are my second family..." Yoona said wiping away her tears.

"Don't worry appa and omma...as the boys said...they would take care of me...and I will take care of them...we would look after each other...like you've always taught me how to treat people...Unnie...you can trust your dongsaengs...they would definitely love me as the way you did..." Yoona said smiling.

 

EXO's POV

*This is the most heartbreaking thing I've ever heard...*

*I can hear my heart cracking...*

*I have the urge to hug her now...*

The boys looked at each other making eye contacts.

Soon, they jumped out of the big tree and ran towards Yoona and hugged her, causing her so shocked nearly choked on air.

"We love you Yoongie...and we would never leave you...no matter what...even if we have our own girlfriend...we would say that we have a girl best friend we adore...if she can't stand it then she can leave already..." The boys mentioned. All Yoona can do was laugh at them. They really are innocent and too precious. They did a tight group hug, still standing in front of the grave.

"We have to go now. Annyeong appa...omma...unnie...we will see you again next time..." The boys and Yoona doing a long 90° bow at the grave.

Samchon was very happy for Yoona.

Soon, they left the place and headed back to Yoona's house. It was the first time Yoona had her happy face on in this situation.