012

Heartbreaker II

 

 

Yeoshin slid down from the car and looked at the building before her, she glanced back at her secretary.

“Watch him for me, I’ll be back in a bit.” She said, Maxwell was already sleeping on his car seat.

“Yes, director.”

She closed the doors and slumped as she approached the doors to SM’s building.

“Nice to see you again, Yeoshin-ssi.” The receptionist greeted, she smiled back.

“You look prettier than usual, unnie. Date night?” She grinned before going to the elevators.

 

 

Lay watched as the young boys danced to their new song. Kai was also with him, mentoring the rookie group.

And Krystal was also in the room, Lay’s nose scrunched up slightly.

“They’re really good. I like this concept.” Krystal walked up to Kai, he nodded.

“It’s something new for SM.” Kai smiled, Krystal then took his arm.

“Then, how about we~”

Lay rolled his eyes and gestured for the boys to replay the song.

“C-c-c-c-c-c-Chewing Gum, C-c-c-c-c-c C-c-c-c-c-c, C-c-c-c-c-c-Chewing Gum,”

Lay saw the doors open, Yeoshin came walking in, clad in a pair of ripped jeans and a white high-collared shirt that accentuated her slim figure. She was typing on her phone, not minding to look up as she strode in.

“You made my black sneakers stop (You made), Come out, suspect (Come out)”

The boys of NCT Dream halted when the saw her.

Lay watched as his friend gained the attention of the young boys, and then she looked up. She blinked.

“You guys…got…younger.” She stuttered when she saw Lay, he just grinned at her.

“It’s NCT, mei. You remember Taeyong, right?”

“N—not really, do I have to?” She walked up to him, then she paused when her eyes landed on Kai and Krystal, both were standing by the table laden with energy drinks and healthy snacks.

“Shin, you~”

“Ya, Kim Jongin,” Yeoshin spoke, Kai looked up, he instantly smiled and walked towards her. Yeoshin saw Krystal roll her eyes.

“You’re a little early.” Kai grinned as he reached the two, Lay bit his lip.

“I didn’t know what to do at home, my brother’s a little busy.”

“Ah, I haven’t asked about that. How are you?” Kai asked.

“Surprisingly, we get along. And, Maxwell, my nephew, he’s a troublemaking angel. I love him.” She grinned; Kai chuckled and just slung one arm around her neck.

“Well, I’m excited that I get to meet them later.”

“Do you know that SM’s thinking of signing him here? I mean, for his Korean promotions.” She stated, she noticed that Krystal was walking towards them.

“Really? Then~”

“Are you two going out tonight?” Krystal walked towards them, Lay started to panic.

“Does it look like we’re not?” Yeoshin winked at her, Kai’s brows rose.

“It’s dinner with Yeoshin’s family.” Kai explained.

“Then, what if people see you two? The wouldn’t look good for Kai.“

“Wouldn’t that be nice? They’d know the truth by then.” Yeoshin laugh was rich with venom that it made the boys of NCT Dream pause.

Krystal blinked at her, Yeoshin smirked before facing the rookies.

“Please, continue. I like this concept, better than the ambulance song.”

“It was…Fire truck.” One of them mumbled, Yeoshin smiled sheepishly.

“I’m sorry. But, anyway, I’ll vote for you guys.” She beamed at them, Kai reached for her arm.

“Yeoshin-ah,”

“You know what, here’s the thing,” She spoke. Krystal faced her.

“Being with me has never made Kai look bad, but playing along with your lie will probably get him hate.” She spat.

Lay dismissed the rookies and asked for them to step out, Krystal crossed her arms.

“What do you know? You’re just a chaebol brat who loves using her power over others.”

“Krystal, stop this. Yeoshin~”

“Should I? Use my powers on you?” Yeoshin faced her, her eyes cold and empty.

Kai exhaled and gently covered her view of Krystal.

“Hey, this isn’t you~”

Lay sat down on the coach, clueless on what to do.

“The next time you chit chat with your staff about your plans on stealing my boyfriend, please do it somewhere private. I’m not deaf, you know.” She spat before storming out of the room. Kai exhaled and ran his fingers through his hair, then they noticed Sehun standing by the backdoors.

He was leaning against the doorframe, his arms crossed.

“Oh, you’re in for it now.”

 

 

Yeoshin stepped out of the practice room and rushed out of the building, she was shaking slightly as she went past through the sliding doors.

She closed her eyes briefly before looking at her fingers.

“That wasn’t me.” She murmured to herself.

“If I didn’t know better, I’d assume you escaped practice.”

She looked up; Hyungshik was standing before her, her brows rose.

“I called your secretary, since I couldn’t contact you.” He said as he reached her.

“Why? Did something bad happen?” She cleared , Hyungshik gently steered her closer to the building.

“Rumors have been...starting about us.”

She blinked.

“I know, I shouldn’t bother you with this, but I’m~”

“You’re an actor, I know. Don’t worry,” Yeoshin squeezed his arm.

“I’ll do something about it on my side. Thanks for the heads up.”

Hyungshik noticed how tensed she was, and how her cheeks were flushed.

“But, are you okay?” He asked her as he tried to reach for her arm, but someone took hold of his wrist. Hyungshik halted and looked up.

“What brings you here, sunbae?” Kai asked as he let him go.

Yeoshin looked up, her brows met briefly.

“I was trying to reach Yeoshin for work; I was told she came here.” He replied with a smile, Yeoshin exhaled.

“I thought you were busy, why are you here?” She faced Kai, the latter’s brows rose.

“Isn’t it time to go?” Kai asked her lowly as he placed one arm around her waist, Yeoshin shook her head.

“I can drive you home.” Hyungshik offered, Kai’s jaw twitched slightly.

“It’s fine, oppa. I’ll see you on Monday. Don’t worry too much about the rumors; I’ll have my secretary check on it right away.” Yeoshin smiled at him.

Kai paused at her calling him oppa.

“How diplomatic, miss Kim. I’ll see you then.” Hyungshik chuckled and patted her hand before walking back to the black BMW parked across the street.

Kai looked away briefly, his jaw clenched and unclenched.

“You’re right, this isn’t me. Kim Kai, I hate losing my cool. But, that girl wants you. And, don’t you dare come up with any excuses for her, because I swear, I might as well~”

“Turn into someone who isn’t you?” Kai cupped both of her cheeks; he leaned down to meet her gaze.

 

“I’ll talk to the company about it. I just realized how this is taking a toll on you too. I’m sorry.” Kai murmured before pulling her against him, his eyes tailed on the black BMW as it sped away.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++