Chapter 6

Dilemma
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sooner we were in the camping area . It was a big massive grass circle in the middle of the woods where another dozen of camping cars were parked. Some were owned by youth our age , some by families , but in general , I like the vibe .
Seunghyun parked in a free spot . I got out first and stretched my arms breathing in the biggest amount of air i could . Taehyung silently walked out of the car doing the same and Seughyun came out last.

“So , do you want to go for a walk .” Asked Taehyung addressing me .
 
I nod . We both headed to the woods totally ignoring the existence of Seunghyun . I kind of feel bad about it , leaving him there alone when I know he’s afraid of loneliness . But It’s not like I’m never coming back . I’m too weak to leave him eternally .
Taehyung was walking besides me, hands in pockets , silently . I didn’t try to talk either , I just wanted to have some air .
The further we moved ahead in the woods , the darker it got .
I , even , don’t understand why I am feeling this offended with someone else’s life ,but I just feel betrayed . I guess I unconsciously convinced myself he’s mine when he actually isn’t and has the right to hang out with whoever he pleases and to hide it from me however he pleases .

“Ok , so are we going to talk already ? “ Asked Taehyung.

“What do you want me to say exactly ? “ I ask , coldly .

“I want you to freaking talk !” He answered ,angrily .

“I don’t ing understand why YOU are angry right now ! I am the one being heartbroken here , ok ? It’s not you . It’s not him . It’s nobody . It’s just me . And I’m getting used to it . So stop worrying about me .”

“I’m angry because you’re my friend and i don’t want you to act this way for some guy .”

 I narrow my eyes looking up at him . We were standing in the middle of the woods , it was already dark and I could barely see a few feet ahead of me.

“For how long did you know me ,ha ? Have I ever in my life come running to you to tell you I liked some guy ? Have you ever noticed me liking some other guy ? No ! Not even once , this whole liking , loving , or whatever the hell it’s supposed to be is so new to me and I am having enough hard time trying to stop that feeling of being stung from the inside or whatever the hell it feels like .” I hardly squeeze those words out , violently grabbing my sweater at the chest , not looking away from Taehyung . I notice his gaze soften .

“I didn’t choose to like a close friend .” I almost cry .” I don’t want to ruin the friendship we have because of that . I don’t want you to judge me for my feelings , Taehyung . I can’t control them . “

“I never judged you . “

“You yelled at me to back up .” I manage to hold tears back further .

“Because I don’t want you to get hurt . I never meant to hurt you with what I said . I know it’s the first time you ever had any feelings for anyone and I know you think it’s going to jeopardize that friendship , and it really might . But it’s not for that , that I asked you to back up , it’s mainly for your own sake . “

“My sake ?” I sarcastically giggle .

“Yes , Amy . Your sake .” He answered with a serious face .“ Because I love you , and cherish you , so much as a friend and I don’t want anything to hurt you . And also , I don’t want any thoughts like that to come in the way of the relationship we have .” His face softened to a slight smile lost into his beautiful features . He took a step closer to me and held my hands in both his , looking me straight in the eyes as I fought embarrassment due to the tears flowing down my cheeks . He leaned a little to rest his forehead on mine, still holding my hands , still fixing my eyes .
I let go of his hands to wipe my tears . I feel his arms snaking around my , compared to his , tiny shoulders . My heart speed decreased to its normal pace and I hide myself in his chest . “Brotherhood , so this is how it feels like .” I think , whispering a thank you to which he answered with a tighter hug .

I stood there in shock . I could clearly see how small and vulnerable she got digging into his chest . I could see how tight he hugged her . I could see her tears that I wanted to wipe with my own hands .
I knew they were too close to only be friends . I knew that one of them must have feelings for the other and I really thought it was him . Turns out it’s her , who has feelings for him . It was so obvious how hurt she was because of her feelings and I feel so guilty not noticing it earlier , being her friend .
I blankly stood there looking at them . I don’t know how all this situation makes me feel , all I know is that it’s not positive at all . It annoys me and bothers the brains out of me .
Amani is someone that really deserves to be loved back . She’s everything anyone , maybe not want but , needs around them . She’s so caring , she’s loving , she gives and never waits to take back . When I thank her , I’m not even sure If she ever hears it . She’s honest, and she communicates her thoughts and feelings . And I think that’s what I like about her the most : communication .
I sigh deeply and start walking away when I heard them talking about going back to the camp .
What should I do , now , that I know the truth ? Should I tell her that I heard them talk ? Or should I just take care of her to fill the blank space he left ?
I’m so scared to act someway I’d regret . I want to take care of her with as much as it takes me and I don’t want her to ever feel burdened about it . She deserves to be trusted and loved and I want to give her that . And more I think about it , more it hurts , because I’m still hiding from her the fact that I may have found the one . Should I tell her tonight ?
No , I don’t think it’s the right time , she’ll be hurt twice .
I sigh again as I take a step out of the woods and in the camping area . As soon as they saw me , the people I’ve been hanging out with earlier called my name . I wave with a forced smile . Lara , one of the girls among them , ran my way and dragged me to their campfire . I forcefully sit besides her as she crossed our arms and rested her head on my right shoulder .
Lara was a beautiful girl , but I don’t like the way she acts . She barely knows me and she’s been throwing herself at me ever since she knew my name , which is about two hours ago .
I don’t understand why most of the girls , lately , no matter how beautiful they are , just keep acting cheap . I’m a lonely guy , and I’m desperately looking for love , and I flashed on Lara the minute I saw her because she is so pretty . I would’ve had a conversation with her , maybe gone on a decent walk together , maybe taken her phone number and gone on an official date later , but the moment she threw herself at me , I just got really disgusted with her . I know that’s mean to say, but that’s how it felt .
I stretch my

Please log in to read the full chapter