Chapter 14

Dilemma
Please log in to read the full chapter

“brrr, brrrr” .
I stretch my arms over my head and roll over my bed , reaching out to my phone . It showed a number I don’t really recognize . I cough a couple of time and take a sip off my water bottle .

“Hello?” I ask in a husky morning voice .

“Miss Brown ?” A manly voice asked on the other end of the wire .

“Yes ? Who am I talking to ?”

“This is TOP corporation’s human resources department . We are calling to inform you that we think you are the one applicant who meets all the requirements . Congratulations for your first full time job .”

“Oh , really?” I ask in excitement , a glimpse of anger trying to take surface .

“Yes , please come meet us Tomorrow at 10 to finish the procedure . We’ll email you the extra information we need for you to officially join our company .”

“Ok . Thank you , sir .”

He finished the call . As much as I was happy about getting this job  ,as much as I was angry . I’m quite sure Seunghyun has something to do with that , and I’m not letting it pass. I don’t need him anymore . I’m over him , for good , I think .

“I asked you not to f*ucking get involved in this .” Yelled a voice whose owner showed up a second later , followed by the secretary .

“I’m sorry , sir . I tried to let you know someone wanted to see  you , but , by the time I picked the phone up , she was already opening your door . Should I call security ?”

“No , No ! It’s ok , Ji young-ssi . You can leave us alone.”

Ji young left the room , and I am found alone with Amani , alone for the first time ever since that night in the woods .

“How did you find my office ?” I ask , trying to have a conversation .

“I have a tongue , I guess . I can ask questions .” She roughly answered .
“Now , tell me . Why the are you doing this? Why the hell are you here ? I told you not to get involved .”

“Don’t swear ! It doesn su…”

“ing answer me , already ! Why did you have to show up now ?”

I couldn’t see the reason she was so angry to see me . Shouldn’t I be the one getting angry because she made me believe I’m so precious to her then avoided me for nine months ? Shouldn’t I be angry because she said all that she said , she did all that she did and she touched me so gently making me believe she wants to take care of me , but then left over night ?

“Why did you have to leave ?” I ask

She only frowned further to my question . I could see tears forming in the corner of her eyes , why is she so sensitive ?

“Answer me ! Why did you have to leave ? You always complained about people leaving you behind , and after you told me over and over how much I meant to you , you just did what you hated the most , and left me behind , over night , avoiding everything I did to find you and then completely changing all your contact means . You were always on my mind , day and night . I counted weeks , days and hours since the day you disappeared . I was trying not to think about all the bad that could’ve happened to you . I tried looking for you everywhere . I asked everyone that had any tiny thing to do with you . Why did you h….”

“Because I was afraid !” She yelled , interrupting me .
“I was afraid to live it all , all over again . You met someone , and you didn’t tell me about it . I was so hurt . You met someone and you hid it from me . You were the one who avoided me first . And when Taehyung left , i knew I was going to feel so lonely , because deep inside of me , I knew you’ll be busy with a better someone . I was so afraid you would give up on me first and I j…”

“You’re such a b*tch , Amani !” I interrupt , not regretting what I said .
She flinched in surprise and I continue . “You’re such a b*tch for thinking I would give up on you for her . She’s not worth a single toe of yours . “

“Yea , that’s why she got to be chosen over me . That’s why I got totally ignored , not even introduced properly the day I came to your house . That’s why I got to walk alone, so miserably , under a cold rain , when she got to sit right besides you , in your car , and hold your hand . That’s why I got to lie to my best friend about being ok when all I wanted was to be her .” She spit in between sobs .

I can’t believe what I just heard . All I wanted was to be her ? What is that supposed to mean ?

“You’re way better than her . Why would you wish fo..”

“Because she fr*aking had you !” She spit . “And I didn’t.” She whispered.

A “what?” slipped off my lips . What doe

Please log in to read the full chapter