Chapter 12 : Uncle's visit

My 12 classmates

Regular POV

Sunday early in the morning, Yoona's uncle called her.

Yoona : "Yeobuseyo?"   *yawning*

Uncle : "Annyeonghaseyo uri Yoona-yah!"

Yoona : "Samchon?"   *bright smile*

Uncle : "Ne Yoona-yah it's samchon! I have something to tell you!"

Yoona : "I'm all ears, samchon."

Uncle : "I will be reaching Korea this afternoon, is it okay to visit you?"

Yoona : "Of course it's okay samchon! Drop by at dinner, I'll cook!"

Uncle : "Ne I will reach around 7pm. Annyeong!"

Yoona : "Annyeong samchon! See you later!"

Yoona hung up the phone delightedly. She ran down the stairs with a bright smile. The boys were curious.

"Anything happened, Yoongie?" Kris asked.

"Ani but I have something to tell you!" Yoona said with a bright smile. "My uncle is coming by this evening!" She continued exclaiming happily.

"Really? Then we must treat him a perfect dinner, as a thankyou for letting us live here." Suho stated and the boys nodded.

 

EXO's POV

*Should we find a chance to ask her uncle about her family?*

*I think we should get some clue from her uncle.*

*She mentioned before her uncle is nice, so I think it will be okay to ask?*

The boys were hesitating whether to ask Yoona's uncle about her family.

Yoona saw their expression, "Yah look at your expressions, aigo my uncle is really friendly, no need to be so scared." She said and laughed hard.

*She seems close to her uncle, I guess we could give it a try.*

 

Yoona's POV

*Gosh their expressions are priceless.* I thought and I tried not to laugh anymore.

I was so happy, uncle is finally coming to visit me!

After the incident, my uncle and I had gotten closer, he treated me like I'm his own daughter. I told them my uncle will be coming by at 7pm, we immediately started planning.

It was the first time my uncle would come visit me after that incident, perhaps because it's close to the day already and he wanted to visit them as well.

 

Regular POV

Soon at 7pm...

The boys and Yoona were waiting at the front door for their special guest.

"Samchon!" Yoona exclaimed happily as soon as she saw her uncle's car stopped in front of the house. The boys had never seen her so happy before.

As soon as her uncle came out from the car and entered the gate, Yoona ran over and hugged him. "Samchon! I missed you so much!" She said at verge of crying.

The boys were stunned. It was their first time seeing this side of her. She looked like a little girl. Yoona finally let go of her uncle and they approached the boys.

"You must be the 12 boys my Yoona mentioned before." Her uncle said while smiling.

"Ne. Sir." The boys said bowing at him.

"Ah no need to be formal, You are Yoona's friends so you are my friends too. Let's get in, it's getting chilly."

While having dinner, they told jokes and laughed together. They had lots of fun.

After dinner...

Yoona was currently in the kitchen cleaning everything up alone. She thought that the boys were thinking too much that her uncle is a hard-to-get-close man, so she used this opportunity to leave the boys and her uncle alone so they could get closer.

 

(From now on I will just write 'samchon' instead of 'Yoona's uncle')

 

EXO's POV

At the game room...

They were having fun playing video games, samchon got to know every boy and he knew that they're good boys. He was happy that Yoona had 12 such good friends. Suddenly there was an awkward silence.

"Boys..." Samchon started. The boys looked at him. "Can I ask a favor? About my Yoona..."

"Of course samchon. Anything for Yoongie." Suho said. Samchon smiled but soon turned to a sad look.

"Please...don't leave Yoona..." He said.

"Please look after my niece...I can see that after for so long finally she let someone stay by her side again...although you know each other just weeks ago...but she even requested to let you stay here in her house...I can see that she really likes and trusts you all...she is happy staying with you...so please...take care of her...for me...US is too far from here...I can't visit her often...please...don't leave her alone like her family did...she might be strong but she cannot stand it anymore if that happen again..." He said sincerely. The boys looked at him confused.

"I know you might be curious and confused of what I just said, but just remember...help me take care of her...the day is coming soon...she would start to have emotional problems...call me if anything happened to her...for others, she will tell you herself...one day...perhaps..." He ended.

*Don't leave her alone like her family did?*

*The day?*

*Seriously what happened to her family?*

"Samchon, do you mind us asking...uh...what happened to her family?" Suho asked bravely.

Samchon sighed. "Let her tell you...the only thing I can tell is...it's heartbreaking... and don't judge a book by its cover..." He said sighing again.

"We will protect her and take care of her. Don't worry samchon." Kris said determined and the boys nodded vigorously. Samchon smiled heartedly.

"Okay I should get going now. I have work tomorrow early in the morning." He stood up and went out of the room. The boys followed.

"You're going now?" Yoona pouted.

*Gosh it's that look again.*

*How did her uncle stand it.*

*Goodness this is killing me.*

"No pouting Yoona, I'll see you soon and before I forget, we'll visit them soon. Remember the day?" He said.

Yoona's expression changed within seconds. "Yeah." Yoona answered coldly.

The boys were shocked and gulped. Samchon can't help but to hug Yoona warmly. The boys saw drops of tears secretly escaped from Yoona's eye. Samchon hugged every one of them and bid goodbye.

 

Yoona's POV

It's already 11pm and I still can't sleep. I can't stop thinking about my parents and unnie. It's freaking me out. Suddenly I thought of something.

*I remember the boys had arguement with their parents just now on the phone.* I sighed.

*Maybe it's the time to tell them.* I thought as I get up from my bed.

I went to their rooms. Each of them can't seem to sleep. They either kept rolling on the bed or deep in their own thoughts. They didn't even notice me at the door. I called them down to meet at the living room.

At the living room...

"So...who's going to start first?" I asked. The boys remained silence.

"Come on, you know you can share it with me right. It's the first time seeing you all like this and this is hurting me."

The boys sighed. "Actually we had the same problems." Sehun started.

"Family issues." Kai muttered.

"Our parents kept nagging that we spent too much time playing and we neglected our studies." Baekhyun said.

"And our results are...not good." Chanyeol continued.

"They also kept treating us as if we are some 5 years old boys." Lay said.

"And kept going against on our dream." Tao ended.

"What is your dream?" I asked.

"We wished to be idols." Luhan stated and the boys nodded.

Yoona smiled. "Do you know why your parents kept going against your wish?"

The boys remained quiet.

"It's because it is hard to be an idol." I stated as a matter of fact.

"Being an idol, you need to get on a diet and can't eat your favourite food because you need to maintain your body shape, you can't go everywhere you want to bacause you might get mobbed by fans, you might have emotion problems because there would be anti-fans out there bashing you, you will have health problems because you will be having tight schedules and probably won't be eating on time and won't be sleeping for few days, you will be working 24hours day and night." I continued.

"They were trying to protect you, they didn't want you to live such an exhausting life." I ended.

The boys still remained quiet while looking down. They realized what she said was actually true.

"Do you want to hear my story?" Yoona smiled weakly.