Chapter 22

Dilemma
Please log in to read the full chapter

I knock at the room’s door a couple of times and open the door to find Ella drowned in her closet , dressed in a little pink dress that cutely fits her small body .
“Ella , honey ? Are you ready yet ? We’ll be late !!” I smile walking into the room.
“Mommy , I don’t know what to wear .” She complained .
“You look beautiful in this dress . Come on, put your shoes on .”
“But mommy , I wore this last week to school , and don’t want to wear it again to go see uncle Seunghyun.”
“Ella , uncle Seunghyun loves you like that . He just loves you unconditionaly , and no matter how  many times you go see him with the same clothes on, he would still love you .” I explain . “Exactly as much as he loved me .” I think to myself .
She nodded and grabbed her shoes, following me downstairs . I let her sit on the seat besides the door and finish my way to the living room .
He was there , like always , standing in front of Seunghyun’s large picture hung to the living room’s wall , waiting for us to get ready .
“Honey ?” I smile , joining him .
“Amy ?”
“It’s that time of the year again , huh ?” I smile holding his hand and resting my head on his shoulder .
It was always the same , every year . Even though he left long ago , even though we haven’t seen them in an eternity , he never left our minds .
“Mom , I’m ready !” Called Ella .
I look up at Taehyung and he looked down at me .
“Ready ?” He whispered .
I nod and he placed a kiss on my lips right after .
Sooner we were in the car . The drive was silent , like it always was , every year . No music was played , and nobody talked besides Ella in the back , mumbling a few words with her dolls .
Taehyung parked and we left the car . Ella knows the way , now , to Seunghyun’s tombstone . She ran before us as we slowly walked after her .
“Ch-oi Seu-n-g-hyun .” She hardly read . “Choi Seunghyun .” She smiled . “ Mom , I found uncle Seunghyun . He’s here .”
I smile , making it look as genuine as possible , but Taehyung sensed the bitterness . He patted my back as I placed a rose in front of Seunghyun’s tombstone and prayed for him . Ella sat besides the tombstone and hugged it . She loves Seunghyun even though she never met him . She always tells Taehyung and me that he is her favorite uncle and that she was really sad and mad at the same time because he never waited for her to come before leaving .
“Daddy !” She called .
Taehyung crouched next to her as a response .
“I ‘m really mad at uncle Seunghyun , really ! Why didn’t he wait for me to come first ?” She asked .
“Look , Ella . Uncle Seunghyun is always with us . He’s always here .” Taehyung explained gesturing to his heart . “He’s always in our hearts .” He finished . “Especially mine .” He mumbled .
“Yes , honey . Uncle Seunghyun is always in daddy’s heart . Forever .”
Ella seemed to think for a minute . I begged for her not to ask any more questions , but being the curious child that she was , she ended up asking again . “But mum , why do you always tell me that Uncle Seunghyun is always in daddy’s heart . I don’t understand . I always ask you but you never answered . I start thinking that you’re ignoring my question on purpose , m

Please log in to read the full chapter