Chapter 3

Dilemma
Please log in to read the full chapter

I barely had any sleep last night . I've been thinking of him the whole time . Sometimes I just hated , really hated , how empathetic I was . I didn't even know the guy and I share his pain as if It was my own . 
I was willing to stay home today but I decided to go out . I'll spend the day thinking of other people's business if I stay in and I don't want that . And y'all know who I mean by "other people".
I shove my laptop and charger in my backpack and leave as soon as I finish wearing my sneakers. 
The glass door was open today . I happily walk In . I'm feeling amazing . 
I jump my way to my seat . I take my laptop out and open it , turning it on . I plug in my earphones and jump again my way to the counter trying to find Taehyung . 
I almost yell his name a couple of times before he came out with that messy brown hair of his . 
" And me who wondered why I found hair in my food . " I tease . 
"Shut up ! " He threw .
"Taehyung ? What happened? " I ask noticing he's not as fresh as usual . 
" I ed up real bad my chingu . " 
"TALK ALREADY !" I whine .
"Well , dad called to ask where I'm at with my phd , I told him that I'm taking my time and that I might work on it a little longer . Counting until the end of the year , so he got so pissed and yelled at me . He said he won't help me anymore with my tuitions and ended the call at my face . And now I can only make ends meet and that's it . "He complained grabbing on his hair .

"It's ok man . happens . Thank god you can at least make ends meet . Some people don't ." 
"You complain cause you don't have to work as much . " 
"I do work , Tae . I just don't go around complaining about it ." 
"Oh , thank you , friend . I'm the stupid one here because I'm talking to you " He angrily threw before disappearing inside again .
Guilt took over me . I yell his name again . Over and over . Louder every time . He finally came out . He knows I'll be yelling his name all day long if he didn't , so he just decided to avoid himself the embarrassment . 
"WHAT ! Please stop , ok . I was wrong to tell you at first." He snapped again . 
I join him behind the counter and wrappe my left arm around his large shoulders as he sat down on the little wooden chair : " Taehyung , please look at me . I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way , ok ? You're my only friend , and for nothing in the world I'd reject you . I love you so much , I was just angry because I see how hard you work here neglecting your studies when you really have to put more effort in your studies than here. Plus , the money you're payed isn't worth even half of how much you work . "

He turned to face me and sigh , wrapping his arms under my own and resting his head on my chest. I play in his hair to ease him down. I love this guy so much . I don't know what my life would've been without him . He's my favorite human . And I kind of think I'm his favorite human, as well. 
He hugged me tighter before finally parting away from me , throwing a little "Thank you" that I totally neglect walking back to my seat . 
"Hot chocolate . RIGHT NOW !" I say on the way . 
I'm glad it's not as crowded on Sundays .

Fate only gave me the time to sit my down to make him walk in again . 
Today he was dressed better . Dressed like he used to . I was trying so hard not to look at him but he was part of my life now . He was so beautiful not to look at . He was that secret I wanted to know . He was the fun part of my life . 
He pulled his chair looking around and I look down . I don't want him to look at me and find me looking at him because I still don't want him to think I'm expecting anything back from him , because really , I don't . I just want to sit there without being distracted by a sad man . I just want him to smile . I want him to smile . I want everyone to smile . I want everyone to be happy because life would be better that way , for everyone .

And in the moment I started picturing a life full of happy people, sunflowers and butterflies, walks at the sunset and innocent hugs under the moonlight , she had to walk in . 
She was beautiful in a way I could never reach . She was dressed in tight blue jeans and a white tugged in shirt . I could never do that for the simple reason that I've got that little something called "belly" . She wore white shoes and a blue Choker . Her hair was in a pony tail and she was so beautiful that I felt really small . I felt small whenever I saw her and I still feel so small right now . I feel that way because I know I'll never dress the way she dresses . And even if I get confident enough to do it , I'll never in my life look half as good . 
The sound of her heels on the wooden ground caught his attention and he turned to find her . He smiled , but not as big as he used to smile at her before . She sat in front of him and put her bag on the ground , next to her left foot . It didn't take them long to be fully into a burning hot conversation . It wasn't much of a conversation though , it was her talking and him getting interrupted all the way . I could see anger on his face as he waited for her to finally let him talk , but as soon as he opened his mouth to speak up , she stood up and stormed out . 
I didn't give a damn about her walking out , I looked at him the whole time . I wasn't ready to miss any tiny thing he does so I just gaped at him . Ok , I watched him.
He laid back on his chair angrily running his fingers through his hair , slipping a shy and angry sigh as his eyes got red . I was hoping for it not to happen but he was on the edge of crying . 
"No , please . Don't !" I mummer to myself . I wasn't ready to see him cry again as it was the most painful thing I ever witnessed . It cuts my heart to half and something makes me want to give him one half and keep the other for myself . I'd give him that half for him to replace his broken , torn heart . 
Or I would just hug him and keep tapping on his back until he trusts me enough to hug me back . 

I stand up and pack my things . I couldn't stand the scenery anymore . I finish my way to the counter :
"Tae ! How much ? " I ask . 
"It got paid for you ." He smiled
"WHAT ! Come on Taehyung , I told you you didn't have to . I can pay my own drink ." I complain .
"It's not me , it's Asian guy ." He smirked .
"WHAT!" I almost yell . 
"Well , he asked me to put your drinks and food for today on his count ." 
I turned a

Please log in to read the full chapter