Chapter 21

Dilemma
Please log in to read the full chapter

I gradually part my eyelids . A soft light blinded my eyes and I blink a few times to get used to it . I try to move , but everything hurts . My mind fell in a blank for a moment . Where am I ?
I try to push myself to sit up , but it was painful all along . I notice the wires attached to my hands and chest , I’m in the hospital ? What am I doing here ?
I look around me and finally found the button that I press . Soon after , a nurse showed before me . As soon as she saw my open eyes , she rushed to call the doctor who came faster than expected .
“Miss Brown . I’m glad you woke up .” He smiled checking the wires in my chest .
“W. . what happened ?” I ask , confused .
“Do you remember anything at all , Miss ?”
I try to remember, but couldn’t . I shake my head as a response .
“Miss , you had been stabbed several times in your chest and had been brought here urgently . Your heart was totally ruined , so you had to go through a heart transplant surgery that lasted more than six hours as we couldn’t immediately find a heart for you .”
I recalled everything : Seunghyun proposing , Taehyung showing up , Abigail stabbing me , Taehyung hitting her . And that was all .
“B.. but how come? Transplant waiting lists are usually very long .. and ..” I say , stressing out .
As the doctor noticed my heart rate rising , he tapped on my shoulder trying to calm me down .
“Your case was urgent , Miss . Your heart wasn’t failing , it was basically ruined . You got really lucky that your heart still held on the time of cutting you open and implanting a temporary artificial heart . As you said , the waiting list for heart transplants was very long , but as I said , you got lucky . There was a special donor , Mister . . .” He paused questioning the nurse .
“Kim Taehyung .” She answered .
My heart broke . Well , it’s not my heart , is it ?
“W..What ?” I ask trying to sit straighter , which only caused me to bring pain to myself . “What are you talking about ? What happened to Taehyung ?”
The doctor helped me settle , and after asking me to calm down , he finally spit right to my face : “ He donated his heart to you .”
“What !” I yell , tears gathering in my eyes . I felt like my chest exploded and I flinch in pain .
“You should stay laying down . Don’t talk loudly and don’t move abruptly .”
“What happened to Taehyung ?” I try to ask as calmly as possible .
The doctor ignored my answer and started checking all the machines all around me .
“Don’t you dare ignore me !” I yell abruptly sitting up . “What the happened to Taehyung !?”
“Miss , Calm down !” He calmly ordered .
“Stop with your calm down ! Where is Taehyung ? Tell me what happened to him !”I keep yelling trying to stand up . As I try to grab the doctor’s arm , I felt a deep pain in my chest and found myself curled on myself .
The nurse and the doctor helped me lay back on the bed and they gave me a couple of pills that I identify as painkillers . But the pain of my … his heart in my chest was bigger . I squeeze my eyelids together as I sobbed .
“Please, tell me what happened to Taehyung !” I cry and ask , calmly this time .
“You’re tired , Miss Brown . We will talk about this when you’re better . I’ll come see you later .” He finished starting to walk away .
“Please .” I whisper .
The nurse mouthed a sorry as she left the room . What happened to Taehyung ? Did he die ?
I bring my hands to my chest . It feels weird knowing there’s someone else’s heart inside of me . Wait , it means somebody is dead for me to live . Taehyung is dead for me to live . I’m literally a murderer.
“Amy !” Calmly called Seunghyun , slowly walking inside of my room . “Amani , honey . How are you fe

Please log in to read the full chapter