004

Heartbreaker II

 

 

Luhan looked at his friend, confused.

“She’s..okay with it? Are you sure you were speaking to the right person?” Lay asked again, they were all inside their waiting room.

“Yeah, I met up with her for a bit.” Kai nodded as the stylist fixed his clothes.

“And you actually fell for it? Heol, daebak.” Sehun commented, Xiumin shook his head.

“What?” Kai asked.

“Ya, you should know better.” Baekhyun chided.

“When has our Kim Yeoshin been so open about how she feels? She’s never the type to say what she really means.” Baekhyun pointed out.

“Yup.” Chanyeol nodded in agreement.

“You were trying to call her the whole afternoon, right? No answer from her. And now you find her at a grocery store on a Wednesday afternoon.” Sehun pointed out, Kai paused, his brows knitted together.

“She was ignoring all your calls, Kai.” Kris stated.

“It must be bothering her, but she just didn’t want to tell you because we’re all busy right now.” Suho stated carefully.

“Call her after the show, I’m sure she’ll answer by then.”

 

 

“F…(x)..Function? Math?” Yeoshin mumbled as she stepped in her condo unit, she was reading an article on her phone.

“Amber…Krystal…Luna..Victoria…Sulli? Oh, only four members now.” She nodded to herself as she reached the living room.

She was about to take off her shoes when her phone suddenly rang.

“Abeoji.” She sighed.

“I saw the news, what happened?”

“Appa, you can ask your good friend Lee Sooman samchon, not me.” She said darkly, her father laughed.

“It must be something he cooked up for more PR.”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” She replied flatly.

“Is my daughter worried? That her boyfriend’s being taken away?”

“Now’s not the time.” Yeoshin groaned, but she was smiling.

“I’m just checking on you, I’ll be home next week.”

“Yes, enjoy your trip, abeoji.” She said before ending the call, Yeoshin plopped down on the couch and stared at her phone.

“PR my .” She said to herself before switching on the television.

“But, I’m not like that. I’m a reasonable person. I understand this.” She mumbled to herself.

 

 

Yeoshin skimmed through the papers, her fingers drummed on the table slightly as she began to read.

“Director?”

She looked up, her secretary was standing by the door, and then a tall figure breezed in her office.

“Well, yeah, he’s already inside.” Yeoshin shrugged, Sehun plopped down on one of the couches.

“Daddy Oh.” She stated before standing up.

“Not busy?” He asked her.

“I am, thanks for stopping by to bother me. Again. As usual.” She replied as she took the seat across his, Sehun snorted.

“What brings you here?”

“I just wanted to check on you, make sure that you aren’t making voodoo dolls of Krystal yet.”

“Heol. Is that how you see me?”

“Ani. But I know you.” Sehun said meaningfully, Yeoshin’s brows met briefly.

“You saw the photos, huh?” He asked.

“I did. I know they were from a photo shoot.” She pointed out.

“It might get too much for you, with all the talk going around. The media has the power to manipulate everything, but I just want you to know and remember, that its all a lie, okay?”

Yeoshin nodded quietly.

“Fans are confused, but they’re wishing them well. But, Kai only sees you. Just you. So whatever discomforts you’re feeling right now, throw it away.”

 

 

Yeoshin slid down from the car and stared at the KBS building, Sehun followed behind her.

“You just made me drive for forty minutes.” Yeoshin pointed out as they discreetly approached the building.

“We have filming here.” Sehun mused as he slung one arm around her.

“I don’t have anything here.” She said to him, Sehun rolled his eyes.

“Kai’s here. Of course you have something here.” He mused.

“Director Kim?” A masculine voice made them stop. Sehun was the first one to react.

“Sunbaenim.” He bowed politely as Hyungshik neared them, Yeoshin blinked at him, clueless.

“Director Park.” Yeoshin spoke.

“So, it is true. I heard you were good friends with Exo.” Hyungshik smiled while greeting Sehun with a smile.

“Not really, I was just~”

“Yeoshin, now’s not the time.” Sehun muttered, her lips quirked up. Hyungshik blinked, it was his first time seeing her smile.

“What happens to our lunch then?” Hyungshik asked her, Sehun looked at the male.

“Lunch?” Yeoshin asked.

“Did you just ask her out?” Sehun blurted out, Yeoshin slapped his arm.

“It’s a work thing.” Hyungshik chuckled.

“How about tomorrow then, director Kim? I’m sure we have a lot to talk about regarding the project, my father wants to meet you personally.”

“Yes. I’ll be there then.” Yeoshin nodded before offering her hand to him, Hyungshik smiled and gently shook it.

“I’ll hold onto that promise then.” Hyungshik winked at her before moving away with his staff tailing behind him.

“He’s pretty gutsy.” Sehun murmured as he followed Yeoshin to the elevator.

“He’s okay.” She shrugged at him.

“Was that compliment? An actual compliment?” Sehun balked at her.

 

 

“Isn’t your driver too pretty?” Lay mused as they slid in the room, Sehun chuckled.

“Goddess!” Tao beamed.

“You look a little pale, unicorn.” Yeoshin said before hugging the older male.

“Yeoshin, have you eaten? We have kimbap.” Suho walked up to her.

“I already ate,Joonma. Sehun just dragged me here. For no reason.”

“Ani, everything has a reason, other maknae.” Sehun mimicked her; she tossed an empty paper cup at him.

“Some things just never change.” Xiumin shook his head. Then the doors opened, Kai, Luhan and Chen stepped in. Yeoshin looked up as she was opening a packet of choco pie.

“You’re here.” Kai beamed as he saw her.

“I was dragged here.” She glared at Sehun.

“We have that company dinner later, might as well join us, goddess.” Luhan said.

“Yeah, because she has lunch with Hyungshik sunbae tomorrow. So we can’t invite her.” Sehun said airily, the other guys paused.

Kai’s brows rose and he sat down beside her.

“Hyungshik sunbae? For work?” He asked her, she nodded as he took her hand in his.

“I’m going to be really busy too. Can I just wait downstairs for you guys? I need to make some calls.” She asked, Kai nodded and she stood up.

“You better be there when we go down.” Kris stated, she chuckled at him.

“Do I have a choice?” She replied, Kai just kissed the side of her head before walking her to the doors, the two stepped out.

“You know cheese pizza doesn’t sound so bad right now.” They heard her murmur to Kai before the doors closed.

“Hyung, hyung, hyung,” Sehun suddenly spoke.

“What?” Kyungsoo looked up.

Sehun’s brows rose up, he just smirked and shook his head.

“Nothing. I just think things will get interesting soon.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++