Chapter 4

Dilemma
Please log in to read the full chapter

I open my eyes barely remembering when I fell asleep . 
I stretch with too much noise and hardly made it not frozen out my sheets . I ran to my wardrobe and dress unexpectedly fast . I even surprised myself . 
I pick my backpack up and leave my room . 
I'm so very glad I live on campus because I always have a few extra minutes of sleep .
I quickly walk to "my" café and open the glass door .

"Tae?" I ask .

"Here it is . " Yelled Tae from the inside rushing to me with my cup of hot chocolate .

"Thank you , bae ." I smile and leave .

I made it out alive , without trying to look around for Seunghyun , and I'm glad of how strong I was .

My classes for this morning were as boring as .... . Well , there's definitely nothing as boring . 
My stomach growled and I pet it with both my hands . 
My classmate smiled at me and murmured : " I'm hungry too" . 
Well , I didn't give a if she was hungry . I'm too busy minding my own stomach . 

" Class dismissed " .

Finally ! 
I almost ran to get food . 
 Food represents 50% , ok , 70% of my life . I love food . Food is love ! Food is life ? 


"Chicken sandwich with extra fries and a coke . Don't forget the ketchup ." I say as long as I enter the café walking past the counter where Taehyung stood . 
I don't understand why Tae spends so much time working instead of studying . I have a really strange feeling he's hiding something from me ,but I won't ask , it's his own choice to tell me or not to tell me . 
I rush to my seat , out of breath , and as I pull the chair to sit , I realize a silhouette was already there . It's MY seat , how could anyone dare use it ?
I raise my brows then my eyes . It was him , again . Please get out of my life , please get out of my life , please get out of my life . 
He smiled .
I'm asking him to get the out of my life and he digs deeper into it with a smile . 
Is it ok to murder someone we like because we like them too much we hate them ?

I was forced to smile back and sit .
I sat . 


 "Mmmh . How are you today ? " He asked with that same annoying smile . 

"Uhuh ! I'm fine . Are you ? " I awkwardly answer . 

"Yea . . Yea" . He said before adding . "Mhm . I have got something for you ." 
He dug his hand in his pocket before bringing out a tiny black box than he handed to me .
 
"What is this ? " I ask taking it from him . 

"It's just a little something for you . Come on ! Open it ." He smiled . 

I open it and again , my heart dropped to earth's core . 
It was some charms , with a little bunny hanging from it , and it was really cute . 
To be honest , no one had ever brought me anything like that out of occasion . I mean , it was only on my birthday that I got presents , If I ever get any . But like that, just randomly , never in my life . 
I touch it . I love it . But I can't take it . There's nothing between him and i . We barely know each other . I can't just take something from him like that . 

" Owh ! That's so sweet of you . But really , I can't take it ." I flash a sorry smile . 

"But why ? " 

"I mean , what's the occasion for you to give me a present ? We barely know each other . I can't take it, I'm sorry . " I apologize again , handing him the little box back . 
His smile faded and he gaped at me for a moment . *


" Please . You barely know me as well , and you've been there when none of the people I know were . Just take it as a thank you because I'm really bad with words." 

"No , I'm sorry , I can't ." I apologize again . 

He took the box from me and I felt relieved . Not for so long , actually . 
He opened it and took the charms out . He grabbed my left wrist and forcefully made me wear it. 

 " You're wearing this against your will . We're friends now , and that's my way to mark my belongings ." He giggled .
 
My heart dropped lower . His belongings ? Yea .. As a friend, he meant it . For a moment I wished he said it in another way , as in a man marking his wife with a ring.  Like : OFF , SHE'S MINE.

But who am I fooling ? He'll never see me that way . 
I'm a potato . He's a fry .

After he watched me eat and expressed his surprise of how well I do it , we spent the rest of the afternoon talking . 
Seunghyun was a really funny guy , just as I expected . He was quite goofy , but really funny . We've been talking about a lot of random things and I'm really surprised how comfortable I feel around him . It felt like he was judgment free . He didn't judge me in any way at all. And in a lapse of time , I let my dorky self out and he just over dorked me, if that's even a word . 
For a moment , my eyes unfocused everything around me and just concentrated on him . I was so overwhelmed with the beauty of that being , as a whole , that I completely stopped listening and just enjoyed the view offered to me . But still , looking at him breaks my heart . He wasn't like that the first time i saw him . Lately , he turned so pale . He lost too much weight , my heart shattered with the lost parts of his body . I know he needs someone by his side . I know he feels lonelier day by day despite all the people around him : His students who support and love him so much , his colleagues , his neighbors . I know he's been feeling desperatly alone every night going to bed by himself

Please log in to read the full chapter