020

Heartbreaker II

 

Suho looked up as the front door opened, Yeoshin walked in, she was in tears.

“Yeoshin-ah!” Kris panicked at the sight of her, she just turned away and headed for Kai’s room.

“Hyung, does she know?” Chen spoke.

“I doubt.” Suho shook his head as he glanced at the door.

Yesohin pushed the door open, she found Kai lying down on his bed.

“Kai, to~”

“Why are you here? What do you want?” His tone was cold, it made Yeoshin freeze.

“Kai, did~” She saw the cast on his leg, she gasped and walked towards the bed.

“Don’t.” Kai spoke again, Yeoshin grew confused.

“What happened?” She asked softly.

“Get out, Yeoshin. I want to be alone.”

Yeoshin brushed her tears from her face.

“I don’t understand, Kai, why are you~”

“I don’t want you here. Get out, leave the dorm.” He snapped at her, Kai sat up and looked at her tear-streaked face, he swallowed and looked away.

“K—Kai, what did I do? I was just~”

“You left in the middle of the concert,”

“About that, Hyu~”

“Go ahead, choose him. Choose your rich boy!” He met her gaze evenly, Yeoshin felt more tears escape her eyes.

“I—I don’t understand, what are you implying?” She almost choked, she laced her fingers together.

“Leave. I don’t want to see you.” Kai turned away from her, Yeoshin exhaled before leaving the room.

 

 

Mike stared at the TV screen dubiously; Maxwell was already asleep in his room. His sister was on the news. And judging by the looks of it, people were speculating about Park Hyungshik and Kim Yeoshin. People have been claiming that they’d make the perfect couple, a chaebol couple. Hyungshik was the perfect man for Yeoshin, they both had similar backgrounds, finished business degrees and also are of the same caliber.

No one even noticed how on Exo member posted a photo of Yeoshin with the caption of a heart emoji.

“This is going to be messy.” Mike murmured to himself.

He heard the doors open, Yeoshin walked in the living room. He noticed her swollen eyes and red nose.

Mei,” Mike stood up, she just shook her head at him.

The news, I~

I just found out on my way home, don’t worry about it, ge.

Mike frowned and just reached for her hand, but she pulled back.

“Good night, ge.” She said with a small bow before rushing to her room.

 

 

Maxwell looked up as his aunt stepped out of her room, already dressed for work.

Off to work?” Mike asked her as he handed her a cup of coffee.

Yes, you? You need to go to SM today, right?

They’re sending someone to pick me up in a bit, but, mei,

Yeoshin paused as she reached the kitchen’s mini bar, she grabbed a banana and faced him.

Your phone has been ringing since…last night. You left it in the living room.” Mike said carefully, she saw his sister’s brows meet briefly.

I’m going to be really busy today. And, I already found the perfect academy for you, nephew.” Yeoshin grinned at Maxwell.

But today, I have plans, auntie.

You have plans?” Mike was amused, Yeoshin chuckled.

What are these plans, then?

Wolf gege promised we’d go out today. The tall gege.” Just as Mike finished talking, Yeoshin heard the front door open, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Sehun walked in the unit. Yeoshin exhaled and nodded.

Okay, have fun.” Yeoshin smiled and kissed his cheek before picking up her purse.

“Yeoshin-ah,” Sehun spoke, Chanyeol and Baekhyun approached the toddler. Mike nodded before going back to his room.

“I’m running late, I have~”

“What happened? Why were you~”

“It doesn’t matter. What’s done is done. It was my mistake so, you don’t need to be bothered about this.”

Sehun sighed and watched as she walked towards the door and exited the unit.

 

 

Kai leaned back on the bed as he heard the door open; Suho placed the tray of warm food on the bedside table.

“How are you feeling?”

“I don’t understand, hyung.” He murmured.

“You don’t understand because you didn’t let her explain.” He said quietly as he sat down on one of the seats.

“What if they’re right?” Kai spoke.

“They? Who?” Suho asked, Kai didn’t reply. The older male leaned back on his seat.

“You read the articles, then?”

“I’m not blind, hyung. I am aware of who Yeoshin is and what kind of family~ ”

“Don’t go there. How could you think this way? This is Yeoshin, for crying out loud.” Suho sighed.

“And, they’re right, hyung. Hyungshik sunbae and her match really well, they’re both~”

“Kai, when she arrived here, she was crying. She was crying!” Suho shook his head, Kai grew confused.

“And I’m guessing you think it was because of that scandal? She didn’t know about it when she got here, something must have been bothering her and she rushed here. She needed you.”

Kai’s eyes widened, he looked at his leg, his forehead creased.

 

 

“She didn’t know about the rumors by then, she just wanted to be with you. And we all know Yeoshin doesn’t walk around exposing her tears. Something must have happened, and now you just sent her away as if she was nothing.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++