Chapter 7 : Take care

My 12 classmates

Regular POV

6 in the morning, Xiumin already woke up as he was the first to take care of Yoona. He went out to buy some breakfast for the 13 of them.

After an hour of food hunting, he came back and wanted to go to the kitchen to prepare the food. He was suprised to see the boys woke up already and staying in the living room while Luhan was looking after Yoona in her room.

"Why are you all up so early in the morning?" Xiumin widened his eyes asking them.

"We were worried about Yoona. We can't even sleep well last night." They sighed.

"Yeah me too." Xiumin said and sighed too.

"I hope she could recover sooner. Seeing her suffering like that breaks my heart." Baekhyun said. The cheerful Baekhyun was no where to be found at this moment.

"Let's have breakfast first. We will check her condition today and bring her to the hospital for a check-up in the evening." Suho stated.

 

Yoona's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and suprised to see Kris dozing off sitting on the chair beside my bed.

When he was about to really fall asleep, he suddenly jumped up and lightly slapped himself to wake himself up. By the look of it, it seemed like he didn't sleep well last night. Kris is a sleep lover, even Kris couldn't sleep well, I know the other boys had a hard time sleeping too.

I was literally blaming myself hard when I heard Kris call me, "Yoongie? Are you okay? Do you feel anywhere uncomfortable?" Kris asked with a panic look.

"I'm fine Kris." I smiled.

"Are you hungry? Would you want to eat anything? There's food in the kitchen."

"Okay, I'll have some then."

"I'll go get it for you." Kris said and was about to stand up while I grabbed his wrist.

"It's okay, I will have it downstairs, I want to check the boys too." I said.

Suddenly, Kris picked me up in bridal style. "In that case, I will carry you down then." He said and I blushed secretly.

Upon hearing heavy footsteps coming down from the stairs, the boys jumped up from their seats when they were dozing off on the sofa in the living room.

"Yoongie!" They cheered happily when they saw me.

*Awww bunch of cuties, they have a grown-up man body but a kid's mind thinking.* I thought and smiled.

"Finally you're awake!" Kyungsoo said and hugged me. The others hugged me individually too.

"Guys it's not like I finally woke up after sleeping for 10 years you know." I said while laughing hard at their reaction.

"Not seeing you for 10 hours are like 10 years to us." Chanyeol said and frowned. The others frowned too.

*This is definitely too sweet to handle.*

"Yoongie is here to grab something to eat by the way." Kris stated as he saw his friends surrounding me.

"I will heat up the food!"

"I will take a cup of water for her!"

"I will set up the table for her!"

The boys started walking around helping out.

"Wait then what do I do?" I asked furrowing my eyes.

"Just sit and relax." The boys said at the same time.

*Oh well I guess I won't be doing anything for today except resting.* I thought when I looked at them and sighed.

---

"But I'm really well already!" I said and frowned.

The boys wanted to bring me to the hospital for a check-up in the evening.

"Today I'm better already since the day I discharged from the hospital." I continued.

"Why do you say that Yoongie?" Kai asked.

I was so frustrated I didn't think much before I said, "I've been having headaches everyday since I discharged from the hospital and today I have none! See I've gotten better!"

After saying that I widened my eyes and covered my mouth with my palm, noticing I just said something that I didn't want them to know all along. They gave me death glares after looking at me with a suprised look.

"Did you mean since you discharged from the hospital, you had headache everyday?!" Baekhyun said.

"Without us noticing?!" Chanyeol continued.

"And you suffer it all by yourself?!" Sehun ended.

I nodded while scratching my head and laughed awkwardly.

"IM YOONA!" They screamed and gave me death glares.

*They called my full name, oh no this is bad...very bad...*

If glares could kill, I'd be dead for 12 times already.

"You should have told us once you had headache!" Lay said.

"We could take care of you more!" Tao continued.

"And maybe you'd recovered earlier already!" Chen ended.

"Chill guys I've recovered already now right?" I laughed awkwardly.

"I don't care, you can only go back to school the day after tomorrow, I will text Ms Tan soon." Luhan said.

"But I miss school so much." I whined. "How about we go to the hospital later for a check-up, and we ask the doctor for opinion?" I said with bright eyes.

"No Yoongie No!" Xiumin said sternly.

"Please...pretty please..." I used my aegyo on my friends for the first time, showing my puppy eyes and pouting at the same time.

 

EXO's POV

*Goodness why am I seeing this.*

*I don't think I can stand it anymore.*

*She's so cute doing this ohmygosh.*

*Did she know that we can't stand this.*

*I'm dead.*

Their death glares soften upon hearing Yoona's aegyo and looking at her puppy eyes with pout. They looked at each other and turned to Yoona again, "Okay." They sighed.

"YAYYY!" Yoona cheered.

"BUT..." The boys mentioned. Yoona looked at them waiting for their next words.

"We will still be looking after you too. Don't do anything you're not supposed to do okay." Kyungsoo said. Yoona nodded obediently.

*I hope we could always take care of her like this.*

*She really brought colours to our black and white life.*

*I wish we could stay like this forever.*

 

Regular POV

Yoona rested for the rest of the day. The boys did a great job taking care of her too.

In the hospital...

Yoona went to have a check-up. They were currently waiting in the doctor's room while the doctor went to get the results. Soon, the doctor came in with a satisfied look.

"Is she okay doctor?" Suho asked.

"Yes she is fine." The doctor smiled.

"Are you sure? She just got a quite severe headache yesterday, we were worried till dead." Kyungsoo said as 12 of them flashed back the heartbreaking scene and nodded vigorously.

"Well, I have no idea, but seems like as the proverb goes 'one who survives a great disaster is destined to good fortune for ever after' is true. Her health is in great condition now."

"So I can go to school tomorrow?" Yoona asked in a bright smile.

"It shouldn't be a problem." The doctor said.

"YAYYY!" Yoona cheered happily.

"I will still give you some vitamins, make sure you take them." The doctor said then Yoona nodded.

"Yoona, I think you should have body check-up every month, you are only 17 years old and yet you are very weak. After I arrange the appointments, your family could bring you here for the body check-ups." The doctor continued. Yoona froze.

"Is there anything wrong?"

"O-Okay. I can only come alone o-or there's actually no need for the appointments." Yoona said and forced a smile.

The boys saw her sudden change of expression after the doctor mentioned about her family. They knew something's wrong.

They looked at each other, once they made eye contact, they knew what each other's thinking.

"We could accompany her every month." Kris said to the doctor.

"We can accompany you, Yoongie. Health is important, we don't mind coming with you." Suho said.

"But---"

"No buts Yoongie, we can accompany you, we can bring you here. No retorting and this is final." Lay insisted. The other boys nodded agreeing and smiled. Yoona sighed and nodded.

"I will arrange it as soon as possible and contact you once done." The doctor said. Suho left his contact number for the doctor and they left. They had their dinner near the hospital.

In the van heading back to Yoona's house...

"You really didn't have to do that you know." She said looking at the boys.

"Yoongie we insisted doing this and no one can change our mind." Kris said as he focused on the road while driving. Yoona sighed.

"But there is a question..." Sehun said. Yoona looked at him signalling him to continue.

"Can we sleep in your house for tonight and go to school together with you tomorrow?" Sehun asked showing his puppy eyes. She looked at the other boys and they showed their pleading faces. She showed them her stern look.

Just when they started to frown as they thought Yoona don't agree, "I would love to." Yoona said and smiled.

The boys paused for a while, "Yoongie you just gave me a heart attack!" Sehun pouted touching his chest and at the verge of crying.

"Awww I was just joking, I would love to have you guys in the house, without you all, I'm all alone in my house and it's too quiet." She looked down.

"We could always come visit you Yoongie!" Baekhyun said happily. Yoona nodded and smiled cutely.