024

Heartbreaker II

 

Kai leaned against the balustrade; his laced his fingers together as he closed his eyes briefly.

“Finally, you made your move.”

He looked up, it was Yeoshin’s secretary.

“Is your ankle better?”

“Not really, but the pain’s gone now.” Kai replied, the older male nodded and stood next to him.

“I’ve been thinking about it, whether I should…interfere or not.” He started, Kai glanced at him curiously. The male sighed and opened his mouth.

“I was there, when vice president arrived at the hospital. We were lead to believe that something bad had happened mister Park.”

Kai nodded.

“The vice president really did like him, but only as a friend. In a way, it was refreshing for her to have a new friend, but she didn’t know how he felt about her. I mean, I did notice it, but I wasn’t aware that she was..blind when it came to him.”

“So, she arrived at the hospital room, I was with her. Then to our surprise, Mr. Park was waiting there, Hyungshik’s father.”

“Yes?” Kai was confused.

“In truth, Park Yongshil wanted to talk to vice president privately, and seeing that she went to the hospital the moment she heard his son was hospitalized gave him hope.”

Kai didn’t know what to say.

“So, vice president went in the room while I waited outside, then I heard them arguing, I’ve never seen her so aggravated.”

“What..did he say?”

“He questioned her, how will she run the company alone and that it would be difficult for her since she’s a woman.”

“Was he aware whom he was talking to?” Kai shook his head.

“And…she finally said it, that she didn’t see Hyungshik that way and he wouldn’t even compare to you.”

Kai looked away, his brows knitting together.

“And the elder got angry at her, well, she had insulted him. And he went on about you being..just a celebrity and that you weren’t even supposed to be in her circle, that’s when vice president really…exploded.”

“What did she do?”

“She cut off all ties with Park Hotels, and…I saw her storm out of the room, in tears.”

Kai shook his head, he wanted to hit himself.

“So, please, talk to her. The company is in a mess now, we don’t know who to follow, her or her father.”

“And, I know things haven’t been easy between you and my boss, but to her, you’re different. You’re the only one she really depends on. And I know she needs you, especially now.”

“But, secretary Go, what they~”

“Give it a break,” Lay said dryly as he approached them, the older male smiled.

“Yeoshin never looked at statuses or what kind of background you come from, those are all..crap to her. She was a street fighter once, remember?”

Kai paused.

“It’s just you, you idiot.” Lay pointed out.

“And, sir, if you don’t go to her, I swear, I will have someone drag you~”

“I’m going.” Kai nodded before moving away from the two, Lay smiled and bumped fists with secretary Go.

 

 

Mike pinched the bridge of his nose, he was on the phone with his father.

Pa, don’t do this, or else you’ll lose her again.

Mike, this is business. And I do feel bad for what happened, especially towards Kai~

You like the guy, so why would you~

Park Yongshil is my friend, son. And he~

And Yeoshin is your daughter. Your blood!” He snapped, the line went silent.

What if she disappears? And this time she wont come back? What will you do? Why can’t you let her be?

He heard his father sigh.

I never intended to cause friction between her and Kai, I just thought~

She’s not your pawn, pa.” Mike pointed out sharply.

But, she’s so young and she needs allies in the business~

She will have them, but that doesn’t mean you have to endanger what she has with Kai.

Son, I don’t mean that, I just need Park Hotels~

Mike saw Hyungshik stepping out of the hallway with a bloody gauze pressed to his face, he hid his smirk and turned to face the wall.

Nevermind, it’s all settled then. You can try cause all the problems you want.

What are you~

But, if you don’t stop this deal with Park Hotels, I’ll take Maxwell and Yeoshin with me and we’ll leave.

Mike put his phone down and watched as Hyungshik got inside his waiting car.

 

 

“Hmm, you should sit here, goddess.” Chanyeol carefully lifted her and made her sit on the bed, Luhan placed a couple of chocopies on her lap and wrapped her in a blanket.

“Eat, mei.” He smiled at her, they all had their eyes on Hyungshik.

“Your heard her, leave.” Xiumin spoke.

“Yeoshin, you don’t~”

“The moment Kai punched you meant he was ready for a scandal to come, don’t think that we wont do the same.” Tao pointed out, Kyungsoo and Chen puffed their cheeks.

Hyungshik stood up and left the room, Suho exhaled and looked at the girl.

“I’m glad to see you’re okay, Shin. Not totally but, still in one piece.” Kyungsoo smiled at her.

“We’ll fix this, mei. We promise.” Kris nodded at her, she just opened a packet of chocopie and nodded.

“You don’t have to blame yourselves, oppa. It’s not your fault.”

Suho just gave her a small smile, he touched her cheek before leaving the room, the rest of the members followed, but Chanyeol and Tao trapped her in one big hug before hopping out of the room.

She smiled and shook her head before sliding down the bed; she made her way towards the windows and made herself comfortable on the windowsill.

“I don’t think I can face more visitors.” She said as she heard the doors open.

“Even me?”

 

 

Mr. Kim placed his phone down, he looked at his secretary.

“I told you so, president.”

“I know, you win.” He said gruffly, the younger male smiled to himself.

“But, were you really going to let it happen? President Park~”

“No, I wasn’t going to, I was just..thinking about the company, I forgot that I was dealing with my daughter.” He said with a small smile.

“And your son.”

“That kid, he knows how to make threats.” He nodded approvingly.

“But, why? Do you not like Kim Jongin-ssi?”

“No, I do like him very much. He’s the only man worthy of my daughter.”

“Then..why?” His secretary blinked in confusion.

“I trust Yeoshin. I trust that she’d make the right decision and get rid of the Parks in my place.”

“Huh?”

“I..just didn’t know how to deal with it, but it got a little difficult for me too when he asked me to arrange m daughter with his son.”

“President!”

The older male smiled sheepishly.

“I should visit Kai sometime. I hope he is well. He did knock out Hyungshik over, huh?”

“Now’s not the time to praise him, but you caused trouble.”

“I will fix this. Besides, my daughter,” He said as he gazed at the photo of Yeoshin on his desk.

“Always makes the right choices.”

 

 

She turned, Kai was standing by the door, she looked away. Kai approached her and sat across her.

“I understand if you want to push me away, but at least, Shin, let me see you.” He spoke, Yeoshin’s brows furrowed.

“I’m sorry you had to go through all that alone, I had no idea that his family was plotting…something like that.”

“I just don’t understand, Kai.” She replied.

“Why…Why would you let those words get to you? I never..” She trailed off.

“Because I’m afraid that I might be the one pulling you down, goddess.” Kai gave her a sad smile, she felt her own tears threatening to fall.

“You’re…a goddess, Shin. Top CEO, chaebol family, and~”

“I wasn’t that when I first arrived here, I was a thug. I was a thug who needed help, and you guys did. You accepted me for who I am.” She murmured.

“I still am that person.” Yeoshin finished.

“Yeoshin-ah~”

“What drives me mad is that….you’d actually let those rumors affect you, that you’d actually believe I’d choose him over you.”

“I know, I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” Kai nodded, she started to sob, Kai just wrapped his arms around her.

“Kai, I can’t do this. I can’t lose you over this.” She whispered.

“You wont.” Kai nodded and kissed the side of her head.

“So, listen to me,” She pulled back to meet her gaze.

“It’s just you, it’s always been you, Kim Kai.” She nodded, Kai smiled before pressing his lips against hers.

 

 

“I love you, chocopie monster.” He chuckled deeply before pulling her closer to him.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++