Chapter 13

Dilemma
Please log in to read the full chapter

I sat there in that blindingly lit room . Waiting for them to finally call number 57 , but we were still at 48 . Junho asked me loads of questions about why I insisted on being present in this job interview out of all the others, when I usually just let him do his job without interfering . He wouldn’t understand . Even if I explain , he wouldn’t understand . That young lady needs to get this job at any price , and she needs to know she deserves the best and that she can success in loads of things at the first try and that it was ok if she lost in friendship a few times . Or maybe I’m doing this for me , because I miss her like crazy and I just want to force her against me once again , because she never really enjoyed being in my affectionless arms .
I refuse to give anyone a break until we finally interview the 57th applicant . I promised a two hour break right after that .
 
“Applicant 57 : Miss Brown Amani” .

My heart is beating so fast , it felt as if I was the one actually taking the interview .
A round figure walked in . My eyes , as soon as they landed on her , couldn’t part away from her anymore . She looked stunning . The closer she walked towards us , the jury , the more terrific she looked . God probably worked hard, for days and nights , making her sketch , then he spent nine sleepless months sculpting her . Her beautiful curves showed under the tight blue jeans she had put on . I want to run and hide her from the eyes of the two men and the probably jealous woman with me in the jury , I want to rush and hide her from the world.
I run my eyes up along her body , she gained a little weight to her , and a little tiny bit of volume to her chest . I bet those few millimeters that raised in her chest made her way warmer that she already was . 
I finally look up at her face . For the first time since I first met her , she had make up on . A decent line of eyeliner drew the shape of her eyes and she had a slight red color on her lips . She was wearing earrings and she got her hair done  . She looked stunning .
After giving a look to each of the jury members , she finally found me . A look of shock covered her face . She must be , after she clearly avoided me for almost nine months because of a tiny, stupid argument .

“Sit down , Miss.” Do Min Ah suggested , clearly dying inside of how beautiful Amani was .
Or was she ? Or was I the only one who almost died to the sight of her ?
It lasted fifteen minutes , fifteen long minutes . Fifteen minutes that they’ve been asking her stupid questions that she decently answered . Quarter an hour that my eyes didn’t move off her . I answered every question they asked in my head , hoping she could hear what I was thinking . She needs to pass this interview , she has to get this job . But why am I worried ? I own this company, I get to choose .

“Ok …” I interrupt Junho who was surely planning to wreck her nerves . “We will be ending here . Thank you for coming , Miss Brown.” I blankly say , standing , offering my hand to shake , hoping she would take it .
She followed my lead and stood , grabbing my hand into hers . I alm

Please log in to read the full chapter