Chapter 2

Dilemma
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Class dismissed .” The teacher smiled.
I stretched my tense toes and grabbed my books , tucking them in my back pack and heading where I always go : The restaurant .
It was a little restaurant , more like a café , but nothing fancy . Just a nice calm place where one could peacefully sit to study or just to chill and relax . They have great food , great drinks , and even greater prices .
Going there was part of my daily life and I wasn’t ready to change it for anything at all because it was something I really enjoyed .
I narrowed my eyes , carefully looking around as I walked in .
He was already there , as always , sitting that fancy sit of his . He looked up at me as I sat and smiled . I smile back and start unpacking my books , picking one of them and pushing all the others to one corner of the table . I shove my earphones in my ears and played my favorite playlist . I have to work harder today because I want to watch series later .

I check my phone and smile . I’ve been working for only an hour and I almost have all my work done . Two pages to go .

I stretch and distractively look up then back down to my books . It took me a while to take in what I saw .
Wait ! There’s something weird about it : a man eating , a waiter passing by , sad guy with some girl , a woman talking on the phone . Wait , WHAT ? Sad guy with some girl ?
I abruptly look back up . What ? He was with someone ?
Wow!
I look at him as he talked and gestured with his hands , a big and clearly genuine smile covering his whole face , causing his slanting eyes to grow smaller and to wrinkle on the sides , and two shy dimples to appear .
I’ve never seen him that happy for all the time I’ve been watching him . His eyes were so bright . Brighter than ever . His chest moved up and down on a faster pace. All his face moved with emotion : He’d roll his eyes once , lay back , poke her shoulder , close his eyes and throw his head back in laughter . He was more expressive than ever and I could see every part of it . Every part of him . In that moment , he was so transparent . And I think , in that moment , I understood it all .

Suddenly , silence filled their conversation . She was scrolling through her phone and he was staring at her . He looked at her with that same gaze . That gaze of anticipation , or longing .
No , I said .
It’s deeper than that .
She looked up at him and he didn’t bother looking away , as if he wanted her to see it , the way he adores her .
She mumbled something and all his features dropped . He nodded and hugged her goodbye , and she left .
He still looked happy , bright , light .
He still looked … scared .

There were moments where I’d just stop whatever I’m doing to look at him , it made time pass by quickly . It’s been five months now that I’ve been distracted by the existence of his smile , five months since I’ve noticed a beautiful unique curve I could never have enough of . And also , five months since she showed up .

Woah !
What’s with the way he stares at her ?                        
Man ! This is so annoying .
I look back down at my books but sooner give up and look up at them again . But it how cute they were . For a moment I wished to be her . I wished for someone to look at me that way , as if I was one of the most precious things their eyes have ever spotted . But no , I’m not the most precious thing , I’m just me . Nothing special .

I pack my books and leave . I’m so sleepy and I still have laundry to wash . Tomorrow is Saturday and I’m willing to wake up early because I have to study enough to spend Sunday watching series .

I wake up to a dog barking and swear for about quarter an hour before moving off my bed , crying .
I had five more precious minutes left before my alarm sets and that dog ruined it all .
I dress up in sweat pants and a hoodie , grab my backpack and leave to the café .
I’ve never went there so early in the morning .
I push open the big glass door and a bell rang .
I look around throwing a “good morning” to Taehyung. Poor Taehyung had been scolded a lot because of me . He would always leave his spot to come chatter with me , and would always serve me himself , and serve me first ,and angry customers would report him to his boss .

“You never came this early . What should I serve you ? I’m wondering .” He teased  leaving the counter and following me to my seat .
I glare at him and he giggled . I look up to the sad guy’s seat . It was still empty . Where the hell is he ? Wait ! It’s still eight thirty in the morning , what am I thinking?

“ He usually comes around seven , but he didn’t come today . “ Said Taehyung , losing his smile .
“What ? “
“The fancy asian guy . He didn’t come today .” He repeated , looking back at me .
Adrenaline exploded in my chest and I lay back : “ Wh

Please log in to read the full chapter