Chapter 4 : We are sorry

My 12 classmates

Regular POV

That late night, the boys were currently in Yoona's ward looking after her.

After the doctor's words, Luhan immediately texted Ms Tan the whole incident and she tried calling Yoona's family but couldn't be reached. She ordered them to go back to take a rest as they have school tomorrow. They begged and begged, just to hope their teacher would let them take care of Yoona.

After the beggings and pleadings, they were excused for not attending the classes for the following days to take care of Yoona as they couldn't contact her family.

Lay and Luhan went back to their house to take everyone's daily supplies and blankets to the hospital as they were going to stay overnight there.

They took turns sleeping and waking up to look after Yoona in case anything happen to her. The sleeping boys slept on the sofas they moved in from the next ward while the awake boys sit on the chairs folding origami cranes to hang on the ceiling around the ward as a get well soon wish.

That night, even they slept for hours, they couldn't sleep well due to the uneasiness, they could even wake up from a paper crane that fell from the table.

In the middle of the night, Yoona sometimes would groan while half sleep half awake becuase of the pain in her head. The boys would caress her head gently and she would slowly fall back to sleep.

11am in the hospital...

It was already late morning, the boys were still sleeping. The door of the ward slowly cracked open and the boys all jumped up in shock, afraid that someone barged in to attack Yoona again. After they saw who was it, they felt calm and started stretching over their body to gain energy.

Yuri was shocked when she saw the ward so colourful with origami cranes hanging around the ceiling. The next thing she saw was Yoona laying on the bed sleeping peacefully with bandage on her head. She went near her, holding her hand and can't help but started crying. She blamed herself for indirectly harming Yoona.

 

EXO's POV

"Yuri-ssi, why are you here? Is it school dismissal already?" Suho asked.

"Ani Suho-ssi. I heard what happen to Yoona from Ms Tan. I used my lunch break to visit my precious Yoong here."

"Did anything happen in school?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Not really. But just to inform you, I told Ms Tan which student wanted me to call Yoona for stay back. He said he happened to find a paper on his table right after the school dismissal bell rang. It was written 'Please inform Im Yoona from E-1 to see Ms Tan in E-2 after school dismissal.' and he showed Ms Tan the paper as an evidence. He was innocent. He had no idea who did it too."

"Wait... a paper?" Kris asked Yuri as he turned to look at his friends with an are-you-thinking-what-I'm-thinking look.

"Do you happen to have the paper right now?" Lay asked.

"No but I captured it in my phone. Here." Yuri said passing the phone to Lay.

As they expected, it was the same handwriting with the one in the paper slipped in mathematics textbook.

*J...* They thought as they clenched their fist tightly.

Yuri, knowing something was wrong, asked "What happen? Anything wrong?"

Xiumin explained the incident of them accidentally reading a paper Yoona took from her locker on the first day of school while it was a threatening letter and fortunately Yoona have not read it yet. Yuri was so angry she nearly shouted.

Suddenly a soft voice stopped them from being angry. Hearing the voice, they moved their gaze to the direction of the voice and their gazes soften.

"Argh...uh..." This was all Yoona could say while she woke up holding onto her head.

"YOONG!"

"YOONA!"

"YOONGIE!"

Those were the only voices heard from the ward. They were so happy after for so long their precious friend finally woke up.

Yoona looked at them with a confused look but soon turned into a cute smile after she saw the origami cranes hanging everywhere.

"Who folded them?" She asked with a happy smile.

"Yoong-ah, the boys took turns to stay awake to take care of you for the whole night. Meanwhile they were the ones folded the origami cranes." Yuri stated. The boys felt comforted and happy after they saw Yoona with the happy smile. But this didn't stop them from worrying about her.

"Yoongie, do you remember what happened yesterday?" Suho asked while Yuri gently holding her hand to calm her down when Yoona try hard to flashback.

"I entered the classroom and saw no one. I assumed that Ms Tan waited for so long she decided to go home. When I was about to turn around, I was hit by something on the head. My vision went blurry and I saw a girl's shadow walking away from me. Before I blackout, I heard a girl's voice saying something, but I don't know what does it mean though."

"What did she say?"

"I told you to stay away. You never listened."

The boys and Yuri gulped upon hearing that. Yoona could sense something is wrong.

"What's wrong? Do you guys know the person?"

They were struggling whether to tell Yoona, but Yoona insisted. After all the explaining, Yoona became speechless.

"We really should try to stay away from you from the time we saw the paper, so you wouldn't get hurt." Sehun said at the urge of crying. The boys kept their head low too.

"Trust me, even if you stay away from me, I would still get hurt, besides, if you listen to her this time, there would be next time too."

"But---"

"No buts, Chanyeol-ah." Yoona said. "Do whatever you want to do, don't care about me, I can take care of myself. Your life is yours, not hers, you're not a machine nor a robot, make your life as you want it to be. I do not want your life to be controlled by somebody else. Do not care what others say, as long as you are happy." She continued.

Yuri who was sitting beside Yoona all along said, "She is right, I will make sure to watch her out, do not worry." She smiled.

Yoona eyed the 12 boys from head to toe, cracked into her alligator laugh, "You guys should really go home and take a rest, look at your eye bags and dark circles and your outfits."

"No, Yoongie, let me stay, my eyebags and dark circles are natural, I'm born with it." Tao said innocently. With that, everyone laughed hard.

*I hope nothing bad will happen to her ever again, I want to hear her laughter and see her happy smile everyday.* They thought while going back home.

 

Yoona's POV

*I'm really glad that even after they read the paper, they decided to protect me by staying by my side, instead of staying away from me. Even if I got hurt already, it is worth it, because now I know who my true friends are.* I thought and smiled without knowing it.