Chapter 13 : My family...

My 12 classmates

Regular POV

"Do you want to hear my story?"

The boys gulped. They nodded carefully. Yoona took a deep breath, facing them. Yoona's serious expression made the boys felt uneasy.

Yoona went into the secret room and took some things out. "I had an older sister...my parents and her...they aren't here anymore...they are not in this world anymore..." Yoona gulped. Sehun who was sitting beside her patted her back.

"Last year...that day...was my birthday...my appa and unnie knew that I love eating a certain bakery shop's cake...they even ordered it the day before...then on my birthday...they walked there to collect the cake...after they headed back home...the 2 of them each wrote their wishes for me on sticky notes and pasted it on the box before putting it into the fridge as a suprise...appa and unnie were supposed to go to my school to pick me up...they were kind of late as they were never late for fetching me before so they sped up the car...soon my appa realized the brake wasn't working...they ran into a big lorry...they already lost their lives before being sent to the hospital...that moment I was still at school waiting for them...I was still mentally scolding them for being late...the next minute I got a call from the hospital and was told about this incident...I immediately rushed to the hospital...saw my appa's and unnie's bodies lying there lifelessly...while my omma aside crying endlessly...my uncle and her went to settle down the stuff and I went back home alone...I tried distracting myself by doing the houseworks and everything...I kept walking around the house...opening and closing stuff...then when I opened the fridge...I saw my favourite cake with two sticky notes on the box..." Yoona said at the verge of crying and took out the sticky notes. "These were the notes left on the birthday cake box..."

Happy Birthday my little baby princess Yoona! Once again it is my precious baby girl's birthday! Your unnie and I went to the bakery shop this morning and collected your favourite cake we ordered yesterday, sorry that we only get to buy this, wait for us to come back from work and cut the cake together okay, don't eat it already my monsterous appetite baby girl :P   -Appa

Happy Birthday my little rascal! C: Although I don't say it out loud, but you know that I love you right my baby sister? ♡ Sorry that unnie and appa need to go back to the company to clear up some stuff after we bring you home from school, take care of yourself and we will be back soon! DON'T YOU DARE to eat the cake without us! It's my favourite cake too you know :P We will be back in a flash! Wait for us! ♡   -Your beautiful unnie ;)

The boys tried to hold their tears back while reading it.

"I was stunned to see the notes on the box...they were late because they went to the bakery shop to pick up my favourite cake as a birthday cake for a suprise...and the last thing I did before they die...was blaming them for being late to bring me home from school...especially on my birthday..." Yoona continued while tears falling.

"That night...my mum didn't come home...my uncle called and told me she will be staying at his house for the night and told me to take care of myself...I still couldn't accept the fact that my appa and unnie died...the whole night I was literally just sitting at the dining table looking at the cake muttering 'Why aren't they back yet...' 'The cake is melting soon...' 'Didn't they remember today's my birthday...' to myself...I really didn't sleep for the whole night...I was waiting for them to come back and cut the cake with me and celebrate my birthday together..." Yoona said crying her heart out. The boys looked down, still trying to hold on.

"A week later after the accident...I was better...I kept reminding myself I still have my omma...but as for my omma...after my appa and unnie's death...her health wasn't in a good state...she was a cheerful person before...she does the housework happily...taking care of the plants in the backyard was her favourite hobby...but after that she's not cheerful anymore...she doesn't do anything...she just let her favourite plants wither...everyday all she did was sitting in the corner crying and sobbing...soon I found out she was confronting depression...It hurts seeing her like this...she was my only family left back then...during that time I was always by her side...everyday she doesn't even talk to me and all she did was staring into space and suddenly tearing up...but sooner...her condition became better...I saw her doing housework again...planting the plants again..." Yoona paused.

"One day...I went to work right after school dismissed...since my omma didn't work anymore...I worked part-time in a restaurant...before heading to school that morning I left her a note saying I will be back at 6pm...after work I bought flowers from a flower shop...she loves carnations...she was always happy after seeing carnations...I held a bouquet of carnations walking back home smiling...I opened the door and found my living room kind of messy...I called out my omma but she didn't answer me...then..."

Yoona paused again for a while, she took a deep breath, "I found her hanging herself on the rope at the ceiling in her room lifelessly...her eyes were closed her face was pale...I immediately called the ambulance...but it was too late...she already lost her life hours ago...and since then...I have no family anymore..." Yoona said covering her face and bursted into tears.

The boys weren't doing anything, some looking down, some had their head up to prevent their tears from falling.

Yoona calmed down a little. The boys weren't comfortable in that situation.

Chanyeol saw the small part of newspaper on the table, "This news, we saw it on TV last time, this accident was a whole strategy, the CEO of Im Company lost his life in this accident, so as his daughter." He stated.

Yoona looked at them then looked on the floor biting her lower lip nervously. The boys had a weird look on their faces.

*Im Company...Im...*

"Wait a minute..." Kris said.

"The CEO of Im Company...is your appa?!" The boys exclaimed shocked.

Im Company was one of the richest company in US. There is also a branch in Seoul.

"Uh...yeah..." Yoona said scratching the back of her head and chuckled half-heartedly.

The boys saw the news on TV last year, a video was shown, they still remembered the scene where they saw the CEO and a girl laying on the ground with blood all over their body. They can't even differentiate some parts of the body whether it's flesh or blood. As a bystander, it hurts to see that scene, they really can't imagine how did Yoona went through all of this.The boys felt very uneasy.

"And this...was the last note my omma left before she committed suicide..." Yoona said passing the note to Suho. Suho opened up to folded note and the boys read it in their mind.

My precious baby girl, my now one and only princess, Yoona, omma is sorry for troubling you so much back then. You took care of me, fed me and tuck me into bed everyday. All I did was crying and sobbing. I know you weren't mad at me...but still I felt sorry to my princess...You were a great daughter. If I were to have a next life, I would still want to have you as my daughter. Yoona...I really miss your appa and unnie...I tried my best ignoring the feeling...I do the houseworks diligently...do some planting at the backyard...'I still have my Yoona' was something I told myself everyday...but the feeling of missing your appa and unnie...it hunts me down every single day...everything I do...it reminds me of them...every dream at night...was them...I can't help it anymore...I can't take it anymore...I'm sorry for leaving without saying goodbye...please take care of yourself baby princess...Omma will leave first...I love you...forever and ever...until next time...   -Omma

"She said she missed appa and unnie...she said she missed them...but...how about me...how about me...I was there too...this was all I could think of when I read the note..."

The boys cannot hold on any longer, they already bursted into tears.

Tao and Sehun were crying like a baby, Kris and Kai were walking back and forth in the living room fanning their eyes to distract themselves, Luhan and Suho and Lay were trying to calm down, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were hugging each other sobbing, Kyungsoo and Chen were looking down holding tissues on their faces, even Xiumin who never shed tears, cried quietly.

They never thought such things would happen to Yoona. They've always admired Yoona for being so independent, but they never thought Yoona was so independent because after all she went through, she had no one to count on anymore. As her uncle said, it's really heartbreaking.

* 'Don't judge the book by its cover.' She looked strong, but on the inside it was a complete opposite. So this was what samchon meant.* The boys thought.

After they finally calmed down, Yoona broke the silence, "I told all of you my life story, is because I wanted you all to always treasure your family. Yes they might be overprotective sometimes, it's because they wanted to protect you. They nag you for not paying attention to your studies, it's because you need to have knowledge to work in the future so you would be successful and wouldn't be bullied. They treated you like a 5 years old kid, it's because you are forever their children. You might feel bothered sometimes, but the only reason they do these, is because they love you. They love you, they wanted to protect you, they wanted the best for you."

"Please cherish every moment you have with them from now on. I've always wanted my family to nag me, protect me, love me, but I have none. I was too late to learn how to love my family, but you are not. You have time. I know everyone of you love your family too. Sometimes we just needed some time to talk to them, let them know what you want, and you should know what they want from you. Communicate with them." Yoona smiled warmly.

The boys thought for a while, they know all she said was true. They love their family, arguements are unavoidable, they just needed time to communicate. They went to Yoona and did a tight group hug.

"You have family Yoongie, we are your family." Chen said.

Yoona's tears dropped, this time, it was tears of happiness.

Soon, the boys headed back to their respective rooms and called their family. Yoona smiled upon seeing that.

Little did the boys know that during yesterday's party, she went to each of the boys' family and chatted about the boys. She convinced them to give the boys some time and they will show their love to their family. She was glad that the boys finally resuscitated.